MOONLIGHT

Jack Scribe

Had a chance to watch the premier episode of Moonlight - Friday, CBS, 9:00 p.m. EDT/PDT. This is a comtemporary twist without garlic, flashing crosses, stakes in the heart, etc. Aussie actor Alex O'Loughlin plays Mick St. John (a private investigator), a victim of the vampire curse who has used his otherwise evil powers for good. He has a vampire friend (rich, overbearing snot) - Jason Dohring - who I found rather annoying but is nice eye candy.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to more episodes. Joel Silver is the producer (Matrix movie, etc) and the show has a quality look. Hope the writers can produce quality scripts. It has the potential to be a breakout hit.

Here's a link to the CBS/Moonlight site. Scroll down and you can watch last night's show in it's entirety.

Jack B)

I noticed that there's a link at the bottom for viewing the whole show! Is this standard now? I mean can people usually watch entire episodes of network series on their websites?

If so that would be pretty cool and I might just start doing it, if not I'd hate to watch the first episode, get hooked, and then find myself unable to see more.

Have a great day all!

Kevin

I noticed that there's a link at the bottom for viewing the whole show! Is this standard now? I mean can people usually watch entire episodes of network series on their websites?

I became aware of this trend last season. Don't know about CW, but the other nets make the top shows available on their sites after broadcast. Just another indication at how important the Internet has become to sell other media formats.

Some trend forcasters suggest that there may not be many newpapers in print in another five years. Only their Internet editions. And the recording industry is in a tailspin.

Jack B)

Well considering I've already quit reading newspapers and watching television in favour of spending my free time on the internet, I guess it would just come down to whether or not I wanted to re-inject them into my daily life. I already do read quit a few news articles online, and I frequently watch clips, movie videos, and even whole episodes of shows I've downloaded. So I suppose in many ways I already have. On the other hand one of the appeals of turning to the internet was to get away from these things. I no longer wanted to spend my time sitting around watching TV, and I prefer not to know the daily details of what's going on in the news (I do read a few weekly and monthly news publications, but I just don't need daily news, that's far too much for me).

LOL, I guess I just can't get away from these things.

-Kevin