Jump to content
    Kay
  • Author
  • 701 Words
  • 964 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A New Year - 2. Weed clearly makes you miss huge details

Fuck. His name was Layne. Layne totally gave me head the night before. I totally forgot his name. And now Layne is totally my waiter? My poor hungover brain didn’t know what to do so I stared at him while he stared at me with this really attractive but unnerving smirk on his face.

“I….uh...” I couldn’t even stumble out an order. Lisa, whilst giving me a face that clearly said “Dude what the fuck?”, finally took over and ordered our drinks and entrees. Layne flashed that stupid, dazzling smile and walked away.

“Dude what the fuck,” Lisa started. “Did you just notice that Layne was super fucking hot or what?”

“Wait you know Layne?” I sputtered, almost choking on my water.

“Of course I know Layne. He’s been our waiter since we first started coming here.” She ended the statement like it was a question, clearly confused about my wellbeing.

“He’s been our waiter for that long?”

“Yes. What are you trying to get at? What’s happening?”

“Layne was the guy from last night.”

“Wait. What?” Her eyes widened and her mouth opened and spread into a shocked smile. “Are you fucking with me?”

“No. He’s the guy from last night. For real.”

“Layne – the boy next door waiter – was the minx from last? I can’t believe it.”

“Well he damn sure wasn’t a boy next door last night.” I replied as I took a sip of my water. Before Lisa could say anything else, Layne came back with our coffees and placed them down on the table with a smile before spinning away again.

“So you’re telling me,” Lisa started. “you’ve never noticed Layne until today?”

“No. Every time I come here I’m either blazed out of my mind or hungover out of my mind. Fucking Beyoncé could serve me for a week and I probably wouldn’t remember or notice it was the goddess herself.” I shrugged.

“You’re a mess, you know that right?” Lisa laughed.

“Bite me.” I replied with a roll of my eyes.

**

Lisa called for the check and the lovely Layne whisked by and pushed the book toward me with a wink.

“Oooooh okay,” Lisa started with a smile and raised eyebrows. “Open it!”

I did and read aloud what the little note on the check said. “Meet me in the bathroom?”

“Well shit.” Lisa exclaimed.

“I know right. I guess it’s time to go.” I said to Lisa as I got up.

“What?”

“What do you mean what? Clearly he has some type of ‘bathroom hookup at work kink’ and I’m totally not gonna be a part of that. So it’s time to go.” I pulled my wallet out and put my half of the money down and looked at Lisa with my eyebrow arched.

“I mean I guess.” Lisa said with a sigh as she laid her half down and got up.

We were halfway down the block when someone called my name.

“Hey! Ren! Wait!” I turned to see Layne running towards me. He stopped in front of me and caught his breath.

“Why the hell are you chasing me?” I asked, more surprised than irritated.

“You…didn’t meet me in the bathroom.” Layne huffed quickly.

“I mean I’m all for hookups and all–”

“Hookups? You thought I wanted a hookup?”

“Well duh. Why else would you invite me to the bathroom?”

“To talk to you without getting fired?”

“Oh.” Layne flashed me a smile and I felt my cheeks warm slightly. He was like one of those damned sparkly anime characters when he smiled.

“I wanted to ask you out.”

“What?”

“You see…I’ve had a crush on you for a while.” I looked at Layne dubiously.

“We literally just met last night.”

“Yeah but I’ve been your waiter forever. You’ve just been too hungover or too high to notice. Last night was my chance to finally talk to you. But you were clearly blasted out of your mind,” I made a face. “Don’t make that face. I was blasted with you.” He gave me one of those dazzling smiles again. “So…will you go on a date with me? I really wanna get to know you.”

“I…uh…”

Sorry it took me 100390582058 years to put out a very short chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed! Ch. 3 will hopefully be out soon.
Copyright © 2016 Kay; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I don't know how I missed this story! Actually I do, it was posted on Jan 3, and I know I had a hangover that week. :o
I like your light touch and narration flow.

 

It seems like an interesting beginning, but I wasn't too fond of this short chapter. It was the perfect opportunity to make Ren a little more three-dimensional. All we really know about him is he's gay, gets high and dances well.

 

The budding relationship (?) with Layne will hopefully do that.

 

Anticipating a nice fat chapter! :P

Link to comment

Just discovered this tasty morsel of a story...and I'm excited to see where you take it. You've created some great characters, and I'm guessing Layne is goons upset several preconceptions of our hero.
Good job here! Now, roll a fat one, get your ass in the chair, and start writing! We're waiting on that next chapter!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..