Windows 7

Emulated

Yeah, Vista 64bit. Works like a dream to be fair. Though a far cry from when it first came out! :lol:

Whenever I used XP it was soooo slow compared to Vista, but nothing I have now is reliant on me still having it in my system.

Yeah, the first thing I noticed between XP and Win7 was the speed. Not just the boot speed, but the general speed of the OS.

I dunno. I still think that my next computer will be a Mac. With Win7 as a VM.

I vmwared it :lol:

What else

Better safe than sorry. :P

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's not off to a good start. The copy I downloaded is corrupted! :lol: Just will not complete the installation at all. So just waiting for the new download to finish. At this rate I won't have any DVD-RW discs left! :P

Well, it's not off to a good start. The copy I downloaded is corrupted! :lol: Just will not complete the installation at all. So just waiting for the new download to finish. At this rate I won't have any DVD-RW discs left! :P

Hehehe, you are having the WORST luck with Win7! :lol:

Stick to your tried & tested Vista x64!

Hehehe, you are having the WORST luck with Win7! :lol:

Stick to your tried & tested Vista x64!

I am sticking to Vista, damned if it would load. Got to the final part of installation & kept freezing.....perhaps it's an omen! :lol:

I am sticking to Vista, damned if it would load. Got to the final part of installation & kept freezing.....perhaps it's an omen! :lol:

If anyone else had that much trouble with installation I wouldn't believe them, but it's clear that Windows 7 does not like Sir Galahad! :P

Perhaps you should stick to Vista. For your sake. :lol:

Yes, an omen. Stay clear and backup immediately, just in case it attempts to sabotage your computer!

If anyone else had that much trouble with installation I wouldn't believe them, but it's clear that Windows 7 does not like Sir Galahad! :P

Perhaps you should stick to Vista. For your sake. :lol:

Yes, an omen. Stay clear and backup immediately, just in case it attempts to sabotage your computer!

Is he brave enough to try vista sp3?

I have on my other laptop - needed to rebuild OS it anyway and make a full backup

Going by some of the threads on the MSN forum, you're not alone. There does seem to be a problem with Windows 7 and some Vista built machines! The problems just keep on coming for Microsoft; I can just imagine service pack 1 being released 2 months after Win 7's official launch. One day they might just get it right!!! :wacko: