Jump to content
    Arkaea
  • Author
  • 6,274 Words
  • 1,959 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Brandon and Eric - 1. Chapter one: The Beginning

This is chapter one, where we first encounter Brandon and his unknown twin brother Lucas as well as the beginning of the Brat Pack

Chapter One: The Beginning

Hello, so I guess, this is where I introduce myself. My name is Brandon. I am a typical white guy around six feet with a slight build I am slightly pale. I have jet black hair worn down over my shoulders.

So I guess I will let you in on a secret nobody knows.

I am gay: WOW! a SHOCKER! This revelation came when I realized I liked boys. Which scared the fuckin' hell out of me.

I have known, since I was a kid that I was different, I knew I liked dudes, I told my best friend Ian, who I have known since I was adopted , after he had told me, that he liked dudes and girls, one year ago.

 

I am shy, introverted, plus an only child, which makes me feel completely isolated and lonely.

My mother is the most caring, loving, person, I have ever known, She had a very rough life with my abusive family. And, it only got worse, after I came along. She worked very hard for us, holding down several jobs, so we could escape.

She finally got a great job, which led us to move to an upbeat neighborhood in California two weeks ago (I had such sad feelings about leaving, NOT!). Hurray, its just the two of us now, in a new city.

 

Once dressed, I look in the mirror to make sure my hair is combed. Satisfied, I slip on my shoes, grab my backpack and go to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Sweetie, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, Mom, I did, after tossing and turning for awhile."

I take a bite of my cereal look out the window, before I stop eating to say.

"Actually, I feel scared kind of like a lamb, who is led to the slaughter house!"

"Oh, Honey, I know it's scary after all this is your first day!" she replied with a consoling smile,then she came around the table to give me a big hug.

"Well, we better get you to school, so you can find your classes in time"

"Yeah Right, your not the one going to high school!"

Stepping outside, I notice it was a really beautiful day. I saw a few people going about their business. One of them was an attractive long haired red-head, about my age (I am sure guys would kill for.).

Although I only live a few blocks away from school, my mother drove me, because it was my first day. The journey felt like an eternity, but only took about ten minutes: Damn here I go

"Hooray for me, I am so excited!"

When we arrive. I feel a little scared. Okay, screw that, I'm terrified.

"Alright, Honey, have a good day and take care of your self!"

I sigh in reply, forming a phoney smile.

"I will see you at home later tonight, I want to hear all about your first dayokay."

The four story building appears like something out of a movie, or a TV show. It is clean almost too perfect looking,The front contains a large clock tower which also boldly shows the school's mascot, a Spartan.

I look at my schedule, going over my classes, The school is separated into four different sections, segregating each year by floor. It makes locating my rooms much easier. The gym, auditorium, administration offices and cafeteria are located in a detached building behind the main one, with sport fields in the rear.

As I walk toward my homeroom,

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see this smiling girl with the most beautiful green eyes. I realize she is the stunning girl from my apartment complex.

"Pardon me, my name is Jean."

"Uh, I'm Brandon."

"Oh hey, it is you! We live next to each other. My family and I just moved here, I don’t know anyone yet, I hope we might hang out, hopefully become friends."

"Wow, I never thought I would get asked to be buddies with anyone!"

"Why not?"

"Well, no one ever went out of there way to spend time with me before."

"I don’t know why, Brandon, you seem like a great guy. I bet the two of us become close, I’m a good judge of character."

"Are you sure you want to? Like you, I'm a new."

"Hell, yeah, why wouldn't I? I don’t give a shit what anyone else thinks!"

"Well, this is awesome, you and I only took ten minutes to become friends! " I exclaim excitedly.

The two of us talk for maybe a dozen more minutes. We speak about growing up, our families, plus other stuff. I learn she came from LA and had two older brothers: One was a freshman in college, the other a senior at our school.

"It’s so cool, we have all of the same classes, Brandon. We lucked out!"

"Yeah, I didn't’ think I would actually meet anyone. I guess we should find our homeroom."

I survey the surrounds. I notice three guys closely observing me. One of them looks exactly like me, it's freaky!

Their glances unsettle me. Therefore, I try to act "normal", hoping they stop.

Then, Jean grabs my arm, signaling her desire to talk to me alone.

Pointing to the three, she says,

"Hey, Brandon, those dudes are staring at you. I wonder why."

