Jump to content
    abbillion
  • Author
  • 3,499 Words
  • 1,483 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Royal - 1. Chapter 1

ALEC:

“You! How- how dare you! Stop this car immediately! STOP THIS CAR!!” Every word was perfectly spoken- even under the threat of kidnapping- as a member of the aristocracy it was implied. Even more so by a PRINCE! The black Rolls Royce sped away and I didn’t recognize my driver, Pearson, but saw a rather attractive blonde guy with light green eyes. He didn’t look that old. He was well built and hot-yes I noticed- but could not be more than nineteen years old.

“I apologize for having to do this Your Royal Highness-”

Cutting him off, I curtly replied: “It’s Your Serene Highness actually. The Royal would imply that I was an heir to a country, but I’m not.”

“I apologize Your SERENE Highness,” He said emphasizing the serene, “, but I had no other option. You see…” At that stage I zoned out.

My name is- His Serene Highness, Prince Alexander Phillip Nicolas Bannerman Rothschild de Lambert. Most people know me as Alec de Lambert. Papa was a prince and Mama came from a very wealthy family. Together they became the power couple of the town. Billionaire royals-- one would think that I would have had the perfect life. Unfortunately this was not the case. I am a sixteen year old boy. I have black hair and a pale skin color that I received from my Russian bloodline. Mama gave me the Rothschild pale grey eyes and her tiny and skinny frame that makes me look like a much younger kid. Apparently this was the reason for people always being over protective of me.

I should also mention that I’m clumsy, neurotic, emotionally unavailable, cold and a snob sometimes. These are words that my nanny’s have attributed to me as I grew up. Papa and Mama died when I was eight in a yachting accident that left me the richest young prince in the world. I stayed with Grandmamma. She is- Her Serene Highness, The Dowager Princess Alexandra Isabella Nicolai Bannerman de Lambert. She is Papa’s mother and has always been supportive of me.

Noticing the car come to a stop I immediately noticed that we were in the industrial part of town. Walking around the blonde guy opened the back door for me, but I was staring straight ahead with my nose in the air. I was wearing a black tuxedo as we, Grandmamma and I, had gone to see the Russian Ballet. We even had our own box and halfway threw I had felt sick and decided to go home. Grandmamma had said the she would see me later at the house.

“Your Highness?” Ignoring the man I kept looking forward when he reached in grabbed my arms and pulled me out of the car throwing me over his shoulder. I gasped indignantly and hit him repeatedly on the back half screaming: “Put me down! Put me down you impertinent bastard!” He threw me down on a very dodgy looking bed then cuffed my right wrist to the bedpost.

“W-w-what do y-y-you w-want?” I asked fearfully realizing for the first time that I may die. He didn’t answer me and walked outside locked the door and I think he must have parked the car inside so the police could not see it.

“My family is very rich. If you want money they’ll pay if you don’t harm me.” I said quivering with fear as he walked towards me.

Sitting down next to me he said: “My name is Edward McKenzie. I was hired to protect you at school. Recently your Grandmother has received threats against you and as I have a black belt in Karate and I’m only nineteen she hired me so that I may blend in at school for your protection.”

“Then why the hell did you kidnap me tonight!?” I half yelled at him.

“We received a tip that you may be kidnapped at the ballet and we didn’t have time to inform your grandmother so I just kidnapped you. She will be informed once she is home and then I will deliver you personally.”

“So you work for me?” I asked looking at him.

“Yes, in a way Your Highness.” He said looking pissed. I felt satisfaction that I was going to cut this cocky, handsome and much too arrogant boy right down to size!

“Well, then first remove the cuffs and secondly you are fired.” I was looking at him smugly with my “ice prince persona” in full force.

Getting up he walked to the door.

“What are you doing?” I asked looking at him dressed casually in ripped jeans and white T-Shirt. He really did have a reason for being so cocky. The veins on his muscles could be seen all the way from the moon. He had only a slight covering of hair. Not too much that was kinda sexy. WTF! What are you thinking Alec? He is an employee and he is obviously straight.

“Don’t ignore me!” I yelled out. Many psychiatrists say that I go mad when people ignore me, because my rich family didn’t give me enough attention. Even Grandmamma was always busy at functions and committees.

