Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Night To Forget - 1. Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

Graydon~

Darkness. What am I doing here? Who am I? My eyes opened to the bright, burning light. I raised my arm up to my face, while my eyes adjusted to the light. Where am I? I sat up and pulled my legs over the side of my bed. I stood up and closed the open blinds. I never keep those things open, the light is always bad in the mornings. I then laid back down on the bed, staring up at the glossy black ceiling. I sat there until my alarm went off. When I looked at it, it read 5:30 A.M.

I got up and went into the bathroom. I turned the shower on full blast and waited while the water heated up. I pulled my shirt off first then my pants and underwear. Just before I stepped into the shower I noticed a sparkle in the mirror over the sink. I looked and around my neck was a necklace. It hung down right below the hollow of my neck, from the silver chain hung a pair of angel wings. Made of silver and onyx. I carefully took the necklace off and placed it on the countertop next to the sink. I stepped into the water and quickly moved to turn the heat up. The water was soon heated up full heat. I could feel the heated water on my skin but I still felt cold. I ignored the cold feeling and let the hot water wash over me.

After I got out and put my clothes back on I went to my desk to pick up my cell phone. It wasn’t mine but I showed that little icon meaning new texts. That little annoying icon. How I hated it! I checked it just to get rid of it. 22 new texts?! All from people I don’t even know. Except for one. From my brother.

“Love you, Gray. Try to not forget. Not about any of it” Well that’s not ominous in any way. Note the sarcasm. Why not check the rest of them while I’m at it.

All of them were like that. But one from a sender named Viral was a lot longer than the rest. It talked about how he shouldn’t forget what they had and to not let them get rid of it all. It was very deep and touching. Wow, this Viral sounded like a poet. He could be pretty good. But what was he talking about confused me. They were all labeled to me. And sure enough on the back of the phone in small print was my name. That was a little neat freak thing I picked up from my brother. He liked to label everything. If it was his he put his name on it. Except for his clothing. Don’t ask me why he does it but he does so I tend to not ask.

I got dressed and went out of my room. I could hear Valader snoring lightly in the next room. He was my legal guardian because my parents moved to another country and I really didn’t want to go with them. I snuck out of the house and outside onto the porch. It was Saturday and that meant no school. I sat out side watching the sun come up and watching the trees sway back and forth. I loved to do this. I could just sit out here for the whole day and do nothing. But as I sat there someone pulled up in a car. They got out and ran up to the door. Not even looking at me. But before they opened the door leading inside they turned to me.

“Have you seen a Graydon Feyer?” The girl’s bright purple hair bouncing as she jumped up and down.

“Yes…. I am he.” Wow, didn’t that sound all professional.

The girl descended upon me and hugged me repetitively. She didn’t seem to want to let go. I have no idea why this girl was hug attacking me. But she was and it lead to some mega awkwardness.

“Ummmm…… I have no idea who you are.” I stated slowly. She simply laughed.

“Good joke, Gray. Not like you don’t know your own best friend. Even though this is your first day back since you left last year.” She chuckled. I stared.

“Dakota?” She nodded. But she wasn’t Dakota. Dakota was shorter and had light brown hair.

“Yeppers.” She nodded so fast I thought that the girl was going to hurt herself. But that response. The only person I had ever heard use that around me was Dakota. Just then Valader opened the door and smiled.

“Of course…. I should have known that all the racket would be because of you, Dakota.” She looked up at my brother and let go of me. She looked embarrassed. Now that was the Dakota I knew. I just didn’t know how being gone for a week could result in the sudden transformation. And also why did she have a car? She hasn’t even gotten her permit. Gods, how I was confused. And my head started to hurt. I put my hands on either side of my head, on my temples, and massaged. Hoping to ease the pain. But nothing seemed to help sooth the pain. I got up and stumbled. Dakota and Valader both reached out to catch me. I fell and an unbearable pain took over my mind. Images started to flash across my mind. A man. Some blood and some black liquid being mixed together. Black wings. Wolves. A something that looked like a giant lizards face. They all flashed across so fast that I barely even saw them. There were many other things in those images that I didn’t even catch. But the last image I saw was bright red eyes. They were beautiful and evoked a sense of love within me. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Valader and Dakota sitting across the room in chairs waiting. When they saw that I was awake they rushed over and helped me up. I was in my bed. They must have carried me into my room and placed me in my bed.

Dakota’s bright purple hair kept falling in front of her eyes and she had to keep pushing it away. Valader’s hair was just long enough to cover the his eyes but not long enough to pass his chin, just barely. They were watching me with such concentration that I thought that they were going to explode. The thought made me giggle. They jumped back as an uncontrollable bought of laughter escaped my lips. They watched me as I doubled over as a feeling of pain, like a shot, spread across my body. I laid back down quickly and most of the pain subsided.

“What happened?” I asked through clenched teeth. I could still feel the pain and it wasn’t pretty. They looked at me in concern.

Valader was the first to answer my question. “Hey, Gray. You blacked out for a while there. We,” He looked to Dakota, and then back to me, “Were worried about you.” He smiled a small smile and I knew that I was going to get lectured later. Nothing bad, he would just ask me to tell him everything I felt when I blacked out, and he would take notes. Val was a doctor and a scientist. The dude was brilliant and was successful. He was a scientist working on government projects. Top-secret, hush-hush kind of stuff. But he never told me exactly what he did but he told me it would change the world. He just wasn’t sure if it would change for the better. I always asked what he meant but he always avoided answering that one. Val was my role model, he was smart, successful, rich, and gorgeous. In a non-incesty way. But he had many dates now a days. Men and women. Good for him, he was bisexual and he still got a lot of people to sleep with him. I was gay and had no luck with dating. Val blames it on my anti-social skills, but I think it’s because I’m such a boring person around others. I don’t tend to show others how I truly feel which has led to some pretty complex situations. But back to Valader. He had long blond hair that looked like spun gold. It sparkled in the light and was like a beacon in the sun. Drawing suitors from as far away as the eye could see. My hair on the other hand was a dull shade of gold-blond. I always thought that it reminded me f those walls that looked like a faded version of a mustard color. Everyone always told me that we looked the same. From the hair, I mean really he has much better hair than me, to our grayish-silver eyes.

