Jump to content
    S.L. Lewis
  • Author
  • 3,382 Words
  • 297 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Me, Prompt Me - 4. Week 4 - 9/1 to 9/7

Time for the Warnings: Dates to be wary of: 9/2 – Butter (Murder, Cheating), 9/3 – Sex (speaks of m/m sex but due to it still being about sex, warning), 9/7 – Kill (Killing, some purple prose about blood, not so sane characters)

9/1/2019

Prompt: Holiday

“Happy fucking Halloween,” she grumbled, dropping the bowl of candy onto the table with a growl. She stalked into the living room, finding her brother watching some cutesy Halloween show, looking amused. “Goddess above, these kids are watching some seriously odd things,” she said.

“Oh?” Brian asked, looking away from the TV to look at Brinda with a smile. “And why is that?” he asked.

 

“I saw no less than five Sakura’s from Naruto, three Deku’s from My Hero Academia, and at least five Naruto’s from Naruto. It’s like these kids only know the new anime. I swear if I see Dragon Ball Z characters walk up next, I’m going to force you to answer the door for the rest of the night,” she warned him.

Brian chuckled and shook his head. “Calm down, brat,” he said. “I saw quite a few Spiderpeople running around. Some SpiderGwens especially,” he continued. “They were cute.”

“I bet,” Brinda sighed, flopping back and adjusting her dress. She had gone for a rather stereotypical Morticia Addams outfit while Brian wore a male version of Wednesday Addams outfit. Alex, who was in the kitchen making candy and caramel apples for the party that they would be throwing in just under thirty minutes was wearing a rather simple pair of doe-skin pants with a shirt with puffy sleeves.

They hadn’t had the chance to go buy new costumes, so had to make-due with whatever they had in house. Alex with clothes that he wore when he went to see his grandfather, and the siblings in older costumes that they still fit in.

“What about Transformers? I hear that it’s making a come-back again,” she asked.

“Some very well-made Bumblebees, a few store-bought Optimus, and two Arcees. First gen, not the movies,” he replied, checking the time. “I’ll get the trick or treaters for the next while, okay?” he asked. “You have to go mix the drinks and make sure that everyone has a designated driver.”

Brinda checked the time on her phone before groaning. “Yeah, you’re right,” she sighed, pushing herself up. “Happy fucking Halloween,” she grumbled as she headed into the kitchen to make punch bowls for the party.

9/2/2019

Prompt: Butter

Making sure the small pot was warm, she cut a chunk of the butter off the stick and let it drop, watching as it sizzled before adding another chunk. Taking her small wooden spoon, she stirred the chunks around while her friend cheerfully hummed, stirring the popcorn as it popped in a pan. “Movie nights are great ideas,” her friend chirped.

“I like it,” she replied, smiling over her shoulder before returning to her butter melting. Adding a bit more, she wrapped the stick of butter up again and stuck it into her refrigerator. Returning to the butter, she continued to stir it around until it was fully melted.

She smiled at her friend and pulled out a special spice mix that she had made for the other woman before pulling the pan off the stove. Once she was sure that the butter had cooled just enough and her friend had separated out the popcorn bowls, she poured the hot butter over the popcorn, adding the mix onto her friend’s popcorn. She just added a touch of salt to her own popcorn.

Settling in, they started to watch the movie. Halfway through, she ignored the way the popcorn bowl of her friend thumped to the ground and her friend made desperate little gasping sounds. She continued to eat her popcorn as the movie ended, the other woman still gasping, telling her that she had measured just right for a very slow death.

“You know. We’ve been friends since we were in diapers. When we discovered what boys were and how much fun they were, we promised not to cheat on our friendship by sleeping with the other’s boyfriend, or ex. And later when I came out as bi, you promised not to sleep with any girlfriend that I had,” she mused, picking up the last bits of popcorn and eating them as she watched her friend. “Imagine my surprise to find you texting with my boyfriend.”

Her friend’s eyes widened as she reached out and picked up her phone, opening it with little trouble before pulling up the text conversation.

