Jump to content
    Agaith
  • Author
  • 5,545 Words
  • 2,201 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Seeing Double - 8. Chapter 8

‘I am relaying these images to you acolyte to pass on to the Mistress in the hope they will give her more information upon which to act. I fear I won’t make it out alive and I pray to the World Spirits that my death will help our cause.’

She was motionless, every muscle perfectly in tune to create the sense of perfect balance.

Her body glove fitted the contours of her body flawlessly, concealing the light grey skin underneath.

Her dark lips, a vivid contrast against the pallid skin, were drawn up into a mocking smile.

Her only thoughts concentrated on the task set out for her by her masters.

She summoned a thought and blades hissed out of her forearms, her own bone, grown in a laboratory and surgically grafted onto her in the shape of blades.

As soon as they were unsheathed, the blades seemed to become greasy, an inky miasma surrounding the blades.

Dark Energy as it was called by those who feared it; it was Energy that had been perverted whilst entering a person’s body, becoming trapped, it could only be pacified by blood or spirit.

She suddenly leaped into action, her blades glistening in the half-light of the circular chamber, the blades looking like oil as the Energy flowed on and around the blades.

One last practice, one last time to hone the speed needed, her only chance.

Her angular teeth glinted as she passed the areas of light that entered from above.

It didn’t last long, she soon realised she had finished and resumed her original position.

General Arensha looked down from the observation platform at his toy.

Bred from a test tube and honed into nothing more than a killer, conditioned mentally, physically, spiritually.

She lived to kill, she had no other purpose. ‘Was it even right to call it a she?’ Arensha wondered before pulling his lips back into a cruel smile, his teeth the same angular form as the assassin’s, same race.

‘No.’ Arensha thought again, ‘not the same race, bred for one purpose only.’

He marvelled at the difference bodily he was to her. He was over eight foot tall and about three feet wide. His face was a lighter shade than that of the assassin.

Preparations were coming along nicely; soon they would set off for Galwrock.

Oh they knew he was coming, Arensha had made sure of that, the warped remains of the Captain of the Eight served as a warning well enough, but they didn’t know when.

Arensha walked off the platform and went into the command room.

“You have trained well Retanhir.” She stiffened as her lowly title was used.

“You know what must be done?” Arensha asked already knowing what the answer would be.

Sure enough, with one fluid motion, she crossed her blades and gave off sparks of Energy: Yes.

“Break him, remove the one threat to our victory; do not fail.”

Once again she gave her affirmative gesture.

Arensha started to walk back to his transport, to his lair, his domain.

He had waited for almost an eternity to plot this, it had almost come to fruition, and he did not need this upstart disrupting his plans.

Arensha should have given him credit, he had become established quickly but he was still vulnerable; still killable.

Arensha, bored with walking, teleported himself back. Immediately all the house staff collapsed to their knees.

MATT-

“My Lord...” his lieutenant began.

“Bring him; I want to kill him myself.”

The lieutenant nodded before giving the word to bring the prisoner in.

Bound in chains and wearing a thin metallic collar the prisoner had a resigned but fearful look upon his face.

“Any last words?” Arensha sneered

“We will stop you; we know when you’re coming.”

“Really? I doubt that very much.” Arensha said as he lifted the prisoner off his feet with his own corrupted Energy.

As he lifted the man into the air, his hands took on a faint glow the colour of amethysts.

The sickly Energy wreathed his hands as the prisoner’s body tensed but not of its own accord.

“Do you really think that I am so ignorant to your new plaything?”

“I have let my people know when you’re coming.”

Arensha slammed the prisoner to the ground before lifting him up once again, pretending to ignore that last comment the prisoner said, even though it enraged him, without the element of surprise it would make it more difficult.

It also begged the question of the collars he made the prisoners wear, his scientists had sworn they would block the use of Energy; he would make them pay for that wrong conclusion.

“He will be dead shortly, but not before you. It matters not if they know, I will crush them and they will become my new playthings, oh the agonies I will wreak upon your pompous world.” Arensha’s eyes were burning with a sickly light.

And with that, tendrils of violet Energy snaked around the prisoner, he closed his eyes in defiance but he could not stop himself from reacting to what happened next.

The tendrils constricted until they seeped into his body, the prisoner screamed but the sound only brought a wave of pleasure for Arensha.

He concentrated on focussing the Energy over the prisoner’s heart, brain, testes and an organ that was present in Galwrons, the figures but not humans.

