Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 2,642 Words
  • 1,196 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to CD Projekt Red, Micheal Pondsmith and/or R. Talsorian Games. <br>
This is a transformative work based on the setting and characters of the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG franchise and the video game Cyberpunk 2077. These elements belong to R. Talsorian Games and CD Projekt Red. The setting was invented by Mike Pondsmith.

When the Party's Over - 1. When the Party's Over

Contains mentions of het sex.

March, 2006

‘You guys goin’ to Cole’s birthday party on Saturday?’ Henry’s still plucking the strings of his bass while the rest of them pack down.

‘Can’t,’ says Nancy. ‘Got a date.’

Denny makes a face. ‘This that college guy you were talkin’ about?’

‘Yes. And what is up with that face?’ Nancy folds her arms over her chest. ‘I’m a big girl, I know what I’m doing.’

Denny shrugs. ‘Well, okay. Just sayin’, you don’t have the best track record when it comes to your outputs.’

Nancy just rolls her eyes and flips her off.

‘What about you, Kerry?’ says Henry, ignoring the girls. ‘You comin’ to the party?’

Kerry’s in the process of putting his guitar away, and he fidgets with the lock on his case. ‘I dunno . . .’ Big house parties were never really his thing. Kerry can be outgoing when he wants to, and he enjoys drinking and hanging out with people he likes, but it’s easier to keep track of the conversation in smaller groups—less grating on the nerves when he doesn’t have to filter out all those voices at once.

‘Who is this guy?’ Johnny asks, shutting his gig bag.

‘Classmate,’ says Henry. ‘It’s his eighteenth birthday, and his family left him alone in a big-ass house to celebrate, so he’s invited, like, all the juniors and seniors at school. Bet he wouldn’t mind if you tagged along.’

‘Oh, I’m definitely going!’ says Johnny.

‘Maybe I’ll go,’ says Kerry. ‘I mean, if Johnny’s going. Better if he knows a couple of people there.’

‘I’m good at making friends,’ says Johnny with a shrug and a grin. ‘So don’t force yourself on my account.’

‘No, I wanna go,’ says Kerry with a strained smile. ‘Totally. It’ll be fun!’

#

Taking a gloomy sip of his beer—which is cheap and tepid and not even close to his drink of choice—Kerry thinks he should have foreseen this. Johnny disappeared in the crowd after about ten minutes and Henry’s busy trying to chat up Denny (who’s still not having it), and so Kerry’s ended up in the kitchen, where the atmosphere is marginally more chill, just like he always does at parties, chatting with some people he barely knows and sipping shitty beer.

He’s surprised when some girl comes up to him out of nowhere, puts a hand on his arm, and whispers, ‘Quick! Pretend you’re my output!’

Kerry blinks in bemusement, looking down at the hand on his arm. Who is this girl? ‘What? Why?’

‘I need to get this guy off my back and my boyfriend’s not here tonight.’

‘Oh.’ Kerry decides to just roll with it and nods. ‘Well, okay.’

‘Thank you!’ The strange girl takes his hand, lacing their fingers together, and kisses him on the cheek.

‘Where’d you get off to?’ someone slurs, and Kerry turns to see one of his classmates stumble in their direction. ‘Hey, baby, we were just gettin’ to the good part!’

‘I told you,’ she says, ‘I’ve got a boyfriend!’ She wraps her other hand around Kerry’s bicep.

‘What, this guy?’

‘Yeah,’ says Kerry, squaring his shoulders. ‘She’s mine. Back off!’

‘Shit, sorry, dude.’ Kerry’s pretty sure the guy doesn’t even recognise him. ‘Didn’t know I was movin’ in on your turf.’

As the guy walks away again, Kerry turns to the girl. ‘This happen to you a lot?’

She sighs. ‘More often than you know. Thanks for saving me. I’m Lisa.’

‘Lisa. I’m Kerry. Nice to meet you.’ Kerry smiles. She’s cute, to the extent he finds girls cute. He’s yet to meet one that captures his attention more than just in passing. This one has brown hair that fades into bubblegum pink at the ends, moonlight pale skin, and a very short dress. And, apparently, a boyfriend.

‘Yeah, you too. Hey, if this isn’t too forward . . . think you could keep being my pretend boyfriend? You seem nice, and I really don’t wanna end up in bed with some gonk if I get too drunk . . . James’ll kill me.’ She laughs.

It’s an odd request, but Kerry is nothing if not accommodating. ‘Sure. Of course.’

‘Thank you! You’re a junior, right?’ she continues. ‘I’ve seen you before.’

‘Yeah,’ Kerry says. ‘You?’

