Jump to content
    Superpride
  • Author
  • 5,091 Words
  • 383 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Drive - 1. Chapter One

Exiting the auto-repair shop, Vic sighed as he slung his suit coat over his shoulder and pulled out his phone. His car had to break down in a smokey wreck in the middle of the highway and right before he could attend his third job interview of today. He should have heeded the growing wheezing of his car’s engine as a warning of the inevitable.

More than an hour after a tow truck came and dragged the hunk of metal to the shop, Vic was given the cost of replacing the engine. Looking at the multiple zeroes on the cash register, he immediately contacted his car-insurance agency. Unfortunately, his insurance did not cover engine failures. So, with the hesitant pull of his debit card from his wallet, he handed it to the mechanic who swiped the piece of plastic in the reader.

Luckily, Vic had just enough savings in his checking account to save the day. However, he knew the remainder of his money had to be in the double digits now. The mechanic had no idea what Vic was currently facing after handing him his now-defunct card. That money needed to go to paying the bills, but that car was special; it was a classic, belonging to his father.

That vehicle, despite showing its age, was one of the few mementos that Vic still had of his father’s memory. Telling the mechanic just to throw the car into a scrapyard would have been like tossing a family photo album into a fiery pit.

Vic sighed as he looked at the text messages he sent to Veronica that she has not responded to yet. He needed a ride home since the engine replacement was going to take until tomorrow to be completed.

Scratching his head in frustration, Vic then heard a car horn blaring near his location. He smiled, but the relief he felt quickly dropped like a stone when he saw a literal racecar driving onto the auto-repair shop’s parking lot and stopping right in front of him.

The window of the car rolled down and revealed his sister, Evelyn, sitting on the driver’s seat and smiling.

“Hey, Vic. I got your message,” Evelyn said.

“What the—?”

“Oh, yeah. Veronica was busy, so she told me to pick you up instead,” Evelyn answered nonchalantly.

“Okay. That answers my first question. Now here’s my second: why are you driving mom’s racecar?”

“Relax, bro. It’s the evening now and not many cars are out on the road. What’s the problem?”

Grunting, Vic said, “Because you’re only thirteen years old. That’s the problem.”

“But you’re the one who taught me how to drive.”

“Yeah but only for emergencies, and I doubt that you could have used that excuse if a cop pulled you over,” Vic explained.

“Oh, come on. I stayed five miles above the speed limit and didn’t drive pass any red stoplights. I’m the model driver. Now are you going to get in this car, or should I just drive off.”

Vic just rolled his eyes and got onto the passenger’s seat of the racecar. Evelyn then pressed her foot on the gas pedal, and they were off the parking lot, back on the road.

“So…how was those job interviews?” Evelyn asked, her eyes still on the road.

“I flopped the first two interviews, and before I could make it to the last one, the car broke down. It sucks. I could’ve aced that interview.”

“It was a fry-cooking job, right? Anyone with only a high-school diploma could’ve gotten it.” Evelyn quickly faced her brother and then said, “Sorry.”

Vic chuckled. “It’s okay. At least you’ll get yours in six years, five if you try hard.”

Evelyn pushed Vic by his shoulder. “Ha-ha, very funny. I’m adapting to high-school life fine, just to let you know. Might get straight A’s again.”

“Great. I hope you like toothpaste because that’s all you’re getting.”

“I was seven when I got my first and only cavity. Stop bringing it up.”

Vic just chuckled again and rested his body against his seat.

Rolling the window down, Vic enjoyed the fast wind blowing passed his face. The feel of the wind felt like relief washing all over his body, his current anxiety gone, albeit temporarily. Only if his problems could just blow away like the wind blowing back his hair, maybe then he can think about what tomorrow would be like without fearing for the future as well.

Ten minutes passed until they drove onto the driveway of their small, one-story house. The garage door opened, and Evelyn smoothly parked the car inside.

Vic was happy just to be back home as he opened the door that led into the kitchen where his former girlfriend was. The smell of burnt steak invaded his nose, and he took the defense by pinching his nostrils.

“Hey, Vic! How did the job hunt go today?” Veronica asked happily as she shoved a metal spatula under the burning piece of meat.

