Jump to content
    SilvryArdor
  • Author
  • 1,131 Words
  • 201 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Earth and The Snake - 1. Chapter 1

Elton,
'The garden and museum was always cared for.'

Weary eyes blink in confusion, with a tilt of his head...he realized this is the first time he stumbled upon this place since he has been back and forth from his favourite bakery, its odd that the open museum have no people yet feel so alive. Brown eyes circled with cerulean blue looked around curiously, trying to gain more information on the place he had stumbled upon,

’Athenian in structure..?’ He looked up, and realized there is a matching roof but the middle part have been flawlessly replaced with glass to allow the lights in, lights that fall upon a statue of a being with wings. No, this is the statue of a god, or unless this is a very pagan version of an angel that people are into nowadays.

The entire thing looked like a temple in Athens, but modified, the paintings are put up against a wall lined with dark velvet, between each painting a space was allowed, heading to the outdoor garden of roses surrounding the place. He could even hear a water fountain,
’Did he imagined it or was there always those climbing vines on the wall?’ The entire place looked like a blend of ancient, nature and modernity. He dared say that because the glass covering the paintings on the walls.

’Is this a free museum? There is no person, nothing at all, simply an open gate and a very clean place.’ The air felt as if its just at the right temperature, a bit on the chilly side but still warm as it hits his bare face. As Elton walked over to each painting, he realized the place could possibly be an exhibition of Creation myth, but perhaps a mixture of…he could not put his fingers on it.

Without thinking, his feet carried and stopped by a painting, a being wearing a veil with golden wings wield a scepter wrapped with white snake. Behind the winged being was simply darkness, but below him were a few more beings, perhaps similar to him but lower in status as they were kneeling.

’Is this being a king? The atmosphere is very romantic.’ What does the artist meant? Even being one, he could barely get any information on who the painter or what their intention is.

He blinked, and flinched, he swore for a moment the veil on the painting moved and the being had gently turn to looked at him.

”Haa…fuck.” He laughed and push his hair back, a jaded smile form on his lips, “Maybe I have gone insane as they said I am.” Something inside his heart wished it was as easy as that, even knowing another wise.

’I better go,’ Elton mused, ‘Least they are not done yet but…the funny thing is, it seems that I have stumbled upon a temple for the god of love.’

As his gazed rested on the statue, he recalled the conversation he had some time ago, before he made his decision,

”I would plant a garden of herbs and flowers, vegetables by the seasons, pumpkin in the autumn, berries in winter….I would enjoy dusk as the sun settles down, skies painted of purple and orange and winter night with the fireplace burning, music playing in the background and fresh scent of fire baked bread with vanilla it would be better than this…”

He had said that, but the soil around his cabin remained unturned, there was no vegetables nor flowers for him to enjoy. There was no dusk nor dawn his heart could enjoyed. No autumn or winter, no spring either as the winter solstice and goddess of darkness return with her consort. He is empty, aching and tired. Tired of people.

He had remembered the answer he had said, sincerely from his heart as it was spat out, “I am tired of people Charles,” What went unspoken was heard, ‘You, I am tired of your shit.’ “People and their behaviour.”

That was, what? Thrice his luck on love ran out so he was simply tired of trying. Even if the second one ended well in a way, his lover had passed away and he was by their side. He was satisfied, it was a good love but his third one. Third was the charm? He could smell bullshit from a mile away before they were serious, even if his time is wasted. So he decided he might as well focus on himself and his family, and by that he meant to be away from them and not give one more fuck, and definitely, definitely to stab the next person they sent to him.

Before he knew it, he was in front of the statue. Weary eyes blinked as he gazed upon what should be an interpretation for the god of love. He didn`t notice this before but, the artist is insanely talented at their crafts, the paintings, for every colours and brush strokes tells a vivid story, invoking emotion while their sculpture feel so alive. The sunlight stream through the roof, the statue of the winged god bending down with his wings spread out. The light shone through the thin marble wings, the feathers glowed as if they had stolen light from the sun its self.

Inside his heart, he confessed to the statue of the god in front of him, ‘I am exhausted of this life…’ and somewhere in that confession, a quiet plea existed as well.
His mind blank, he didn`t know what he wishes for anymore. With a snap in his mind like a broken cord, he flinched as his lips fell upon the statue`s own.

1..2...3....

He gasped. Coming back to reality.

Elton blink a few times, in dazed before his body leaned to the front, clutching his stomach as laughter echos, “Ahahaha! I truly am mad.”

He turned away, closing his eyes as he went. His cheeks heated, he was crazy but even that act was a new kind of crazy for him.

but his mind wondered what insanity had possessed him to do that?

Elton felt ashamed, and he could feel heat rose to his face as embarrassment and disgust possessed him. Again he flinched quietly as he swore he felt a thousand eyes on him despite there was no one there, all he could do was quicken his feet as he shakes his head and quickly went away, planning to stop by the quaint Vietnamese cafe he had always loved.

’Maybe I should get a Bhan Mi? Their caramelized coconut pork belly ones with pickles are always the best.’ He hummed anxiously, distracting himself from the nerves he still felt as he was so compelled to turn and make sure the eyes he felt upon him earlier was nothing.

Copyright © 2022 SilverArdour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..