Jump to content
    Kay
  • Author
  • 2,499 Words
  • 969 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A New Year - 1. I hate New Year's

“Bro just come through.”

“Lisa. You know I hate New Year’s. You know I hate the city during any holiday. I’m not leaving my apartment.”

“It’s been like three years since you last went out on New Year’s –”

“I know. I’m trying to make it an annual thing.”

“Aaaand you’re not even gonna be outside or in a club. It’s an exclusive penthouse party with freeee booze. It’s lit.” I rolled my eyes. I loved Lisa but every time she dragged me into a party, especially on a holiday, some wild shit happened.

“Pleeeease come through Ren?” I could tell Lisa already had a couple of shots in her.

“Is it really lit?” There was shuffling silence before she replied.

“Sorry I forgot we were on the phone and nodded,” she giggled “It is lit though!” Yep she definitely had a couple of shots in her already.

“I’ll think about it.” I sighed. She hurray’d in response and hung up.

I hate New Year’s. It’s the dumbest fucking holiday. It doesn’t have shit on the Chinese New Year and it’s completely overrated in New York. Tens of thousands of asshole tourists crowd all of Times Square, which is already congested on a normal day, in ten degree weather to watch a glamorized discoball drop. Then everyone goes their merry ways to work up terrible hangovers for the next day whilst posting “New Year New Me” lies all over the social medias. I fucking hate New Year’s and yet here I am about to get dressed and pretty myself up to meet my best friend at some penthouse party in SoHo.

At least it wasn’t in Midtown.

With a huff I unwrapped myself from my comfy cocoon under my kotatsu careful not to burn myself on the precious L that was gonna get me through the night.

Maybe that’s why I agreed to this outing. Maybe I’m high as fuck. Not possible since I had over half the joint left but that’s what I’m gonna tell myself.

I padded to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Maybe I’d get some tonight. I wasn’t unattractive.

Greenish brown eyes in a slanted shape I inherited from my Japanese mother, cocoa brown skin from my dad, full lips, and a big curly afro that haloed around my head and fell to my shoulders looked back at me. I wouldn’t disappear in a crowd. I especially wouldn’t have in high school when various metal ornaments adorned my face. At 23 I contented myself with the ring adorning my left nostril, the 10 all together in my ears, the rings in my nipples and my precious dydoe.

I wouldn’t disappear in a crowd but people would definitely run away screaming when I exhibited my terrible social and romantic skills. I probably wouldn’t get any but maybe I’d have fun.

I took another long pull from the joint and washed my face. I went to my bedroom and pulled together a nice outfit of ripped black jeans and a slim fit black tee. Thanks to global warming and a massive el niño, this year’s New Year was unseasonably warm.

I went back to the bathroom and spritzed my hair with conditioner and water and made my curls bouncy and defined with a curling crème.

I took one last long hit and left the joint in my ashtray. I pulled on my green flight bomber and my shoes, grabbed my keys and wallet and left my house with a nice floaty feeling enveloping me.

***

I made it to the venue and texted Lisa that I was outside.

“You came!” She practically screamed and hugged me.

“I did!” I grinned back at her. If I wasn’t gay and Lisa wasn’t my best friend, I’d totally be on her. She was beyond hot. She had dark brown almond shaped eyes that screamed sex and trouble, a slightly upturned button nose with a smattering of freckles surrounded it, full lips and black wavy hair cut in a messy bob framing her face. With curves to die for wrapped in a bright magenta bodycon dress that complemented her caramel skin, Lisa Nichols defined hot.

“Come on! The party is just getting started!” Lisa grabbed my hand, flashed one of her award winning smiles at the doorman and ran with me into the building and elevator. When we got to the door, the bouncer flashed a dark light on Lisa’s wrist and looked at me.

“He’s my plus one, Bruno.” She added a little lilt into her voice along with another one of her teasing smiles. Bruno smiled back at her and opened the door for us. Barely contained music blasted back at me.

