Jump to content
    Tiger
  • Author
  • 8,012 Words
  • 1,469 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Second Chances - 1. Prologue and Chapter 1


Prologue



With the innocent days of elementary school far behind him, Jesse was a junior in high school. He was the only child of a couple in their late 40’s. Though his family was a loving one, Jesse thought his parents could never accept his deep dark secret. As Jesse Wilhelm was a popular boy, he could get any girl he wanted. He’d been dating Alison McPherson for almost two years. They’d had sex on many occasions, but Jesse always felt like there was something missing.



“Jesse, why didn’t you call last night?” Alison asked. He hadn’t felt like talking to anyone over the weekend. His parents wondered why he’d been locked up in his room all weekend, only coming out a few times to use the bathroom or eat dinner. He even skipped breakfast and lunch. He’d been in his room strung out on methamphetamines. The only reason he even ate dinner was to limit the suspicion of his parents. He spent his time listening to music and writing dark poetry. He’d called Alison Saturday but said he wasn’t feeling well. The lie seemed to suffice until he arrived at Butler High School on a cold Monday morning in November.



“Alison, I told you I wasn’t feeling well,” he lied. He was tweaking out of his mind all weekend since he and Brad Nelson had cooked their dope on Friday night. For a year, the delinquents had spent their weekends being f**ked up beyond recognition. Sure, Jesse managed to hide his secret well. He was still a top student. He managed to balance his schedule with his football season and band performances. While most band members were rather nerdy, Jesse was still one of the popular kids. “I’ll make it up to you baby.”



“That’s what you always say, Jesse,” Alison said flatly. “What’s with you these days? You rarely spend any time with me. I can’t take much more of this. What’s going on with you?”



“Alison, I’m just going through some stuff,” he said. This was his first honest answer. “Things will get better.” He kissed her on the cheek and wrapped his arms around her. Jesse thought there was something missing in their relationship, but he still loved Alison. “I’ll make it up to you. Let’s go out for dinner at the Flaming Lantern tonight. It will be my treat.”



“That would be great,” Alison said with a sparkle in her eyes. “What time will you pick me up?”



“I’ll pick you up at 7,” he replied matter-of-factly. “You’re going to enjoy our dinner tonight.”



Jesse’s school year didn’t turn out so well. Alison decided she’d had enough. On April 21st she told him it was over. Over the next few weeks he begged her for another chance even though deep down he knew she wasn’t right for him. After he and Brad had finished their illicit deeds early on Saturday mornings the two often ended up fooling around while they were high. Jesse kept telling himself that he was just relieving some pressure. Every Saturday he’d cheat on his girlfriend. Though she never discovered her boyfriend’s infidelity, Alison was still unhappy with their relationship. Brad was also developing feelings for his partner in crime.



“Thanks, Brad,” Jesse said. “I needed that.” Jesse had just f**ked Brad Nelson for three hours. He always topped his buddy. He figured that it was their little secret. He was starting to figure out that he actually enjoyed having sex with Brad a lot more than he enjoyed having sex with Alison.



“Dude, maybe next time I can be the top,” Brad suggested. “I’ve always wanted to make love to you.”



“Brad, what the f**k do you think this is?” Jesse snapped. “I have a girlfriend. We’re f**k buddies, Brad. We’re both here, and we’re horny. I’m not a fag. I won’t let you f**k me.” Considering what he’d been doing with his “f**k buddy” Jesse had no right to talk to him like that.



Brad had tears in his eyes. “Dude, she broke up with you a month ago. Besides, you’ve been f**king me for months. You never even told Alison, did you?”



“Yeah, but I am going to try to get her back,” Jesse snapped. “Look Brad, we have a lot of fun together. We make all the dope we want and pad our pockets. I f**k your brains out after every stir. What more do you want from me, bro?”



“Jesse, when are you going to accept who you are?” Brad asked incredulously. “You enjoy it just as much as I do, and you know it. Face it, Jesse. You’re gay.”



Jesse’s eyes widened with anger at Brad’s accusation. Though Jesse knew deep down Brad had told the truth, he wasn’t ready to accept his sexuality, not by a long shot. “Brad, I’m not a f**king faggot. Get it through your thick skull. We’re nothing more than friends with benefits. I’m not sure we should even continue that now. You’re acting all weird about it.”



“Jesse, I don’t understand why you’re saying this,” Brad cried. “I love you, Jesse. I think about you all the time. Why are you being so mean?”



“Brad, you’re such a f**king drama queen. Get it through your head. I’m not a fag like you. I just like to get my f**king rocks off.” Brad went from a few tears to all out sobbing. “Look, I’m sorry, Brad.”



“Just take your f**king cut and get out of here, Jesse,” Brad screamed. “I should have known you’d do this. All I wanted was to be with you. Just go.” Jesse didn’t have to be told twice. He took his dope and left Brad all alone. Little did he know he had just seen Brad alive for the last time. When he got to school Monday morning two weeks before school got out, Principal Johnson called an assembly in the gym.



