-
Posts
1,118 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Robert Hugill
-
After all, I don't think Julian is the type of guy to take a bloke home to me mother (and grandmother!) unless things have progressed somewhat!
-
Will happen in due course, don't worry!
-
Quite agree. Didn't manage to fit Gibbon in the list!
-
I was on tenterhooks all week. When Rupe pushed his face into mine and said “Well?”, I was able to laugh and say that I had nothing to report. Which was true in a way. Julian lived in Clapham, which in terms of distance isn’t far from Nunhead. But if you consider the cost of houses, the type of people living there and their economic reach, then the distance can’t be measure in miles. Wednesday he sent me a business-like message with his address—which was thoughtful, but a bit cold. The
- 8 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
-
Like previous stories, this one does weave in fragments of my own history - podcasting not that different from blogging and I had friends who were involved in executive coaching and so on.
-
The issue with Julian's ancestry will gradually unravel, of course, and don't worry we do get to meet Ma and Nana eventually. I only picked up on the ICE thing when it was too late, luckily it is not a big feature of the plot.
-
Behind & Between: Sir Malcolm Acaster Malcolm Acaster studied electronics at Manchester University, graduating in 1942 with a respectable but not astounding degree. In a reserved occupation, he did not serve in the forces. After the war he joined a small firm, International Electronics (later ICE: International Computer Electronics) and soon discovered his real talent: making companies work better and be more profitable. A board position at ICE led to further similar posts, with him
- 12 comments
-
- 20
-
-
-
-
As first days went, it hadn’t been bad: me, Rupe, and Julian looking after a motley crew from three different departments of Goodneson International. Following a major merger, what originally had been disparate, different companies were now one supposedly happy family. Or rather that was our job. We were running a Group Synergy Exercise—‘team building’ to you and me. Rupe, Julian and I were all from Talent Nurture, a training company that specialised in high-level clients—notably C-suite exe
- 9 comments
-
- 23
-
-
-
-
Ghosting a tell-all memoir about a millionaire-philanthropist & fighting with those seeking to whitewash his memory—comprehensive-school educated podcaster Oliver finds his life transformed after meeting public-school educated Julian. Wary of Julian at first, Oliver becomes drawn into his quirky, outspoken & artistic family as family, friends & relationships clash & intertwine all sorts of ways.
-
The estate agent had been eager to fix Brian and Gordon up with house viewings. Suspiciously so, on reflection. They had four properties lined up, two on Friday evening and two on Saturday afternoon. Friday evening, Toby was off to the cinema with mates from school. For reasons best known to themselves, the local cinema was showing the original Avatar, despite the film being 15 years old. Brian could remember going to see it when it was new. Now, perhaps, because it was made almost be
- 6 comments
-
- 28
-
-
-
-
“Have you been briefed about this? I am afraid it rather involves lots of naked men.” Beth laughed. “I wouldn’t worry. We’ve been dealing a lot with Iverson’s and their campaign involving local businessmen stripping down.” She didn’t say anything but gave a sly smile at Gordon and Brian. Maurice (Morrie) from Iverson’s was a good client of WebIdeal and Beth was highly familiar with his work and his desire to widely promote his new range of British made designer swimming gear and posing
- 6 comments
-
- 26
-
-
-
-
-
I have been sitting on this story for some time. It is not quite finished, so I thought I would do something different and start publishing the chapters on an ad hoc basis, alongside my other stories. (A new one to come next week).
-
Brian, Gordon, Toby, Russ et all are doing their damnedest to live their best lives. But fate has a habit of throwing them curved balls whether it is accusations of having naked orgies at work, more naked photos, teenage relationship difficulties and one pissed off drag queen, or simply trying to buy a new house that will suit their Found Family (or should that be Chosen Family?)
-
Mr Angry & Property Searching
Robert Hugill posted new chapter in Brian & Gordon: Doing their Damnedest
"He just came up to me, all normal like, and asked a question. Then without warning he grabbed me jock and ripped.” Arnie looked horrified, not so much by getting his jock ripped as by the unprovoked nature of attack. He then grinned. "So, gear's not up to standard boss, all my junk was hanging out for all to see." There was a general laugh around the table. "What did you do?" Arnie shrugged. "Well Warren and Olaf had the bloke under control, so I took the thing off and carri- 11 comments
-
- 27
-
-
-
-
Berlin and Dresden were amazing. We had a full day and more sightseeing in Berlin, which had proved a hectic 36 hours of almost constant walking. We stayed in the west part of the city and took the train into the centre. Neil took the train with great reluctance: he wanted to see and experience everything. But common sense kicked in when we realised quite how far everything was. As it was, we walked miles, and there was something about his eagerness and excitement that was catching. We
- 20 comments
-
- 32
-
-
-
-
Now that is one weird crossover!
-
Actually pen is about right, as most bits of the story start out by being written by hand in endless notebooks.
-
Featured Story: No going back by Robert Hugill
Robert Hugill commented on wildone's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Thanks! -
Brian, Gordon, Toby, Russ, Evie and Drew, plus of course Deirdre who moans!
- 19 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
As you can probably gather from this chapter, the story is winding to a close. We will say farewell to Alex and Neil in a final chapter which sees them at the festival in Dresden. But worry not, a new story is being edited at the moment and I will be bringing Brian, Gordon et al back for more adventures
- 19 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
-
The whole Christmas period actually was a blast. I spent the run up to the holidays juggling teaching, exams and performances, whilst Gar and Neil scrambled to finish orders in time. But Neil had come with me to some great performances—and as one of the pieces was a premiere as part of the Christmas Festival at St John’s Smith Square, Neil and I decided to splash out and have a meal in the restaurant in The Hall’s basement. I was tickled to have a piece in the Christmas Festival, which wa
- 19 comments
-
- 33
-
-
-
-
I think it quite funny coming in the top Romance list, as I've never thought of myself as writing romantic stories
-
Thanks, it is most heartening!
-
My mother (on whom Mother is partly based) and her sister were both dab hands with decorating!
- 19 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
“I’ve decided what you’re getting me for Christmas.” Mother had said this the other Sunday evening when Neil and I had dropped round for a cold supper, both of us having been busy working during the day. Neil had been at the studio, whilst I had had a rehearsal to attend—preparations for a Christmas concert featuring my music. Mother’s Christmas present often involved her dropping not insignificant hints, but this had been the first time she had been so direct. And as we learned, the co
- 19 comments
-
- 33
-
-
-
-
