Jump to content
    Mellicat
  • Author
  • 1,160 Words
  • 1,379 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Other Side - 9. Chapter 9

From: Seth Williams (on_the_prowel@gmail.com)

Date: July 21. Monday

To: Toby

Subject: Hey there, sexy!

Toby,

Hey. It was good talking to you the other night. Thanks for the call.

So what’s up with this Chase guy? What’s his story? You know I like to check out your bfs.

Sounds like your job is pretty high pressure. I’m sure you’ll make the grade. HP is pretty laid back. Guess I’m lucky.

How are the clubs there? Pretty great I suppose. Austin has a decent gay scene. More dance clubs than I expected. I had visions of nothing but line dancing. The Forum is a pretty cool club. You should fly down here for a weekend and let me take you around. Maybe you could help me make Cole jealous.

Wow, that doesn’t sound like me, does it? Ever know me to care if someone was jealous? Damn, I need to get a grip. But Cole is some beauty. I think if he would play the game the way it’s suppose to go, you know, follow me around like a lost puppy, then I wouldn’t give him a second glance. Well, maybe. But as it is he acts interested, then blows me off (and not in a good way). He’s driving me crazy, Toby.

Okay, I better shut up or you’ll think I’m ready for a padded cell.

Later

Seth

*****

From: Samantha Ellsworth (sexy_sadie@gmail.com)

Date: July 21. Monday

To: Seth

Subject: The Hamptons Rock

Have I mentioned lately how much I love NY? Jason and I had the best time in the Hamptons. I swear I saw Jerry Seinfeld walking his dog. How cool is that? But really, I spent a good part of the weekend with my legs pointing north.

Seriously, it was one of the most romantic weekends a girl could ask for. I won’t bore you with the details as I know you abhor that sort of thing, but let’s just say Jason totally made up for working late every single night last week.

So how is Austin? Did you see Cole this weekend? Please don’t tell me you stayed home. You are starting to worry me, Seth. Where’s my “use ‘em and leave ‘em by the wayside” guy? Am I going to have to come down there?

Yeah, that’s an idea. Why don’t you come see me? Check out the NY nightlife. Surely there would be something here that would interest you.

So, speaking of “love ‘em and leave ‘em” there’s this little hottie that lives on my floor. So far it’s just flirting in the hall, but I don’t know, I think I feel some sparks. But the fact that he lives in my building tells me he’s not someone I’d be interested in. At least not for anything more than a fuck. I mean, if he can’t afford more than this dump, he certainly can’t afford me. Still might be worth a roll in the hay.

Any news from Toby? I left him a message to call me but haven’t heard back from him yet. Hopefully you have.

Talk soon

* hugs and kisses *

Sam

*****

From: Toby Anderson (cute_xy@gmail.com)

Date: July 22, Tuesday

To: Seth

Subject: Re: Hey there, sexy!

Hey Seth,

I’d love to come see you but I have no idea when I’d be able to. And yeah, my job is high pressure, but I’m really enjoying it and I’m starting to get noticed.

Chase is great. I’m sure you’d like him.

Gotta run

Later

Toby

*****

From: Seth Williams (on_the_prowel@gmail.com)

Date: July 23, Wednesday

To: Sam

Subject: Are you insane?

Sam,

Why would you want to chase after some loser next door when you’re dating a lawyer? I thought you said he was good in bed.

So you’re willing to trade in a weekend in the Hamptons for sitting in a crappy apartment eating take out and watching TV? You should rethink things, seriously.

I got a phone call from Toby. Well actually I ambushed him at work. Called information, got the number for DOA and managed to get transferred to his office without much trouble. Made him promise to call me. He did a couple nights later, but really Sam, I’m worried about him. I think this Chase is bad news.

I ran into Cole the other night. He asked for my phone number. What’s up with that?

Gotta run

Seth

*****

From: Samantha Ellsworth (sexy_sadie@gmail.com)

Date: July 23. Wednesday

To: Seth

Subject: Re: Are you insane?

Okay, who are you and what have you done with Seth?

Since when do you tell me to pass up sex in lieu of a relationship? My Seth would have said “go for it, what are you waiting for?”

The Seth I knew never gave out his phone number, much less fretted over what the guy meant by asking for it.

So who are you?

*****

From: Seth Williams (on_the_prowel@gmail.com)

Date: July 23, Wednesday

To: Sam

Subject: Re: Re: Are you insane?

It’s me. Really.

Maybe I’m homesick for Green Bay. Or maybe I’ve finally lost my mind.

*****

From: Samantha Ellsworth (sexy_sadie@gmail.com)

Date: July 23. Wednesday

To: Seth

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Are you insane?

Maybe you’re in love.

*****

From: Seth Williams (on_the_prowel@gmail.com)

Date: July 23. Wednesday

To: Toby

Subject: Weekend Trip

Toby

Hey, I was thinking I might fly up and see you this weekend.

I’d love to see the city and to be honest I could use a break from Austin. (yeah, I know)

So, what do you say?

Later

Seth

*****

From: Toby Anderson (cute_xy@gmail.com)

Date: July 23. Wednesday

To: Seth

Subject: Re: Weekend Trip

This weekend isn’t good, Seth. Work is hell right now.

*****

From: Seth Williams (on_the_prowel@gmail.com)

Date: July 23. Wednesday

To: Toby

Subject: Re: Re: Weekend Trip

Okay, that’s cool.

So how about next weekend?

******

From: Toby Anderson (cute_xy@gmail.com)

Date: July 23. Wednesday

To: Seth

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Weekend Trip

Why don’t you hold off for a couple of months?

I’d love to show you the city, hell, I’d love to see it myself. But really, it’s just not going to work right now.

Sorry. Hope you’re not pissed

*****

From: Seth Williams (on_the_prowel@gmail.com)

Date: July 23. Wednesday

To: Toby

Subject: Re: Re: Weekend Trip

I’m not pissed. I’m worried about you, but I’m not pissed.

******

From: Toby Anderson (cute_xy@gmail.com)

Date: July 23. Wednesday

To: Seth

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Weekend Trip

No need to worry. I’m fine. Really.

******

“Something’s up, Sam. I’m telling you he is totally blowing me off,” Seth had called her after receiving Toby’s last email. “I have half a mind to go any way. Show up and surprise him.”

“There is no way Toby is blowing you off, Seth. He worships the ground you walk on and has since the day he met you.”

“He’s changed, Sam. He’s not the same Toby we knew in Green Bay.”

“I think you’re the one that’s changed. Toby’s just spreading his wings, adjusting to his new life out there. I’m sure everything’s fine. If you want to get away for the weekend why don’t you come up here?”

“You don’t get it, Sam. Toby is in over his head.”

“You don’t really think that.”

Seth sighed. “Yeah, I do, Sam. I really do.”

Copyright © 2011 Mellicat; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..