"Don't you motice that one dude could be my double!"

Next thing I know, someone grabs my arm, then states,

"Hey, Dude, what are you doing with my sis?!"

"Oh, you big bozo! Brandon, this monkey is my brother, Paul."

The guy looks awesome. He has the same red hair, only slightly little darker, plus hazel-green eyes. He stands just under six feet, is toned, without an ounce of fat on him!

I think,

" SHIT, girls must throw themselves at this stud, I know I want to!"

"Hey, Man, how’s it hanging'? So what's up here, I thought you were snogging. Lil Sis!"

"Shut up, Dumb Ass! This is Brandon, we were just whispering to each other, so those guys over there couldn't hear us"

" Whatever, but, Dude, you better be cool with her, or I’ll kick your ass!... On second thought, are you sure you want to, she can be a...."

"Don’t listen to this idiot!"

"Its cool, I like your sister, but not that way"

Paul smiles at me then winks, as he leaves.

I get the strangest feeling, he knows I'm gay. Shit, but how?! On the other hand, he gives me jerk off material, plus really hot dreams at night.

Glancing at my watch, I see fifteen minutes remain, before school begins. Jean and I walk to our lockers, which are right next to each other. Their close proximity makes us very happy.

We start talking, when a kid comes running up to us. After the boy catches his breath, he smiles broadly at Jean.

"Hi, I saw you outside earlier, but I didn't’t get a chance to talk to you."

"Who are you?" she asks.

"Sorry, my name is Nathan."

"I’m Jean, and this is my friend, Brandon," she replies.

"What did you want?" I ask.

He stands about five feet eight inches, with short buzzed brown hair, blue eyes, a well defined body and killer arms. He has a piercing on his right eyebrow, plus each ear (both at the top and bottom), In other words, the teen is another knockout! Damn, he had to be straight as an arrow, right? Or, why else would he try to hit upon her, not me.

"Oh, I am sorry, I sometimes don’t think."

"Clearly, we can see that, " she replies, starting to laugh.

"Shit, your gorgeous, how about a date?!"

I grinned.

"Down boy! What did you want?" she retorts, as she edges closer to me.

"Well, maybe we could hangout and become special friends. If you get my drift!"

He moves closer to Jean,.

I think

"Okay, I must react, since I am her friend and, clearly, she isn't interested in him."

"Hey, Dude, back the hell off!"

My threat seems to work, because he no longer smiles.

"You better listen to him!" Jean says, smacking him on the arm.

"Ouch, wait.. , What do you mean, I am not your type? I’m a jock!"

"Cocky, much, aren't you! Besides being tall, dark and handsome, I love my guy!"

"So, is there anything else you want?" I asks, anxious to get to class

"Look, we got off on the wrong foot. Could we hangout sometime?" he queries, looking at both of us,

"I guess so." I reply.

"This was a good start on our first day, don't you agree, Bran?"

"Yeah, Jean."

"Okay, let's see if we have any classes together." Jean states. after catching her breath.

Nathan finds he has all of the same classes, but at different times, except for physical education. The kid departs, once he agrees to meet us at lunch time.

Jean and I go to our homeroom, arriving with time to spare. We continue to chat, ignoring the other students. Finally, the teacher appears, he introduces himself as Mr Riley, then goes around, asking each student their name, and what they did over the summer.

Before we know it the bell rang, so we leave for our first class, which is science with Mrs. Summers. Once there, a note on the door instructs us to wait for the educator.

After several minutes the woman materializes. She tells us to enter, then sit in our designated locations. Mine is the second to the end in the last row, which has a great window view. During the pause before the class starts, I survey the room, finding Jean right in front of me.

All the desks are paired.

The kids slowly file in. As she closes the door, one last dude comes in, his appearance causes my heart to stop: There stands the most handsome guy, I ever saw. He is tall (six foot one inch) , sun-tanned, and perfectly toned. His blemish free face possesses a perfect smile with dimples, that makes his eyes shine brightly. and reveals a set of perfect, dazzling white teeth, He wears his shoulder-length blond hair in a ponytail, while his intense blue eyes twinkle: You could drown in them, they are so deep. I instantly fall in love with him: He will provide me plenty of wet dreams tonight!

As to our teacher, something about her seems very familiar, However, I can't put my finger on it. In addition, the slender brunette appears way too pretty to be an instructor with a gorgeous face and curves in all the right places.