“Students, I have some bad news for you,” Principal Johnson said. The sadness in his eyes told the students that something bad had happened. Jesse looked at his principal wondering what was going on. He’d felt bad for the incident with Brad. He intended to apologize to his friend. “Saturday night, Brad Nelson was found in his bedroom dead of a drug overdose.” Jesse was stunned. He couldn’t even move. “Apparently, he had a problem with methamphetamines. I’d like to remind you all how serious this is. Drugs can kill people. We know this will be a sad week for many of you. We’ll have extra counselors on staff for students this week, both for those of you who need someone to talk to about your grief and those of you who have a problem with drugs. Brad’s parents have asked that we hold his funeral in this gym on Thursday. We are honoring that request. School will not be in session on Thursday. I hope you all attend. You’re dismissed.”



Jesse was still stunned. He felt so guilty. He finally realized he’d had feelings for Brad. In all likelihood, Brad had overdosed because of what had transpired on that fateful Saturday. The guilt consumed him. Meth wasn’t his only drug of choice. He had decided to overdose on Oxycontin so that he would fall asleep never to awaken again. When he got home after the end of the last day, he got a glass of lemonade from the kitchen and went upstairs to his bedroom. His suicide note was already ready. He opened the drawer to his nightstand and placed the letter on top. He took the deadly pills out of the same drawer and opened the bag. Without changing his mind he took all eight pills into his mouth and rinsed them down with the lemonade. A few minutes later, he started having convulsions. He passed out as the drug’s effects took hold.



Alice Wilhelm walked into to her son’s room and saw him passed out on the floor. She rolled him over, he was barely breathing. Alice was a nurse and she knew her son needed medical attention. She called 911 and a few minutes later the ambulance arrived. The paramedics asked her what had happened. The police showed up as well. Officer John Kinsley arrived a minute after the paramedics. He asked Alice if she’d noticed any changes in her son. She then glanced at his nightstand and noticed a note and an empty bag with white residue. She pointed the letter out to the officer. He decided to keep the suicide note and the empty bag for evidence. He decided to read the note.



********************



Mom and Dad,



 



I’ve done something terrible. I’ve been living a lie. Brad and I had been having a relationship for months even though I was dating Alison. As you read this, you probably think you had a normal son, but you’re wrong. I’ve been lying to both of you.



 



I’m gay and Brad was not just a friend. I did something terrible to him. We had sex every weekend, but I always told him we were just f**k buddies. Apparently, he had feelings for me. That’s why he’s dead. I broke his heart. Now I realize that I had feelings for him as well. I can’t live with what I’ve done to him, so I’m joining him in death.



 



Sincerely,



 



Jesse



********************



As Jesse lay in a hospital bed after having his stomach pumped, the police told Jesse’s parents about the empty bag. Analysis had shown it was Oxycontin. Luckily, Jesse had disposed of the evidence of the methamphetamines or he would have been facing jail time for his actions. As it was, he would probably be in some trouble for the Oxycontin, a schedule II narcotic. Alice and Jack cried as they read their son’s suicide note. They loved their son no matter what his sexual orientation was. They just wanted their son to live.



A week later, Jesse woke up. He didn’t even know what day it was or where he was for that matter. Since the local hospital wasn’t well equipped for his needs, it was decided he would go on a life flight to Kansas City.



When he woke up, his parents were at his side. Everything was a blur. “Son, we’re so glad you’re awake. How are you feeling?” his mom said with a huge smile on her face.



“I feel a bit woozy,” he said quietly. “Where am I?”



“You’re at St. Joseph Hospital in Kansas City, son,” his father said matter-of-factly. “Do you know why you’re here?”



Jesse thought about it for a minute before he said, “I think I tried to commit suicide. I remember taking the pills.” His parents were ambivalent at their son’s statement. They were still saddened that their little boy would try to take his own life. They knew he felt guilty for what had happened to Brad. “I couldn’t live with the guilt. Brad is dead because of me. How do I get past the guilt I feel?”



“Honey…” his mom reassured him, and kissed him on the forehead. “Just focus on getting better. You’ll be okay. You’re so young. We’re really sorry about your friend. Why do you think it’s your fault?”



“I was so mean to him,” Jesse murmured. Tears filled his beautiful blue eyes. “He wanted more than I was willing to give. Well, I feel bad about Alison too. I wasn’t able to give her what she needed. I failed them both.”



His parents didn’t really know what to say. They had only found out a week earlier about their son’s sexuality, but the revelation was secondary to the fact that their son had tried to end his own life.



After Jesse recovered, he had to go to another hospital to treat his depression and drug addiction. After that, his parents informed him that they were moving. Jesse didn’t fight it either. He wanted to be away from Butler High School. By then, some of the students might have known about his sexuality. Knowing that, he thought it might be better to move to the city. The family packed their belongings and moved to their new home.



