Jump to content
    RiyanW
  • Author
  • 2,321 Words
  • 872 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hidden Treasure - 1. Chapter 1

I have read many books. I love to read; I can pretty much read Harry Potter in a day and romance novels. I read a few of those too. Yet this story isn’t really my romance. In fact I am not sure if it’s romantic at all. It’s about someone I adore greatly, my best friend, who just so happens to be gay.

I heard the alarm and I woke up looking at the pale green walls around me. A poster of a Final Fantasy character on the wall was looking back at me. I think his name was Leon. I remember when I won that for Anthony at a convention. I was lucky in a raffle. I had bought like 12 raffle tickets and won 4 times. The look on his face when I gave it to him, he had always been a final fantasy fan.

Looking around it took me a moment to realize I was in his room. Then I jumped up like a scared cat and ran out of the room. “Anthony!” I called and thankfully he answered. I came around the corner and there he was in the kitchen writing on a note pad. “Oh you’re alright.”

Anthony looked confused at me. “Why wouldn’t I be? I didn’t do anything yesterday remember.” I looked over him at the bruise on his cheek. I moved over and lifted my hand to touch it and he shrieked back. “It’s fine, I am writing a grocery list. Since between you and Ryan I am not allowed to leave the house he said he will go shopping for me.”

You see, to give you a recap of what happened, Anthony was in a rather abusive relationship, verbally abusive. Honestly I was amazed he was in it for so long, normally he doesn’t tolerate any kind of abuse unless it’s you being abused by his hugs and friendliness. He’s never been in a relationship that went past a year but I suppose after his break up with Chris he never quite recovered.

Chris was the only relationship that came one month short of an entire year and he loved Chris more than anything. Chris had constant anxiety attacks; he was a bit frail always going to the hospital. The hospital was where Anthony met Chris. He was there to see his sister who was a nurse and Chris was one of her patients and he hit it off well with him while waiting for his sister to finish helping him so she could leave ending her shift and next thing you know he brought Chris flowers everyday saw him all the time. It started out just being nice and friendly to him. Chris was recovering from cancer and he was supporting him all the way. Chris didn’t have much family, yet Anthony became a part of his family.

When Chris got out Anthony continued to be there for him, to look out for him. Next thing we know he fell for Chris and Chris for him. Chris had a tendency to freak out but Anthony didn’t mind at all. He found creative ways to calm him down and everything. Yet, Chris still didn’t stay. As much as he loved Chris as much as he did for him one day he woke up and he text me. Said today was the day Chris was going to break up with him.

Now I thought Anthony had a tendency to be paranoid as well. He would always tell me, Chris was going to break up with him. As inhuman as it may sound, Anthony has a neck form premonitions. He said he just felt it inside him that Chris was looking to leave him. He would always tell Chris he wasn’t a burden to him that he didn’t mind driving across the city for him or anything. But a month before the break up Chris freaked out in the middle of the night and Anthony of course jumped up to go to him and, there was a minor car accident. Minor car accident, Anthony’s fault and he owned up made sure the other person as ok and everything. Keep this in mind this is important. Anthony ran into a guy named Derrick, tall guy, dark hair, bright brown eyes really tough looking. While the cop was investigating Anthony made jokes lightened up the mood apparently and well.... What can you say Anthony’s a lovable person? Him the cop and Derrick became friends. That’s Anthony for you. He could make friends anywhere he goes.

Anyway Chris freaked out about it he couldn’t see that accident as minor and he made a huge deal out of it. He never let that go. Then that faithful day that Anthony called me, I was picking up the pieces of my best friend who was refusing to leave his home for a few days. What happened to Chris? He moved to Tennessee with his mom since she was sickly too. Found a nice girl and got married. All within a year? Yes that girl just so happened to be his ex. Crazy right?

Now remember that abusive relationship that Anthony is in? Yeah, remember the guy Derrick he met in the accident... Derrick is the abuser. I am not exactly sure how they managed to get together but they did and Anthony said he was abusive. We have heard it on the phone. “We”, being me and our other friends. He never hit him though so I guess Anthony didn’t mind. Anthony did have a tendency to verbally abuse himself so maybe that it? Hell I wouldn’t know. I was always telling Anthony he was great.

Though you might be wondering, how did Anthony get that bruise on his cheek if Derrick isn’t physically abusive and why am I at his place? Derrick went out to a club with Anthony, a club a friend of ours owned. Anthony would visit sometimes and sometimes if the crew gets together, me not included, they put on a dance show. Anthony and the other 3 are really good with their routines. I was heading there myself to see Anthony, Derrick and our friend Rachel, who owns the club, but when I made it there, Derrick was drunk. Anthony being as attentive as he is could tell and was worried when Derrick got into it with someone else which of course happened. He tried to calm him but well, there went that verbal abuse and POW, Derrick punched Anthony in the face.

Anthony is pretty scrawny, not the biggest guy. Average height, messy brown hair dark eyes, but he was no push over. He was well trained in fighting by his cousin who ran a karate school amongst other fighting styles he knew. Anthony got free lessons. Yet Anthony didn’t swing at Derrick, but as Derrick went for another, he dodged and tripped him and said. “Once, but not twice.” And like that he went with me. I stayed over incase Derrick was going to try something but no. He didn’t call or anything. Me and the others however are on the lookout. We don’t like where this is going.

