Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 1,590 Words
  • 698 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Raijinken: The Present - 4. Warning: Chemistry may cause explosions.

Warning: Chemistry May Cause Explosions

Chapter 4:

Warning: Chemistry May Cause Explosions

 

Rai’s Room, Morning

 

BOOM!!!

“I don’t even wanna know.”

 

Downstairs…

 

“WHAT THE FUCK ZEPH?!” King yelled beside the recently formed hole to the outside.

Pushing his goggles to rest on his forehead, he ran his fingers through his short hair. “Sorry ‘bout that.” He put the thing in his hand on the table beside him. “Thought I got all of the bugs out of this thing…” Moving the goggles back down, he grabbed the arc welder.

As the sparks started to fly, King moved to get a closer look at what the gun that almost just blasted him to the next county was. Unfazed by the white hot sparks hitting his skin, he asked, “What is that thing?”

Zeph stopped. “It’s a magnifier.” he put the arc welder down. Moving over to the super computer on the other side of the room, he placed the weapon on the scanner.

King followed him, staring in confusion at the screen as the schematics for the gun appeared. “What do you mean a ‘magnifier’?”

Zephyr didn’t look up from the keyboard he was rapidly typing into. “It magnifies our powers, of course.” Looking up, he pointed at to a chamber on the gun. “We put a collection of energy here,” He traced a path between the chamber, a crystal, and the nozzle. “The crystal amplifies and concentrates the energy, then releases it.”

King nodded in appreciation. “Sweet…but what are you building this for?”

A mischievous smile slinked onto Zephyr’s face. “Don’t ask questions…”

“Just accept it. Yeah, yeah; I know.” King mumbled as he headed back out the newly-formed door. “And you better find someway to fix this wall!”

Zeph smiled before picking up the phone.

 

Dorms at VCU

 

The light streamed through my blinds, waking me to the world outside…

I hate days where the outside doesn’t feel like my inside.

I got in late last night, which is sort of stupid because I have a 9:00 A.M class, but at least I won’t be failing that test today.

I slowly got up and stretched, catching myself as the world spun for a second. I went out into the hallway (in just my boxers, mind you) to the bathroom. Brushing my teeth (I take my showers at night), I quickly washed up and got dressed.

Grabbing my book bag, I made it to the kitchen, passing my roommates door on the way.

Hmmm…I wonder if he’s even here?

Probably not. With all of those people at the party last night, he probably went home with at least one of them.

Hopefully.

I grabbed a banana on my way out of the door. I was making my way down the stairs when a voice called my name from behind me. I turned around to see Alan running towards me.

“Hey Alan.” He stopped in front of me. “How did the date go last night?”

A frown marred his face. “How do you think?”

I turned slightly so he wouldn’t see the smile on my face. “Awww…you didn’t get any? Po’ baby…”

“Damn right I didn’t get any. And you know whose fault it is?” I had to swallow the laugh coming up my throat as I shrugged. “Yours and you know it. You couldn’t have just came along and distracted her friend so I could have went home wit’…(insert name here because Alan can’t remember it) girl.”

“Cock-block?”

“Damn straight. I been tryin’ so hard to get wit’ this girl the past few weeks. And when I knew I was goin’ to finally get between her legs, bam! Up comes the friend-chastity belt.”

I stifled a laugh. “Chastity-belt? Really?”

“Well, what else would you call it? Girl had her friend on lockdown.”

“Klink-Klink.”

He punched my arm. “Shut up.”

 

The Mansion

 

Ray, D, and Kai were in the kitchen eating breakfast as I plopped into a chair, laying my head on the counter.

“Hi.” Kai started. “Welcome back to the living.”

“How ‘bout ‘Welcome back to shut the fuck up?’ Yeah, let’s go with that.” He threw a piece of cereal at me.

As the round, sugary crap rolled onto the floor, I heard D snort off to my side. “Well…” he said. “Someone seems pissy today.”