Meanwhile, less than an hour away in Belton, Missouri, Marcus Tavner was just arriving at Belton High School. He had spent the weekend with his boyfriend, Zach Anderson. Both boys were out to their parents. Neither Zach’s mother, Marie, nor Marcus’ parents Greg and Kendra allowed their sons to sleep in the same bed, but the three were okay with the relationship. Though Zach hadn’t been feeling well, he invited his boyfriend over on Friday night. Zach had been feeling sick for a month now. He was losing weight. He had been weak and feeling pain all over his body. Marcus was worried about his boyfriend. “Lexis, Zach isn’t doing so well. He went to the doctor this morning.”



Lexis Gordon looked at her best friend with a reassuring smile. “He’ll be fine, Mark. You’ll see.”



“I hope you’re right,” Marcus replied to the beautiful blond haired young woman. “He doesn’t look well. I think he’s lost 20 pounds, and he’s never been fat. I’m worried about him.”



Marcus’ school year wasn’t much better. His boyfriend, Zach, was diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukemia. “Marcus, I have something to tell you.” Marcus paused for a moment and looked into his young lover’s brown eyes.



“What is it, babe?” Marcus asked of young Zach.



“I have Leukemia,” Zach cried. “I’m really scared, Marcus. I start chemotherapy next week.” Marcus wrapped his arms around him. Both teens were sobbing. They’d been lovers since 9th grade. They had a strong bond that was now in threat of being broken by forces beyond either’s control.



Zach took the chemotherapy as he said he would. The process made him desperately ill. His beautiful dark brown hair fell out. His skin became pale. He puked all the time. The Marinol helped a little, but he could barely keep his food down. He went to school whenever he could, but he often missed school on Mondays. Spring came and the chemotherapy was over. Dr. Oliver, Zach’s oncologist, ordered a test to see if the chemotherapy had been successful. Unfortunately, it was not to be.



Marie Anderson held her son’s hand as the doctor told them the bad news. Mother and son both cried. The doctor had the difficult task of telling them that he wouldn’t live six months.



Devastated by the news, Zach became withdrawn. He pushed Marcus away, thinking it would be better that way. His mom tried to talk him into spending some of his last days with Marcus, but she wasn’t successful. Marcus showed up at his house from time to time, but Zach simply sent him away. Marcus cried himself to sleep every night. He wanted to spend time with Zach before he died. He realized he really loved him and didn’t know how he would live without him. He soon found out.



June came around, and school ended for the year. A week later, Zach’s condition deteriorated. As he lay in the hospital bed, Zach made a request. “Mom, I need to see Marcus. I miss him, and I want to see him before I die. Can you call him?” Marie gave her son the sweetest smile she could muster.



“I’ll do anything for you, son,” she replied. She stood up and leaned over her son’s bed, gently kissing his forehead. She looked into his eyes, seeing that they had lost their sparkle. His skin was more pale than she’d ever seen it. She didn’t know how she would survive without her beloved son. She had raised the boy alone for 10 years. Ironically, she had lost her husband in a car accident. “Life isn’t fair,” she thought to herself. She picked up the phone, and Zach told her the phone number.



Less than an hour later Marcus came into the hospital room. He decided to bring Lexis with him. She was a close friend to both of them. “It’s good to see you, Marcus. I’m sorry I didn’t let you see me sooner. I figured you wouldn’t want to see me.”



Marcus placed his left hand on Zach’s right hand. “Zach, I love you.” Tears filled his eyes, knowing that his lover and friend was fading away. “I wish we had more time. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. It’s so true what they say about it being better to find love and lose it than to never have found it at all. I want to be here with you until the end.”



He was there every day until Zach’s last moment. Zach could barely stay awake. A crusty film filled the young teen’s mouth long before it should have. His skin was pale and mottled. His breaths were shallow. Marcus held Zach’s hand as he drew his last breath. He was too tired and too sad to cry. Marie had a similar reaction to seeing her youngest son die way too early in his young life.



Three days later the funeral was held. Marcus sobbed uncontrollably as they closed Zach’s casket. He thought he would never find love again, the love of his life having been pulled away from him at least 50 years before it should have been. Marcus barely ate anything for a week. He wanted to die and join his lover in death.



Unlike Jesse, Marcus did not attempt to end his life although he thought about it. He spent most of the summer in his room. His parents made him go to counseling. Todd Marston, Marcus’s counselor, was gay. Marcus’s parents figured out that it would be best. He talked about his feelings. Soon school would be starting. Todd had assured the young teen that he might actually find love again, but for the time being he was far from ready for someone new.



 



********************



Chapter 1: New Friends



The first day of school was less than a week away. Jesse was nervous because he had to start all over again at a new school. He knew it was for the best because some of the students from his old high school probably wouldn’t like him being back at school, despite the fact that the mascot was a bear. Jesse’s mom knocked on his door. He told her to come in. “It’s time to go see your counselor, Jesse.”



This was one thing he really didn’t want to do. He had no choice but to go. His parents insisted that he go. He was still shaken up, having only been out of the mental hospital for two weeks. He let out a sigh and said, “Well, I guess I’ll go.” He really needed therapy since he had been addicted to drugs and had attempted to end his own life.



