Jump to content
    Phoenix
  • Author
  • 829 Words
  • 707 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events, or incidents are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, and incidents belong to NBC Universal <br>

John Beckett - 1. Prologue

Copyright 2010.

Disclaimer: If it is illegal to read this where you are, then don't read it. This story is completely fictional, and based off the TV series Quantum Leap. Any similarities to any persons or events, past or present is purely coincidental. This story contains homosexual themes, along with a sci-fi/fantasy storyline. Quantum Leap is copyright by NBC. http://www.phoenix-writing.com

August, 2010

Prologue

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator, and vanished.

He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al; an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so, Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap, will be the leap home.

July 5th, 2001

John Beckett was five years old. He was playing with his toy cars quietly in the living room. His Mom, Donna was watching quietly, observing her son. John looks up at his mother, “Mom, why isn't Dad here for my birthday?”

Donna smiled quietly at her dark haired, green eyed wonder. “You know why, John. Your Dad is very busy.” But the truth is Donna doesn't want her son to know that he'll probably never meet his father.

Her husband was Dr. Sam Beckett, the head of a top secret team called Project Quantum Leap. Sam theorized that one could time travel within his own lifetime. But when the funding for the project was threatened before it could be tested, he stepped into the accelerator and vanished.

John was Sam's son, and has never met his father. He was conceived one night about five years ago, during the one day Sam was home before he went off to rescue Admiral Al Calavicci, Sam's closest friend and observer. Al and Sam had traded places during a lightening strike, bringing Sam home, but putting Al in harm's way.

John had a birthday party on the past weekend. All his friends were there, and his Dad's friend Al even made a rare appearance with his wife Tina. It was a fun party for John with hot dogs, cake, and lots of presents!

John was a smart kid though. At age five, he was home schooled because he was ahead of his peers in school. Right now he'd be in grade nine, and Donna didn't want her son to be teased and tormented. So she kept him at home, and taught him herself with her own PhD to back it up.

September 8th, 2015

Ian held John in his arms as they cuddled on the couch. They were watching TV quietly. John's mother had run to the store to get a few things. In the last fourteen years, John had grown up, with his mother's gentle guidance. He graduated from high school by age eight, and then went on to do two bachelor's degrees, two master's degrees, and a PhD.

Ian caressed John's arm. “What are you thinking about?” Ian was about 5'5” with blond hair, and the same green eyes that John had.

“My Dad” John replied. Ian knew how much his fiance desired to find his father. His mother had told him time after time that he worked at the US military base nearby, but didn't live at home due to the long hours. Ian worked at the same base, as a scientist. What Ian never told John was that he worked at Project Quantum Leap.

Ian was 25 to John's 19 years of age. Ian had a PhD in physics, and enjoyed being a scientist for the military. John being the prodigy he is had a PhD in physics, and a masters in quantum theory. Ian was quite proud of his fiance. They were planning to be married on the most perfect day – January 1st.

John closed his eyes in his lover's warm embrace. Although he wasn't obsessed with it, he did want to find his father. He found it odd that despite living so close, he would never visit. John was generally a go-getter, and perhaps even a bit controlling. Ian was his balance, and John was thankful they had met two years ago when Ian was in one of John's classes.

It was about 3 am when Ian woke up to the sound of his cell phone ringing. Donna had come in to wake him up as Ian had left it in the family room. “Montegro” Ian answered.

“Dr. Montegro, it's Gooshie. We have a problem.” Ian put the phone on speaker so Donna could hear. He looked at the bedside table where he set down the phone, and his access pass for the base was missing.

“What problem could possibly arise at 3 am?!? I have a meeting in three hours, Gooshie, and I'm exhausted.”

“You are engaged to Dr. John Beckett, yes?”

Ian looked a little flustered at that. “Yes, but what...”

“IT'S TOO LATE! HE'S LEAPING!” Ian and Donna could hear Al yell in the background.

“GOOSHIE! WHO THE FUCK IS LEAPING?!?” Ian was white as a ghost, with cold sweat over him in fear.

Gooshe audibly gulped. “Dr. John Beckett.”

Copyright © 2022 NBC Universal; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2011 Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events, or incidents are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, and incidents belong to NBC Universal <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..