CBS Soaps are Gaytastic!

Tiger

Many have heard of Luke and Noah on As the World Turns. By the way, they just moved in together! Then, there's a much more complex relationship on Guiding Light involving two women who are normally straight but fell in love. They, of course, are Olivia Spencer and Natalia Rivera. Yes, lesbians count! I don't get lesbians, but they're still gay. Also, there is a foreseeable gay relationship on The Young and the Restless. As it turns out, Philip Chancellor III is back and out of the closet. There is another gay character, who happens to be in a love triangle. His name is Rafe Torres. Rafe is currently in a love triangle with Adam and Heather. But this relationship is so not going to work for Rafe, and he needs Philip's shoulder to cry upon. :D

The one saddening thing is that there is not yet a foreseeable gay relationship in The Bold and The Beautiful. :(

Edited by Tiger

Many have heard of Luke and Noah on As the World Turns. By the way, they just moved in together! Then, there's a much more complex relationship on Guiding Light involving two women who are normally straight but fell in love. They, of course, are Olivia Spencer and Natalia Rivera. Yes, lesbians count! I don't get lesbians, but they're still gay. Also, there is a foreseeable gay relationship on The Young and the Restless. As it turns out, Philip Chancellor III is back and out of the closet. There is another gay character, who happens to be in a love triangle. His name is Rafe Torres. Rafe is currently in a love triangle with Adam and Heather. But this relationship is so not going to work for Rafe, and he needs Philip's shoulder to cry upon. biggrin.gif

The one saddening thing is that there is not yet a foreseeable gay relationship in The Bold and The Beautiful. sad.gif

thanks for this info.

I followed Luke and Noah until they exhausted my patience with the "waiting until the time is right" moment. In the meantime every het couple was shagging like they were on a soap opera...(oh, wait, never mind)

anyway I might give the Y&TR a go, funny thing my mom watches that one religiously. Wonder if she'll have anything to say about the gay story line? she's had over 30 years to get used to my gay story line in our family king.gif

I've kept up with Luke and Noah peripherally, through youtube, still think they're a hot couple but the writing on that show...I'm surprised some of the actors don't just burst out laughing (IMO, it is bad writing, uninspired, rehashed stuff.)

Although, I sympathize with them to some extent, they have to be creative while appeasing the suits and the audience. An audience that can sometimes be vocal about pushing "limits."

again thanks for the info, I was wondering if the gay themes would pick up since the Luke and Noah storyline seemed to generate publicity and high ratings...