"Hello, Students, my name is Mrs. Summers. Let me begin by reminding you of a mandatory school meeting in the main auditorium. As a result, you will not attend your last class and be released ten minutes, before the end of your fifth period. Now with that out of the way, we shall get started.

As you know, I already assigned you seats. So, when you work with a partner, you needn't waste precious time finding one. It is the person sitting next to you, I shall go around the room to check everyone took their proper place."

She talks to Mr. Hottie, before she continues. He, inturn, walks by, sitting behind me ( he smells terrific!).

I notice Jean seated beside a shapely, stacked blue eyed blonde named Kara. Guys around her are staring at her. Unfortunately, as she opens her mouth, she sounds like a total air head. On the plus side, she seems sweet.

I realize someone new is next to me: This five feet seven inch, sexy, green eyed, mixed Asian-Caucasian kid. He wears even more black than I ( includes black finger nails, eye shadow, and lipstick). On the other hand, his shoulder length black hair is dyed pink in the front, with the sides of his head shaved,

He smiles,then he winks, which makes me blush crimson red.

"Hello, my name is Vynse, spelled with a Y not an I. I see we have something in common. We both love black, so what say we cut the crap and get to the point. Let's hang out in our free time, us freaks got to stick together!"

He winks again at me, causing something, to stir in my pants.

"Hi, I'm Brandon, nice to meet you!"

Strange, I don’t feel uncomfortable with this guy.

"OK, shall we do lunch?" he flirtingly asks.

"I’m Jean, by the way. If you are going to be friends with him count me inl!"

"Cool. I go both ways. Threesome, it is!"

"Uh, what did you say?" I respond, almost choking.

"Geeze, Dude, calm down, Mister. Seriously, that was a joke, so lighten up!"

"Awesome, I see we are going to get along fine!" I reply, with a laugh.

"Coolness!"

He flirts, yet again, then he turns towards the front of the class.

"May I have your attention, everyone. There was a slight mix up in the seating arrangements. Brandon Redfield and Ivy Quinn, please switch places, so we can get started."

My heart starts racing, I'm now next to Mr. Hottie. Oh Shit! Getting up, I move,to my new spot. I now have a hardon, I hope no one notices. I can't say what kind of verbal exchange takes place, as I plop down beside him. He reaches for my hand, they touch: Holy Crap!

"Hey, I’m Eric."

"Um,, uh,... Duh!"

"Nice to meet you, Brandon, I’m glad we are partners."

It floors me, he knows my name! This 'God On Two Legs' recognizes me! However, then, I realize the teacher called it out, ruining my magic momnet: Oh, well!

Mrs. Summers claps her hands to gain our attention, explains what she expects, mentions science is more than dissecting dead animals. Finally, she hands out our books and asks some questions. As time passes, I loss interest in her lecture, instead. I think about the gorgeous hunk, who sits next to me.

After the bell rings, we go off to our next class, English, taught by Mr Lee, a nice, but stern, British instructor. I remember nothing, except the man's accent. Again, I dream about my idol, who isn't in it.

From there I go to gym, which I dread above everything else. Luckily, since we won't receive our uniforms until the end of period, we are spared changing. On the other hand, with Eric in my class, I anticipate his undressing.

While I think about my day, someone taps me on my shoulder. Turning around, I see my god up close: Damn he looks sexy!

"Hello, Brandon, how cool, we share this class together."Mr Hottie states, flashing me his beautiful smile.

He is too good to be real: I must be dreaming! So, I pinch myself, to make sure I'm not sleeping. And, his voice sounds so hot, it instantly turns me on. In fact, when he said my name, I got hard!

"Hi, Eric, um, I want you!"

Holy,Shit, did that come out of my mouth? Is he blushing? Wait, why hasn't he kicked my ass?

"Hey, Dude, what’s up?" Nathan states. as he and Jean approach.

"Brandon, may I talk to you a minute?"

"Sure thing, Jean."

As we move away from the others, I think,

'Shit, I blew it! She must be pissed, I outed myself. Fuck, someone may kill me now!'

"Please don’t be mad, Jean, I’m sorry..."

At this point, she cuts me off by explaining,

"You don’t have to apologize, least of all to me. I understand more than you think. Let's speak later, when we are alone."