She whistled. “Racy. Promising to wear the little black bra and panties for him the next time I was cramming for a mid-term or finals to take away his frustration. Promising to suck his brains out. How rude of you to break our promises to each other,” she sighed. She left the messages for the moment. “You see, I never once thought you would be that type of girl. If you had been interested in him, I would have let you go after him. Instead, you didn’t tell me, and I went after him. And you broke your promise to me,” she drawled.

The girl shuddered at the blank, cold smile that was sent to her. “Wha…”

“What did I poison you with? Oh, just a little bit of that and a little bit of this. See, my mother was an apprentice to a very special kind of person. There are only two in any part of the world after all. No more than ten at a time. Five masters and five apprentices. She couldn’t take me on as an apprentice,” she said, putting her bowl down to the side. “I don’t like killing just to kill after all. But she did teach me everything she knows. Including how to kill without being detected.” She smiled.

The other woman felt her move, her eyesight to blurry to tell what she was doing, slim hands sliding under her armpits and shifting her to lie down. It was a well-known move between them. She was then covered in a blanket and her friend patted her head.

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to kill my boyfriend. I have him trained just the way I want him to be. He wouldn’t have been answering your texts after tonight anyways,” she hummed. “He’s such a good boy.” Her friend gasped twice more before falling silent. She smiled and moved to clean up the evidence before she called the police in the morning. Her boyfriend was waiting in the bedroom after all.

9/3/2019

Prompt: Sex

“Okay. Tell me. Is he asking you to let him fuck you? Or are you trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and he just wants to talk about the future and what you want out of it?” Tristian asked, looking at Lee, getting a moan from the younger male. He had come home to find his friend lying on his couch, his one-eyed cat happily loafing on the man’s chest and purring away.

The first words out of his mouth had been that the other man had wanted to talk about their sex lives. But he had pushed it off and run, freaking out about sex. Before he had started to date his current partner, he had only ever dated women, appreciating men from afar but wanting them just the same.

Lee groaned. “I don’t know which way he was talking about it,” he admitted, fingers scratching at a spot on the cat and getting a louder purr. “I’ve played. What bi male doesn’t play to figure out what he wants. But seriously, I don’t know what the fuck I’m going to do,” he said, thumping his head against the couches arm.

Tristian rolled his eyes and held up his phone. “Well, he texted me to ask why you would run away from him trying to talk about what you want out of the relationship. You just did get out of a fucked up long term one after all,” he drawled.

Lee moved the cat from his chest down onto the floor, getting a yawn and stretch before she strutted off. “I actually don’t even know what to say about it,” he said. “I really don’t know what I want. Right now, I’m having fun, yes, but seriously? I’m just not sure what I want.” He rubbed a hand over his hair, mussing the neat strands.

Tristian hummed. “So, tell him that then. Tell him right now you’re enjoying being with him, but you don’t know what you want or need for the future. He’s a pretty easy-going guy. And if he starts to press for something you’re not comfortable with, break it off,” he told him. He shook his head at the hum as Lee swung his legs off the couch. “And charge your damn phone. Would ya? It goes straight to voicemail.”

Lee cursed and checked his phone, finding it in ‘do not disturb’ mode, turning it back up. He sighed at the text messages that he had gotten and rubbed at his face. He sent one back asking for a bit of time to get his thoughts straightened out before they talked. “Well, I told him that I needed time to think things out. Maybe he’ll be fine with me dealing with things and all that.”

Tristian huffed. “I have no doubt that he will be. Now, are you going to help me make dinner or are you going to sit there twiddling your thumbs? You put enough money in the food jar that I could afford to actually get some good shit,” he drawled.

Lee smiled at him and pushed off the couch, meandering over. “Yeah, I suppose I can. What are we havin’ tonight?” he asked.

“Hamburgers,” was the reply as Tristian held up a bag of fresh buns from the bakery down the street. “Got the good stuff.”

Lee’s smile grew. “Lovely.”

9/4/2019

Prompt: Happy

“I’m so happy,” he sang, hugging his cat close and getting a complaint from her. “Just so damn happy.” David smiled as his teacher rolled his eyes, watching the younger male twirl around.

