Jump to content
    Zannen
  • Author
  • 1,162 Words
  • 9,879 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Underneath This Skin - 4. Chapter 4

Ba dum tsh.

Yeah, you'd think if you fell unconcious in the middle of the street, you'd end up in a hospital, or at least someone's bed, right?

Leave it to me to wake up in a fucking alley-way. I shifted some in my sleep, oh-so pleasantly awaking myself to the pains of life. Quite literally. The first thing to alerted me of my situation was when I could hear the somewhat distant sounds of traffic. And not the kind of sound you hear through a window. I let my eyes open groggily, before the pain slammed into me, causing me to groan loudly. I rolled off the pile of trash I had been placed on, hitting concrete.

Fucking ow.

I slowly sat up, looking around the abandoned alley, before looking up at the sky. It was lit with millions of stars. Huh, full moon tonight. I let the smallest form of a smile grace my face at a distant memory.

"Mama, look! The stars are so pretty!" A small boy exclaimed, tugging on his mother's sleeve. The fair-skinned blonde woman looked down at her son, smiling sweetly, before crouching down to his level.

"Want to hear a story, Caden?" She asked the boy. Her voice was the softest melody. It calmed the boys excitement, before he nodded. "Let's lay down then." She told him, before laying down in the tall grass, before the boy settled beside her. She placed her lamp in the grass beside them as the boy snuggled into his mother's side.

"Once upon a time, there was only a single star in the sky. He was quite lonely, and the days went by slowly for him. Everyday was the same. Then one day, the star met the moon. The star spent the night with the moon, before falling asleep once more. They did this for days and days on end.

" But as they did so, the moon was disappearing little by little. The star was so sad. The moon was only friend he had. When he told this to the moon, the moon smiled and laughed. 'Don't be sad, Star." the moon said to the star, before reaching into his soul, and spraying fragments of it across the nightsky. "Whenever you get lonely, remember I am with you, in your night sky..."

Shaking my head lightly, I let a single tear stain my cheek, before whiping it away and making my way out of the alleyway and back home.

Upon arrival, I closed the door behind myself, before stripping my clothes across the apartment on my way to the shower. Yeah, that's a bonus of living by yourself.

Though every movement hurt like hell, I eventually made it to the shower, turning the tap to make the water lukewarm, before stepping in, cleaning the multitude of cuts upon my body, and whiping the garbage smell away from my skin. Sighing, I looked up at my shower's grimy white ceiling, before frowning deeper than usual.

Where the hell is the nightsky when you put yourself in your own God damn seclusion?

I finished rinsing, hating life every moment, as usual, before stepping out of the shower. God kill me, but make me sterile. I would hate to get infected. Smirking inwardly at the thought, I walked through the house in the nude running my fingers through my hair to brush it. Why don't I ever use a mirror, you may ask? Simple.

Because mirrors fucking suck.

That's what I'll tell you for now, anyway.

NEXT DAY.

Awoke, morning routine, blah blah blah. Not going through that with you again. The real story continues when I got to lovely first period.

The thing is, people usually stare at my lowlife self. I didn't need any extra attention like blood-stained clothes and bruises all over. Hell, the limp didn't help either. First period looked at me like I was some sort of extraterrestial to their preppy lives. Hell, I was. I would never know what it was like to get something as simple as damn 'allowance.' What kind of shit is that anyway? You work for what you get, nothing if free.

There's no such thing as love, there's only obligation.

I sat in my site, beside the 'friendly' ogres. Cough.

I mean Matt and his lackeys.

Anyway. I didn't notice the angry stare at the side of my head through my blank daydreaming. I hadn't had a pleasant nightmare last night, and I was lost in my past through most of the period. When the bell rang, I nearly jumped five miles high. Anyone who wasn't rushing for the door like it was the white light, laughed. At me, not with me. Believe me, I wasn't laughing.

Great, more attention.

As I made my way into the hallway, I felt a hand on my bruised shoulder. I winced inwardly at the contact, but to anyone else it would have looked like my eye was twitching. I hadn't been hit yet, this was an improvement. I turned around to meet the eyes of the redheaded boy I kept running into. Instead of the usual greeting, he growled at me, and grabbed my hand, pulling me off somewhere. I had completely blanked out at that point.

I mean, who fucking growls?

Clueing in that I was getting dragged out of the school, I stopped. Didn't help though. When I refused to move, he simply through me over his shoulder. Second day of school, kidnapped? Gee, my luck was great. I decided to go back to staring blankly ahead.

About twenty minutes later, I was brought into the back of some sketchy bar, and dropped on a sack. I think it was actually a bag of sand. I'm not sure. Anyway, no one enjoyed being dropped. I frowned, and looked up at the redhead in front of me, who stood glaring down at me, with his arms crossed.

What the hell did I do to him?

"DO YOU HAVE ANY SENSE OF SELF PRESERVATION?" He yelled, causing me to jump some. Holy fuck he was loud.

Wait, what?

He took a few deep breathes, leaving me to contemplate his words in the silence.

"When you get the shit kicked out of you, you don't leave gashes and shit unbandaged. You fix yourself..." He mumbled the end off a bit, before pacing a bit for a few minutes.

Psh, bandages? They cost too much. Besides, I didn't really care what happened to me. Like I've said previously, I don't really care about anything anymore. He stopped pacing and looked at me for a moment, before shouting out in frusteration.

"And stop with that God damn blank look at a time like this, it pisses me off damnit!"

Thud.

I hadn't even processed what happened until I seen the knife in the wall, and his arm rised. I shrunk a bit. I didn't have a good history with knives, you see...

You'll find out later.

Woo. Cliffhanger. Luckily for you, I'm rapid uploading right now. No wait for you!
Copyright © 2011 Zannen; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..