We return. Now I see my boy staring at me. His brilliant smile hypnotizes me, which freaks me out.

Fortunately, Vynse comes over. He pulls me out of earshot of the others, saving my life.

"Bran,My Man, may I chat with you a minute?"

"Yup."

"I want to ask you something."

"Sure."

"Would you mind, if I tell you, I'm attracted to you?"

"Huh, what?!"

"Don’t, like kill me, but I must be honest. You remember, when I said I go both ways, Well, I’m bi: I find you fuckin' hot!"

"Look, Vynse, there isn’t anything wrong with liking guys. But, I not attracted to you, sorry."

"Okay, however I want us to remain friends!"

"Same with me."

"Geat, one last thing. My gaydar, which never lets me down, tells me you're gay. So you can tell me, after all I already revealed my secret to you. By the way, you are only the second person, who knows it!"

"I'm dumbfounded!"

"Sometimes, silence speaks louder than words and yours tell me volumes, Brandon. You are in no way obvious. In fact, you look scary, as if you might kick anyone’s ass, who glances at you wrong!"

"You must promise never to repeat, what I'm about to say, okay?"

"Uh, duh, I wasn’t born yesterday. But, the dead don’t count, because I sometimes commune with them!"

"Huh, what? "

"I am kidding, lighten up, Dude!"

"Yes." I am.

"Awesome, I accept you're not attracted to me, I still want us to be great friends. By the way, your blond Romeo over there, has not stopped staring at you. I suggest you tell him about yourself or risk losing your chance to be with him!"

"What you do mean, no way can Eric be gay!"

"Oh, please, my gaydar says he is, as strongly as it told me you were!"

Looking back, I think Vynse must be wrong, but I hope he isn't.

Having finished our conversation, we walk back towards the others, On the way, my smiling idol taps my shoulder, before he states,

"I know we just met, but I want us to become great friends. We share most of our classes, may I sit with you guys at lunch?"

His remark thrills me, however before I can anser, Jeans ansers,

"Cool, the more the merrier!"

At this point, the coach walks over to ask,

"Listen everyone, we will begin passing out, your uniforms, starting tomorrow I expect you to wear them. When you hear your name called, go over to my office and pick it up, after which you may head to lunch."

While we wait, we keep talking, about how our day has gone so far. My idol talks my ear off the whole time, while I listen with undivided attention. Of everything he says the news we are neighbors, blows my mind.

In the meantime, Jean returns to her class.

After fifteen minutes, I'm called. From there, I head for the cafeteria, meeting my friend on the way.

We wait for the others to show up. Eric comes first, next Vynse with Nathan quickly following. As soon as we sit down, a heated argument develops.

"Hey, who’s the freak? I thought Brandon is the only strange one!" Nathan remarks.

"What the hell, I'm proud to be weird! And, I don’t give a shit, what anyone thinks about me. But, you don’t treat a friend as if he were nothing, Ass Hole!" Vynse declares with anger.

He looks at me, then he stares right into Nathan’s eyes. I quickly get between them, saying,

"Hey, Guys, its cool, no harm no foul! I’m use to that way of thinking."

"But, Bran, you should not have to be." Jean adds, while glancing at me.

The two finally calm down, with things returning to normal, or at least what ever it might be for us.

Our conversation becomes interrupted, when the three guys from the morning approach. One declares,

"Hey you freak, yeah you the tall one!"

Everyone stops talking, I turn to see two of them garing at me, however my look-alike doesn't. Instead, he tries to get them to leave.

"Uh, what?"

"How does a freak like you, get a hot girl such as her!"

The punk points to Jean.

"Just lucky, I guess."

"Oh, look here, Dudes, Freak has a back bone, but I bet he wont do anything, when I take his girl! Besides, I know what you are your a..."

My pissed off hero cuts off the loud mouth prick. He stares down the shorter boy, as if he is nothing. He goes on to declare in a commanding voice,

"You better shut the fuck up, if you know what's good for you! If any of you have a problem with him, then you will with me, and you must apologize to him right now!"

I think every student in the cafeteria hears him.

The three get even closer to each other, never losing eye contact, until my look-alike steps in. stating,

"Hey guys, chill, we don't want any trouble for the three of us, I am very sorry, let's go before you two get us in trouble!"

He stares at his buddies, then he peers back at me.

How very eerie, it seems as if I'm looking in mirror!