“It went as expected. I highly doubt I’ll get a call back.” Sniffing the acrid smell, Vic then asked, “What are you cooking?”

“Your favorite, of course. Steak,” Veronica said, scraping the steak off the pan onto a plate of wilted lettuce.

“Oh, uh, thanks.”

Evelyn, who was standing next to Vic, gave him a look of sympathy before walking out of the kitchen and towards her bedroom.

Vic internally sighed as he walked to the nearby dining table that seated four people and sat down. Veronica, almost skipping, placed the failed experiment on the table as well as a glass of iced tea. She then sat down across from him and with her chin propped on her hands, anticipating his reaction.

“I know it’s a little burnt, but hopefully most of it is still good.”

Cutting into his steak that was shriveled on the outside but still pink on the inside, he placed a small forkful into his mouth. He held back a gag and quickly chewed the steak. He gave Veronica a forced smile as he silently struggled with swallowing.

Veronica seemed satisfied, standing up from her seat and walking to the sink where a pile of dishes was at. “I hope you don’t mind me coming here unannounced.”

“No, I don’t mind,” Vic said, washing down the remnants of what he just consumed with the iced tea which thankfully wasn’t burnt either knowing Veronica’s terribly cooking skills.

“I mean, I know we’re not a couple anymore, but it’s good that we can still be friends. Right?”

“Yeah, it’s always great to have you around,” Vic said sincerely.

Veronica turned her head and gave Vic a smile before returning her attention to washing the dishes.

Looking at the steak, Vic wished he had a dog for which he could feed this to. Then again, he didn’t believe in animal abuse.

A buzzing in his pocket diverted Vic’s attention, and he pulled out his phone to see his best friend’s name on the screen.

Swiping his thumb across the screen, Vic said, “Hey, Fernando! What’s up?”

“Hey, Vic! I’m glad you answered. I have a lot to talk about, actually.”

“Really? Well lay it on me,” Vic said, standing up from his seat and thankful to be given an excuse to not eat what was considered dinner.

“Dude, I think I found the best way to invest my remaining inheritance,” Fernando said with excitement.

“Well don’t leave me hanging.”

Chuckling, Fernando then said, “I just bet ten-thousand dollars on this street race that just happened yesterday and—”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. You did what?” Vic said as he walked into the living room.

“I know it sounds crazy but let me finish.”

Vic sighed and allowed Fernando to continue.

“So, I bet on this street race, right? I mean I know it’s very impulsive to bet thousands of dollars, knowing it could disappear if I lose the bet and well—”

“Can you get to the point, please?”

“Alright, alright. Vic…I won the bet!”

“What?” Vic said, scratching his head.

“I said I won the bet, and now I tripled the amount of money I first had. Isn’t that amazing!”

“Fernando—”

“Okay, I know what you’re going to say. ‘Fernando, dude, you can’t just waste all your money on gambling and bets, son. You need to learn how to spend and save your money wisely, bro.’”

“Okay, first of all, I don’t talk like that. And second, what would’ve happened if you lost that bet, Fernando? Wasn’t that ten-thousand dollars the last of your inheritance?”

“It was. Now it’s thirty thousand. And I knew which car would be the winner. So, don’t think I simply bet all of my money on mere chance.”

“And how exactly did you know?” Vic said, somewhat curious.

“I can show you if you’ll let me come to your house tomorrow.”

“Fine but only because I like your company.”

“Great. Your jaw is going to drop when I show you my secret.”

“I doubt that.” Vic chuckled. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow then. What time?”

“During the morning, around eight. You’ll be free, right?”

“Nothing’s changed.”

“Great. Bye, Vic.”

Ending the call, Vic shook his head but couldn’t stop himself from smiling as well. Fernando was very impulsive, always has been. Ever since they were in high school, Fernando would do such daring feats such as taunting a bully of his to get into a fight he knew he would lose or taking a man in his late twenties to senior prom knowing he would not be let in. He even had his father’s car spray painted yellow and drove it to school despite only having a driver’s permit.

It was clear that Fernando liked to break the rules as well, and he always managed to drag Vic into them in some form or fashion. Regardless of his antics, Vic enjoyed those times during high school when they would meet at the theaters to watch an R-rated movie without their parents knowing. Or skipping classes and hanging out at the park where they would play on the swing set, swinging as high as possible before jumping off. Vic still had the small scars on his knees as proof of those great times.

