Jump to content
    Solus Magus
  • Author
  • 683 Words
  • 870 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Resident Evil: Fallen Paradise - Prologue. Prologue

NEW YORK TIMES, October 1, 2002.

Grieving of a Nation.

Raccoon City Nuclear Power Plant experienced a massive meltdown on the morning of September 30th. The explosion completely destroyed the entire city and is now ground zero. Citizens around the area are now being evacuated for safety precautions due to possible radiation poisoning from the reactor. Multiple efforts from all around Mid-Western America are being dispatched to put out fires from the explosion. As of the moment, there is no accurate death toll for this massive tragedy.

The United Nations is now gathering its expansive resources to send help for survivors of this incident. Different intelligence agencies all around the globe are now gathering towards the explosion site to gather more information about this incident.

“This is a major disaster that should never be experienced in any other city of our great country. And we send our deepest condolences to the families of those whom we lost in this great tragedy. We will exert all our efforts to get to the bottom of this.”

Meanwhile, the President of Umbrella Corporation, that is a major investor on Raccoon City itself had not yet released a statement. Their stocks have taken a huge blow within a day due to this incident. It’s causing a minor panic among investors all around the world because Umbrella Pharmaceuticals are one of the leading companies of today.

-

NEW YORK TIMES, October 5, 2002.

Proven Hoax.

The alleged leaked video from Raccoon City is now a proven hoax as stated by Umbrella Corporation Spokesperson, Gabriel Gutierrez. This video was uploaded on the internet and was rumored to be nothing but a ruse. According to some sources, the video was taken by a Raccoon City local news reporter, Terri Morales. As of now, she is nowhere to be found and presumed dead due to the recent events. The video had shown a lot of gunfire, gore and violence that is not suitable for young audience. It is to be advised that parents should be vigilant as to what their children are watching.

The video is now taken down and the FBI is still tracking the responsible individuals who uploaded the hoax. However, they have not yet released a statement regarding this. As per advise, the video should not be taken as real and to report any leads that could pinpoint the perpetrators.

“This is not a time for a joke at the expense of others. The whole nation is mourning and the last thing we need is a hoax that directs away from the truth. There are no undead that are walking around and there are no threatening monsters that will come and get you. This is nothing but an effort to start a nation-wide panic. And as such, we will not fall to such pretenses.”

-

NEW YORK TIMES, October 8, 2002.

Death Toll Uprising.

The death toll has now been estimated to be at least 100,000. Our era of today has not seen something as terrible as this. Cities all around the world are anxious as to how the meltdown occurred. However, no definite answers have not been given by the experts.

Applause should also be given to the thousands of volunteers out there who are spending their time to send help to those affected outside the blast zone. Multiple medical campsites have now been established for those who are injured. Multiple efforts are still being dispatched to look for people needing help from affected areas. Search parties are still being dispatched despite the event happening a week ago.

There are still several towns around the blast zone that were affected by the shockwaves of the blast. Thousands of families are displaced because of this incident and shelters are now being established as well.

“We will rise from this. We always have. And we will come out stronger.”

There are also reports that this was an act of terrorism. The US President has now been alerted but no statement has yet been given. Please be advised to report any malicious activities that is seen right away.

Copyright © 2020 Solus Magus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..