"Oh, what the hell, you aren't turning into a bitch, now are you, Lucas?! After all, you're supposed to have our backs, not theirs!"

"And, starting a fight, plus bringing us detention, is the way to go! You are such a dumb ass! Now, back the hell off of him!"

"Awww, or what, are you going to tell your daddy?"

"I might, for starters."

"Is there a problem here? a buff, clean shaven, blue eyed, black haired man, who stands six feet four inches, approaches asks.

I do a double take, the guy is the spitting image of me.

"What the fu..."

"I repeat, is there a problem?

"Uhh, Mr. Reynolds, ahhh, ummm... no, Sir!" Loud Mouth sputtered to the principal.

"Well then, I guess my eyes are playing tricks on me, and its not what it appears to be, which for your sakes, you better hope not."

At this moment the man pauses to allow the two ass holes to ingest his remark, after which he adds,

"Unless I am mistaken, it looked to me, as if you boys came over to these students, and you started an arguement, which, dozens witnessed. Well gentlemen, they say silence speaks volumes, So, the three of you earned yourselves your first day of detention!

Mr. Reynolds, turns around, observes me and stops dead in his tracks. He looks as if he sees a ghost,

"What is your name, Son?"

"Uh, Brandon, Sir, Brandon Redfield."

He gazes at me, then back at Lucas, Suddenly, he appears as if he will pass out.

"Well, Mr. Redfield, if you ever need to speak with me, about anything, or there is any more trouble my office is always open. This may not be any of my business, may I ask your mother's name?"

"Diana Redfield, Sir."

"I see, thank you, Brandon, I hope the rest of your first day gooes well." he concludes, while he pats my shoulder, smiles, then he walks away.

He leaves the cafeteria with Lucas.

Eric grabs my hand, taking me completely out of my thoughts. He smiles his million dollar grin, before asking,

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I think so." I say, trying to calm my nerves.

I attempt to take my hand from his, but he won't not let go. I hope Vynse is right.

"Don't let those losers get to you, if they give you any more trouble, I shall make them wish they never were born!"

I know he means every word, by the look on his face,

We spend the rst of our lunch period getting to know one another. Nathan and Vynse have grown up here, therefore they volunteer to be our tour guides. Summers lives with his mother, who is our teacher, and his little brother.

"Brandon may I talk with you alone?" Eric asks out of the blue, causing total silence around the table.

"O course." I respond, my heart starts pounding in my chest.

"Go for it, Bran, Jean adds, with a smile and wink.

As the two of us get out of ear shot range, we look in each others eyes, We seem to connect at some higher level. .

"May I ask you something, if you can't answer, I will understand."

"Sure, anything." I answer, reigning in my excitement.

"What's the deal with you and Jean?"

"We are simply friends."

"Awhile ago, Jean pulled me aside, she mentioned you might like guys."

Stunned, my mind went blank. I stood there with my mouth open unable to respond to my god. As I slowly regained my composure, I think how could she I need to come up with some explanation, however I mustn't lie to him. So after I calmed my nerves, I clear my throat to tell him something, but I nothing comes out!

I looked into his eyes, for any signs of hope she hadn't killed a possible relationship with him. Heck, I didn't even know if he is gay, nothing about him seems so.

I mustn't show I'm attracted to him by staring, therefore I turn away. Suddenly. I feel him gently grab my arm, next he grasps my hand, which takes my breath away.

"Listen to me very carefully, Brandon. I think your cool. I am not going anywhere, ever!

He pulls me into a quick one-armed hug, it feels incredible! That embrace removes my last defence, I am now ready to admit I'm in love. At the same time, it depresses me, because I couldn't chance responding. Also, I hoped it would not come back to bite me, in the ass at least not in the bad way.

As we head back, Eric has ah huge smile, which makes his eyes sparkle. Then he says.,

"Hey, Brandon, I thought of something, we are neighbors!"

The statement both surprises and excites me.

Arriving back, my idol sits next to me, then he grabs my hand. That gesture silently signals he feels the same way I do., Finally he seals his gesture with a grin, a wink, followed by a squeeze of his fingers.

Jean and Eric provide detailed explanations of why their families moved. I simply state my mom got a new job, requiring us to relocate.

