Pancakes!

Aeroplane

Glass = ridiculiously expensive and for tourists only.

Can = cheap. (I got a can of organic kind for $4 a couple weeks ago... JACKPOT!)

And I'll never forget how many cans I have. It's an obsession. :P

How much are those cans?? I mean is it like a quart/liter? If so I would love to order them if possible, your right I only get that 'corn' based shi_!

About $7-$10 CAN ($5.60-$8.00 US) depending on grade (each grade has a different colour and sugar content). Oh the can size is about 540 ml (close to an half of quart).

Get it in a glass for the same amount, you could be looking at $15-$20 ($12-$16 USD). As I said... they're for tourists because the glass often comes in a maple leaf shape.

Anyway, order them now. It's sugaring season and maple syrup is following out of the trees right now. :)

Pancakes with Grade B maple syrup--maple syrup is graded upside down from the days when people wanted it to taste like cane sugar rather than maple, so Grade B is more mapley than Grade A.

And I add cardamom and sometimes cinnamon to the batter when I make my own from scratch.

--Rigel

Can you eat it straight from the trees? Is that a really stupid question?

Maple sap needs to be concentrated into syrup by boiling it down and evaporating most of the water away. It takes something like 40 units of sap to make 1 unit of syrup.

--Rigel

Can you eat it straight from the trees? Is that a really stupid question?

I wouldn't bother. Mostly you'll be tasting just water.

"Drink" would be a better time. It's not really eatable until you boil almost all of the water out (as a result... you get hard candies).

If you want to see Canada someday and if you really like maple syrup, come around during March and April for the sugaring season in Quebec. Many Quebeckers would go to the countryside to visit a "cabane

Edited by Jack Frost