It was called the Keeper of Life. It was supposed to hold the soul once the body had died; the spirit could then be released safely waiting to be reborn.

The prisoner knew what was coming, knew what fate befell him and he screamed once again, but in despair and desperation rather than pain.

The Energy started invading his cells like a tumour, killing him slowly. The Energy around the prisoner’s vital zones had remained still; waiting.

The prisoner started to deteriorate, he became shaky, his pulse quickening; his body desperate to fight this infection that would not leave him; not until it had finished.

“I can almost taste your soul Galwron. It smells divine.”

Arensha smiled a cruel smile as he willed the rest of the Energy to kill off his heart, testes, and brain.

As the prisoner’s body died, Arensha could feel the spirit being drawn to the Keeper of Life and, as it slowly entered, the remaining Energy wrapped around the Keeper, corrupting it so it became a prison.

Arensha ripped open the body, allowing blood and gore to flow from it freely.

Plucking the Keeper from the still warm body, Arensha could hear the spirit screaming to be released.

He toyed with the spirit, sending Energy into it time and time again to torture it, to tighten the prison, each response to the torture gave Arensha pleasure and he rode waves of it as he kept his assault up on the spirit.

Then, when Arensha could abstain no more, he swallowed the Keeper whole, dooming the spirit; the corrupted body of Arensha would claim the spirit.

He shuddered with ecstasy; each wail of the spirit brought him fresh heights of pleasure.

He sent everyone in the room away, in order to savour what had just happened and the spirit he had consumed.

After his period of reflection, he beckoned for the lieutenant to step forward. “Speed up the preparations for the assault; we make war in less than 5 months.”

“But sir, our army won’t be fully ready, not all of our war machines will be fully operational.”

“We need that element of surprise; they expect us in six months. They will prepare all they can for then; any opportunity to catch them off guard must be taken. Anyway why is this even being discussed? Speed up the preparations immediately.”

“Your will be done my lord.”The lieutenant replied before exiting the hall.

I woke late and missed breakfast, which I instantly regretted as my stomach gave a growl of discontent.

I wasn’t surprised to find Dan had gone, I didn’t know his timetable but I guess he had something to do.

As I slowly woke myself up in the shower, I fully realised how important this war was.

If the Dark Energy Manipulators could get hold of the portals on Galwrock, they could take over Earth and enslave the human race.

It sounded doomsday-ish but if we didn’t stop them, including the General, then it would be a dark day.

For now, until the day came, I would put it out of my mind, just like they said.

It was a day off for me, so I decided to try and find Dan; hopefully he was on a break from lectures.

I did manage to find him in a cafe near to his lecture theatre.

“Hey, Dan.”

“Oh, hey Matt.” He said seemingly distracted and in his own little world.

“Are you ok?”

“Yes, I’m fine Matt; I just need to get back to the lecture.”

“Err, yeah sure. See you later?”

“Hmmm.” Was all he could manage before heading quickly towards his lecture theatre.

I felt a bit put out, how come he had suddenly became like this? His need to get to a lecture would not have warranted such a response.

I immediately thought that I had done something wrong. But Dan would have told me, wouldn’t he?

I also thought it could be to do with the pace at which I wanted things to develop. He had said he was fine with it.

Had he just said that? Was he secretly annoyed, even angry because I couldn’t go that far with him yet?

No, that couldn’t be it; he had said that he understood. He had said he would wait and was flattered by me wanting for him to be my first.

I looked up at the clouds and they darkened enough for the first few spots of rain to make themselves known. I had forgotten to bring an umbrella.

‘Time for a subtle use of Energy’ I thought.

I projected a thin bubble of invisible Energy, but made it so it only reflected rain so people wouldn’t be stopped by it. It looked as if the rain wasn’t touching me.

I walked quickly to reduce the chance people had of noticing that I wasn’t wet in the slightest.

My thoughts were still on why Dan was off as I entered my flat. “Hey Matt!” Damien said bear hugging me before

I thumped him on the back and he promptly let me go, grinning.

“And to what do I owe the pleasure of nearly being crushed to death?” I joked.

“We need to ask you something.” Jenna piped up on the floor above.

“Oh yes? And what might that be?”

“Did you know the University is having a bonfire party to stop people trying to do it themselves?” Michelle asked, as the rest of the flatmates, upon hearing my arrival, joined me, Damien and Jenna.

I vaguely remembered the signs up around the campus so I nodded warily.

“Were you thinking of going to the party, Matt?” Will asked this time.