His parents still wouldn’t let him drive there himself. They still didn’t trust him enough to start driving again. He didn’t like the treatment. His mom insisted on driving him to his appointment. It was only his second counseling session with Todd. After they arrived, he filled out a form that asked him the usual questions for such a form. After completing the form, he turned it into the lady at the window. She smiled and said it would be a little while. He was a little early for the session. When he turned around, he noticed a cute guy sitting in the lobby next to a woman. He was really cute by Jesse’s standards. His hair was a reddish brown, and he had hazel eyes. He couldn’t resist, so he decided to talk to him.



“Hi,” Jesse said to him. “I’m Jesse.” Marcus looked Jesse over for a minute. He didn’t seem too happy to see Jesse for some reason. Jesse wondered what was wrong. “I’m sorry. I guess you don’t want to…”



His mom said, “Son, talk to him. He’s just trying to be nice. Don’t be rude.”



He sighed and rolled his eyes at the woman who had brought him into the world. He reached out his hand, to shake Jesse’s own. “Hi, I’m Marcus.” He didn’t seem enthusiastic.



“Dear, I’m going to give you two a minute to talk. Do you want something to drink?” He nodded and his mom departed.



“I can go if you want,” Jesse said flatly.



“I’m sorry, Jesse. I’m just… I haven’t had a good summer.”



“I haven’t either. I just got out of the hospital two weeks ago. I guess you could say that things got out of hand for a while.” Marcus took a minute to think about what Jesse had just said.



“Yeah, that’s not good,” he replied. “I lost someone back in June. I’ve been coming here once a week ever sense. It’s getting a little easier. Todd, my counselor, thinks I’m making progress.” Marcus’ mom returned with three sodas.



“Let’s see. I have Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, and Mountain Dew.” She looked at Jesse. “Jesse, what would you like?”



“You don’t have to…”



“Yes, I do. It’s not a problem,” she insisted.



“I guess I’ll have the Dr. Pepper, ma’am.”



“Call me Kendra,” she replied. “Here you go.” Jesse thanked her and accepted the offering. “It’s no problem.” She handed her son the Pepsi. He seemed pleased as he thanked his mom.



Moments later, Todd came out of his office. He looked in our direction and called for Marcus. He stood up and walked towards Todd who informed Jesse that he would be next after Marcus. Jesse’s mom decided to come over and sit in his place. She shook Kendra’s hand and they made their introductions.



“So how do you like your new friend?” Alice asked.



“He seems nice,” I said.



“He’s definitely a good boy,” Kendra replied with a smile from ear to ear. “He hasn’t been talkative lately. He’s making some progress though. He actually didn’t isolate himself in his room today. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t bother you two with that.”



“Nonsense, Kendra,” Alice replied. “We’re both going through some stuff. We just moved here from Butler. It was an eventful summer to say the least.”



“How would you like to come over for dinner tomorrow night?” Kendra asked us. Alice and Jesse were a little surprised by her offer.



“What do you think, Jesse?” Alice asked her son. “It would give you a chance to get to know Marcus. Maybe you two can become friends.”



“I think that’s a good idea,” Jesse said with a big smile of his own.



“It’s settled then,” Kendra said. She took out a piece of paper and pen and started writing down her address. “Do you need directions, Alice?”



“Well, it looks like you live across the street from us,” Alice said. “Talk about coincidence. I’m surprised I hadn’t seen you before.”



After a while, Marcus left Todd’s Office. Todd didn’t even bother saying anything as Jesse stood up and walked towards him. Jesse walked into Todd’s office, and Todd told him to sit down.



“How are you today, Jesse?” Todd asked.



“I’m doing okay,” Jesse replied unconvincingly. “I’m nervous about school though.”



“Starting at a new school is never easy,” he replied sympathetically. “Have you thought about how you think you’ll fit in at the new school?”



“I’m not sure,” Jesse sighed. “It might be a little better since I just met my neighbor.”



“Who might that be?” Todd asked.



“Marcus lives across the street from me. I didn’t know it until my mom told me. They invited us over for dinner.”



“That’s wonderful!” Todd beamed. “I think you two should get to know each other.”



“What does that mean?” Jesse inquired.



“You’re new in town,” Todd reminded him. “Maybe you two can become friends. That’s all I’m saying.”



The session took a turn to more personal issues. Todd asked Jesse more about how he felt about Brad’s death and his sexuality. Of course Jesse was still uncomfortable with the subject. Jesse said that he still felt guilty about Brad’s untimely death. Todd reminded the young man that it wasn’t his fault. “These things happen sometimes. We learn from it and become stronger.” Jesse didn’t see how he could feel better about the situation. He felt as if he had let Brad down. He’d let himself down as well. The conversation continued with talk about the drugs. Jesse felt ashamed about what he’d done. Jesse never told anyone how he ended up doing that stuff. Jesse guessed that they’d taken blood samples and found traces of methamphetamines in his body. The educated guess was indeed correct. After the session, Jesse returned home with his mother.