‘Senior.’

‘Oh, cool. You know Nance, then?’

‘Oh, yeah, are you friends?’

Kerry grins. ‘We play in a band together. Started a few months ago. Actually had a couple gigs already.’

‘Wow, that’s awesome! What’s the band called?’

‘Samurai,’ says a familiar voice; Johnny saunters into the kitchen. ‘We’re called Samurai. Hey, I’m Johnny.’

‘Lisa,’ says Lisa, her eyes suddenly wide as she takes him in. A slight flush blooms in her cheeks—not that Kerry blames her. ‘You, uh . . . you’re in the band too?’

‘Yeah,’ says Kerry quickly. ‘He plays guitar. I do too. And sing.’

‘I sometimes sing too,’ says Johnny, folding his arms over his chest and looking her over with a mischievous smirk. ‘That’s a real pretty dress you’re wearin’.’

Kerry expects Lisa to smile and thank him and tell him she has a boyfriend, but instead she giggles coquettishly, the blush setting deeper in her cheeks, and bats her eyes at him. ‘You’re so sweet,’ she says.

‘Hey, would you give me a minute with Johnny?’ Kerry asks her, pulling Johnny behind the counter island next to the sink. ‘You shouldn’t flirt with her,’ he tells Johnny in a hushed tone.

‘Oh, am I movin’ in on your input? Sorry, dude, I didn’t realise.’

‘No. No, she’s not my input. But I’m pretending she is, ’cause she has a boyfriend but he’s not here tonight. You know, to keep the guys off her.’

‘She really didn’t seem like she minded,’ says Johnny nonchalantly.

Kerry sighs and scratches his forehead. ‘Whatever, man. Do what you want. I’m just letting you know.’

‘Thanks, Ker. ’Preciate it.’ Johnny pats Kerry on the shoulder and approaches Lisa again. ‘So, Lisa, was it? You play any instruments?’

‘I played piano when I was a kid but I suck at practising.’ She laughs, then traces a finger lightly up the metal of his cyberarm. ‘Nice chrome. D’you go to our school? Feel like I’d recognise you.’

‘No. I’m focusing on my music,’ says Johnny. ‘Y’know . . . followin’ my heart.’ He gives her his most charming smile and Kerry rolls his eyes. This is gonna be a long night.

#

The party’s starting to wind down as people head home, and it’s time to divvy up the bed spaces for those who remain. Cole, the birthday boy, wanders amid the remaining guests to ask who wants to stay over. ‘Lisa, you goin’ home tonight?’

‘I prolly shouldn’t,’ she says with a giggle. ‘I’m a lil’ drunk . . . my mom won’t be happy with me.’

‘Well, my sister’s bedroom upstairs is free, but you’ll have to find someone to share with if everyone’s gonna fit. You stayin’ over too, Kerry?’

‘Yeah, I can share with Lisa,’ says Kerry quickly, putting his arm around her shoulders. ‘If . . . if that’s okay with you, Lisa.’

‘Oh. Yeah, that’s fine.’ She smiles and leans into him. ‘Thanks for taking care of me, Kerry!’

Cole’s talking to Johnny, who waves a hand dismissively and tells him he can just crash on the floor or wherever’s left once everyone else is in bed. Neither the hungry look he gives Lisa nor the furtive way she glances at him goes unnoticed by Kerry.

So it goes without saying that when Kerry and Lisa go upstairs to Cole’s sister’s bedroom, Johnny follows like the stray cat he is. And of course he ends up sharing the bed, which is thankfully a queen size. And of course it turns out Lisa doesn’t mind cheating on her output if it’s with someone as hot as Johnny, and so Kerry lies on his side, facing away from them, while Lisa and Johnny dock. He wonders if it’d be weird if he jerked off, because the sound of Johnny’s low pants as he approaches his climax is definitely doing things to him, but he decides against doing something about it. Would be awkward, and his arousal makes him feel like some kind of peeping Tom, even though the two of them chose to fuck right next to him.

When it’s over, he waits for a little bit, until Johnny and Lisa have settled down, before he says over his shoulder, ‘Want a smoke, Johnny?’

‘You were awake!?’ Lisa squeaks, and Kerry laughs in spite of himself.

‘Kinda hard to sleep through that, to be honest.’ He sits up and grabs his jeans off the floor, grateful that he chose a loose pair today. ‘So, smoke?’

‘Yeah, sure,’ says Johnny.

‘I don’t smoke,’ Lisa mumbles, hiding her face under the covers, so all they see is brown and bubblegum pink hair splayed out on the pillow.