The place looked more like a club than a two floor penthouse. Bodies either writhed on the dancefloor or lounged on couches. Different colored lights streamed through the place. A huge flatscreen sat on the wall behind the DJ counting down the time until New Year’s - two more hours. Immediately I felt the base from the music in my chest and the adrenaline that rushes through you when you enter a rager rush through me.

Lisa led me to the bar. “4 Shots –Tequila please.” She said to the bartender. He nodded and filled the glasses for us. “Since I’ve already had a head start, these four are for you.” Lisa said as she pushed the four glasses toward me.

What the hell. I downed all four back to back, sucked the lime and grinned at the rush that went through my head.

“More shots please!” Lisa giggled at the bartender and he delivered.

**

At some point Lisa pulled out a J from her clutch and we passed it back and forth. I felt tipsy and floaty as one of my favorite songs came on.

“Oh I love this song,” I jumped up “Dance with me?” Lisa looked at me like I was dumb for even asking and walked with me to the dancefloor. Despite being incredibly socially awkward, I’m an amazing dancer.

The DJ was great. Every song he played was a banger. I lost myself in the music and the high and I guess that’s why I didn’t jump out of my skin when a tall stranger stepped up behind me and asked to dance with me.

I turned around and almost gasped. Where I was very warm toned with brown skin, hair and eyes, this stranger was all cool toned. Black hair in a long on the top with short sides style, icy grey eyes, a slightly crooked nose, full lips spread into a perfect smile and a strong jaw looked back at me. Well not back at me. More like down. This guy was a fucking giant. At 5’9 my head just passed his shoulder.

Instead of saying yes or even hi, my socially inept even while under multiple influences ass said “Holy shit! How tall are you?” He chuckled. It was a deep, beautiful sound that sent tingles down my spine.

“6’4.” He replied still smiling. I smiled back.

“ So that dance?” he said in his deep, lovely voice.

“Sure. Step to it hot stuff.” I replied. God I’m fucking trash. He smiled at me again and pulled me toward him. He smelled amazing.

**

We danced forever. Or for a couple songs. At this point I had no real concept of time. He leaned down. “I’m Layne. What’s your name, beautiful?”

“Ren.” I smiled back up at him.

“I’m tired of dancing.” He said. He grabbed my hand and led me upstairs to the quieter parts of the apartment. We plopped down on one of the empty lounge couches. He pulled out a J and lit it.

“Want a hit?” He said with another dazzling smile. What the hell? I’m already high out of my mind anyways. I smiled and took it from his fingers.

**

We talked for hours. Or minutes. Still no concept of time.

“Will you be my New Year’s kiss?” He said.

“I don’t know. Will you be mine?” I giggled. He giggled back at me and got up.

“Where’re you going?”

“Gotta pee. Brb.” He paused and we both laughed at his accidental rhyme. I had cotton mouth. I made my way back downstairs for a drink and caught a glimpse at the time.

11:54pm

Wow only six minutes until it was a whole new year. Amazing. Maybe that’s why people celebrate New Year’s. It seems fucking rad when you’re high out of your mind.

I went to the bar and got another drink. Whatever the fruity concoction was it was delicious so I got another one. I downed it and went on the search for whatever his name was again.

It was 11:58 and I sulked in a corner convinced I wouldn’t get my New Year’s kiss.

The countdown started and I felt someone come up behind me. I turned around. It was whatshisface! He smiled at me.

“I’ve been looking for you!” I smiled back at him. The countdown reached zero and everyone screamed Happy New Year as whathisname leaned down and kissed me.

It was electric. It was hot. Probably one of the hottest kisses I’d ever had. I sunk my hands into his feather soft hair and grinded into him. He opened the door next to us and we stumbled into the room. Of course it was a closet. At least it was spacious.

He pushed me against the door and nipped my sensitive ear making my breath hitch.

“Is this okay?” He whispered as he rested his hands on my belt buckle. I nodded. He peppered kisses down my jaw and throat, concentrating on a place above my collar bone. It drove me crazy. I was gonna burst if he kept working on that spot. I pulled his face up and kissed him roughly as he unbuckled my belt and unzipped my jeans

He pulled away again slowly slid own my body and to his knees. He smirked up at me as he slowly pulled my length out my briefs. He eyed the dydoe piercing on my head with the pink jeweled balls on the barbell.