“I’m guessing someone’s asked you to ask me this seeing as though you’re all in on it?” I asked whilst sticking my tongue out.

“Well as a matter of fact yes.” Will replied with a cheeky grin.

“You’re all going I take it?”

“Of course! It’s been almost a week since I’ve had a girl, Matt.”

“Wow, that long Damien! Careful you don’t lose your touch.” I replied.

“Oi!” He said in mock indignation.

“Anyway!” Charlotte said which brought everyone back to the matter at hand.

“Ok, yes, I will go.”

They all smiled.

“Oh come on guys, what’s the big secret?”

“Well you’ve been asked to do the pyrotechnics for the party.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“No, no! You’ll be hidden. They know you need to keep it secret, sort of.” Jenna said quickly.

“Ok, so I’m supposed to put on a show for everyone...anything I do will seem out of the ordinary, it wouldn’t make sense.”

“That’s why they’ve advertised it as ‘Out of this World!’ Matt.”

I laughed hard at this.

“You’re kidding me? They think people will buy that crap?”

“Does it matter? Most people go for the booze. And when they see it, it will be a big surprise.”

“Well even if I agreed I wouldn’t know what to do.”

“Just make something up, if not just resort to even bigger ‘bangs’ than are normal from fireworks.”

“Hmm, I’m not sure guys. Who asked you to ask me?”

They all exchanged sly glances as if this was going to clinch it for them.

“It was the Principal.” Will said a smug look on his face.

“I don’t believe you.”

“It’s true!” Everyone called out in unison.

I just stared at each of them but when they didn’t falter I took them to be truthful.

“If he didn’t ask...”

“Yeah yeah you’ll have my balls on a kebab stick whatever.” Damien said and we all burst into laughter.

“Looks like I’m doing the fireworks then.”

“We can’t wait, Matt.” Michelle said excitedly.

“Hmm, sure yeah.” My mind was starting to wonder back to the situation with Dan.

“Something wrong, Matt?” Will asked his face one of concern.

“Yes...err no, I don’t know.” I said, unable to make my mind up what I should say and what was happening with me and Dan.

“It’s Dan, isn’t it?” Will said, starting to turn angry. “I’ll kill him!”

“Will!” I shouted, trying to get Will to listen.

“Well he should treat you better!”

As he went to exit the door, I stopped him; he lost the ability to move as I exerted a little Energy to keep him there.

“I’m sorry I had to just do that Will but I can sort of understand what Dan is doing, I think.”

I released Will and he stayed put thankfully.

“I’m sorry for trying to go gallivanting off to deal with something I know nothing about.”

“That’s ok Will, it’s just that I told Dan quite a bit about me and he might just need time to go over it.”

“But that was a day or so ago, Matt. He came up after that and seemed fine, something else has happened between now and then that has made him think.”

I thought about this and Will was right. Dan was fine up until today; he had been playful even before our talk and we finished on a good note as well. Or so I thought.

“How did he act?” Jena piped up.

“Um...like he wanted to be away from me. He left as quickly as he could for lectures when I caught up with him on campus.”

“That’s not Dan is it?” Michelle asked, rather stupidly in my opinion but I held it back.

“No, no it isn’t Michelle.”

“Confront him like he did you.”Damien interjected this time.

“I don’t want to have to confront him about this. We have already talked about it somewhat.”

“You might have to if he’s as good at avoiding you as you were him.”

“That was helpful.”

“Hey sorry Matt, but it’s true.”

“If he’s that scared of losing you, take him with you.” I was stunned when Jenna said that.

“Take him with me...Jenna he is not trained, not prepared and to take him to a planet which is preparing for and which will experience war is madness!”

“But he would feel better knowing what was happening to you rather than staying here oblivious to what was going on.”

“He is not going to lose me whilst I’m away at war Jenna.” I said mainly to convince myself, I had the power, but was I capable in battle?

“Sorry, it was just a thought.”

I mellowed slightly, this was my problem, and she was only trying to help.

Everyone gave me a hug which brought a tear to my eye.

“I still think you should go and ask him, Matt. Ask him what the matter is with him.”

“It’s only been a day guys, I’ll wait for a few more days and then ask him, after all it took me time to tell him about me.”

Damien looked at me for a while before saying “Ok Matt, but please ask him soon?”

“Yes, yes I will, Damien. Ok guys, I’ve got work to do...and I’ve got try and plan this bloody show you’ve roped me into!”

“It’s the principal’s fault!” Michelle said feigning a hurt look.

“I bet you gave him the idea.” I said jokingly but was shocked when everyone suddenly looked down.