Kerry pulls on his jeans, trying—and only slightly failing—not to look while Johnny disposes of the condom and pulls on his pants, remaining shirtless. They leave Lisa in the bed and head downstairs. A few people are still up. They take in Johnny’s messy hair and bare chest and give them both pointed looks.

‘Shit,’ says Kerry as realisation dawns on him, ‘they think we had sex!’

Johnny shrugs. ‘So let ’em. Who cares?’

They step out onto the back porch. Johnny seems immune to the cold, or maybe he’s just still hot after the physical exertion. Kerry passes him a cigarette and lights it for him, the flame illuminating Johnny’s face for a moment. He’s looking straight into Kerry’s eyes. Kerry turns away, hiding his blush, because Johnny smells of sex and that causes something to tighten in the pit of Kerry’s stomach.

‘So,’ he says, lighting his own cigarette and taking a deep drag, ‘how was it?’

Johnny shrugs. ‘It was okay. Y’know, pretty girl, warm cunt . . .’ Kerry coughs, inhaling more smoke than he meant to, and Johnny pats him on the back. ‘You okay, choomba?’

Kerry clears his throat. ‘Uh, yeah. Yeah, I’m good.’

Johnny studies his face for a long moment. ‘Hey . . . if you were tryna get with her, I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to cock-block.’

‘You didn’t,’ says Kerry, looking away again. ‘I’m not interested in her.’ I’m interested in you.

‘Well, okay . . . If you’re sure.’

‘I’m gay,’ says Kerry, ’cause he’s been thinking it for a while and he may as well say it now. Johnny won’t judge.

Johnny snorts and blows out a puff of smoke. ‘Nah, I’ve seen you look at girls too. You’re bi.’

Kerry cocks his eyebrow at him. ‘What, you’re gonna dictate my own sexual orientation to me now?’

‘Just callin’ it like I see it,’ says Johnny with a shrug and puts the cigarette to his lips again.

Kerry sighs, looking down at his bare feet. ‘Whatever.’ He gives Johnny a side-long glance. ‘Are you bi?’

Johnny scoffs. ‘What do you think?’

They stand there in silence, smoking their cigarettes down to the filter, and then Johnny grabs Kerry’s wrist, pulling him out of the porch light and pushing him up against the wall of the house. The grey brick feels rough against Kerry’s back, even through his t-shirt. Johnny palms the front of Kerry’s jeans, squeezing his hard-on. ‘Fuckin’ knew it,’ he murmurs. ‘C’mon, lemme help you with this.’ He pulls down Kerry’s pants and takes his cock in his hand. Kerry gasps, closing his eyes.

‘Fuck, Johnny . . .’ he whispers, then moans softly.

‘Shh.’ Johnny places a metal finger on Kerry’s lips and shakes his head.

‘Then kiss me,’ says Kerry. He half expects Johnny to recoil at the idea, like he did the last time they did something like this, but instead, he obliges, pressing his lips to Kerry’s and swallowing every sound while he jerks him off.

After coming all over Johnny’s fist, Kerry reaches for the button in Johnny’s pants, but Johnny steps away, wiping his hand on the hem of Kerry’s t-shirt. ‘No thanks,’ he says, ‘I just came.’ He says it in the tone of someone declining an offer of a bite to eat.

‘Okay.’ Kerry tucks himself away, zipping up his pants. ‘We, uh . . . should prolly get back to bed.’

‘Sure.’ Johnny shrugs. ‘I’ll just go to the bathroom first.’

Kerry returns to the bedroom. Lisa, who was lying between them in the middle of the bed before, has scooted closer to the edge and seems to be fast asleep. Kerry takes off his jeans and his t-shirt, which now has cum on it thanks to Johnny, and sits down on the bed, unsure of whether he should lie in the middle or on the opposite edge to Lisa. Before he has time to debate himself too much, Johnny shows up, taking his pants off and getting into the middle of the bed without a word.

With a sigh, Kerry gets under the covers too, facing away from Johnny, but a few moments later, he feels Johnny snuggle up against his back, slipping his arm around Kerry’s waist and nosing at the nape of his neck. This is how they always end up when they sleep in the same bed. It makes Kerry’s heart swell and ache just a little—Johnny may have fucked Lisa, but he only ever cuddles with Kerry. He listens to Johnny’s steady breathing as he drifts off to sleep.

#

When they wake up the following morning, Lisa is surprisingly chipper. She laughs about the previous night, apologises to Kerry for making it awkward. After coffee in the kitchen with those of the hungover partygoers that are awake and not puking, the three of them leave Cole’s house together. Somehow, Kerry managed to scrape the crust of dried cum off his t-shirt, but he still feels gross. He’s jumping straight in the shower when he gets home.