Jesse decided to go for a walk around the nearby Memorial Park as he had seen enough of his bedroom throughout the previous days. As he walked briskly through a wooded trail, Jesse noticed two guys making out. One was Hispanic with long wavy hair. The other was black with a bald pate. ‘They are hot as hell,’ he said to himself. The hot Latino noticed Jesse standing there. Jesse gave him a wink. Soon the handsome black man turned around and noticed Jesse as well. “Do you have a problem?” he snapped at Jesse. “You might want to take a picture. It lasts longer.”



“I was just enjoying the view,” Jesse quipped with a devious smirk. The pair walked over to Jesse and they were definitely checking him out.



The Latin stud began to speak. “I’m Alejandro Rodriguez,”



“I’m Jamal Matthews,” the other said.



“I’m Jesse. It’s nice to meet you.” Jesse cordially shook their hands.



“So, do you like what you saw?” Jamal asked. Jesse smiled and nodded. Jamal sent Jesse a smile of his own. “I’ll take that as a yes. I don’t think I’ve seen you here before. I think I would have noticed. In fact, I know I would have.”



“I just moved here from Butler,” Jesse informed him. “I’ve been here for about two weeks now. And yes, I must say that I like what I see.”



Alejandro gazed at Jesse for a moment. “Well, you didn’t move far, but I’m sure you’ll like it better here. We’re going to a party later. Would you like to join us?” Jesse thought about it for a minute. Jesse wasn’t exactly sure how to answer. Jesse knew he probably shouldn’t be going to a party considering his recent time in the hospital, but he also wanted to meet new people.



“I would probably have to make an excuse to go,” Jesse said hesitantly. “Where is the party?”



“It’s over on Walnut Street,” Alejandro replied. “We could pick you up. Where do you live?”



“I live in a two-story blue house on Minnie Avenue,” Jesse said to his new friend.



“Jamal, isn’t that the street Marcus lives on?” Alejandro asked of his boyfriend.



Jesse interrupted them, “Yeah, he lives across the street from me.”



“Small world,” Jamal reasoned. “Maybe we could talk him into going with us. He’s isolated himself for a couple of months now. I think we’ll have to fix that.”



“Jamal, you would isolate yourself too,” Alejandro said flatly. “He’s been through a lot. You know he has.”



“I know, Alex,” Jamal sighed. “He can’t lock himself away forever.”



“Why is he isolating himself?” Jesse asked in wonderment.



“Maybe you should ask him,” Jamal uttered. Jamal wasn’t too pleased as he knew they’d already said too much



“Jamal, it’s not a big secret,” Alejandro grumbled. “Jesse, he lost someone dear to him a couple of months ago.”



“I know the feeling,” Jesse said with a frown replacing his beautiful smile. “That’s part of the reason we left Butler. Anyway, I haven’t had much time to talk to Marcus. He looks like he lost his best friend, now that you mention it.”



“Something like that,” Alejandro said sympathetically. “You should get to know him. Who knows, maybe…”



“Alex…” Jamal said with a raised eyebrow.



“Okay, okay,” Alejandro whined. “I was just trying to be helpful.” Jamal motioned his boyfriend to talk in private. Their conversation was quiet yet heated. Jesse couldn’t understand why they were being so secretive. Could it be that Marcus had been through something tragic and didn’t want newcomers to find out about it? After they finished talking Alejandro and Jamal walked over to Jesse.



“Jesse, we’re not sure how to handle this,” Jamal reasoned. “For now, we think it’s best that we don’t talk about our friend’s situation. It’s best for you to let him tell you. I think you should get to know him.”



Alejandro nodded in agreement and said, “I’m sorry for bringing it up. Anyway, we’d really enjoy having you at the party. It will give you a chance to get to know us better. Can I ask you a question?” Jesse nodded in the affirmative. Alejandro took a breath and asked, “Are you gay like us?”



Once again Jesse shook his head affirmatively. “It’s taken me a while to figure it out. Butler isn’t a good place in which to be out. How does Belton compare?”



“Well, there are still some closed-minded people…” Jamal paused. “But we have good friends who understand, some of them straight. We also have some bi friends.”



“Are you two a couple or just friends with benefits?” I asked the pair.



“We’re boyfriends,” Jamal replied. “We have also been known to have a little fun with some of our other friends. Maybe you could join us some time. Don’t worry. We use protection.”



“That sounds like fun,” Jesse said with enthusiasm, though he knew that he wasn’t ready to have sex with anyone. Sure, he was always horny, but guilt consumed him. “So is Marcus…”



Alejandro cut him off. “That’s his place to tell you, not ours. I will tell you that he knows about us, and he has no problem with it. He’s a good friend of ours. It sounds like you might…”



Jamal glared at his boyfriend, and Alejandro stopped talking. “You should talk to Marcus. Get to know him. When did you meet him?”



“Actually, I just met him today,” Jesse replied. “I would like to get to know him better. I don’t know what it is, but he intrigues me.”



