partially dyslectic

Kia Zi Shiru

So yeah,.... I'm sitting in class right now. It's a Dutch extra class... meaning I failed on my test a couple of weeks back..... What the F you know?

I finished these classes back in feb all with at least 7/10 .... so I don't get how I failed it this time...

Next Monday I'll be able to see my corrected test but it still sucks.... I don't wanna be here and she keeps telling the same thing that I've heard for so damn many years, I could almost give this class myself... (and they might pay more attention to me cause this teacher is hideous and the class is full if guys :P )

Thing is... I know I'm partially dyslectic, in Dutch I usually can't decipher between double tones.... Which makes writing texts and stuff really hard..... but somehow I'm not dyslectic enough.... meh...

Anyway, my English is a lot better and I've never had to redo any tests or anything for english....

So I was wondering if others have had the same experience? That their English (or any other language that is not their mother language) is better than their mother language....

So yeah,.... I'm sitting in class right now. It's a Dutch extra class... meaning I failed on my test a couple of weeks back..... What the F you know?

I finished these classes back in feb all with at least 7/10 .... so I don't get how I failed it this time...

Next Monday I'll be able to see my corrected test but it still sucks.... I don't wanna be here and she keeps telling the same thing that I've heard for so damn many years, I could almost give this class myself... (and they might pay more attention to me cause this teacher is hideous and the class is full if guys tongue.gif )

Thing is... I know I'm partially dyslectic, in Dutch I usually can't decipher between double tones.... Which makes writing texts and stuff really hard..... but somehow I'm not dyslectic enough.... meh...

Anyway, my English is a lot better and I've never had to redo any tests or anything for english....

So I was wondering if others have had the same experience? That their English (or any other language that is not their mother language) is better than their mother language....

No, but I find it easier to write and speak Welsh sometimes... even though I am not fluent... as Welsh is an entirely phoenetic language and doesn't have all the strange spellings that English does.

...... I know I'm partially dyslectic, in Dutch I usually can't decipher between double tones.... ......

I understand some "Dutch" and I feel for you.

I am partially dyslectic, and it took me 5 attempts to get basic english exam, where English Literature I passed with Top Marks first time.

Dyslectic There are many types under this heading, mine allows me to ignore the detail and understand the whole. The result is that I can understand foreign languages but not able to speak, so that I can understand Welsh, "Dutch", French and German, much better than any of my peers, but cannot ask for a cup of tea in any foreign language. The same goes for the written word!

My suggestion would be to concertrate on your abilities and find other means for your problems.(my cheats are spell checkers and cut and paste.)

Sure understand dyslexia...had it, still have it, but have finally figured out that "garbage" isn't "derbis" but "debris." Not being a ployglot, I can't say anything about dealing with more than one language, except "good luck."

I understand some "Dutch" and I feel for you.

I am partially dyslectic, and it took me 5 attempts to get basic english exam, where English Literature I passed with Top Marks first time.

Dyslectic There are many types under this heading, mine allows me to ignore the detail and understand the whole. The result is that I can understand foreign languages but not able to speak, so that I can understand Welsh, "Dutch", French and German, much better than any of my peers, but cannot ask for a cup of tea in any foreign language. The same goes for the written word!

My suggestion would be to concertrate on your abilities and find other means for your problems.(my cheats are spell checkers and cut and paste.)

Ga I cwpaned o de os gwelwch yn dda

Sure understand dyslexia...had it, still have it, but have finally figured out that "garbage" isn't "derbis" but "debris." Not being a ployglot, I can't say anything about dealing with more than one language, except "good luck."

my brother has the problem where he will see a word but think it is something else entirely. He will see the shape - the length and the letter that it ends and begins with and somehow distort what it is. he told me he did that once in a physics class where he had to read something from the board and changed the word drastically, twice. he really struggles with written stuff.

while another friend can't spell at all. and writes words backwards, or the letters backwards, I can't remember now.

I hope you get through it :)

I'm hopeless at languages, my memory is shit.

celia

--- if they don't treat you right though and take it into consideration here though you are protected under the disability act, and they can be done for discrimination. my dad was boiling once about a teacher of my brothers and was threatening to me that he would go after him if the guy didn't get his act together. my brother did well regardless of the prick though :)

Edited by Smarties

My son is dyslexic. He is almost nine and can't read at all. He is, however, extremely good at maths... except where it requires reading skills. He is by no mean dull His mind is like quicksilver and he is the most creative and imaginative person I know. He astounds me every day. However the school is not very good at dealing with children like him. They like to categorize too much and they can't 'help' him until they have 'labelled' him and they can't 'label' him because they think that it is wrong to label young children and so therefore he has only just this term started having the help he needs because apparently he is now old enough to be labelled and therefore get the help when he is so far behind it is taking a hell of a lot of work to catch up. You all know what I feel about labels... but honestly!!!