The phone ranged and I grabbed it but Anthony snatched it from me giving me a stern look before he answered. I knew who it was by the look of Anthony’s face when the voice came from the other end. He was silent and finally he smiled. “Yeah I forgive you.” Fuck! Anthony was crazy. I gave him a jaw dropping look and he continued to speak. “I’m fine, I am at home, Kyle is here. W… n… no no that….” He was looking down at the table now. It was the abuse. I went to snatch the phone but Anthony was faster than me and jumped out of his seat. “Well you started it he wouldn’t be here if you didn’t pull your shit last night.” He leaned on the fridge now. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have cursed at you… I am not coming over today. Kyle is here and Ryan is going to go grocery shopping… No just three days I will be back after three days promise. B…. alright tomorrow… ok… bye” He hung up and sighed. “Grocery shopping is off; I go back to Derricks tomorrow.”
I frowned. “Why do you put up with that Anthony and I know it’s not some shit like you’re scared of him.”

Anthony just smiled at me. “So how about pizza?” He always did that. He always avoided that question. He never told me why he puts up with it but Anthony doesn’t lie.

“Are you scared of him Anthony yes or no?”

Anthony began dialing for delivery. “No.” I didn’t think so.

“So why?”

Anthony just smiled again. “It’s not like I am in danger so what does it matter why? It’s been what 6 months with this guy now? 11 is the record.”

I frowned. “You confuse me Anthony I don’t know if you are doing something sadistic and sick or if something is wrong with you…”

Anthony laughed and began talking on the phone ordering Pizza. Once he was done he hung up and sat down. “Kyle you know me. If he didn’t get upset with that altercation last night I wouldn’t have gotten hit. And he called to apologize. He didn’t come over, he didn’t try anything, he just said sorry asked where I was if I was ok. He got upset with me being here with you because I have still been unable to convince him that you are straight.”

I sighed putting my elbows up on the table and resting my face in my hands. Yeah I am straight and my best friend is gay and it’s really not the first time someone has sworn I was gay. For one I had long blonde hair. I let my hair grow out. I was highly non-violent, minuses spiders, and I don’t have a girlfriend. I had one before I don’t go flirting and looking though. And most of the time I am with Ryan and his girlfriend or I am in many cases with Anthony. We have been together since middle school when he saved me form a few bullies. Never left each other’s side. Our parents became best friends and this house use to be our house. His aunt owns it and she moves out of state when she got married but let Anthony keep it. I moved into an apartment after Anthony broke up with Chris and was about to move back in once I got him back on track but Derrick came along and I can’t move in or Derrick goes nuts. Point is being as close as I am to Anthony everyone at some point thought we were dating. Which is why Derrick hates me. Yet Anthony won’t move in with Derrick and Derrick won’t move into this house because he likes his place of course.

I heard the door and Anthony got up. It was Ryan and he had Alice with him. “Hey!” I called out and hugged Alice as he came bouncing over. Such a cute girl. She was blonde like me wore glasses, just as much as a nerdy gamer as the rest of us. She also wore a retainer. Most of us think her little fight with it is cute. She sat at the kitchen table followed by Ryan. He had gotten a new haircut and seemingly dies his hair jet black again. He often did the dance shows with Ryan. Fun hobby is you ask me.

“So what’s the news on Derrick?” Ryan asked and I spoke up.

“He called; Anthony forgives him and is going back to his place tomorrow.”

Alice frowned. “Are you and idiot he got violent this time. And that bruise looks awful.”

Anthony shrugged. “It was a mistake he didn’t mean to. It was the alcohol he gets like that when he drinks; normally he is good at not drinking so much and not getting like that. Mistakes happen. Besides this is the first time he has ever hit me. And hopefully the last because I don’t plan to hit back.”
Ryan slammed his hand on the table and me and Alice jumped. “Imma fucking kill him if he touches you again.”

I sighed and spoke again. “You and me both Ryan but let’s hope that won’t happen.” I could tell Ryan was still on edge but Anthony didn’t seem to have a care in the world still. Sometimes Anthony scared me.

Having known him since middle school I know he can be very violent and destructive giving the chance. Something he got from this mothers side of the family. He was raised by his mother because he didn’t want to move out of state with his father and he learned from her his destructive ways. That side of his family isn’t the most proud being stuck in the up most gang activity and other things in the city but around middle school his mom wanted better for him so she sent him out of the city for school and that’s when we met. Around college his aunt moved out and he took her place, his dad paid the bills for him until he could himself with my help and after graduation here we are.

We stayed chit chatting played a few games till the Pizza came. Chowed down and Ryan left with Alice. I slept in Anthony’s room again since he hated me taking the couch. That’s just how he was so he was on the couch. He didn’t put anything in what was my room so it was just bare and empty. However when I woke up in the morning he was gone. He had gone back to Derrick. I wasn’t surprised. I just hopped he’d be alright.

Copyright © 2013 RiyanW; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Loving the story so far. I hope derrick gets what's coming to him. Can't wait for an update.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..