Jump to content
    Percy
  • Author
  • 1,265 Words
  • 1,298 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Double Cross - 7. Chapter 7

Jamie slouched in his chair, surrounded by his and Trisha’s carry-on luggage, and watched his wife browse the shops on the other side of the airport concourse. They were in San Francisco at the end of a 9 hour flight and waiting to switch planes to complete their journey home.

Home.

He felt a twinge of regret that their vacation was over and a sharper twinge of apprehension at returning to familiar environs, all the places where he was unquestionably male and Trisha was unquestionably female.

The last few days of vacation had been closer to the second honeymoon he had imagined when they had first arrived on the island. The morning after RiverGlow, he’d awakened to the purple and grey shadows of early dawn and the sight of Blaine dressing silently near the tents entrance. He looked around. Trisha, sleeping deeply next to him, was the only other person in the tent.

“Where’s Dee?”

Blaine turned, saw that he was awake. In the low light, Jamie saw his shoulders move in a shrug. The silhouette detached itself from the wall of the tent and moved back to the sea of pillow in which he and Trisha were still nestled. Blaine sank down next to him, propped a head on his hand. Jamie rolled onto his side so that they were facing each other.

“She was gone when I awoke too. Probably headed back to her own quarters in the middle of the night.” Blaine watched his face for a reaction but Jamie felt only confusion. Was he sorry to find her gone? Or glad? She had created a fantasy world for him and for Trisha, but did they want to continue in it? Did they need her to do so?

“Why were you leaving?” he asked Blaine.

“Text from Silas,” Blaine held up his phone, the face of it bright in the low light. “He and his crew are flying back. They’ll be landing in a couple hours.”

Jamie started. He’d forgotten about the big man, Blaine’s boyfriend…or something…his companion who had gone off-island for a day or two of work. He thought back to the night in the hottub. The past 48 hours had been a swirl of emotion, a cornucopia of new experiences. “I guess you should be going then.”

Blaine’s fine fingers reached forward, brushed softly at the still-curled locks of Jamie’s hair. “Are you okay, sweetheart?”

“I’m not sure how I feel.”

“Do you still love your wife?” Blaine’s eyes held him, those serious, playful, watching eyes that had so engaged him from the moment they met.

“I love her very much. More than ever.”

“Then that’s how you feel, Jamie. “ Blaine’s hand dropped to the back of Jamie’s neck, encouraged him forward. Jamie allowed himself to be kissed. He was once again enfolded in the arms of this strange, tender man who held him, petted him. He was passive in the caress, falling into the sweetness of it, only giving a little moue of disappointment when Blaine slowly ended the matter and drew away.

“You’re a darling, but I must go.” Blaine shoved himself upward and took two strides to flap of the tent door.

Jamie had rolled to his other side, dropping an arm over Trisha. “We’ll see you later? You and Silas?”

Blaine paused at the exit, nodded without looking back. “Of course.”

Trisha had woken up shortly after and the two of them had made love again, passionately, forcefully, in the sultan-like tent. When they had emerged in the late morning, they had found the riverbank mostly deserted. The few people about took no notice of them, though they’d had no choice but to re-dress in the same outfits they’d worn the day before. Jamie recognized they were close to the path via which Blaine had led him to the resort. He and Trisha had found their way back to the B&B.

Trisha had been the one to set the tone for how the vacation would finish. She’s proposed the plan as they’d showered together in their room at the inn. “How does this sound for a plan? For the remainder of our stay, I’ll pick out the clothes you’re to wear and you’ll pick out mine. We’ll have to trust each other to set the tone, play the right notes, for all our activities.”

The plan had been a total success and a fun one. He and Trisha had returned to Dee’s resort to pick up some more clothing options for both of them. She had refused to accept payment for the spa services, saying it wouldn’t be right since she’d gotten so personally involved. As a result, Jamie and Trisha had spent a large chunk of money in the resort’s clothing boutiques. A respectable collection of women’s wear was sitting in Jamie’s luggage and Trisha had improved her collection of mannish attire.

They’d not cross-dressed for their entire stay. But usually at dinner, or sometimes on the island’s secluded beaches, Trisha had coaxed him into a skirt, sometimes weaving flowers into his hair or adorning him with femme trinkets around his neck. He’d given her plenty of opportunity to stride about in her sporty shorts and shirts. They’d ventured out with Blaine and Silas for some snorkeling trips and kayaking ventures. Silas had undertaken a few cooking classes at Trisha’s insistence and Blaine and Jamie had engaged in a number of rounds of chess. Their relationships had not ventured into sexual territory again, but the foursome had left feeling they’d forged some close friendships.

