Jump to content
    N_M_V
  • Author
  • 1,753 Words
  • 867 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

x Two of a Kind x - 3. Chapter Three

p> WARNING: This story does contain violence. along with descriptions of abuse and strong language.

“So, how have you been little brother? Last time I saw you, you looked like you could barely hold in your own piss. You were so scared.” The boy said to Henry with a grin. “It’s very similar to the look your giving me now.” The boy broke into a laugh.

The boy that sat on the bed was William, in every visible way. From the light brown hair and eyes, to the placement of the birthmark on his left cheek. Now don’t let this wolf in sheep’s clothing fool you. The person speaking is not William. The stranger within Williams body is an invader, created from fragmented pieces of Williams mind. Who has given them self a personality and name. Kevin unlike William is spontaneous, explosive, outgoing and dangerous.

Henry quickly moved to cover Kevin’s mouth. “Kevin, be quite before a nurse comes in here.”

Kevin rolled his eyes and nodded his head. “Worry about yourself little brother. I have all these pretty nurses wrapped around my finger. Which is understandable, because look at me!” Kevin said smiling, after Henry removed his hand.

Already wanting to cover his mouth again Henry asked “Kevin why are you out?”

“I don’t know, you tell me. It’s not fair though, I’ll tell you that. What am I supposed to do in the middle of the night? You think I can convince one of these nurses to give me a thorough examination in my room?” Kevin said with a grin.

“Shut up and be serious. Bring Will back, it’s too dangerous for you to be out.”

“No can do, little brother, he’s too exhausted. So, you’re stuck with me.”

“What do you mean exhausted? What’s wrong with Will?”

“Stop with the Will this and the Will that. God, you’re so annoying. Will would be better off without you and your bitching. I’ll take care of him, so don’t worry.”

“You’re not real, all you ever do is hurt Will. Every time you show up you bring trouble. Just go away, and leave my brother alone.”

“Listen here you little shit, if it weren’t for me you wouldn’t even have a brother. I may not be real to you, but Will made me for a reason. Start using your brain Henry, why do you think that is? Let me guess you don’t know why, but I do. You may think of me as some monster, but isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Don’t judge me for my actions, when your hands aren’t clean either. We both had to do things to survive. You did your thing and I did mine, end of story. Now there’s finally a way to leave everything behind forever, and I’ll be damned if we let it slip by us. So, we’re going to listen to the detective and the social worker and do whatever the hell it is they want us to do. We’ll be good boys and Eventually everything will blow over. Not long after that everybody will forget us like they did before.”

“No, this won’t just blow over. There are five dead bodies found in our house. We are the main suspects. We didn’t kill those people, but they’re going to think we did. Also, dad is out there somewhere. if you think he’ll just forget about us, you’re wrong. He will find us, and who knows what he’ll do to us.”

“If the old man comes back, I’ll deal with him. You just sit pretty like you always do, okay!” Kevin said as he stood up. “For now, I’ll go a long with the little lie you told William about that night. Just so were on the same page.” Kevin said as he walked toward the room door.

“Thank you, Kevin.” Henry whispered without thinking and knew that as soon as the words slipped out he had made a mistake.

“Don’t thank me! I’m not doing any of this for you. So, listen to me closely Henry. We will never be on your side. I only tolerate you because of Will, remember that!” And with that Henry watched his big brother leave the room.

----------------------------------------------------

Just like Monica told Henry the day before both Jillian and Detective Lee came back; Officer Monroe followed behind them. Henry was given a sketch pad and was drawing when they entered the room. Jillian entered the room first, he greeted him and pulled a chair close to his bed. Henry had decided to listen to Monica’s advice and give them a chance.

“Hi Mrs. Hoff.” Henry said surprising everyone in the room.

“How are you doing today Henry?” Jillian said with a smile.

“I’m okay.”

“That’s great, were two for two. We just came from seeing your brother, and he said he’s feeling much better too.” She said happily and Henry gave her a small smile. Jillian began to settle more into her seat and her expression became more serious.

“Alright Henry, Detective Lee and Officer Monroe have a few questions for you. Is that okay?” she asked and watched his response carefully. Henry shook his head yes.

“Ok Henry. If at any point, you begin to feel overwhelmed or it gets too hard for you let us know. Okay?” Henry agreed.

