Jump to content
    maw062007
  • Author
  • 773 Words
  • 839 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unspoken - 1. Secrets Effect

I edited it and added more to it, let me know what you think. :)

A boy is walking down a road with tears rolling down his face. The street is in the suburbs of a small town with a few lights here and there, it's dark, but the moon isn't quite out yet. There are houses about medium in size, with a variety of cars parked in the driveways. On the sides of the street, a few houses have TVs and lights on, but most of them only have a porch light on. A blue BMW pulls up next to him with the passenger side window down, we see another boy.

"Come on Marc, get in the car, let's go back to my house and we can talk." the boy in the car says.

"No, you don't want to talk, you don't like talking, remember?"

"Please, just get in. We can just sit here and talk, if you still want to go home, I'll drive you there, deal?"

"Fine, but remember, this was your idea, Sage."

Marc gets into the car and closes the door. Sage rolls up the window and pulls over to the right side of the road. The radio is on and tuned into a pop station. Marc wipes his eyes with his left sleeve, still sniffling a bit sitting closer to the door than to Sage. Sage starts to say something then stops, leaving his mouth open and ending up blowing air out of his mouth in a half frustrated sigh.

"I thought you wanted to talk." Marc says quietly, almost like he's feeling defeated.

"I do, I just don't," Sage sighs, "I just don't know what to say."

"You said enough back at the house. You don't like me the same way, even after everything."

A tear rolls down the side of Marc's face.

"I said I didn't know if I do or don't, I just want a little time to figure things out. That didn't mean I wanted you to leave."

"Well I thought it was the better choice. I didn't want to force you to choose and when we're together I can't stop myself from wanting to be close to you."

They both go silent, the song ends and the radio host announces the next song. Sage reaches over and turns off the radio. Marc relaxes into the seat, puts his seat belt on, and looks at Sage with a mixture of pain and affection in his eyes.

"I like being around you Marc, even the cuddling is nice, because it's with you. It's just what if someone finds out and can't keep their mouth shut or somehow we give ourselves away? I don't want to be pegged as the two fags."

Marc cringes at the word fags.

"I don't care if someone finds out, I like you, a lot Sage. If you like me too then great, if not then drive me home and forget about it. I'll just crawl into a dark hole and disappear."

"I don't want to hurt you, but I don't want to be disowned and a social outcast either. I'll drive you home, but don't think I'm saying no."

"Sure."

Sage pulls back onto the road and drives a few blocks, turns left and drives down to the second house on the right and pulls into the driveway of Marc’s house. Marc gets out and walks into his house.

Sage sighs and pulls out driving back home.

"How did this get so screwed up?"

~Twelve hours prior~

Marc and Sage are walking down the hallway of a typical high school, lockers on both sides, other students of varying ages hustling around, getting into lockers, chatting with friends, etc. They stop at their lockers which are only a few away from each others.

Sage says, "So, my parents are going to be gone, again, and I need someone to hang out with for the weekend, want to come over?"

Marc giggles and says, "Sure, as long as there is actually food this time, I don't want to try to cook again."

"Haha, yeah, the freezer is stocked with the necessities, hot pockets, burritos, and pizza rolls. Plus there's snacks and soda galore."

"Sweet, am I riding with you then or do you want to pick me up at my house?"

"I can give you a ride," Marc blushes. "Brett's going home with his girlfriend today."

"Her parents actually trust him enough to let him come over?"

"Haha, yeah, besides he's all talk."

"True." Marc smiles.

The warning bell rings.

Sage says, "See you in English," and smiles walking away.

"See ya," Marc says as a smile lights his face and walks to class.

Copyright © 2011 maw062007; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Fairly standard beginning for a teen coming of age story so far it seems. You use a mix of narrator speech and 3rd person pov which was a little distracting but not a bit deal You did do a good job showcasing the character's emotions. I could feel Sage and Marc's conflict and the swirl of emotion between them in the car. Marc's clear disbelief that Sage isn't saying no comes loud and clear with that single, "Sure."

 

This is a type of story that has been done a lot. You need a twist to the story that we don't often see or to really pull your readers into your character's lives, so even if they've seen the type of story you're writing before, they just have to know what happens between Sage and Marc. You've a good start; keeping going and show us what you can do.

Link to comment

For I'm guessing that you are shooting for, it's a good start. But the thing is it's vanilla, and you have to try to make sure that it isn't "too" vanilla. More ink to your pen:).

Link to comment

The dialogue was well done, what there was of it. What character development you achieved came from the dialogue. By all means, show me more.

 

Keep in mind the "Sneak Peaks" forum when you're looking for some "down and dirty" feedback.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..