Trisha was waving at him now, across the concourse, standing near a clothing rack jammed between a circular stand of paperback books and a towering luggage display. She was holding a wrap around skirt, a short one with a flower print. He furrowed his brows. That didn’t seem at all to her taste. She was currently dressed in faded denim jeans, soft from dozens of washings. Slip on tennis shoes and a powder pink t-shirt completed the outfit. She’d placed the diamond studded earrings he’d purchased for her years ago in her ears and the short haircut made her round, puckish face more expressive than ever. She waved the skirt insistently across the way and then grabbed a crew neck sweater in a dark forest green and held it up with the skirt.

It was a cute outfit, but still not her style. Jamie frowned again and shrugged.

Trisha gave him an exaggerated eye roll and shook her head. She pointed at the outfit and then at him.

“Oh” he felt his lips form the words. She was shopping for him. He blushed, flustered. He glanced away and then back to find her laughing silently at him. She disappeared further into the store with the clothes and he knew she must be purchasing the outfit.

Their flight was forthwith announced on the crackling speaker overhead and he began gathering their things. Maybe going home wouldn’t be so bad. They’d still find ways to play. Trish scooted up next to him, shopping bad in hand.

“You owe me an outfit now.” She held her face up for a kiss which he obligingly dropped onto her lips.

“Do you know what kind of clothing budget we’re going to have if we’re both buying men’s and women’s clothes?” He chuckled as they moved forward on the queue.

“Oh, but it will be worth every penny.” Trisha grabbed her carry-on from him and tucked herself under his arm. He squeezed her close, suddenly looking forward to getting home.

So, we've reached the end. Thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2012 Percy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well that's certainly a way to rejuvinate a marriage! lol

 

I'm glad everything worked out for Jamie and Trisha. Too bad they couldn't take Blaine back with them! =)

Link to comment

I like the overall sensual feel this story has, I like the play and exploration of gender roles, and I like how you gave the story and Jamie and Trisha a happy ending.

 

When the story began it was obvious Jamie and Trisha don't have the best of relationships and in the first couple of chapters I thought they would eventually slip apart and maybe end up having a divorce. A lot of the focus was on environment/setting and with clothing. Initially i wasn't sure what was the intention with that; you set the mood, both readers' and characters'; but it wasn't until Jamie's scene getting dressed in the 20's style dress and he was all prettied up it all made sense to me.

 

Both Jamie and Trisha seem a lot more content and happy in the last chapter than they were in the first. It was also nice to see how much they improved their relationship, and how the exploration of gender roles (not sure that's the correct word, but I'll use it in lack of better terminology, I hope you can understand what I mean by it) helped them redefine each other's love for one another.

 

Thanks for writing and sharing!

Link to comment
On 10/01/2012 11:12 PM, Lisa said:
Well that's certainly a way to rejuvinate a marriage! lol

 

I'm glad everything worked out for Jamie and Trisha. Too bad they couldn't take Blaine back with them! =)

Thanks, Lisa, for all the lovely feedback throughout the story. I agree, too bad Blaine is only a fond memory for them both. :)
Link to comment
On 10/02/2012 03:54 AM, sorgbarn said:
I like the overall sensual feel this story has, I like the play and exploration of gender roles, and I like how you gave the story and Jamie and Trisha a happy ending.

 

When the story began it was obvious Jamie and Trisha don't have the best of relationships and in the first couple of chapters I thought they would eventually slip apart and maybe end up having a divorce. A lot of the focus was on environment/setting and with clothing. Initially i wasn't sure what was the intention with that; you set the mood, both readers' and characters'; but it wasn't until Jamie's scene getting dressed in the 20's style dress and he was all prettied up it all made sense to me.

 

Both Jamie and Trisha seem a lot more content and happy in the last chapter than they were in the first. It was also nice to see how much they improved their relationship, and how the exploration of gender roles (not sure that's the correct word, but I'll use it in lack of better terminology, I hope you can understand what I mean by it) helped them redefine each other's love for one another.

 

Thanks for writing and sharing!

Thank you, sorgbarn, especially for the sensuality comment. I agree that the focus wandered a little in the story, not always to bad places, but still...

 

You are an excellent reviewer. Your constructive feedback really helps me improve. :)

Link to comment
On 10/02/2012 04:12 AM, carringtonrj said:
Thanks for sharing this lovely story. Happy endings are always good. :) Clothes!!
I may be quoting here, but "clothes are the thing, eh?"

 

Thanks for all the supportive comments!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..