Fernando was a great friend but not everybody approved of their friendship.

“Was that Fernando again?” Veronica asked as she dried her hands with a kitchen towel.

“Yup, who else?” Vic said, smirking.

“Ugh. Why do you hang out with him? He’s such a bad influence.”

“Who are you now? My mother?” Vic said as he sat back down at the dining table.

“I may as well be. Who else is going to tell you that Fernando is always getting himself into trouble and possibly breaking the law?”

“Is that your father, the policeman, talking?”

Veronica crossed her arms and stared stoically at Vic.

Sighing, Vic then said, “Don’t worry about me, Veronica—?”

“How can I not worry?” Veronica interrupted. “You’re like a single father who can’t get a steady job and is in danger of losing the house.”

Vic opened his mouth to retort his former girlfriend’s statement when he felt the presence of another person at the entrance of the kitchen.

“We’re going to lose the house?”

Looking at Evelyn’s worried face, Vic quickly stood up from his seat and said, “No, of course not. We’re just speaking in hyperbolics.”

“…Oh. Okay. Well, I just came here to get some iced tea is all.”

Evelyn opened the refrigerator door and poured herself a glass of cold iced tea from a pitcher, all the while Vic was looking at Veronica with furrowed eyebrows as she simply looked away. Evelyn soon exited the kitchen and went back to her bedroom.

Scratching his head, Vic said, “Can we not discuss this now.”

“Well, when will we? This problem isn’t going to go away, and ignoring it will only make it worse,” Veronica said with clutched hands.

“I know. I just need to think is all. Can I at least have that?”

Veronica was silent at first but then she nodded. “Alright. You need some time to clear your head. When that’s done, let me know, so we can find a solution to this problem.”

“You don’t have to help me out.”

“You’re right. I don’t have to. But I want to.” Veronica walked to Vic and placed a hand on his shoulder. “And if the worst-case scenario happens, just know that I have some savings in the bank that I’m very willing to loan to you.”

Vic smiled and hugged his friend. “I’m not even going to argue with you. Thank you, V.”

“You’re welcome.” The embrace lasted for a few moments, then Veronica stepped back and cleared her throat. “Well, I should be heading back to my place now. I have a tall stack of papers to grade. Have a nice rest of your day, Vic.”

“And you as well.”

Veronica placed her hand on Vic’s bicep before leaving the house through the front door. Vic looked at the burnt excuse of a steak and sighed. At least she’s trying to help, he thought.

Vic decided to walk back into the garage where his mother’s racecar, a vehicle that won her dozens of races and championships, was parked, safe and sound. Getting inside the car, he sat on the driver’s seat and placed his hands on the steering wheel. He then rested his head against the headrest and looked at the object hanging from the rearview mirror. Placed there was a gold locket that once belonged to his beloved mother, a treasure that she wore every day that she said was the lucky charm that allowed her to win every single race.

Vic’s father gave her that locket, and besides the car was the only remaining memory of his existence before he died in a car crash caused by a drunk driver on the highway. That night changed Vic’s whole life, and his mother’s as well. Unable to cope with her husband’s passing, she soon took her own life. She left behind her son and an eight-year-old daughter who he raised not just as his sister but as his child as well.

Reaching for the locket, he held the cool metal between his finger and gently opened it to reveal a small, out-of-focused picture of his father, mother, and himself as a baby behind a piece of glass.

With his breathing becoming heavy, Vic took a deep breath and closed the locket. He then remained in the car for at least an hour it seemed, appreciating the silence and believing he was connecting with his mother right then by being inside her prized racecar. Many people offered him so much money for this vehicle, enough to get Vic out of debt and then some. But just like the locket, he could not part with it.

Vic must have drifted to sleep because when he was awakened by a ringing noise, he checked the time on his phone and realized it was the morning. The ringing continued, and he also realized that it was the doorbell, being rung by Fernando, nonetheless.

Vic must have been more tired than he thought; he did have to wake up at seven to get ready for his first job interview yesterday.

