Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Chatter Box

Renee Stevens

This is what I just read Hunter:

i remember reading about things like this in psychology... These cuts are self inflicted during sleep, that is if you defenitley didn't have them before you went to bed and just didn't notice...

It can be caused by a number of things; the most common being the following:

1. You were simply lying in an odd way during your sleep for a long period of time putting these marks on your body or rolling about it ur sleep your skin has scratched off the matress.

2. Your body becomes uncomfortable on the mattress your are sleeping on, become itchy for instance, so your brain autmatically reacts in your sleep by scratching, damaging the skin, in that way.

3. During a nightmare your brain struggles to differentiate sleep from conciousness and reacts in the real world to something going on in your sleep, for instance your getting chases by someone(the typical nightmare) and u get cornered, your body in the real world may automatically hold onto itself for protection out of confusion.

i hope this helps you understand why this might be happening! :)

Source(s): 1 year of psychology in high school, 1 year of psychology in university. :)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

3. During a nightmare your brain struggles to differentiate sleep from conciousness and reacts in the real world to something going on in your sleep, for instance your getting chases by someone(the typical nightmare) and u get cornered, your body in the real world may automatically hold onto itself for protection out of confusion.

I know for certain my body does this because I sometimes feel myself re-enacting my recurring dream of falling down a flight of stairs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunter Thomson said:

I know for certain my body does this because I sometimes feel myself re-enacting my recurring dream of falling down a flight of stairs.

I honestly think that's what's happening. If you don't want to use socks, you could get some thin gloves, just make sure they're not scratchy and they're thick enough not to scratch through.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunter Thomson said:

You also told me about your dream last night, and this would make sense in this context. :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hunter Thomson said:

Does anyone have any fun summer plans? 

Volunteering, teaching dance, and maybe a trip or two :) one to Ohio and one to Missouri

• Like 2

Just now, Renee Stevens said:

and then in October I get to go to GRL as a supporting author! I'm super excited about that.

It sounds like soooo much fun ^_^ @Hunter Thomson is actually going to Denver this month :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Hunter Thomson said:

Small world! @Renee Stevens I'm going to Denver on the 15th for an LGBTQ athletes conference.

So many gay males...

@Mikie SHHHH, I ALREADY PROMISED TO BEHAVE!

I think you'd have more fun if you misbehaved xD :gikkle::X 

• Like 4