“Such a pretty dick with a pretty piercing” He flicked the piercing with his tongue and enveloped my head in wet warmth. I moaned loudly and unashamedly. It had been a while since my last hookup and I was gonna nut after the first suck.

“Fuck…” I said breathlessly. Whatshisface was great. Beyond great. The things he did with his tongue. He took me into his throat without warning and I gasped that I was gonna cum. He swallowed around me and squeezed my balls. I buried my hands into his hair and released a silent yell as I came. He swallowed everything and pulled off. He gave my hyper sensitive head a kiss and gave me a wink as he got up off his knees.

We were nose to nose and our lips brushed when he asked me if I wanted to continue. Just as I opened my mouth to say yes his phone rang. He checked the ID and held up one finger as he answered.

“Hello…I’m kinda busy here…yes….okay…I’m on my way.” He hung up and his previously warm eyes looked closed off.

“So I have to leave.” Wow. Who’dve thunk it? He had better company to get to.

“I figured.” I replied as I tucked myself back into my jeans. My head was literally hung down. He lifted my chin up with.

“But I want to see you again, Ren.” He smiled, his eyes looked a little more open.

“Okay.” I smiled back at him. I knew I looked like a dope. I had too many endorphins running through my blood. Weed, alcohol, and post orgasm bliss is a heck of a concoction.

“Gimme your phone. I’ll put my number in.” I gave him my phone. He put his number in, gave me a lingering kiss and let himself out the closet.

I planned on leaving the closet too but I was just so sleepy and high and the floor looked so comfortable. So I decided to take a nap.

**

I jumped up and struggled to get with my surroundings. Right. In a closet. Got amazing head. Got a number. Fell asleep in closet. I checked my phone.

It was 5 am. I called an uber and stumbled out of the closet and onto the sidewalk to wait for my ride.

**

I jumped up again. This time I was on my couch and I had a terrible hangover. I rolled off the couch and landed in a heap on the floor. Fucking fuck. This is why I fucking hated New Year’s.

I crawled to the bathroom and plugged my long dead phone in by the sink and hopped in the shower. By the time I got out, I felt slightly human and my phone pinged with an incoming text.

Lisa: Hangover brunch? Usual spot?

I replied and pulled my hair into a poof on top of my head. I noticed a huge hickie above my collar bone. I sighed but I couldn’t keep myself from smiling slightly.

I dragged myself into my room and put on my favorite Adidas sweats, a hoodie, and a pair of sunglasses as I dragged myself out the door.

**
Lisa was waiting for me at our usual corner booth by the window. She was dressed in similar fashion, hungover in similar fashion as she clutched a bottle of water with a death grip and yet she still looked amazing. I had to figure out her secret.

“Good morning.” She said to me in a hoarse voice.

“Too much screaming last night?” I smirked. She rolled her eyes at me and took a swig from her bottle. “So what happened after we separated last night?” I asked.

“Well,” she started “I danced like crazy. I took a pill. I danced and drank some more. Had a quickie with some guy in the master suite. Passed out on a couch. Woke up with no regrets at like eight this morning and dragged my ass home.” She took another sip of water.

“Wow. That’s better than what you usually get yourself into.”

“I know right? So what happened with you?”

“Met a guy. Got lifted out of my fucking mind with him. Talked all night. Forgot his name. He gave me head in a closet and got his number afterwards.” She arched her eyebrow and smiled.

“Gasp. You had fun? On New Year’s? Amazing.”

“Bitch shut up. New Year’s still sucks ass.” We both laughed and went to check on our respective social media accounts to make sure nothing that would jeopardize our jobs ended up on the internet last night.

“Hi. My name is Layne and I’ll be your server today.” Layne? That sounded familiar. I looked up and last night flashed in front of my eyes.

I hope you guys liked this first installment! Any critiques and creative criticisms are very much appreciated. <3
Copyright © 2016 Kay; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..