Jump to content
    Zannen
  • Author
  • 1,623 Words
  • 870 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Underneath This Skin - 5. Fucking Break Me

Intense.

Least to say, I was fucking terrified. I jumped about five feet in the air, and backed away from him the fastest I could. I didn't care how much it hurt, I needed to get away from that. That... knife. I shuttered slightly.

I guess I must have looking scared shitless, because he kept looking back and forth from me to the knife. I started rummaging around in my pocket for the handy notepad I kept in there, somewhere in the mass of cargo pants. Pulling it out, managed to shakily right him a message. I hoped to God it was legible. Somewhat. I was hyperventhilating some as I literally threw the notepad at him.

'Get it away from me.'

He raised his eyebrows as he read it, before removing the knife from the wall. And shoving it in it's small sheath on his belt. I visibally relaxed. I fucking hated those things. With a passion. Just as he had managed to shove it in his pocket, I heard a slam of the back door, and loud voices echoing down the hall. After a few moments three men entered the room. I was still in the corner, covered in fucking bandages. Least to say, I felt like an idiot. The all looked at me, before one chuckled his was around the same height as the redheaded dude.

"Hey boss, I know we do some bad shit... But isn't kidnapping from the hospital a little low, even for us?" He asked, shaking his head. I stared blankly ahead, once more. This guy said the redhead was his boss. Also mentioned doing bad shit...

What the fuck had I gotten myself into?

The redhead shook his head, and snarled. "Get out." He growled. A frightened look appeared upon all three of the men's faces, before they scattered from the room. The one that had spoken gave me a sympathetic glance, before leaving as well.

I swallowed. Hard.

I looked away from the door in time to see the redhead now a foot away from me, glaring down at me.

Trying to fucking laser beam me with his eyes, was more like it.

I managed to keep me blank stare/frown upon my face. He crouched down to my level, looking into my eyes. I focused on the floor beside up, before I felt my chin being grasped. My eyes quickly darted back up to his. His eyes were the brightest green I'd ever seen, to say the least. I shivered, causing him to chuckle some. He grinned down at me, amused.

"What is your name, kid?" He spoke. I never noticed how deep and rough his voice was until that moment. I was staring at his mouth while he spoke. His mouth was oddly... sensual. I mentally smacked myself. He's a guy. Snap out of it, self. I willed my eyes back to his, and found them creased slightly. I then realized he was glaring at me. This time I really did snap out of it.

"I asked you a question." He grinded out, before sighing loudly. "What is your name?"

I stared at him blankly for a second. Before pointing to my throat, and shaking my head. I might as well communicate, it didn't look like I was going to get of here and back to school if I didn't.

"Well, isn't that interesting. No wonder why you didn't answer the stupid fucking jocks." I tilted my head. Jocks? What the hell did that mean? He sighed some, before speaking again. "Stay right here. And if you try to fucking get out of here... you don't want to know what will happen to you." He threatened. I didn't really care. I didn't care about anything anymore. If he killed me, it'd be a fucking relief.

So as he left the room, I snuck out the other door connected to it, that the others had come in from before. It was the backdoor, and I knew it. I snuck down the hallway, and made my way to the door. As soon as I was before it, I slowly opened it, without making a sound.

Oh hell yes, I was fucking James Bond. I inwardly grinned as I slipped out the door, and began to limp back to the closest main road I could find, before making my way back to school. It was now lunch time.

The day continued without incident. I slipped through the side door of the school, after school, and began walking in a completely different direction than my home, in case anyone was following. It was my usual journey. I hadn't done it the day before because I was so fucking injured I woke up in a God damn alleyway. Looping around, I made a wide circle out of the city streets before I approached my apartment. My leg was hurting really badly from the excercise. I cautiously made my way up the stairs before opening my apartment door quietly, looking around. I sighed.

If I was going to die, I didn't want it to be by them.

I flopped down on my sleeping blanket, and stared at the ceiling above me for a few hours, blankly. I was physically and mentally exhausted. I usually stayed away from people, as much as I possibly could. But as soon as I enrolled in the hell entitled high school, I'd interracted with more people then I could possibly remember in the last five years. The anniversary was coming up... I shook my head. I didn't want to think about that.

I checked my watch, before heading out. I might as well stop by the river side to do my laundry before going to work. I had decided the water bill would be too much. Good thing I lived in Florida instead of those damn cold states. This way I could have my clothes dried and back on my body, without a dryer, before going to work. And all in five hours time.

I walked to the city's outskirts, which luckily wasn't that far. It only took about two hours.

Sadly though. I didn't notice anyone following me.

As I approached the river, I slipped off my shoes, before stepping in the clear water. This river was always clear. I didn't know why, but it was. The cool water felt good against my sore, bruised feet.

And don't ask me how my feet got bruised. I don't fucking understand either.

I was about to remove my shirt, before I heard crackling in the bushes. I stared at the spot, inwardly glaring. I wished I could muster up the willpower to do so outwardly, but I couldn't be assed. So, staring at the spot, I watched as a figure emerged. I immediately recognized the individual with fiery red hair.

See, anyone with at least a little sense of self preservation would have ran at this point, but I didn't. I didn't really care. Maybe I'd get lucky and he'd grab one of the many rocks around us and bash me over the head until I bled out. Or maybe he'd drown me. Snap my neck. The possibility of near death gave me shivers... of excitement.

Dear God, I was so fucked in the head.

He growled some, before lunging out at me. I didn't even try to evade the attack. I just let him grab me. My eye twitched slightly, revealing to anyone who understood me (which no one really did), that I was in pain. He had grabbed my bruised arms harshly. I inwardly flinched, preparing myself for pain. None came. He was just... looking at me. So I looked back. After a while, he just sighed.

And get this, his pulled me against him.

Yeah, it freaked me out too. Not that I would show it... you know. HA. Not really funny, but anyway.

He wrapped his arms around my injured back and leant my chin over his shoulder. I was so fucking confused. No one had did this before. No one. I didn't know what to do. So I just stood there, like an idiot, arms limp at my side.

"Don't you know who I am?" he said softly into my ear. I shuddered inwardly. It made me sick, the physical closeness. And not because I hated it, either.

It made me sick because I enjoyed it immensely.

I didn't know who the guy was, and frankly, I didn't care. The only thing I cared about was how he managed to get through my invisible fortress of emotions and actually make me feel something again. And what I felt now, was disgusted with myself.

I shouldn't allow anyone near me. I was sick, disgusting; a monster. I only caused hardships for the world around me.

I took a deep breath, trying to will the feelings back into the corner of my mind. The corner they had resided in for the last few years.

"I'm Damon Veil." He said into my ear again, nipping at it slightly. I shuddered outwardly. I didn't know what was happening. I didn't want to. I just wanted to go back to the way I was before. His name meant nothing to me. I just wanted to say I didn't care. I shrugged my shoulders slightly. I didn't care about respect or disrespect. I just wanted him to get mad at me. He was a bad man, and did bad things. I could understand at least that much from the looks he got around the school I had been attending for the last two days, and when he had taken me to that old bar. I just hoped he was bad enough to kill me.

With malice.

La la la.~
Copyright © 2011 Zannen; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..