Site Terms & Rules
- Children under the age of thirteen (13) are not permitted to register at Gay Authors. If you are under thirteen years old, please do not complete the registration process. By clicking on the "Register" button, you are certifying that you are at least thirteen (13) years old, and that your participation here does not violate the laws of the location where you live.
- NOTE: NEW MEMBERS MUST CLICK THE LINK IN THE VALIDATION EMAIL. IF YOU DO NOT SUPPLY A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AT REGISTRATION YOU WILL NOT GET THE VALIDATION NOTICE AND WILL NOT BE APPROVED FOR MEMBERSHIP
Please take a moment to review the rules detailed below. By clicking "Register" to complete this registration, you are accepting these terms without demurrer, exception or reservation.
- If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.
- Please remember that Gay Authors is not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. We urge you to verify, from an independent source of your own choosing, any and all information you may find or infer from what is seen here on Gay Authors.
- The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of Gay Authors. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email or PM or "Report" function. We have the ability and the right to remove objectionable messages, and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this message board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, compromises the privacy of any other registered member of Gay Authors, or is otherwise violative of any law. Any person who posts such material may be sanctioned or banned from the site, at our option.
- In addition, if Gay Authors reasonably believes that any member has committed a violation of state or federal laws through or in connection with his/her membership at Gay Authors or his/her participation on part of Gay Authors including social media accounts, Gay Authors will report same to the appropriate law enforcement authorities and other services as deemed necessary.
- By posting messages, uploading files, or otherwise providing any material for display in the Gay Authors Forums, you are representing that you are the owner of the copyright for the material, or are making your submission with the express consent of the owner of that copyright unless that material is in the public domain.
In addition, when you post a message, upload a file, or otherwise provide us with material for display on the Gay Authors website, you are granting Gay Authors and CDEJR Web Services, LLC and its successors, a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
- Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform, publish or display all such material in any medium or venue or publication, printed or electronic, which medium may or may not exist at this time and without further compensation or attribution, unless otherwise explicitly marked.
- You are also granting Gay Authors and CDEJR Web Services, LLC, its assigns, subsidiaries, owners, parent company, and heirs, the unrestricted, royalty-free right to give, rent, sell or otherwise provide a sublicense to third parties with respect to the materials.
- The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
- The above applies to any material posted on the entire website, except for material posted in the Stories archive software used to display stories on Gay Authors.
- All rights (including copyright) to original written works posted by members in the Stories Archive area of the site are retained by the respective authors, unless other agreement is made between the author and Gay Authors.
You agree to receive email from time to time from this site. The first will be email confirmation of registration.
- Your account may be terminated for cause if you report emails from Gay Authors as spam.
- You must disclose in your signature if you are an active agent of a political party or other political organization that would be subject to campaign finance laws.
- Gay Authors will be governed by the posted privacy and site guidelines that can be found linked from all pages. https://www.gayauthors.org/guidelines/
This agreement was updated on April 8, 2018, to reflect updates and clarifications to site policy.