“You did give him the idea!”

“We’re sorry, Matt!” Jenna cried.

“We thought it would be a good way to use your powers in a good way, you can practice throwing large amounts of Energy around and people won’t give a shit.”Will said trying to rescue the situation.

“I have enough training at Galwrock!” I shouted before calming myself down.

“I’m surprised but how can I be mad at you guys.”

“Really? No threats of death?” Damien asked only half joking.

“I know you’re hearts were in the right place guys, just not your heads. I will do this but please, I’ve got to keep this quiet after that. Please realise that.”

They all nodded.

“Right I really need to get on. It will be a good distraction from Dan.”

Or so I thought, every time I went to do work my mind wandered to why Dan was so distant. What should have taken me 2 hours took me the rest of the day.

I was angry with myself for such a waste of time. I hoped Dan saw sense soon, I couldn’t bear the tension nor the mystery surrounding what was going on with him.

Maybe tomorrow would bring better things...

...I sat in my room, staring at the ceiling.

Another three days had passed and Dan still hadn’t said anything. He had ignored my texts and after the first hang up I decided not to keep calling.

I was at a loss; I started reverting to my usual feelings of it being my fault.

I shouldn’t have mentioned the war too soon, shouldn’t have said that stupid slip by telling him I wanted to be more than friends, I shouldn’t have let him see so much in the first place.

I felt I should have made myself invisible and flitted around, waiting...

Less than six months separated me and the war that was slowly building.

I had been trained well, but all the training in the world cannot prepare you for the reality of war.

I didn’t know what to expect.

As I thought about the situation with Dan, my mind was subconsciously looking for answers to the show I was supposed to put on.

Even though I could have refused to do it, knowing there would be no back up fireworks and the fact that Dan might be there, encouraged by his friends to go, I felt I should.

It was thinking of how to get Dan talking to me that everything clicked for the show.

I smiled weakly, the crowd would love it. Would Dan?

Managed to convince Dan to go to party. He will be there to see your show. Sam x’

I replied with thanks to Sam after her text, at least the one person I wanted to see it was coming.

Sitting behind a small barricade where all the ‘fireworks’ supposedly were, I was nervous, this wasn’t a good idea.

I hoped people were drunk enough to blame this on alcohol, it was a little bit more than a normal firework display.

I would be happy if people thought it was an illusionist, it would seem less weird if people could blame it on an illusion.

Once the start time of the display came to, there were many people on the grounds on the university, they were stretched across the football and rugby pitches.

I felt sick as they chanted for the fireworks.

I let out a large breath, the cold night causing it to visible, making my nervousness real.

Then, with only a second’s hesitation, I started.

I raised my hand up to the sky and shot a small ball of Energy. It was small but very bright and the crowd all followed the ball into the air.

When it reached a decent height I let it go and it exploded into turquoise and gold flames, which brought the first round of gasps from the crowd.

I shot two more of the same together eliciting more woops and gasps.

This was ok, I thought after doing this for a while changing the colour and noise various times, but it was time for the main attraction.

Via my thoughts many balls of Energy shot up into the air and stayed there, arranging themselves to look like coals or ashes.

After there was enough for two piles I stopped sending more into the air.

I had to concentrate hard as I poured more Energy into the balls in the air. Then, as I reached the level of Energy needed, there was an almighty screech like that of a bird of prey.

And with that, two phoenixes arose from the balls. Made of pure flame generated of Energy, they were huge effigies to the mythical birds.

There was a few screams but more shouts of amazement than anything.

Each of the bird’s features was perfect, their heads easily seen as they looked at each other.

I tried to get it so they looked longingly at each other, their heads tilted slightly.

After a few seconds I made them both start flying, I tried to make them imitate a mating dance, allowing them to duck and weave and dance around each other, the occasional screech from one or the other, causing people to look in awe.

I made them swoop low so they past only a couple of dozen feet above the crowds heads.

I could start to feel the Energy tensing at such a usage but I ignored it, I wouldn’t stop until this was over now.

Once they had danced for a few minutes I projected an image of a tree onto the night sky, onto which the two birds landed.

But, without warning or ceremony one of the birds took off.

The other phoenix cried out, but its partner ignored its cry.

I temporarily made the leaving bird wink out of existence to show its true disappearance which made the crowd cry out in disappointment.

The remaining bird flew round the tree aimlessly before perching once more and started crying tears of fire from its eyes which I made sure didn’t land on the ground by make them dissipate.