The warning bell signals the end of lunch, so we quickly make our way to history class. As I sit down, I can't remember what happens, because my mind remains in a fog, thinking about my boy. Before the end of our lesson, our teacher, Mrs. Willows, reminds us about the assembly, which we leave to attend.

The auditorium is massive, it fits every student in the school, The freshmen are in the front, followed by the other classes in ascending order of senority .

The principal approaches the podium, he then states,

"Welcome students, my name is Principal Reynolds. the reason for this meeting is to inform you of a new policy, which comes into affect tomorrow morning. Your parents were notified by mail. Next, starting tomorrow, the freshman shall eat lunch, before the three other classes. Finally, I need to impress upon you the fact I was sent here to improve the performance of your school and insure all of you either graduate with skills to enter the business world or attend a college or university. You are now dismissed, good luck and congratulations on completing your first day!"

As we head back to our lockers, Jean asks,

"I noticed the principal and that kid we saw earlier look exactly like you, Bran, what’s up with that?"

"I don’t know, however I have a feeling deep down I am some how connected to both of them."

After gathering what we need, we walk towards the school exit. On the way, I hear someone yell,

"Hey, Brandon, wait up!"

I see my look-alike, Lucas, running up to me. so I stop.

"Hey. I was wondering, if you would like to hang out with me?"

"Sure. that would be cool!"

"How about now and maybe sit with you guys at lunch tomorrow?"

"Sounds good to me, but I have to ask why?"

"Because ever since lunch, I feel awful over what those idiots, whom I use to call my friends, said to you."

"I thought you all had detention."

"Nope, I tried to get them to stop. After I explained that to my dad, he let me off. He advised I select a better group of buddies, or they might lead me down a bad path. It is hard to admit, but he was right, so I decided to part ways with them. Let's face it, Dude, there is another reason. How you, my dad and I all look alike. Also, you seem cool, so I hope we become close."

"Well, today is sure full of surprises. Yeah, I'd be happy for us to become pals. Right now, I'm waiting on the rest of the brat pack."

My remark caused us to laugh, wow! Freaky, we look the same and sound the same!

We spend ten minutes chewing the fat, until the others appear. Eric comes first, soon Vynse and Nathan follow. The two are talking as if they were life long friends. Actually, they seem like the opposite sides of a coin. Only Jean remains truant.

However, before I can fret over her absence, Paul distracts me by asking,

"Hey Bran, My Man, what's up gorgeous!"

Then, he pulls me into him, before he bear hugs me, right in front of everyone.

"Back at you, Dude!"

"Relax, Sexy, I know all about you, and I want you, I am gay! Does that bother you?"

"Uh, did I hear right, you're what?!"

The remark shocks me, as I come to terms with it, Eric steps right in front of Paul, ready to do battle.

"Back the hell off!" my hero demands in a powerful commanding tone.

"Oh chill, Dude, I didn't know Bran was spoken for, too bad. But if you ever break his heart, I'll tear you into tiny pieces!"

Shit, their reaction causes me to get a big time boner! Their posturing reminds me of two knights ready to do battle over a beautiful helpless damsel.

Hey anyone see Jean yet" I ask, trying to calm everyone down.

At that instant, I see her hugging and kissing a hot, caramel colored Latino, dressed in skater garb. The kid has a well defined body, as well as the lightest brown eyes.

"Hey guys, I want to introduce Johnny to you!"

The two walk toward us.

"Everyone call me JJ"

"Jean, I didn't know you had a boyfriend?"

"Oh, Bran, I'm so sorry, I should have told you I liked someone, but I honestly didnt know, he went to this school till now."

"Cool, hope you two work out. Why don't you have him join us tomorrow for lunch?"

"Thank you, how about we all go to the mall for a while."

Everyone walks to the small shopping center, which abuts our school.

Vynse mentions there is a larger one nearby, which he promises to take us to some time,

Eric walks next to me the whole time, he makes small talk with me, at the exclusion of the others.

Once we arrive, we enter a music store, where we browse through the CDs which interest us. However, my boy remains glued to my side! He shows me the types of music he likes, even some that he could actually play. I point to mine, which is mostly heavy metal. His respoinse,

"Great, let's listen together!"

After a while, we decide to go our separate ways, but we agree to meet after one hour in the food court.

