Jump to content
    mattjohnson
  • Author
  • 417 Words
  • 540 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

New life in Raynerbrook - 2. Strange Town, Strange Things Part Two

"We're almost there" said Theo's mother Karen Black.
Theo looked up just in time to see the sign: "Raynerbrook - 10 miles"
Theo was beginning to feel something, something... not quite right. He couldn't put his finger on it, eventually he just decided it was his nerves. Moving to a new town was a large step after all.
The window in the small car was open fully, and the wind blew through his black hair, the wind was strong and his hands shielded his eyes. protecting them as he looked out of the window, taking care not to put his head too far out.
They were around 5 miles away from the town when he saw it in the distance. They began to go downhill, down into a valley where a town stood in the distance.
"Raynerbrook" thought Theo, his eyes taking the sight in.

The town was nestled in the bottom of the valley, there was a lake nearby, with a huge forest on the other side. All of it, the town, the lake, the forest, it was all enclosed inside the sloping edges of the valley, almost like they were hidden away from the rest of the world.
But Theo, (despite feeling that uncomfortable feeling of unease again) liked what he saw of the town. It was pretty small, sure, but it looked like an easy place to live, there was a lot he could see; football pitches, gyms, a cinema, a large school. There was even an ancient looking building standing on a small rise of earth just away from the rest of the buildings.
"It must be haunted" thought Theo, an amused expression crossed his face.

And then he felt it.

They had just reached the bottom of the valley when suddenly it felt as though he been forced through a freezing cold waterfall without getting wet.
It was like they had passed a barrier of some kind.

Theo's mother, Karen, and his little sister Megan did not seem to notice anything. They didn't even notice the shocked and dazed expression that crossed Theo's face when they reached the bottom of the valley in the car, Megan had been looking out of her side of the window, and Karen has been focusing on driving.
Theo was confused, what the hell had just happened?

"Look's like we're here!" exclaimed Karen, excitement clear in her voice.
Theo looked out of the window on Megan's side and saw the sign.

"Welcome to Raynerbrook!"

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..