“Why don’t we get into my car and drive to his house?” Alejandro suggested. “We might need Lexis to help us convince him to go tonight. He hasn’t been to a party with us all summer. I’ll call her and see what she thinks.”



Alejandro pulled out his cell phone and dialed the number. “Hey Lexis… I’m just fine sweetie. How are you?”



“Alejandro, I’m just fine. How are you, sweetie?” Lexis asked.



“We’re fine,” Alejandro replied. Lexis could sense her friend’s smile through the phone. I wanted to ask you something. Could you meet us at Marcus’ house?”



“I’m not sure if he wants any company, but we can try,” Lexis sighed. She was worried about Marcus. He was in so much pain. He had suffered a great loss.



“We want him to go to the party tonight… I know he’s still sad, Lexy, but he needs to get out of the house and spend time with his friends.” Lexis agreed and informed him that she’d meet Alejandro and bring her whole gang about 10 minutes later. “Okay Lexy, we’ll see you soon. Thanks, sweetie!”



“What did she say?” Jamal asked.



Alejandro smiled at his lover and said, “She said she, Madison, and Tyler would meet us there in a few minutes.” We got into Alejandro’s ’67 Ford Mustang. It was cherry red and fully restored.



“You’ve got a sweet ride, Alejandro,” Jesse said with a high level of enthusiasm.



“If you think this ride is sweet, wait ‘til later,” he said with the devilish smirk. Jesse noticed the not so subtle innuendo. It had been a long time since Jesse had been with anyone, and he was intrigued by the idea of his first threesome. He had also never had the pleasure of being with a black guy or a Latino. Jesse relished the idea though. Even if Jesse wasn’t quite ready, he thought the two would be acceptable for his first threesome.



Jamal playfully punched his boyfriend in the arm. “You’re a bad boy. Jesse, remind me to spank him later.” We all laughed at Jamal’s quip. I wasn’t sure if he was actually joking. I’d never gotten involved with the kinky stuff.



“If I’m bad, do I get a spanking too?” Jesse asked.



“You bet your sweet ass, we’ll spank you …,” Alejandro said as his devilish smirk returned. He winked and added, “But only if you want us to.” Alejandro fired up the stallion and the trio was off. It was a short trip, because Jesse and Marcus’ neighborhood was close to the park. Jesse decided to talk to his parents while the others tried to convince Marcus to come to the party. Jesse’s parents told him to be careful and not to ride with anyone who was drunk. They also warned him to refuse to partake in any drug use at the party, but Jesse had already decided to smoke some weed if someone offered him some.



Meanwhile Lexis knocked on the door to Marcus’ house. Kendra answered the door. “Hello, Lexy. How are you sweetie?”



“I’m fine, Kendra. Is Marcus around?” Lexis already knew the answer to the question, but she decided to ask anyway.



“Of course, he’s here Lexy,” Kendra said while trying not to roll her eyes. She wanted her son to leave the house for a while. “He’s in his room. Go on up.”



“Thanks, Kendra,” Lexy said before planting a kiss on the older woman’s rosy cheek. Lexy went up the stairs and knocked on the first door on the right. “Marcus, it’s Lexy. Can I come in?” He gave her permission to enter and she was happy that he hadn’t told her to leave him alone. “This is progress,” she thought to herself.



“Marky, we need to get you out of this house,” Lexis said firmly. “You can’t sit around and mope forever. Let’s get the hell out of here.”



“Lexy, I love you,” he said. “But sometimes you’re a pain in the ass.”



“Bitch, don’t even go there,” Lexis snapped. “We all know you like some pain in your ass. I’ll quote you. You always say, ‘hurts so good.’”



Marcus finally gave in. He knew that once Lexis Gordon wanted something, she wouldn’t take no for an answer. Once Marcus gave in Lexis said, “The party isn’t until evening, but we’re all going to hang out for a while. The party is at my house. That’s where the party is going to be. My parents won’t be home.” Marcus was surprised when Lexis told me this. Once the pair were outside, Lexis gave Jesse the same information she had given Marcus. “Jesse, this is my boyfriend, Tyler, and my girlfriend Madison.”



“Oh, I see you like the best of both worlds,” I joked.



“You’re damn right I do,” she smirked. “All three of us do. What about you, Jesse?”



“Well, I had a girlfriend…” Jesse paused for a minute. “But I prefer the guys. I’m not likely to turn a woman down, but I would rather be with a guy. I don’t know what that makes me.”



“Fair enough,” Madison said. “I prefer the guys myself, but I love my Lexis.” She wrapped her arms around Lexis and pressed her lips against hers. Marcus rolled his eyes at them. Jesse watched curiously. The young ladies pulled apart to take a breath. “Sorry guys, but we don’t do the group thing.”



“It could be fun,” Jesse quipped. They both gave Jesse a look that made him glad that looks don’t kill. “I’m kidding. I just thought I’d lighten the mood.”



Alejandro walked over to Jesse and whispered, “Forget about them. We’re going to show you a good time later. Lexy already said we could have one of the bedrooms at her house tonight. By the time Jamal and I are done with you, you’ll forget all about them.”