Rubbing his sore neck, Vic knew this was probably the worst place to fall asleep. However, he needed to get up and out of car as the ringing continued and time waited for nobody. And it was also said that time is money, which Vic had none of either. This was just Vic’s luck.

Instead of trekking to the front door, Vic decided to open the garage door. Walking outside, he turned to see his best friend, Fernando, striding towards him through the patchy front yard that had seen better days.

“Hey, Vic!” Fernando said cheerfully. “How’s your morning so far?”

“Eh,” Vic said. “I had better. How are you? Looks like you slept well.”

“Oh, I couldn’t sleep at all. Not after winning twenty-thousand dollars last night, of course!”

“I still can’t believe you bet the rest of your inheritance on a street race. How in the world were you able to know that you were going to win and not waste all that money?” Vic asked, truly curious.

“With that.” Fernando pointed towards the street where an expensive-looking sportscar was parked.

Vic’s jaw was slack. “Fernando…man…you didn’t just—”

“Before you ask any questions, let me show you exactly what I’m talking about.” Fernando motioned his hand, and Vic followed his impulsive friend to the sportscar.

Standing at the curb, Vic studied the vehicle that looked fresh from a dealership. Everything from the slick curves to the solid colors of red and white made the car look both vintage and an optimistic vision of the future. Also, Vic knew a car was luxury when the car doors opened from the other side, which he witnessed as Fernando got into the driver’s seat. The interior was also very immaculate, and Vic wondered how the hell his friend was able to purchase a car of this magnitude that must’ve cost at least a million dollars.

“Fernando…you didn’t steal this car, did you?” Vic asked seriously.

Laughing, Fernando rubbed the steering wheel and said, “No, of course not, Vic. This is my car. Well, technically it was my Dad’s before it was passed to me.”

“But I never saw this car before, let alone see you drive it,” Vic noted.

“My friend, that’s because of this secret. Now stand back.”

Vic raised an eyebrow, but he did as he was instructed and had the whole car in his view. He then heard the soft purr of the vehicle silent itself, and an extraordinary event occurred right front of him. His friend Fernando looked around the street before completely turning off the ignition. The image of the car shook, the curves became pixelated, and the red-and-white color faded. Both the pixilation and once-rich pigments retreated into the interior of the car that became nothing more than an average, dull gray sedan.

Vic’s jaw almost became unhinged as Fernando got out of the vehicle with a big smirk on his dimpled face.

“What…What…What the hell just happened?” Vic exclaimed.

Chuckling, Fernando twirled a key around his finger and said, “This is the key.”

“Yes, it’s a key. I can see that.”

“No, no. I also mean it’s the reason how I was able to transform my dad’s boring sedan into a luxury sportscar. Let me demonstrate on your racecar.”

Fernando strode towards the garage, and Vic said, “Wait, man.”

Before Vic could stop him, Fernando got inside the racecar and inserted the key into the ignition. The racecar, in a manner of seconds, transformed into a version of the sportscar he once saw on the street.

With bulging eyes, Vic said, “Fernando…”

“Don’t worry, Vic. It’s reversible. You saw it yourself. Come on, sit in the car with me and be a witness to this awesomeness.”

Sighing, Vic sat at the front passenger’s seat. He then marveled at the interior of the vehicle that also morphed to that of a luxury sportscar while still maintaining features that made the car distinguishable as a racecar. Even the seat felt different, more comfortable like it was manufactured with expensive leather.

“This is so cool, am I right?” Fernando spoke.

“It is… Now, do you mind explaining to me how you were able to transform my mom’s racecar into a completely different one?” Vic asked with his arms crossed.

“Like I said, it’s the key. My ma gave it to me last week after she found it in the safe that my dad secretly kept. Apparently, the safe didn’t contain anything else, and I thought it was just some random key. Then one day I grabbed this key by accident when I was late for my morning class, used it on my dad’s old car, and you know the rest.”

“Okay, that explains how you got it. But how does a simple key completely reconstruct a car’s appearance while also reverting it back to its original form?”

“I really don’t know. It might have to do with my dad once being a five-star general of the US Army. With all that power, he must’ve been working with some military project that involved the invention of this key.”

“You sure your dad didn’t just invent it himself?”

Fernando chuckled. “My dad may have been a highly decorated general, but he was definitely not tech savvy. No way he could’ve created something of this magnitude without some help.”

