Sports Rivalries

methodwriter85

So, this a comic web series called Pittsburgh Dad. These three episodes pokes fun at the Steelers/Ravens rivalry. This is a rivalry I had no clue about until I moved to Western P.A. for two years. Wearing a Flacco sweatshirt wasn't entirely welcome there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_688366&feature=iv&src_vid=ORW_ZP3xEIA&v=eJqVZyNlE0E

I don't know if you've ever been around Pittsburgh people, but this nails it. Pittsburgh sports fans are incredibly loyal to their sports teams. Like, in Philly, you'll get people who are Eagles fans, but aren't Phillies fans. Or vice versa. In Pittsburgh, you have to be a Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates fan. There's no deviation there. It's a down-the-line loyalty.

I remember I would go to this bar...I told the bartender that the Ravens lose if I watch the entire game...he joked that he'd get me a NFL Network pass so I'd never miss a game again. I also got some crap from a Browns fan about my Flacco fanboy stuff.

Any funny stories, pictures, or videos that poke fun at rivalries that you've witnessed?

Edited by methodwriter85

As a Boston fan, there is one team I truly hate with all my heart. No, its not the Yankees, Jets, or Giants. Its the Montreal Canadiens. Good thing we tend to embarrass them when they come to the Garden.

• 2 weeks later...

:o Absolutely not!!! Tho I will say that him and Lucic do play a little too dirty

They play tough, not dirty. They are a throw back to the old school players who weren't whiners and pussies like many of the superstars these days. *cough* Crosby *cough*

They play tough, not dirty. They are a throw back to the old school players who weren't whiners and pussies like many of the superstars these days. *cough* Crosby *cough*

In all cases, you always have that great feeling when your favourite wins over one of their rivalries opponent *cough* 4-3 Habs against bruins *cough*

In all cases, you always have that great feeling when your favourite wins over one of their rivalries opponent *cough* 4-3 Habs against bruins *cough*

Yeah, but Chara and Lucic made fools out of the guys who tried to pick fights with them last night (can't remember who exactly). Besides, on a game for game level, we're still the better team points wise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but Chara and Lucic made fools out of the guys who tried to pick fights with them last night (can't remember who exactly). Besides, on a game for game level, we're still the better team points wise. 

The better team points wise? When I looked this morning, I still see mtl 2nd in the eastern in front of the Big Bad Bruins :P

oops

I will admit on this one that it was a great 2 goals night for Bouillon. Just a shame that one of them was in his own net.... But I guess he had a good teacher in his GM... Bergevin. 

In all cases, I can't wait for next season and have Detroit in the east. Mtl vs Detroit games are always good.

The better team points wise? When I looked this morning, I still see mtl 2nd in the eastern in front of the Big Bad Bruins :P

As of right now, the Bruins are 20-6-3 (so basically 20-9), with 43 points and 29 games played, with a +23 goal differential. 

For Montreal , they are 20-5-5 (basically 20-10), with 45 points and 30 games played, with a +22 goal differential.

So basically they are tied. Although its a joke that Winnipeg is in 3rd in the conference with only 34 points just because they lead a pathetically weak division.

[...]

So basically they are tied. Although its a joke that Winnipeg is in 3rd in the conference with only 34 points just because they lead a pathetically weak division.

We will agree on that, no offence to my winnipeg friends, they shouldn't be 3rd.

We will agree on that, no offence to my winnipeg friends, they shouldn't be 3rd.

Yeah, I hate how division leaders automatically get a top 3 seed. If it went strictly by points, Winnipeg would be at the bottom of the cutoff at like 6th or 7th.