“Shhh…” I whispered. “I’m debating on whether or not to go down and investigate that big explosion that happened earlier…or eat toast.”

Ray saved me the trouble. “It was Zeph.”

“Ah.” Of course it was.

“He created a new weapon for us…”

New weapon? Ya-!

“…and it blew up in his face.”

…never mind.

“So now we have a gigantic hole in the wall?”

“For the moment, yes; Zephyr already called Hephaestus.” Ray, closely followed by D, walked out.

“Well then…” I moved to the fridge. “Forget it.” Kai just shook his head.

 

Bookstore near VCU

 

You know how you can just tell a day is going to suck? Like exponentially suck?

Today just had to be one of those days.

I’m a little upset right now because even though I made myself get up early for my class, it turned out to be canceled. Damn it.

So, after venting my anger in the form of many words that made people think I had turrets or something, I went to the book store across the street.

There was a girl in there that looked vaguely familiar, but I ignored her as I made my way to the sci-fi/fantasy isle.

I know that I’ve seen her somewhere before…

Last night, at Ian’s party in our room, girl sitting on the black haired guy’s lap.

That whole staring at me bit last night. Ugh, I really didn’t want to think about it, but there was an extremely weird vibe in that room. I looked out of the corner of my eye to see she was at the end of the isle, just standing there.

Staring.

Maybe I could lose her…no it wouldn’t work out. The store might have been big, but it’s pretty flat. Not to mention the fact that I’m pretty tall. She’ll spot me too easily.

I’ve got to get outside.

I picked the book I wanted, and quickly make my way to the register. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the girl move with me. Hmmm…

I turned down the street. Bending down, I pretended to tie my shoe. She was still following me, and it seemed more people were with her now.

‘Crap.’ I whispered, looking around. There’s a crowd down the street, maybe I could lose them there?

I got up, walking to the throng of people, quickly blending in (or so I hope) with them.

I looked over my shoulder, counting five people between me and them.

Perfect.

There’s an alley off to my right.

Got to get there. I thought.

Swerving between the people in front of me, I ducked into the alley.

Dead end.

SON OF A BITCH! I looked around frantically, noting that there wasn’t much time before they got to me.

There’s a fire escape at the end of the alley, and probably a minute before they get here.

I ran like hell.

Jumping up, I grabbed the lowest rung on the ladder. I scrambled to the top, running to the stairs beside it. I took a chance at a look down. There were five shadows at the start of the alley. I had to hurry to the top of the building.

Unfortunately, it was easier said than done, and it is really hard keeping quiet on these metal stairways. But, by some miracle, I did it.

I looked down from the roof, careful to keep most of my head out of the way. I saw the five of them, another girl with the one from the bookstore and three guys, looking for me. I sat down, praying that they don’t get the idea to start climbing up here.

I looked down again, ready to move if needed.

The girl was on a cell phone, talking rapidly to someone who was obviously making her upset. She ended the conversation, motioning for the others to follow her back to the street.

I sat down, breathing a sigh of relief as a single thought ran through my mind.

I have got to get out of that room.

 

At the mansion, computer room

 

“Hmm…” Zephyr leaned towards the computer to get a closer look.

“What?” Aare walked to stand behind him. Leaning over, he looked at the screen. “I don’t see anything.”

“I could’ve sworn there was demon signature there a second ago.”

“Maybe it was just a glitch?”

Zeph shrugged. “Eh… don’t know.” They moved back to the table across the room, gadgets strewn about as they began to work on the man sized object.

They didn’t see the red blip flicker on the screen before going off again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

R&R Please!

Also, to make things a little more interesting for the future, I’m making a few crossovers with the main characters to other universes!

You have from the choice of:

Naruto

The DC Universe

The Marvel Universe

Also, there is a very big one with the Kingdom Hearts universe, but that will definitely be last.

 

To see which one I should work on first, I’m leaving it up to you all! Please vote on which one.

Thanks everyone!

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..