“So, the real questions should be who helped create this key and how did it end up in your dad’s possession?” Vic suggested.

Fernando nodded as he rubbed his chin. “My dad had secrets, always had. When I was just a kid, my dad would always yell at me whenever I tried to read the files he kept in his private office. I’d then cry, and my ma would comfort me and say that my dad was just a private man. I just needed to respect that. Apparently, my ma was also kept in the dark, and she was his wife who he married in the Philippines before moving her across the world to his home state of New York.”

“I can see why. I mean, I’m not trying to defend him, but this key is indeed something that shouldn’t be bragged about to the masses… Who else knows about this?”

“No one. Just you and I. My ma just thinks it’s a useless key, and the guy who drove my car and won the race last night didn’t even know himself,” Fernando explained.

“And why did you tell me this possibly confidential information?”

“…Because you’re my best friend.” Fernando looked up and smiled.

“Well…whatever that thing really is, we should both keep this just between us.”

“Right,” Fernando agreed.

“We can’t wave this piece of possible alien technology in front of anyone,” Vic asserted.

“I got it, Vic. No one else will know about it.”

“Woah! Whose car is this?”

Vic and Fernando looked at each other with wide eyes before turning their heads to see Evelyn in the garage. With a backpack slung on her shoulder, Vic’s sister was ready for another day of school.

Quickly getting out of the car, Vic smiled and said, “Hey, Ev. Ready for school?”

“Yeah… Where did this car come from?”

“It’s mine!” Fernando quickly said as he stepped out of the car.

“Oh, hey, Fernando. This is your car?”

“Yup. Got it with the rest of my inheritance money. Do you like it?”

“I do… Hey, Vic, where’s Mom’s racecar?”

“Uh…” Vic stared at Fernando, hoping he’d have a convincing lie.

“It’s at the repair shop,” Fernando blurted out. “I convinced Vic to take it there since a car like that needs a tune-up even when it’s not in use. Right, man?”

Vic nodded. “Yup.”

“And don’t worry. I’m paying for it. Should be back at your place before return from school.”

“Oh, thank you, Fernando!” Evelyn said.

Vic felt relieved to know that his little sister didn’t have to know about this secret, then his relief vanished when Fernando said, “Hey, do you want to ride this car to school?”

“Dude,” Vic said.

“Don’t worry, I’ll drive. What do you say, Evelyn?”

“I’d love to!” Evelyn said, quickly getting into the front passenger’s seat. “Beats riding the school bus.”

“You want to join us, Vic?” Fernando said as he adjusted the rear-view mirror.

Vic sighed and nodded, knowing it was best for him to monitor his friend’s driving since this was still his mother’s car, upgraded with alien tech or not.

Pressing the gas pedal, Fernando slowly drove out of the garage and after Vic manually shut the garage door, he sat at the backseat and let his friend since high school handle the car.

Thankfully, Fernando drove the car with care, not performing any crazy stunts despite Evelyn wanting him to perform a fast drift when turning a corner. Despite that, Evelyn was enjoying the ride, and Vic smiled as she and his friend bantered about things happening in both their lives.

Ten minutes later, Fernando drove the car in front of Evelyn’s high school. Many of the teenagers walking by swiveled their heads upon seeing the car, including her friends who approached the vehicle with wide eyes and open mouths.

“Woah, Evelyn! Is this your car?” one of her friends asked.

“No but I wish. This is Fernando’s,” Evelyn said.

Fernando waved his hand as Evelyn got out of the car. She said goodbye to him and Vic before walking away with her friends, all of them looking back at the vehicle like it was some kind of alien spaceship.

“Where to next?” Fernando asked.

“Home,” Vic answered as he moved to the front passenger’s seat.

“Oh, come on, man. I thought we’d go to my ma’s place and have breakfast there. It’ll be worth it.”

Vic was still overwhelmed with the idea that his friend possessed a highly advanced, possibly dangerous piece of technology and it was in the ignition of his mother’s racecar. However, his stomach rumbled, and he knew the only thing he had eaten was a small bite of Veronica’s burnt steak.

With the offer being too enticing, Vic nodded. “But you better not park this car on your mom’s driveway.”