“Come back, come back.” The crows started chanting and to add to their angst I drew a large question mark in the sky, which made the crowd scream.

Of those that were observant they would have noticed a tiny ball in the sky which I had made and I quickly enlarged it.

The crowd’s eyes immediately trained themselves on the ball.

By now I had a painful headache but I pushed the pain aside.

With a loud scream I brought the other phoenix back to the delight of the crowd which roared their appreciation.

The perched phoenix screeched its delight and flew to its partner; they did a dance of joy, staying close to each other, mirroring each other move for move.

They turned opposite directions and slowly flew to each other, and as they put their wings around each other I made them explode into glorious fireworks.

The Energy contained in each one was immense and as I released it, the explosions reached far across the sky.

Every colour ever seen was visible in the final display.

I eventually quietened the Energy down, causing the ‘fireworks’ to slow and stop.

The crowd was pumped and I couldn’t help but smile.

The pain in my head was excruciating now and I opened a small vial and swallowed the bitter liquid contained in there.

The vial had contained a small potion and I could already feel its effects, the pain quietening and the Energy felt less tense.

A loudspeaker announced the DJ and the crowd got immersed in music and alcohol. Fine by me I thought.

I slipped out from the barricade and then made my way to the tent selling drinks.

Spotting Sam, Gary and Dan at a table, and with Sam at waving me I made my way over.

I could see Sam and Gary whisper something to Dan before I reached the table but I decided not to read too much into it, probably a ‘be nice Dan’ comment.

“Hey guys.” I said a little wearily.

“Hey, Matt.” Sam and Gary said leaving Dan in silence.

“That was some show Matt.” Sam said a smile on her face that, for once, didn’t quite seem to reach her eyes.

“Um, thanks, it was a little tiring; I haven’t had to use that much Energy for a while, not counting the Releasing.”

I paused, they knew about me?

“Sorry Matt, Dan has a big mouth.” Gary tried to joke, but Dan’s mood seemed to choke the atmosphere.

I could almost see the war inside his mind between wanting to say something and keeping it hidden. I didn’t have to be psychic to know he was fighting a battle of his own of his feelings.

“Dan, are you alright?”

“I’m fine Matt.”

“Hmm you don’t look like it.”

“Is that so?” His voice was cold.

“I think me and Gary will get some pints. Matt, did you want anything?”

“No, I’m fine thanks Sam.” I said without taking my eyes off Dan, watching for any sign, anything that would tell me what was wrong.

They both made a quick exit to leave us alone for the first time in like what seemed ages.

“What’s the matter, Dan? A few days ago you were fine, happy. And now...now you look as if your mind’s tearing you apart, struggling with something...”

“Don’t believe for a second that you know what is going on inside my head.” Dan hissed.

“I’m not saying that Dan, I’m saying that you look troubled and I thought we were supposed to be able to talk about anything?”

“Not this.”

“So what happens now then? I have to wait whilst you get over your hang up about whatever it is that is tearing you up? I have to look at the ceiling at night thinking it is me that has caused this? Not knowing what has happened between now and then? What happens when you get over this? Am I supposed to just ignore it like it didn’t happen? I only want to help.”

“I...can’t...” He replied.

“Why, Dan? You demanded difficult answers of me, throughout all of our time knowing each other, I wondered what you thought of me every time I did something wrong or silly. When, after all that I told you, you wanted me I felt amazing.

But now...I can’t help but feel that you’re holding something that means that we can’t be together fully, until you get over it there will always be this shadow over us.”

Dan got up suddenly.

“What are you doing?”

“I can’t stay here and listen to this. I need space, I need time.”

“How much? No reassurances? I can’t wait forever for you to get over whatever is eating you up. I have a war to prepare for...”

“I KNOW THAT MATT!” He screamed, which threw me off guard.

He caught the attention of several tables and with that he took off. I started to dash after him but he was a very fast runner.

He had mentioned something about athletics at some point and I actually needed to boost my speed with Energy in order to keep a small enough gap to follow him.

My Energy reserves were quite low, lower than I would have liked but I had no time to recover yet.

“Dan!” I called out several times but he either ignored me or else the wind snatched my words from me.

He had headed off the main road and was now making his way up one of the residential streets.

The houses along this road were mainly empty as most were student housing for the older years.

Dan looked as though he had stopped to catch his breath and I slowed and caught up with him.

But something felt wrong...very wrong.

“Dan, I know we aren’t on best terms but as a general of an army I want you to hide now, and quickly.”