“You’re also very hyper,” Rye drawled, shaking his head in some humor. “Stop being so hyper.”

David stuck his tongue out before smiling and flopping down next to the long-haired man. “I can’t help it. They’re coming home, and I can finally tell off the pushy asshole off.”

Rye hummed, flipping the book in his lap open, deciding to allow his student to have his happy moment. When his own lovers had arrived in his life, he had been very happy himself, especially when they had to separate from each other for their own jobs.

David smiled as he pressed his nose into the soft fur of Maria. She had been a gift from the other man when he had graduated from high school and they had quickly bonded. “Are they going to come home soon?” he asked, lifting his head. Rye sent him a curious look. “Your lovers.”

“Ah, right. Yes, they will. Soon I hope,” he hummed, returning to his books and crossing his legs. “How long before your twins arrive?” he asked.

David hummed and checked the time. “In about four hours or so. Why?” he asked.

“Have you cleaned your room?” Rye asked, David nodding. “Changed the sheets and the such?” he continued.

“Last night,” David replied. “Did laundry and reorganized our bathroom and the such.” He shifted, Maria sprawling out on her back over his arm. “Why?”

“I figured that if you had time, you would like to go stock up the refrigerator to make sure you didn’t have to leave the house for a few days,” was the drawled response. Rye placed his book to the side and stood up with a smirk. David made a considering sound but pushed himself up and off the couch, padding after him with a smile.

David ran to the room that he shared with his lovers and grabbed his shoes, shoving his wallet into a back pocket along with his phone. He met Rye at the door, the older male locking up behind them before unlocking his car doors, allowing his smaller student to climb in first. It took them close to an hour to gather everything that they could think of to stock up on and pay before leaving with their supplies.

David shooed Rye out of the kitchen to put things away, the other man rolling his eyes and going to his own room to clean it up. His own partners would be home soon enough, and it was always a better idea for him to clean up early instead of late. When the twins arrived, Rye smiled and made sure that he was hidden away, leaving the three to reconnect after two weeks apart.

He woke up only long enough to greet his own lovers, who had arrived much sooner than he had thought before falling back into sleep.

9/5/2019

Prompt: Press

Ryland groaned as he dropped onto the bed in his bed and breakfast, thankful that there was one in a gated community. Maria sighed and shook her head, going for her own room. “I hate press conferences,” he groaned, rubbing at his face.

“Of course you do,” Maria called out. “They always ask about your love life, or lack thereof, and want to know what you’re working on now.” She walked back to stand in the doorway. Smiled. “You just hate having to deal with the asinine questions that you get every damn time you do this.”

Ryland groaned and pushed himself up. “Yes, I do. Who I’m dating is none of their business. Did they ask who Stephen King was fucking when he was starting out? No. Because they respected his privacy. Do they ask other authors who they’re fucking? No. But me? They always ask,” he grumbled, standing up. “I’m going to unpack, wash off the stench of press, and then head into the main city to pick up a few things.”

“I got food delivered,” Maria said, raising an eyebrow. Ryland wrinkled his nose and shook it.

“You most likely ordered meat burgers without thinking that I can’t eat cow, to,” he drawled.

Maria blushed, knowing that she had forgotten that her brother had discovered some allergies through his years away from family. While he was working on his college degree, meat was usually too expensive for him, and he didn’t like fast food. He had found out that he had had less stomach issues since he had cut out hamburger, sticking to mostly ‘white’ meats and the only occasional buffalo or deer if he wanted a hamburger.

“Right. The closest place to get the better meat is about twenty minutes away,” she said, shaking her head. “Change and put on sunglasses. I have a simple car rented so that you can go out without the press hounding you.”

“Thanks,” Ryland sighed, pushing up and off his bed, heading out with the keys, his cards, and the address. He hoped that the press would leave him alone for a few days before he had to worry about the meet and greet before the reunion.

9/6/2019

Prompt: Evil/Nuts/Pipe

The demon snarled, getting a bored look from the woman with a coke can in her hands. She simply raised one silver colored eyebrow before tossing an almond at it, making it jerk and blink in surprise. “Dude. Did you just come to bug a night shift manager on her smoking break at a gas station?” she asked.

