Crusade in Jeans

hh5

Its about a 15 yo boy named Dolf Vega who lost his team the chance to go for the Junior Football European Cup.

He decides to go back to relive that event by using his mother's companies prototype Time Machine.

He accidents lands himself in the year 1212.

The movie was made in 2006. I missed this movie even though the usa release was in 2007 (dvd).

( Found it by accident and learn it was very popular in europe. They even made a musical stage play of it. )

Its best to watch the european version because the american version cuts a half hour off the film.

I believe it has english and dutch or other language. Most of the actors are UK so it was done in english.

My first thinking in reading the short summary. Another King Arthur Kid in CT type movie.

But really it wasn't about that kind of Kingdom. It was about the peaceful crusade led by children that tried to achieve something that the adults had failure in serving god in the 13th century.

To understand the actual story, below is

http://en.wikipedia....ren%27s_Crusade

http://www.historygu...t/children.html

http://www.fordham.e.../1212pueri.html

http://www.historyle...ens_crusade.htm

The actual debate is that did it really involved children or really just the mid-teens children.

The other issues involve that some children are in their own form of slavery and yet

the father of Nicolas was involved in selling some of the children into slavery for the

furthering of the cause. The evils to justify the cause of spreading Christianity.

Well then comes in Dolf Vega bringing in 21st Century Ideals and coming of age into the year 1212.

Risking his life and donating his efforts to the caring for the survival of the children

but unknowing being used as a pawn by Nicolas father.

Crusade in Jeans wasn't about kings and queens or the dukes or the Robbin hoods.

Its about the suffering in the middle ages especially the children. Making a journey

for a cause of certain death without the aid of medicine, survial training, the luxury of food.

My new internet friend said yeah it was a time that needed religion but really now a days you don't need religion.

Religion then really causes a lot of trouble. To me its like another faction like royalty and feudalism trying to

survive those hard times and to rule the world in the name of god.

But until we give up ruling the world or really ruining the world maybe then we would not need religion.

I told my friend we'll always need religion. Many people aren't science types. Some need social guidence.

So really religion is its own kind of social networking group. Reminds many of us about the caring of others.

Would we really care about people if religion wasn;t around?

But because of Dolf. many of the caused learned about survial and other things.

The movie ends but never really shows us making it all the way to Jerusalem.

One would wonder what if the Children's Crusade be successful. How would that change history?

Well not enough to not return back to 2005.

The actor "Johnny Flynn" (the star of the movie Dolf Vega) is actually a folk singer and shakespeare type actor.

The funny thing is he's 23 and yet to play the part of the 15 yo.

Like can't you find actual dutch 15 yo football players that look 23 yo??

His folk singing brings back the style of music that's been ignored for years since popular music came about.

Telling stories in music much like chauser and yeats etc ...

Because of his unique upbringing into music and acting he won the part of this film.

The story is by Thea Beckman a dutch children and teenage book writer of the 70s

You could call her the JK Rowling of her time but it wasn't centered around Wizards.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read the book, and it's very good. I never watched the movie, but my brother did and he said that the book is actually better. Thea Beckman is a good writer, I've read several of her books. Crusade in Jeans is recommendable.

I read comments that the English version of the book doesn't do it justice - the dutch version is better.

As Thea gets indirect popularity by her books to movies -> then I guess more of her books will produce English version.blink.gif

I read comments that the English version of the book doesn't do it justice - the dutch version is better.

As Thea gets indirect popularity by her books to movies -> then I guess more of her books will produce English version.blink.gif

That wouldn't be a bad thing.