“Alright Henry, tell us what happened.” Detective Lee said.

“Um…Will and I were in our room, when everyone came over.”

“Why were they there?”

“To drink and get high, that’s what they always do.”

-------------(Flashback: One Month Before the murders)--------------

Henry watched as an old rusted green truck pulled into the driveway, making a loud screeching noise as it came to a halt. Not even a minute after another car pulled in next to it. Everything seem to be following the same routine, like every other Friday.

“They’re here.” Henry said turning to look at his brother, who was reading a book on his bed.

“Don’t worry about them, Hens. They’ll leave just as fast as they got here, after they get there fix.” William said, sending Henry a small comforting smile.

“I hope so.” Henry said looking back out the window. Watching as the group of adults walk towards his house. It was at that moment that Scott Thomas looked up, catching Henry watching. Henry quickly moved away from the window. This brought an arrogant smile across Scott’s face as he continued to make his way to the house. Just before Scott was out of sight, he winked at Henry. Sending an uncomfortable chill across the boy’s body.

For the next couple of hours, the sound of music, laughter and beer cans opening filled the house. The boys were also having a good time as well. In their room, away from the festivities that were happening below them. It was the sound of footsteps going up the stairs, that echoed through the hallway. Signaling the boys that a person was coming to invade their sanctuary. Henry moved closer to William, when they heard the footsteps begin to move in the direction of their room. Without even a knock the door opened, a very happy Scott Thomas stood against their door frame.

“Hello boys, William your dad wants you to come down for a little bit.” Scott tried to say to them.

“Ok.” William said as he got up and began to walk out the room. Pulling his little brother with him.

“Not you.” Scott said stopping Henry before he could walk out the room. “You…You stay here. William go on ahead. Don’t want to keep your dad waiting do you?” William stopped and looked over to Henry. Giving a look that said he’ll be right back, before leaving the room.

“Aw you boys are so cute, caring for each other and all. I wonder what would it take to tear you boys apart. What if I told you a little secret your father and brother have been keeping from you? Hmm?”

“Shut up! and get out of my room Scott. I don’t want to hear whatever lie it is that you want to tell me.” Henry said causing Scott Thomas to laugh.

“You have grown into quite a vocal young man. I may lie to other people, but for some reason I can’t bring myself to lie to you. I like you Henry, you have always been my favorite Saiber. So, my offer is still out on the table. All you have to do is say those magic words and I’ll take care of everything. Time is running out Henry, and I don’t like waiting. So, make your decision soon.” Scott said walking over to Henry. He reached his hand out to touch Henry shoulder, but Henry smacked his hand away before he could make contact. Which made Scott angry and he backed away.

“ Make your choice soon, or I’ll make it for you.” the man said before he turned and left.

----------(End of flash back)--------------

Detective Lee listened to Henry closely as the boy retold the events of the previous night. In his career he has questioned many people and in a job like this you can easily tell when a person is lying. Detective Lee knew Henry was lying, but his gut feeling told him that Henry didn’t murder those people. Even though his words were telling one story is facial expressions and body reactions were telling another. Why was he lying? Who is he protecting? His brother? Father? Or someone else?

“Lee!” Jillian said snapping the detective out of his thoughts.

“yes.”

“ Do you still have questions, or are you done?” Jillian asked.

The detective looked over to the boy who was watching him. “Yes, I’m done for now. Thank you, Henry. If there’s anything else you remember, or want to tell me call me.” He said handing him a paper with is name and number on it.

“I mean it henry, don’t be afraid to call me.” Detective Lee said looking over Henry one last time, then Detective Lee left with Officer Monroe in toe.

A few silent seconds passed before Jillian broke the silence. “I have some good news Henry, both you and your brother will be released tomorrow.” She said with a smile.

“Where are we going to go? after we are released.” Henry asked, trying to hide his worry.

“Someone has offered to take both you and your brother in.”

“who?”

Hello, Readers
Thanks, for taking the time to read my story. i hope you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know what you think. 
 
N_M_V :thankyou:
Copyright © 2017 N_M_V; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

OK Kevin is a dick. I definitely like William better. I have a feeling I know who offered to take the boys in. Can't wait for more

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..