Jump to content
    TiggerDude
  • Author
  • 1,387 Words
  • 228 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Giggle Shack - 1. Chapter 1

Brice was new to South Beach, Florida. A young, energetic stage comedian in hopes of finding enough work to allow him to move away from the bitter, snowy Northeast winters.

He has already spent the day visiting five other establishments in search of work as a comedian with no luck.

“Okay, one more then I have to find a room for the night.” He mumbled to himself as to how he would end the day. He looked at his list of club names he had placed x’s over except one that was hidden on the backside of the folded piece of paper. He smiled to himself “This has to be fate.” Little did he know.

It was called the “Laugh Shack.” An out of the way “hole in the wall” looking place. Brice stood in front of it “Not much, but I gotta check it out.” He decided.

Brice entered through a door that creaked a bit as he opened it. The inside was dimly lit. He could see well placed tables in front of a half way decent sized stage. “They must get some large acts here.” He thought.

Over to the right he could see a gentlemen setting up the bar. It was late afternoon and no doubt, he was getting ready for the nights festivities. Brice walked over to where the man was, extending his hand “Hi, I’m Brice, I was wondering if you were hoping to add a Comedian to your list of entertainment this evening?”

The man spoke; “I’m Buck.” Then he sized Brice up and down. Then he finally responds, “Well, we did have a cancellation tonight. You any Good?” Brice’s face lights up; “I am !”

Buck grins; “Where you from kid?”

“I’m from New York” Brice says.

Buck nods; “I have to tell ya now, there is a base pay of $125 a night and depending how much laughter your create, it will increase and it will most likely land you a spot as a regular. How does that sound?”

Brice smiles ear to ear; “That sounds awesome, I am up to the challenge to fill this place with laughter.” Buck grins back; “That what we like to hear.”

“Can you come back in about an hour? We, my other two partners and I would like to audition you?” Buck asks.

“Sure, I can do that.” Brice responds. “What should I wear for the show?”

Buck grins again; “We’re casual here, wear what you are wearing now, tank top, shorts and flip flops. If you want, it’s alright with us and it helps to look like you fit into the beach scene.”

“Sounds Great! I will see you in an hour.” Brice shakes Bucks hand then quickly departs.

An hour later, right on the dot Brice re-enters the club. A few more lights are on and the stage is lit up. He could already start to feel the adrenaline rush. He notices three guys near the bar and quickly goes over to greet them.

“So what’d ya think of the stage?” Buck asks.

“It’s awesome!” I can’t wait.

Buck nods; “Oh sorry, this is Matt and this is Drake we all own the club.

Brice grins extending his hand; “Its real nice to meet you both and thank you for the opportunity.”

Matt says; “Buck mentioned you seemed pretty confident.” Looking Brice up and down; “You certainly fit in with what you’re wearing. And we want to hear what you brought and a lot of laughter. Can you do that?”

Beaming Brice responds; “Yes sir, I can do that! Would you like me on stage now?”

Buck interjects; “The stage is for this evening, we have an audition room where you will perform for us. You seem a bit nervous; a drink can help with that. Would like to do a shot or two before you start?”

Brice instantly began to relax just hearing that. His face softened; “Sure, I’d love one.”

Matt steps behind the bar; “What’s your pleasure?”

Brice chuckles; “To fill this place with laughter.” All three men grinned back at him.

In unison Brice hears; “Us Too! But, what would you like to drink?”

“Would it be too much to ask, as a shot, I really like Jagermeister.” Brice asks.

All three men smiled at each other then back at Brice; “That’s what all three of us like as well. I have a feeling you are going to fit in here perfectly, until you bring all that laughter in here.”

Brice grinned confidently back; “I intend to!”

Derek speaks for the first time; “We like to hear that too! A man on a mission!”

Brice grins back; “Cheers!” Resounding reply; “Cheers” *clink *clink * clink *clink

“One more!” Brice calls out.

His shot glass is quickly filled with more cheers and clinks then he hears Buck call out; “One more!”

Brice hadn’t eaten all day and was rapidly beginning to feel the effects. Enough so he thought there was a least one more shot he had drunk before he was lead down a flight a stairs to the “Audition Room.”

Once there he saw an ominous looking padded table. “What’s that?” he asked slurring a little.

Matt says; “Oh damn! They forgot to put the chairs back. If it’s okay Brice, and a bit comical to say the least. Lay down on the table and stare at the ceiling while you do your monologue. You’ve had alcohol and maybe you won’t get dizzy since you will not be standing.”

Brice nods and giggles; “That makes sense, I.I…I..I am feeling a little light headed.”

“Go ahead and lay down, we’ll stand against the wall listening.” Buck replies.

Brice nods as he climbs up on the padded table; “Hey, this is comfy, I hope I don’t fall asleep on you while I am doing this.” He chortles. The three men grinned back at him.

It didn't take long. As soon as Brice had made himself feel comfortable, he nodded off. Soon he was softly snoring.

The three men went to work pulling the concealed straps through the well-placed holes in the table and securing Brice’s ankles and thighs tightly to the table. They left Brice to sleep it off for a while before coming back to check on him.

About two hours later the three men went back downstairs to check on Brice who was already sitting up, looking around confused.

“Hey! What’s going on?” Brice demanded.

“You’re awake I see. You’re here to give us an Audition. Don’t you remember?” Matt responds.

“Yea, but why am I tied up?” Brice nervously asks.

“Oh that.” Matt replies. “We had to leave you for a little while and we didn’t want you to roll onto the floor and hurt yourself while you were sleeping it off. Trying to keep you safe.”

“Well, I’m awake now. Would you please release me?” Brice slightly begs.

“Sure. But don’t you want to give us an audition?” Buck says with a slight whine.

“I guess I can. But then promise to release my legs, okay?” Brice hesitantly asks.

“Sure thing.” Buck replies. “Oh, one more thing. I’m going to kneel behind you, prop your body up while you give your monologue, so we can see your face better. If that is okay with you?”

“Yea, yea, okay. I’m ready to start.” Brice blurts out.

Buck raises Brice’s torso up, quickly pulls his arms up over his head, pulls his shirt off then binds his wrists together behind his back.

“Whaaaaattt???? ARE YOU DOING TO ME?” Brice stammers out.

All three grin back; “You promised to fill this place with laughter. WE just want to make sure you can deliver.” Derek says with a chuckle.

“Whaaatt??” Brice cries out.

Buck was kneeling behind Brice’s propped up torso. Derek and Matt moved towards the end of the table and slowly removed Brice’s flip flops. Brice could do nothing but look on in dismay.

“So Brice, you ready to fill this place with laughter?” Derek chuckles. "By the way, we have all night, tonight we're closed." He laughs.

Brice simultaneously felt tickling on the soles of his feet as fingers began to dig into the hollows of both armpits.

As promised ...... Brice did fill the place with laughter………..

 

His laughter..

Thank You for Reading this Far.
Copyright © 2023 TiggerDude; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wow 4
Thank you for reading this far. 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank You for the Kind comments !  I am learning the in's -n- out's of posting in this forum.  Ajbt2001 is really helping me out with the particular's. 

Chris191070, thank you for the nice comment.  I was and still am thinking of a part 2 now that Brice has been tickle initiated into The Laugh Shack comedy club.   

Peace & Light

TiggerDude 😊

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..