The demon growled and started to crawl out a bit more from the portal. She sighed, dropped the half-smoked cigarette to the ground and absently squashed it, putting her can aside. Digging around in one pocket, she pulled out another pack of cigarettes, this pack with a cross on the front. Tapping one out, she took a sniff of it, making sure that the items within was still fresh and ready for what she was about to do.

Nodding, she tapped out a long cigarette, the sweetness of roses wafting from it. Sticking the filter into a corner of her mouth, she watched as the demon continued to try to crawl out of the hole that it had opened it. She shoved the pack back into her back pocket, tossing another nut at the demon again.

This time the demon jerked back as the almond scored a direct hit it’s eye, grunting in pain.

The momentary distraction allowed her to pull out a lighter and light the cigarette, holding the first puff in, wiggling it back and forth. Finally getting it just right, she carefully aimed it towards the demon’s open mouth. Flicking the cigarette into the open mouth, she smirked as it automatically closed it’s mouth.

It took only a moment before the creature started to cry out in pain, spitting out the filter of the cigarette before it retreated into the portal. It closed behind it with a snap and she popped an almond into her mouth, chewing with a snort.

Picking up her soda can, she headed to the backdoor and pulled it open, letting it fall shut. “I swear that these demons get stupider every year,” she complained. Brian looked up from where he was setting up the new system and shook his head with a smile.

“No. We humans are getting smarter in how we deal with them. There are some dangerous beings out there after all,” he drawled. “Tell me, how did you deal with it?”

“Almonds, and a holy smoker.”

Brian paused and gave her a look. “You used a pipe on him?” he yelped, getting a smirk. “Oh! Good lord. Those damn things are such a pain.”

9/7/2019

Prompt: Kill

He liked it when they died by his hands. Their pretty life spilling out around whatever he had slid into their skin.

Once it had been a pair of trimming scissors shoved deep into her throat. The spray had made such a pretty abstract painting that he had gone home to replicate it with paint. It was still sitting in his own art room, sharing the space with three other pieces from the times that others had died by his hands.

Frowning to himself as the news called him a ‘serial killer’, he huffed as he flopped back in his recliner. “I am not a killer. I do not ‘kill’ them. I simply help them to die and leave their miserable lives,” he snorted, crossing his legs. His sister rolled her eyes and continued to embroider whatever it was she had decided to do.

“Right. Because shoving a knife into a woman’s gut is a nice way of helping them to leave this Earth,” she drawled.

“Better than a slow death by poison,” he returned. He smiled as he remembered when his father finally died; their mother had gotten tired of his idiocy and need to sleep with anything on two legs, regardless of age, race or gender. Luckily for all, he was just mostly an absent father.

Didn’t mean that they hadn’t enjoyed watching him take poison pill after poison pill trying to get it up for his little concubines.

“Is the list almost done?” his sister asked, flipping a page in her book.

“Just about. I have about eight more. I’m sure if they dug a little deeper, they’d learn that the ones I’m after right now had our father in connection,” he drawled. He rested his chin on a fist and stared at the computer. “The last one provided him with her underage sister. It really is too bad that one of the rules is that if our target is underage at the time of their indiscretion, we are unable to touch them.”

His sister looked at him from the corner of one eye. “We all made the same vow and the magic holds us to it, brother mine. I really do not want to see Aran or Kilen pop up because we broke those vows. You know they will too.” She settled back into her corner of the couch and curled her legs up next to her hips. “Just keep to the list and start making them look like suicide.”

“But that’s Aran’s deal,” he whined before huffing. “Fine. I’ll call and get some suggestions from him about how to do it,” he said. His sister rolled her eyes and turned back to her book.

Yes, I have updated the rating, and added some new tags where I needed to due to the darker nature of some of my drabbles. I am a horror writer (when I’m not experimenting in some odd things and writing erotica and romance) so some of these will get darker as it goes along.
Copyright © 2019 S.L. Lewis; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..