Jamal was on the other side of Jesse. He had some whispering of his own to do. “Have you heard what they say about us? It’s true. Don’t worry, I’ll be gentle.” Jesse understood the reference about ‘what they say.’ By that point, the three young men were getting some dirty looks from the rest of the group.



“What are you two scheming now?” Tyler asked. Alejandro walked over to him and whispered in his ear. A devilish smirk crossed Tyler’s face as Alejandro told him of the dirty deeds ahead. Tyler gave Jesse a wink, and Jesse smiled back at him.



“Are we going to my house now or are the four of you going to have an orgy in the middle of the street?” Lexis asked. Laughter broke out at the mention of the latter.



“Lexy, I don’t do stuff like that in public,” Jesse laughed.



“That’s nice to know,” Madison added.



“I almost forgot to tell you,” Lexis interrupted. “I have a pool.”



“I need to go get a pair of trunks,” Jesse said. “I’ll be back in a minute.” He walked back to his house and went back up to his room. He opened his dresser drawer, and grabbed his trunks. He decided to wear his trunks underneath his clothes for easy access.



********************



Heartbroken and scorned, Alison McPherson decided she needed revenge against her ex-boyfriend. Though he didn’t know she was mentally unstable, she was nonetheless. In her mind, she had suffered the ultimate humiliation. In her mind, sleeping with a gay man was the ultimate insult. She felt used and tainted. Her family had always been against gay people. “They should all be dead,” her father, Douglas McPherson always said to his family. “Those faggots waste our precious oxygen. We should stone them to death.”



Alison didn’t know what kind of punishment her “faggot” ex-boyfriend deserved, but she knew that he would be hurting more after she was finished. In her mind, Brad’s death was ‘God’s punishment for an abomination.’



********************



A group of teens arrived at Lexis Gordon’s luxurious home. Her parents were out of town just as the young lady had promised. The seven teens walked into the house, and Lexis led them through the house to the pool in the back yard.



“You have a really nice pad, Lexis,” said Jesse. “Your parents must be loaded.”



“Well, my father is a dentist, and my mother is a trial lawyer,” she said proudly. “I want to follow in my mother’s footsteps. I think I would make a fine lawyer.”



“Well, you certainly like to argue,” Marcus quipped. “Now, your temper tantrums are not exactly suitable for a courtroom. Ouch!” Lexis punched him in the arm, causing some pain. “You better be glad I can’t hold you in contempt!” The others chuckled at the entertaining duo much to the dismay of the two.



Alejandro and Jamal wasted no time discarding their shoes, socks, jeans, and t-shirts, revealing Speedos. Jamal and Alejandro both wore white Speedos. The couple even shook their asses at the edge of the pool, teasing their audience. The group, including Lexy and Madison whistled at the two. After they felt the others had seen them shake their booties enough, they both dove into the deep end of the pool.



Jesse decided to sit by Marcus, because Marcus decided not to swim. Being around the pool was hard enough, considering that his recently departed lover was a swimmer. In fact, so was he. The two had met on the swim team first year. Marcus still loved Zach, and he probably always would. Jesse sensed Marcus’s sadness. He wondered whether he should say something or not. Against his better judgment, Jesse said, “Are you okay?”



“I’m fine,” he sighed. “Thanks for asking.” Jesse knew Marcus was anything but fine, at least emotionally. He could sense the young man’s sadness. He wondered if Marcus had suffered similar pain to his own. While the circumstances were difference, one could draw parallels between the two. First, they had both lost someone important in their lives. Also, they had both lost their first loves even if Jesse had a hard time admitting it. Jesse was uncomfortable with his own sexuality at the time. Marcus, on the other hand, had known he was gay since 7th grade.



Jesse thought about how his relationship with Brad had started. They grew up in the same neighborhood in Butler, Missouri. The boys’ became best friends in kindergarten. When the young boys were in 7th grade, they became jack off buddies. They moved on to oral sex later that year.



Brad came out to his best friend when they were both in the 9th grade. While Jesse wasn’t able to accept his own sexual orientation the two remained close. The same year Jesse tried pot for the first time. Brad had been telling him for months how awesome the drug really was. That night was also the first time they had anal intercourse. Jesse figured it would be okay as long as he wasn’t the bottom. ‘That would make me a queer,’ he always said to himself. Though there were always more acceptable words, that is what Jesse was. He had a minimal attraction to women, but he definitely preferred having sex with Brad. He told himself that it would change, but change never came.



By sophomore year, Brad and Jesse had started using cocaine and methamphetamines, which fueled their sexual desires. The same year, Jesse also started dating Alison McPherson. Brad, of course, was not happy with the new relationship, but he stuck by his friend nonetheless. Jesse felt guilty about what had happened with Brad. He also felt guilty because of what had happened with Alison. When he told her about his relationship with the recently departed, Brad Nelson, she was both heartbroken and furious. She said that she wished he, Jesse, were the one whom had died. Part of the reason Jesse decided to attempt suicide was because of those sentiments.