“Someone has daddy issues. Looks like you didn’t get enough love and attention as a child. You know what, Princess?” He was speaking calmly and quietly, “People like you are spoilt and pampered and I have gotten used to not getting into arguments with YOUR type.” He was casually lighting a cigarette while not even looking at me.

“You arrogant asshole! You know nothing- NOTHING- about me! You live a quiet and peaceful life. You don’t get hunted down by paparazzi when you are eight years old and your parents died. You don’t get threatening letters everyday of your life. You don’t get kidnapped by people you have never met and cuffed to a bed like some animal! So do not dare to tell me that MY TYPE,” I spat that at him, “is pampered and spoilt. The money is not all it’s cut out to be Mr. McKenzie.”

He looked at me and then came over to the bed and removed the cuff. He held my wrist and rubbed it until the soreness felt a little better.

“Your wrist is so tiny. I’m sorry I hurt you.” He said as he looked at me and kept rubbing my wrist.

“I’m not tiny.” I said petulantly, just like a child. I never acted like this. What was this guy’s hold over me?

“I didn’t mean it like that. You are perfectly formed. You are just smaller, but that makes you look even hotter.” He had this husky voice and I got goose bumps all over my body and started to shake.

“I’m sorry, are you cold?” He asked.

“No, thank you. I’m fine.” I said. “And put out the damn cigarette! It’s incredibly rude to smoke and common!”

“Well excuse me princess!! But I don’t have the money for Cuban cigars.” He was scowling at me and I was glaring at him.

“I don’t mean the brand you quaff! I mean smoking is gross and common! You’ll get cancer and yellow teeth.” I said glaring at me as he laughed.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked annoyed.

“What the fuck is a quaff?” He barely got the words out before he burst into another round of giggles. I couldn’t help it and had this stupid grin on my face.

I reluctantly admitted that I didn’t know, but he kept laughing.

“I should stop smoking. I only started in school cause all my friends were doing it.” He smiled and put out the cigarette on the floor.

“Ah, you were THAT kid in school.” I said rolling my eyes. “Probably prom king and slept with the entire female population of the school.” I hated those kids!

“Well I slept with most of the hot guys, but yeah I was king.” He was so arrogant! God, it really got to me.

“You slept with guys too!?” I looked at him.

“No, I only slept with guys. I’m gay.” He looked at me weirdly.

“Oh,” insert nervous laughter, “I didn’t know.” I said looking away.

“Are you blushing?”

“NO!” I lied.

“You are! I think you like me.” He said smiling that arrogant smile. “You are gay too. I bet with your looks you’ve had so many guys it’s not even funny!”

“Noooo!” I said dragging it out. “I haven’t even snogged a guy-- or girl for that matter.”

“I knew you weren’t American. Snog? You have to be English right?” He said flashing that much too debonair smile at me.

“Lord, I need a drink.” I muttered to myself. “No, I just had a British nanny while growing up. I was home schooled till I begged my grandmother at the beginning of this year to go to school with normal people.”


“Cool.” He said. A silence started between us and suddenly I remembered what he had said to me a few minutes ago about daddy issues.

“What does that mean? Daddy issues?” I said looking at him and lifting a brow.

“You are damaged. You always want more attention than you can possibly get. That is why you are so driven, so successful in school and everything. You are looking for the approval of everyone, because you didn’t get it at home.”

*****

As I stormed into my house and slammed the door in Edward’s face. I stormed down the marble hallway into the enormous library where I knew my grandmother would be waiting. Classical music was playing as she was sitting in front of a grand fireplace under a huge portrait of me standing beside her as she sat in a chair. We both were wearing formal clothes the day it was painted.

“Alexander. I’m so happy to see you alive.” My grandmother said totally drunk. That seems to be a problem with the idle rich- alcoholics. She was sipping a martini. I loved her and she was so funny when she was totally zonked.

“Where can I buy a gun?” I asked.

“Almost anywhere. Why?” She asked. Most people would have laughed at this response, but I was too upset at Edward.

“Edward! He is such a horrible person.” I said angrily.

“Sweetheart. Don’t be mean. He is a nice person. Don’t be a snob.” She said as she took another sip. She was a beautiful woman at 52. She was elegant and stylish and looked better than most moms in my school. Right now she was wearing a beautiful purple, blue and white evening gown with white gloves that reached past her elbows. Her jewels alone could feed the whole of Africa for a year.