‘We’ve got a gig comin’ up in a couple weeks,’ says Johnny, lighting a cigarette. ‘At the Rainbow Cadenza, up in Westbrook.’ He glances at her, and Kerry feels a squirm of jealousy at the way Johnny’s gaze travels down her body to her long, bare legs.

‘Sure, sounds like fun! Maybe I’ll bring James.’ She smiles.

‘Oh, your output?’ Kerry asks casually. She can’t be all that into doing Johnny again if she’s bringing her boyfriend to their concert.

But Lisa laughs. ‘Oh, James isn’t really my output. He’s my best friend, he just pretends to be my boyfriend when I don’t want guys to bother me. He’s gay, actually. Shame, ’cause he’s really hot.’ She smiles at Kerry. ‘I’ll introduce you!’ At that moment, her taxi arrives. ‘Anyway, I’ll see you guys later!’ She gives them each a kiss on the cheek before getting into the taxi.

Kerry just stares as the car drives away. She wants to set him up with her gay friend? Does that mean she could tell he’s attracted to Johnny? Can she tell he’s gay?

Johnny laughs and claps him on the shoulder. ‘Should invite ’em backstage after the show. You need to get laid bad, Ker.’

Kerry swallows. ‘I . . . I don’t—’

‘If you’re embarrassed, we could always do ’em both together.’ Johnny lets go of Kerry’s shoulder and starts off in the general direction of the nearest bus stop. ‘Is it already an orgy if it’s with four? Feels a little tame. Is foursome a word?’

After a moment of trying really hard not to think about having sex with someone else and Johnny at the same time, Kerry manages to shake himself and start following. He shouldn’t hope, he really shouldn’t.

But a boy can dream, right?

© 1988-2022 Micheal Pondsmith, R. Talsorian Games, CD Projekt Red; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2021 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Thanks for reading! Did you like it? If you did, leave a like and a comment! If you didn't, leave a comment and tell me why!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to CD Projekt Red, Micheal Pondsmith and/or R. Talsorian Games. <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wasn't expecting to find a Cyberpunk fan fic in the wild today!! I am ecstatic. Kerry doesn't get enough love. Your dialogue is great. The way you portray Kerry's insecurities in tandem with Johnny's loudmouthed confidence made my skin crawl.

Since we mentioned being bi here, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on River. I seriously felt like they had originally planned for him to be bi but decided to scrap it...but anyway,

JORRY 4EVAR!!! 😘

  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Serelec said:

Wasn't expecting to find a Cyberpunk fan fic in the wild today!! I am ecstatic. Kerry doesn't get enough love. Your dialogue is great. The way you portray Kerry's insecurities in tandem with Johnny's loudmouthed confidence made my skin crawl.

Since we mentioned being bi here, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on River. I seriously felt like they had originally planned for him to be bi but decided to scrap it...but anyway,

JORRY 4EVAR!!! 😘

Haha, yeah, I've been hyperfixating on this game and this world for like four months now... As you may or may not have noticed, this fic is part of a series. I'm posting it all on AO3 as well (a little bit ahead there, since there hasn't been much interest here before now, I've just been posting it because I wanted to be more active than I've been lately).

It's weird about River, because since pronoun determines gender and is tied to voice and not body type, and you only have to have femme body type and not voice to romance him, he is technically bisexual? But just picky, I guess? I dunno. Same with Panam. It's weird. And Kerry had a wife and has kids and shit. The only love interest whose sexuality isn't ambiguous is Judy (and of course that's the first one that got modded, go figure).

Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you liked this. Hope you'll check out the other stuff as well. :) 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you liked this. Hope you'll check out the other stuff as well. :) 

Oh gosh a fellow choom. I was fixed on it as well. But the direction they took their romances generally disappointed me so I went and wrote a whole series of my own out of frustration lol. I have so much Cyberpunk merch and zero regrets haha (even got me that chair...) anyways I would be happy to give your other Cyberpunk stories a try! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Serelec said:

Oh gosh a fellow choom. I was fixed on it as well. But the direction they took their romances generally disappointed me so I went and wrote a whole series of my own out of frustration lol. I have so much Cyberpunk merch and zero regrets haha (even got me that chair...) anyways I would be happy to give your other Cyberpunk stories a try! 

Do you have your fic published somewhere? I'd love to read it! :D I don't have a lot of merch, but I did get myself the fancy edition of the World of Cyberpunk 2077 book, with the Silverhand poster and the fake gang tattoos, lol!

I just put up another short here like an hour ago, btw. :)

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..