Jump to content
    york366
  • Author
  • 1,334 Words
  • 813 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2008 - Summer - Escape Entry

Love Death Love - 1. Story

Love Death Love

by Kyle Grey

 

*****

 

The setting sun cast long shadows across the beach. The orange lit sky matched the small bonfires. My hand was tightly wrapped in Rachel's as we walked along the ocean.

"I want you to know that I still love you," I managed to say softly.

"I know," she replied in a strained voice.

I stopped to turn towards her. I caressed the side of her face and met her lips. We shared a short fleeting kiss before I pulled back. I was only to well aware that this was the beginning of the end. However, I couldn't help but look into those eyes looking at me so longingly. I softly pushed aside her hair to be able to see her face more closely. It was a bit too much as I started seeing her eyes water up.

"I'm sorry," I said in my most sorrowful voice.

I wanted so much to stay in this comfortable place. I pulled her into a hug to feel her against me once more. It wouldn’t be like this any longer.

*****

"Did you get enough avocados, Eric?"

"Yeah mom, I put them all in the fridge," he replied as he passed through the kitchen with his football bag. "I'm off to practice, anything else?"

"No dear, just be home at a reasonable time. I am trying to make the fajitas just like dad used to."

"I really wish you wouldn't," Eric replied in soft voice.

Mom sighed. "We have to try, don't we? We can try," she replied more in assurance to herself.

Eric turned to me sitting on the kitchen counter table with a water bottle. "Ready to go, lil bro?"

I nodded and got up but mom interrupted. "Eric, maybe it's a better idea if he stays here today? He's had a rough day."

Eric looked toward me, focusing on my arms that were now covered with a long-sleeve shirt. "I think it would be a good idea if he got out. He could use some fresh air."

Mom looked between us for a moment. "Okay, but please stay with him, Eric."

"Of course mom, I'll watch him."

With that, we headed out of the door. Once outside, Eric turned towards me. "It's okay you know. You'll get through it."

I just nodded.

"I mean it could have been worse. At least you didn't turn out to be like a serial murderer or something," he said with laugh.

I managed a smile. "Thanks."

He smiled back and put an arm around my shoulder. "Let's go."

*****

"Do you want another one?" asked Bryan.

I nodded.

"How about you Salima?"

"I'm good." she replied as she lay back against the sofa.

"Alright, I'll be right back."

After he left, Salima laid her head on my shoulder.

"You like him don't you?"

"I do not," I protested.

"Accept it dude, you like him. Get over it already."

"Salima, it's complicated. I'm not sure if I want to go there."

Salima started saying something else but stopped at the sound of footsteps. Bryan reappeared with two bottles of beer. He handed me one and then sat down on the sofa on the other side of Salima.

"I think we should toast to something," Bryan said holding up his beer.

"And what would that be?"

"To Salima actually getting drunk for the first time."

"This is not the first time I have been drunk!" Salima protested.

"Yes it is. That slightly tipsy stuff totally doesn't count."

"Whatever, I think I'm too tired for this anyways. I'm going to crash on your bed Bryan."

"Go for it."

Salima stumbled towards the stairs leading up to the second floor and a few minutes later we heard the loud slam of door.

"She's okay right?" asked Bryan.

"Yeah, she'll be fine."

"Well I'm glad you guys came over," Bryan said as he put his hand around me.

I turned to look at him. "Yeah, I had a good time."

For a second we looked directly into each other's eyes and I felt my heart beat faster. Bryan then broke into a laugh and took a sip from his beer.

"You know, I am actually surprised that Salima got so drunk. She only had like two beers."

"Yeah but I think she's a pretty lightweight."

I lay my head back on the sofa and was completely unprepared for when Bryan leaned over and softly kissed my lips. Our lips met for a second before I softly pushed him back.

"What was that?"

"C'est l'amour..."

*****

"There is something I need to say," I said as I looked up at the ceiling.

"What is it, sweets?" Rachel asked as she cuddled up next to me and softly rubbed my chest.

"I... I... let's go for a walk, on the beach."

"Right now? It's dark outside."

"Yeah," I said throwing off the bed covers and getting up from her bed.

I picked up my clothes and put them on. I looked to see Rachel still sitting in the bed giving me a weird look.

"Please?" I begged.

"Okay," she replied as she reluctantly got up and dressed.

After she had straightened her clothes, I took her hand and led her out to the back of the house facing the beach. I took in a deep breath of the salty smell of the sea that came in from the open door. I led Rachel out onto the soft sand. I just wanted to escape now but at least I owed her the truth first.

*****

"Here Eric, throw these out," my Mom said as she handed the bandages tainted red.

She then got a water bottle from the fridge and handed it to me. "Can you drink this?"

I nodded.

"Okay, let's think about getting you something to eat. I know! How about I make something special? Something that you always liked to eat?"

I just nodded again.

"Okay, okay. Keep drinking your water. Eric! Can you get some avocados from the store?"

"Yeah mom," he yelled back from the other room.

"Okay now that's settled," she said taking a deep breath. She then sat down on the other kitchen stool next to me.

"Okay, now can you please tell me why you thought this was necessary?" she asked in a stern voice.

"Can we please not talk about it right now? Please? Just for today," I pleaded in a meek voice.

"No, you have to talk. I need to know what was so serious that you did this!"

I felt tears come to my eye. I couldn't stop now. I started crying and telling her everything.

*****

"I'll have a turkey panini."

"Anything to drink with that?" asked the waitress

"I'll take a diet coke please."

"Alright, I'll be right back with the drinks."

I turned to Salima who was looking at me intently.

"What?"

"So it didn't look like things between and Bryan are as complicated as you said."

"What do you mean?"

"I totally saw you two making out on the couch last night."

"Wait, I thought you passed out!"

Salima laughed. "So I have a little confession to make. I actually wasn't drunk or ready to pass out at all when I left."

"What!?"

"I just wanted to help things along a bit."

"I can't believe you did that Salima!"

"Well I'm sure you don't mind now do you?"

"Well," I started before breaking into grin. "No, I actually don't."

Salima laughed. "Well I'm happy for you. This will be really good for you, especially after all that has happened over the past month."

I nodded.

"So tell me details. What all exactly happened?"

I laughed. "This is a first! Me telling you the juicy details."

Salima laughed also. "Yeah, I know! So tell me!"

"Well, after you went upstairs..."

*****

I lost a love, looked for an escape in death but only found love instead…

© 2008 Kyle Grey

Story Discussion

Copyright © 2010 york366; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2008 - Summer - Escape Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..