“Great! So now both of you think I’m just this high-maintenance mess who’s desperate for attention!”

With that said I stormed out of the room and up the stairs to my suite.

*****

“Hi, guys.” I said as I greeted my friends the next morning as they came thru the door of my room. I was lying in bed sulking. We were a really weird bunch of people. There was Rita, the fat weird stalker, Chase, the football loving jock, and Claire, the slutty alcoholic bitchy girl. We were all so close since middle school and stood by each other threw everything.

“What are you doing in bed drinking?” Rita asked looking at the martini shaker on the nightstand and the drink in my hand.

“I do it all the time.” Claire mumbled.

“Ok, I talked to the dowager.” Chase said. He was the only person who could get away with calling her that- so hot and such a flirt.

“It must be hard for someone like you to admit that a guy has jerked you around.” Claire said sitting down and taking the shaker and drinking straight from it.

“Someone like me?” I asked.

“Someone materialistic, self-absorbed, vain-“

“Strong, I know. You don’t have to tell me how awesome I am. Tell Edward.” I said

Chase sat next to me and said: “Come on. We are going to get a movie.”

“No.” I said as I rolled around. He grabbed me and looked at me with puppy dog eyes that always made me feel like he did it on purpose. Which I’m sure he did.

“Fine!” I said getting up in only my jockeys.

“I guess if I had to I could swing your way Alec.” Chase joked as he looked at me.

“Suck it Chase.” I said.

He smiled and was about to say something when I yelled: “Don’t! It’s too easy.”

 

*****

 

On the ride to school I completely ignored Edward. God Dammit he looked so hot. As we stepped out of the black town car he followed me and pretended that we were friends and smiling. I mean Chase was really nice and all, but we had known each other for years. No one would believe that a super jock like Edward would be my friend. At least our group was still weird.

In my first period Edward, Rita and I sat next to each other. I had at least one friend in every class and Edward took the same classes as me. Edward went forward to the teacher-- probably to silently discuss his presence. Grandmother had probably already let the teachers know, but he was very professional.

“If he were my boyfriend I would lock him up and never let him leave my room.” Rita said.

I looked at her strangely cause we all know she went a little psycho stalker on her boyfriends. She was sort of fat and had a really funny sense of humor.

Seeing my look she quickly replied: “It was a problem then. For it is not one now.”

“Would you look at him so arrogant that he is even charming Mrs. Clint.” I sighed as he laughed with the teacher. The bell hadn’t rung yet, but some of the girls were checking him out.

“Just ignore him. It’s not happening if you don’t look at it.” Rita said.

“Like poverty.” I muttered.

“Typical.” I hadn’t noticed Edward had come back and was sitting down in the seat next to me.

“Excuse me?” I asked pissed.

“It’s just like a spoiled brat like you to be rude to poor people.” He said glaring at me.

“Screw you asshole.” I said scowling at him. Luckily the bell rang saving us from really getting into it. Edward was barely paying attention as he didn’t really have to be in school. I wondered why he didn’t go to college.

I didn’t speak to Edward till lunch and as we both sat down with my friends. Chase and Edward instantly started talking about football and as Edward got up to leave I glared at Chase and said: “You guys have a nice little chit chat?”

“Oh my God, he started talking to me. What did you want me to do? Ignore him?” He asked looking at me.

“Yeah, pretty much!!” I said continuing to glare at him.

“So I guess we can’t invite him to poker night?” Rita asked looking at me hopefully.

“Hahahahaha.” I laughed fakely and got up to go to the bathroom. As I walked away I heard Rita ask: “Was that a yes?”

And Claire saying: “NO!”

I walked into the bathroom and was washing my hands when I heard someone say: “Gotcha.” I turned around and saw a football jock standing there.

“What do you want Johnny?” I asked irritated. He had been after me for years. No one aside from my three friends knew that I was gay, but Johnny always wanted to tease me in front of his friends- never in front of Chase- but afterwards he would make suggestive remarks that worried me.

“I want those sensual lips wrapped around this.” He said as he adjusted his package.

“Dream on.” I said as I smiled at him and walked past him.

