The Hurt Locker

Jack Scribe

The Hurt Locker, starring Jeremy Renner and Anthony Mackie, is slowly rolling out from limited release. It has received an incredible 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and will make the top 10 lists at the end of the year. This may be the first Iraq War-themed film to be successful at the box office and has the potential for some Oscar nominations. Check out the film's website: http://thehurtlocker-movie.com/

Two big film stars play small character roles; one of whom gets creamed in the opening moments. I was very impressed with Jeremy Renner. Aside from being a certifiable hot dude, Renner's acting is superb. Same with Mackie. See it!

I agree, Jack. This is a very impressive film, the best war film I've ever seen (despite that at my age I haven't seen all that many war films). While I was watching it there were times I had to remind myself to breathe. As Jack says, "See it!"

Colin B)

As I understand it, this movie has to do with EOD? I admit to being interested, but I'm not wild about seeing people be blown up in loud and particularly graphic ways (like, the whole opening D-Day shots for Saving Private Ryan were really far too intense). So, honestly, would it be a good idea to give this one a pass?

As I understand it, this movie has to do with EOD? I admit to being interested, but I'm not wild about seeing people be blown up in loud and particularly graphic ways (like, the whole opening D-Day shots for Saving Private Ryan were really far too intense). So, honestly, would it be a good idea to give this one a pass?

EOD - Explosive Ordnance Disposal - is the subject, but it's more about the interactions between the soldiers. There is one scene of a character being blown up BUT it's not a gory, graphic depictation. The soldier is wearing safety gear - but obviously not that safe if you're too close. Here's a synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hurt_locker/

I admit, after watching the movie, I didn't know what to think of it. It's a very well made movie, and I feel like I'll really enjoy it the second time around.

That one scene, where the guys are punching each other...So much homoerotic tension that I was half expecting all three of them to start ripping each others' clothes off.