“Why?...”

“There’s no time, please Dan, for now trust me.”

He looked at me and thankfully he nodded and huddled in the gardens of a nearby house, making himself as invisible as he could.

An unearthly breeze floated down the street and I smelt the air. Dark Energy.

A small glint of metal was the only warning I had as the figure rushed towards me, its mask a lurid skull, made as lifelike as possible.

Its eye sockets were empty, but I sensed that it was a mask, and underneath was a being that could see perfectly.

I barely parried its strike before it twirled and tried to cut open my back.

I was savvy to the blow though and blocked the blow only to kick it in the stomach. It staggered back a little.

Being able to look at the body shape properly, I guessed this was a female assassin and, by the garb she wore, she was from the Temple of a Thousand Splintered Cuts.

I drew on my reserves of Energy; this wasn’t going to be easy.

Onward she came again, only this time her blades were coated in a black oily substance.

It was Dark Energy made liquid, if any infected me, it would destroy me, feeding on all the Energy residing in my body.

To a human it was merely fatal; to an Energy Manipulator it destroyed the soul.

Her attacks were unpredictable and fast, only the precognition gifted to me by my Energy allowed me to parry her blows with only a heartbeat the difference between success and death.

As I frantically blocked her attacks I saw she got slightly desperate at one stage and I took it.

I blocked her one hand strongly creating an opening and sent a blast of Energy into her. It lifted her off the ground and she hit the road several metres distant.

She hissed her defiance and slunk back into the shadows.

I waited for several minutes, my senses attuned to any disturbance.

When nothing happened I chanced a visit over to Dan.

“Dan.” I helped him out of the undergrowth, allowing him to stretch his legs.

“What was that?”

“It was an assassin Dan.”

“Is it still here?”

“I’m not sure...” But before I could finish my sentence, I saw the look of horror on Dan’s face and, before I could stop him, he hurled himself past me screaming.

I turned to see the assassin emerging from the darkness, the weapon in her hands glinting menacingly.

“DAN!” I screamed as I saw the weapon plunge into Dan.

“NOOOOO!”

He cried out in pain.

The assassin, her expression unreadable underneath her mask, wrenched the blade free causing Dan to fall to the floor.

Rage flared in my chest and the Energy responded in kind, the full River of Energy opened to me, sympathetic to my cause.

I looked at the assassin and suddenly she was thrown back away from Dan. I then pointed my finger at her.

She howled in pain as silver flames raced through her body, bursting out of her and consuming every atom of her.

Her dark soul was destroyed, the flames licking greedily at her until there was naught but ash.

I snapped my eyes shut and then open again to quell the rage inside me.

Quiet sobbing brought me back to reality and I rushed to Dan.

“Dan, Dan can you still hear me?” I started to cry.

“Matt, the pain, please...”

“Shush now, it will be fine.”

“Why can’t I see you, Matt? Everything feels so cold.”

“I will heal you Dan, you will be better, I promise.” I didn’t like how quickly he was slipping.

“I’m...sorry...for earlier...Matt.” His breathing started to become laboured.

“Hush, don’t be thinking of things like that now.”

“I don’t want to leave you Matt!” He managed to cry out.

I collapsed into sobs as he said this.

After a few moments I came to my senses, knowing he would die without my help.

‘Ailarha! I need help! Please help me!’

‘Matt, the portals are blocked for now, we will be there as quickly as possible.’

‘What am I to do?’

‘Your best.’

And then she was silent.

I looked down at the slowly shaking figure that was Dan and fought back a fresh wave of tears.

I steeled myself as much as I could and lay Dan gently onto the ground.

I had to heal him myself or he would die.

I had never performed such a healing before, I hoped I had enough Energy left to do this... or Dan’s life would be forfeit.

Dan's in pretty bad shape. Any thoughts as to what will happen?
Copyright © 2011 Agaith; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

U better bot kill him!! u dare not!! :P

 

Matt!! the super matt WILL save him!!! yay!! i know he will.. He will right?? :o

 

 

waiting!!!

Link to comment
On 12/18/2010 03:42 AM, Frostina said:
U better bot kill him!! u dare not!! :P

 

Matt!! the super matt WILL save him!!! yay!! i know he will.. He will right?? :o

 

 

waiting!!!

New chapter will be out soon Frosty don't worry :PYou dare me? That's a dangerous thing to do to an Author :P
Link to comment

What a dramatic chapter!

Lol - of course Dan will be saved. You wouldn't change the tone as darkly as that.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..