Marcus had experienced three sex partners in his young life. In 7th grade, he met Alejandro and Jamal. Both were one year his senior. They were a couple even then, but they both liked Marcus and often had threesomes. Their sessions were always fulfilling, because all were versatile, capable of fulfilling one another’s sexual needs. Marcus learned a lot from the two older boys so that he was an excellent lover by the time he met Zach in the 9th grade. The two developed a strong bond. They were practically inseparable. When Zach died, Marcus felt as if he had lost a part of himself. He became withdrawn and depressed. His heart ached for Zach. How could he live without Zach? It wasn’t easy, but the therapy sessions were helping.



Jesse and Marcus sat silently watching the others frolicking in the pool. They thought nobody would notice them sitting there, not even speaking. They were wrong. Alejandro whispered into Jamal’s ear. “Those two need to join the party.” Jamal agreed with his handsome lover. They discussed a plan. They also brought Tyler into their devious plot. The three left the pool and walked over to Jesse and Marcus.



“You two need to get into the pool,” Jamal insisted.



“What if I don’t want to?” Marcus pouted. “You know I don’t like to swim anymore.”



“Marky, you need to get back into the water,” Alejandro reasoned. “We’re not about to let you stop swimming this year. You know that’s what…”



“Alejandro…” Marcus whined. “I’ll start swimming when…” Jamal picked Marcus up and threw him over his shoulders. “Let go of me, you big oaf.” Moments later, Jamal let Marcus off his shoulders. He wrapped his arm around him, and they both dove into the pool, even if Marcus didn’t want to.



Alejandro somehow suppressed his laughter and turned his attention to Jesse. Since Jesse had a larger build, Alejandro couldn’t give him the same treatment. As luck may have had it, Tyler was also a football player. He was the enforcer. Jesse looked into Alejandro’s eyes. “Okay, I’ll go. I was only sitting over here to keep Marcus company.” Jesse stood up without the help of Alejandro and Tyler. He ran towards the pool, jumped into the air, and made a big splash. Once he reached the surface, he saw Jamal and Tyler on a mad dash of their own. Not to be outdone, they jumped into the air, pulling in their knees for dual cannonballs.



“Let’s play Marco Polo,” Lexis suggested. Everyone seemed to agree with her idea. “I think Jesse should be it, since he’s the newbie.” All in agreement say aye. Everyone except for Jesse said aye. Jesse took it in stride and closed his eyes. Ten seconds later he yelled, “Marco,” followed by the other’s yelling “polo.” He started swimming straight ahead, occasionally repeating the word, until he finally caught Lexis. By the time the game was finished, Lexis had been “it” twice, Jesse twice, Alejandro once, Tyler three times, and Jamal once. The two athletic swimmers, Madison and Marcus, had eluded the others and hadn’t been tagged. Both of them decided to be smug and taunt the others. The taunting didn’t go without revenge, however. All the other young men surrounded Marcus, repeatedly dunking him under the water. Madison didn’t escape their wrath either. Once they all left the pool, Alejandro and Jamal picked her up. Alejandro took her arms while Jamal took her legs. She screamed and yelled, but her protests only fueled the mischievous behavior. They swung her back and forth. The others yelled, “One… two… three!” and she was tossed back into the pool.



The seven teens went back into the house and got dressed. Jamal was the first to get back into the living room. He had brought a bag for his clothes and conveniently had stashed a large plastic bag full of a green leafy substance. Lexis had a tray and medical scissors for such a task. Jamal reached under the couch and found Lexis’ supplies. He pulled a cigar out of his gym bag, moistened the shell with his luscious lips, and cut it. He removed the tobacco from within and replaced it with the precious herb. He licked the cut paper until it was sufficiently moist. By this time, the others had gathered around him. He looked around, giving them smiles and winks before drying the blunt with his lighter.



Once the blunt was dry, he put it in his mouth, gave it a few puffs, and passed the blunt to Alejandro. Alejandro took a couple of heavy tokes and passed it to Jesse. Alejandro held the smoke in his mouth and turned to Jamal. Jamal opened his mouth, and Alejandro brought his lips up to Jamal’s mouth. The two kissed while simultaneously sharing the smoke. Jesse took a cue from the couple, sharing the smoke with Alejandro. The entire group followed the examples and shotgunned the previous toker each time they took their hits. After they were done with the blunt, they were torn up from the floor up.



Lexis, being a gracious host, put a couple of pizzas into the oven. She had also planned ahead of time and baked a large batch of brownies with a special ingredient. She placed the brownies on the table. After calling Tyler and Madison into the kitchen for assistance she opened the refrigerator and retrieved a fresh gallon of milk. Meanwhile, Tyler fetched some drinking glasses while Madison retrieved some plates. “Who wants some brownies?” Lexis asked with a snicker. She hadn’t told them about the special ingredient. She did not need to, because everyone knew, including Jesse. The teens consumed the entire platter of brownies. They were completely stoned out of their minds, and the party had yet to begin.

Copyright © 2010 Tiger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..