“Oh, you’re right. I’ll make sure to park it a block away,” Fernando said as he unparked the car and drove away from the school.

Five minutes passed, and the duo entered the neighborhood of Fernando’s mother. He parked the car about a block away, and they walked the rest of the way to the house that Fernando grew up in. Being back at this place was nostalgic for Vic since he visited every week to hang out with his best friend and enjoy his mother’s amazing cooking ever since his high-school days.

At the front door, Fernando pulled out another key and unlocked it. He called out to his mother, and a dog started barking. A black Labrador then appeared, scurrying across the glossy, light wooden floor.

“Cujo!” Fernando said as the dog pounced on him before licking him excessively.

Vic smiled and patted the large dog on the head, and the furry creature then slobbered his tongue on Vic in return.

“Nando, is that you?” a voice called out.

“Yes, ma. It’s me!”

A head poked into view, and Fernando’s mother came scurrying towards them in her slippers almost in the same manner as the dog. She spoke in Tagalog as she pulled Cujo away from them. She then hugged her son as the dog rested one paw on her backside.

“Great to see you again, sweetheart!” she said before kissing her son on the forehead. She then looked at Vic and cheered. “And you too, guwapo!”

Vic hugged her as well. “Great to see you again too, Mrs. Henderson.”

“Ma, I came with Vic for breakfast if that’s okay,” Fernando said.

“Of course it’s okay! Come inside. Tchinelas are over there.” Mrs. Henderson pointed to the slippers close by.

Vic and Fernando soon took off their shoes for the slippers before they followed Mrs. Henderson to the kitchen as Cujo walked right behind. The kitchen greeted Vic with the aroma freshly cooked food, and his stomach rumbled again, demanding to be filled with food that was actually appetizing.

“Ah, is that sinigang?” Vic asked.

“It is! Just prepared it. Sit down, sit down. I’ll give you two the food.”

Both of them sat down at the kitchen island, and Mrs. Henderson was quick to place two bowls filled with steamy white rice in front of them and a separate large bowl containing the pork, vegetables, and broth of the sinigang.

After a quick prayer from Fernando, Vic was offered to dig in first. Just like before, Vic used the large spoon to pour the light brown broth onto his rice until it was almost swimming in it and then the various vegetables like the green beans and sliced radish along with the very tender pork. He didn’t wait for it to cool down first before taking a spoonful into his mouth.

“Good?” Mrs. Henderson asked.

Vic nodded and raised a thumb in approval. Her smile widened and she patted her son on the head before walking to the counter where a half-chopped cucumber was at, supposedly for another meal. Fernando hummed in approval himself as he ate his food as Cujo sat close by, hoping to get some scraps of pork.

As they ate, a phone started ringing and Mrs. Henderson walked out of the kitchen to answer it.

“Already going in for seconds, I see,” Fernando said, looking at Vic’s almost clean bowl.

“How can I not? You know I love your mom’s cooking. And it’s amped up even more considering what Veronica prepared for me yesterday.”

“She’s still cooking for you? Isn’t she like, your ex-girlfriend?” Fernando noted before sipping a spoonful of broth.

“She is. However, we’re still friends, and she worries about me.”

“Eh, I don’t believe it. I think cooking for you is her sly way of trying to get back together with you,” Fernando assumed.

“Well, if that’s her plan, then it’s failing miserably since she can barely make toast without burning it half the time.”

“She keeps doing it because you’re never honest with her, whether it’s with her cooking or your feelings towards her. Took you forever to finally break up with her, knowing from her teacher co-workers that she wanted you to propose to her.”

“Uh, don’t remind me, okay? I’m still living through that guilt.”

Fernando just chuckled as he returned his attention to his food.

“Sweetheart, can you come here?” Mrs. Henderson called out.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s the bank. Come here now.”

Fernando looked at Vic with worried eyes before scooting back his seat and walking out of the kitchen. Cujo was still sitting there, waiting for food with his head cocked to the side that made him extra adorable. So, Vic quickly tossed a piece of pork to him, which he happily gobbled up. He served as a good distraction since Vic didn’t want to think about what his friend was telling the bank and his mother right then. All he knew was it could not be good.

Copyright © 2020 Superpride; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..