Now those gray eyes were watching me, not only with brotherly concern but with the intensity of a scientist watching his experiment. That was a bad example but it fit exactly with what he was doing.

Dakota on the other hand was watching with what seemed like fear. When I looked to her, she blinked a couple times before she spoke. “You just blacked out. Out of nowhere. I thought that something really bad was happening. But your brother said that you would be okay. I suggested that we moved you to your room. So that when you woke up that you wouldn’t be all pissy.” She cracked a smile and chuckled. I chuckled with her until a burst of pain stopped me from laughing. She was instantly at my side. Her hair falling in front of her face onto my own face. She was looking at me with a sudden fierceness that reminded me of a animal stalking her prey. She said so much like a whisper. “We need to talk. You are going to explain what happened to me.” She hissed it at me. I was confused. What was she talking about? Why was she so angry? She continued. “Don’t tell your brother that I saw what happened. He thinks I didn’t. And I don’t blame him for wanting to keep that a secret.” She whispered the last part like she was apologizing to me for something. She smiled and got off of him. She smiled again at Valader. She said goodbye and told me to get better because she was taking me out tomorrow to go shopping. I smiled and nodded. Val on the other hand seemed anxious. His lips taut. What was going on?! I wanted to know so bad that it was all I could think of when Val left to order some pizza. Dakota’s words echoed in my mind. What was she talking about?! Her brown eyes had watched me in anger and somewhat confusion. So many emotions had her eyes shown me today. My head started to hurt so I laid back down and closed my eyes. Soon sleep pulled me into a dream.

“Are you sure we should do this?” The red eyed man asked me. His voice nervous and excited at the same time.

I smiled. “Yes. We should. If they don’t want to tell use the results of our tests then we just have to find them out ourselves. Don’t be such a wimp.”

He frowned at me. “I am not a wimp.” He stated. His red eyes focused on my face.

“Then prove it.” I gestured to the door in front of me. It was open only the slightest bit. Ensuring our entering.

He spun his head away from me and pushed the door open slowly. “Hurry.” I told him. He put his finger to my lip. Telling me to quiet. I shut up and crept in after him. The lights were turned off and we couldn’t see where we were. I pulled out my flashlight that we had packed for this. I turned it on and handed it to the red eyed man.

“Thanks, Gray.” He walked silently to one of the desks. Most likely my brother’s he was in charge of this whole thing. On the top of all the files was a black folder. On the top in small silver letters were the words: Project Forgotten. The name of Val’s newest experiment. We snatched it and ran back to our dorm room. We sat on my bed and opened the folder. All the papers near the front were of the others. Unimportant right now. But we kept note of all their results just so we could tell them.

After about 13 files and profiles we got to my brother’s. I was surprised. I didn’t think that he was part of the project. He was in charge of it as well. Must be the blood. If I had it he probably had it too. I didn’t think that I had to take note on that one so I turned to the next page. There was my photo and my profile. I looked to the bottom hoping to find my result.

“GRAYDON! WAKE UP! GRAYDON!” A voice that sounded much like my brother’s yelled across my dream.

I snapped up in my bed ignoring the pain it brought me. Valader was standing right next to me. He held a glass of water and some pills in his hand. He gave me both and told me to take them they would make me feel better. I swallowed them easy enough and Valader came in with a box of pizza. Pepperoni of course and we sat and watched TV. We laughed and listened to everything from series to the news to music videos. When I stopped it was on one of those Sci-fi like channels. The movie was about a sect of angels fighting another sect of darker angels. Val sided with the angels of light while I totally favored the dark angels. They wanted what was best for their people and they wanted to give people the desire to have fun before they died. Val said that the other angels only wanted to protect the humans from the darker angels more dangerous ideas. But I saw that the dark angels didn’t realize that their games were destructive they only wanted to have fun, to love and also to be with others. They were the real heroes in the movie because they made people more fun. They were cooler. They also reminded me of something. Something that seemed like a dream. The credits rolled but my eyes blacked over. More images passed in front of my eyes. The wings unfurling. Looking into a mirror and seeing that I looked like a darker version of myself. That must had been a dream. My mind has been way to over productive today. When I snapped back to reality Val was still talking to me about his opinion of the movie. He said the plot line was awesome but the special effects sucked, badly. I agreed with him on that. The angels looked totally fake. Like people with glued on wings. Real angels looked more cool and they weren’t that humanlike. They had ink markings that traveled across their skin spelling out words that only angels could read. Their eyes looked like dark abysses that could almost suck the soul into them for eternity. The darker angels anyway. Wait. Why did I know so much about angels. I had no idea about what they looked like and I knew that I would never. I wasn’t that religious but I truly felt like that they existed. Darn sickness for making me feel crazy. Me and Val watched more movies and ate all of the pizza. By the time that we had finished one of the movie I realized why Val had been commentating on the movie with me. He was asleep. Pretty much on top of me. Talk about awkward. I felt like sleeping myself. There was no way 6that I could get out of my shopping date with Dakota tomorrow. Unless I was pretty much dieing in the mall. Or puking all over her. Either of the two. If I puked on someone else, then bad for them but I knew that there was no humanly way I could get out of it. I mind as well get some sleep and be prepared. I let the dreams wash over me for the second time today. They were different this time.

Copyright © 2011 Song Of The Dark; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..