“Ah, come on Alec. Please.” He said looking at me with the same puppy dog eyes as Chase. Jocks know that they are hot so they always know how to operate.

“Sorry, Johnny.” I said as I walked out of the door and into Edward.

“Where the fuck have you been?” Edward asked grabbing my arm.

“Ouch.” I said as he continued to hold my arm.

Johnny came out and must have seen my face and said: “I think you should let him go.” They were both 6’2” with blonde hair and Edward had light green eyes and Johnny had ice blue eyes. They were both muscled, but Edward had a black belt in karate and I didn’t want Johnny to get hurt.

“Who the fuck are you?” He asked looking at Johnny.

“Uhm, its ok Johnny.” I said as I looked at him.

“The fuck it is.” He said grabbing Edwards’s arm-- big mistake. Edward threw him against the wall and he hit his head.

I gasped and ran to him falling to my knees and cradling Johnny’s head in my lap. “You are such an asshole!” I screamed at Edward. Thank God most people were at lunch.

“What did I do?” Edward asked looking at me.

I ignored him and turned to Johnny who was holding his cheek where his face hit the wall. “Are you ok?” I asked softly as my hand touched his where he cradled his cheek.

He looked at me and said: “Yeah, if this is how you are gonna be treating me after I get my ass kicked I’ll have to do it some more.” Then he winked at me and started to get up. “I should help you to the nurse.” I said as I shot a glare at Edward who was glaring back at me.

*****

“I mean what kind of a man-animal goes around beating people up!” I screamed. My grandmother, Edward and I were in the library at home fighting.

“Alexander show some decorum. Mr. McKenzie is doing us an enormous favor in protecting you.” My grandmother said as she took another sip from her drink.

“Yeah, princess chill.” He said looking at me.

I shot him a glare that would have killed most people and stormed out.

*****

EDWARD:

“So how long have you two been interested in each other?” The Dowager Princess asked me.

“Interested?! In that skinny brat!? I don’t think so!” I yelled.

“Really?” She asked with this knowing look.

“Your Highness, I really don’t mean to be disrespectful, but I’m not interested in Alec. I mean he is spoilt and selfish and vain. He doesn’t like hard labor and in case you didn’t know, I’m poor. He wouldn’t even fall for someone like me.” I said.

“I’m very aware that my grandson has led a privileged life, but he was born into this world. It is not his fault. If the two of you are interested in each other-- go for it. Don’t let money get in the way.” She gave me a peaceful smile. I looked at her in a stylish black D&G suit with pearls at her ears, throat and wrist. She looked every inch the materialistic matriarch of the family, but in her words I heard love and understanding for her grandson and me.

“May I ask why you are being so understanding Your Highness?”

“I too came from a poor family. I was not worthy to marry a Prince, but my husband chose me and he was threatened to lose everything- his title and his family for me. You see his parents wanted him to marry an heiress, because the Depression had taken a toll on the family fortune, but he didn’t choose the money. My son married his wife out of obligation, I begged him not to do it, but he would not listen. They both died in a yachting accident, but they did not love each other and that is why I want my Alexander to meet someone he can love.”

“Thank you, Your Highness.”

“Edward, there is one more thing. I must tell you something very personal that may not come out.” She said walking over to the door and closed it and asked that I sit down opposite her in front of the fire.

“I must ask that you take care of Alexander. He is young and impressionable. I have spoken with my doctors and I have three months at the most to live. I have cancer.” She said looking at me with a kind and beautiful face.

“I’m so sorry Your Highness.” I started to say.

“That is quite alright young man, but you must promise to protect Alexander. There will be many people who will want to use him to gain something. I trust that you will always be there for him even if you will not be together as a couple.”

“Your Highness, I promise that I will protect him with my life.” I swore.

Copyright © 2011 abbillion; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Am no writer, but do read a lot.  You have the making of a good story.  The characters are reasonable, to a degree, just a bit to much hyperbole.  It is almost as if you are rushing to tell the story, and not giving it room enough to breathe.  You do drama good, and characterization is fine, it just feels like a few to many tight scenes, that could be leavened, but not with mere filler, more with subtlety, more time to read, depth.  Please do not take this wrong, like the outline and the characters, just can see more here, and am fully cognizant that it is more than could be done by me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..