Sign in to follow this  
chessdude

A Knight To Remember - By ChessDude

Hi guys, I just wanted to create a discussion thread for my story A Knight To Remember.

It's a love story focused on a high school senior named Ian Ferri, who goes after the boy of his dreams, but has a hell of a hard time figuring out how to even find him, since he'd only ever seen him in an Instagram post one of his friends commented on... Hopefully you guys find the story funny and engaging.

I wanted to write a romance that FEELS like an adventure story, without all the crazy plots twists or wild storylines. Hopefully I'm accomplishing that.

This story was largely inspired by the following works:

1. Oh Radio Tell Me Everything You Know - Nifty
  2. Crosscurrents - GA
  3. How I Got Carter - GA

All three of those stories influenced my writing, and I hope - and feel strongly - that those of you that really like those books, will like mine as well. Anyway, hopefully some of you guys have comments/questions/concerns or perhaps just want to vent about one of the characters. I'd be happy to hear it all.

Edited by chessdude
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Thorn Wilde
      Playlist (YouTube)

Playlist (YouTube)

Playlist (YouTube)

Alan
      Matt
      Craig

Hubris reading order:
      Alan - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Because I Want You.
      Matt - between chapters 4 and 5 of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die.
      Craig - after chapter 8 of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die.
      Alan & Matt - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die.
      Patrick - after chapter 12 of Nemesis: Loud Like Love.
      Devon - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Loud Like Love (can well be read before the epilogue). 
    • By lomax61
      This is a story forum for readers of my new story Kissing the Dragon (which I hope to build into a larger body of work going forward) to discuss themes and topics of the story. For those of you who may have found their way to this thread accidentally and not yet seen the story:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/lomax61/kissingthedragon

Although this story has a very strong romantic theme, the genre is mystery/thriller in the mold of good old whodunits. The protagonist is a history teacher at a reputable boys school, and the setting is largely suburban London. Once again this a story about a person's emotional growth, this time against a backdrop of mystery when a seemingly normal and uneventful existence is turned upside down over one weekend by a tragedy close to home.

So a message to all of you who enjoyed Uninvited Guest and those who decide to join the ride:

Keep Looking For Clues.

Brian

• By MrM
      Here is an interesting article about the issue of being a ‘nerd’ in Middle and High School. It mostly focuses on ‘smart’ kids, but I suspect this holds partially true to Gay kids too.

http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html
    • By Ron
      In an article in the Boston Globe, Meredith Goldstein a Globe advice columnist (Love Letters) reveals that she is a big romance novel enthusiast. For someone who writes about love and gives advice, it is perhaps a no-brainer that such a columnist would be into romance novels. But there is a caveat, Ms. Goldstein does not like romance stories based in the city in which she lives. She, in this case, unfortunately knows well the city of Boston. What some authors may think to be a sexy location... well, she does not see those locations quite the same way. I can see her point but I don't entirely buy into it. I live in Boston and I've written a short romance story set in the Boston/Cambridge area (Promise and Opportunity - written nearly four years ago) for a prompt and I think it works fine. Also, I wouldn't mind reading a gay romance short story/novel set in the small town where I grew up. Why not?

I would love to hear what your feelings are about romance stories set in your hometown. Can you just not get into it? Would it be a distraction from the pleasure of reading? Will you read just to see if you can gain some juicy gossip? Are you disappointed that no one has ever written a romance novel set in your hometown?

What do you think?

Meredith Goldstein article.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..