battle of wills

the last few days I have been anoyed by a popup that would pop no mater what I was doing, I have no earthly idea where it came from or why I couldn't stop it. I used adaware and spybot and vareis other removel softwears but still couldn't get it removed.

so I finally did the drastic this morning. (cuse it's 2 am and I'm hot and getting pissed and that about the time I start yelling at the computer)

I opened msconfig and cleared ALL the startups and closed msconfig. now I already know my little spybot was a crafty bugger so I inteded to use that aginst it. I reopened msconfig right after closing it to see which one was smart enough to reset it's auto lanch. normaly no legal none spybot will EVER do this. well I found my bot... sorry pal you get points for effert but you was just too cleaver for your own good. now that I knew what program to kill. I took note of it's full name and path then changed the boot yet again, this time to the predetermined Diagnotic start up. I don't know if any of you have used this but it's the bar min for start up. drivers and operating system only.

however my crafty bot starts it's self up ANYWAY 0:) but I expected it by this point. however in diagnotic mode windows servises are not operational and that bit of code work was what was keeping the prosess on the tree every time I killed it. now when I killed the prosess by ctrl alt delete it couldtn't respon itself. I then whent to the path I had noted and deleated the file there. I then ran spybot and adaware to clean up any 'straglers' from the nasty little bugger. restored the normal boot proses sans the spybot. and bingo.

fw viper - 1

spy bot - 0

told you this wasent worth reading, I'm really just killing time till the air conditioning repare place is open so I can complain to them...