My hottie and I are now alone, we talk as if we knew each other all our lives, He mentions his family, which consists of his dad and little brother Andrew He adds his parents divorced, shortly after the birth of his sibling. He then tells me his mother received visition rights with her children, however she snubbed him, only spending her time with her younger offspring. Naturally my friend looked sad, as he speaks. I dare not ask why. I hope some day he will share the reason with me, Right now,I hate seeing him in pain.

The hour passes quickly, before I know it we walk over to our designated meeting point. Arriving, we see Jean exchanging a lip lock with JJ. I think.

'Wow, they look hot!'

In the meantime, Eric grabs my hand, then he gives me an enormous smile. Next, he takes my fingers to his lips and kisses each one. I love him so much, I don't care, who sees us (Shit, what's happening to me!).

My Sweetie buys me everything I want to eat. After we get our orders, we move over to the others. For the first time in my life, I have friends and a lover!

As I looked around the tabel, I notice Nathan and Lucas staring at each other. As soon as they catch themselves, they look away: Strange!

All of us are so absorbed in our conversations, we don't notice a guy approach Lucas and hug him in front of everyone.

"Hey, Dude, I had no idea you would be here!" the smiling hot, long blonde-haired boy states.

"Hi ,Greg, I'm hanging out, with my new friends. But, who is that with you?"

The dude's smile is replaced with a look that could kill,. I should know, I make the same face: Wow, the scene gets more interesting by the second!

"Oh, uh, him? That's only Drew, I met him today at school, its too bad you and I aren't there any more! What happened with Sam and Neil, I thought you three were tight?"

"Not after today, I found out they don't care very much for guys like us, if you follow."

Conversation dies out. During the lull, Eric asks in a loud voice,

"So, Brandon, I wonder, are you doing anything this weekend?"

"Nope."

"Good, then want to hangout?"

It feels as if everyone hears us talking. which causes me to turn red. However, I'm able to calmly reply,

"Oh, sure, that sounds cool!"

"Awesome, I can’t wait, because I will have you all to myself!" he shouts.

"I look forward to it." I retort, taken aback by his boldness.

"Hey, Guys, I think since our little brat pack is growing, we should have nick names!" Jean says, before she adds,

"Paul, Shit Head, kidding! You are Lover Boi. Bran you have that loner, leave me alone aura but also a scary presence, let's call you Scare Crow. Vynse, let,s face it, you're The Vampire."

"Okay, Jean, or should I say Queen Bee, for Bossy Bitch Lady!"

"Thats so funny, Vamp, and you, Nathan , are The Jock."

"Yeah, I AM a god at sports!!"

"Eric, you are gorgeous, majestic, something very special like our national bird, hence The Eagle."

"Cool, I love it!" my boy answers.

"A sexy, magnificiant, one!"

Oops, that 'accidently' comes out of my mouth, making him turn crimson red! I chuckle.

"Lucas, you look exactly like Scare Crow. It's uncanny, what a fortunate coincidence for you, hence I crown you Lucky Luc!"

At this point, we decide to head home, since we still have homework to do.

Paul gives us a ride,

Lucas exits first, because he lives a few houses down from this park, which is located between the apartments. After saying our goodbyes, we agree to meet him on our morning walk to school.

.Vynse lives a few blocks down from the rest of us, so he is dropped off next.

Saying our goodbyes, the rest of us go to our apartments, with JJ going with his girl.

Shortly after seven, I hear someone knocking on the front door. So I answer, only to find Lucas standing there, with tears streaming down his face.

Without a second thought, the poor kid hugs me. He continues to cry unconsolably, unable to speak. Finally, I react by stating,

"Please, Lucas, calm down. Can you tell me what happened?"

I hold onto him tightly, gently rubbing his back. I patiently wait for him to regain his composure enough to explain himself. Perhaps one half hour passes, before he speaks,

"He,... he cheated on me, the fuckin' bastard two-timed me with that ass, we saw him with earlier! I hate him so much! It's getting late, and I havent even started my homework: My dad will kill me!"

"Hey, I have an Idea, why not call him from here? Tell him, you are here with me doing your homework, lost track of time and want to stay the night. See if he will let you."

"Really, you would let me?"

He asks with the same shocked look I often show: God, it's so uncanny how he seems to have the same facial expressions I do!

"Of course, what are friends for!"

The kid does, as I suggested. At first, it sounds as if things aren't going well, untiI I hear him thank his father. Finally, he returns with a broad grin, explaining,

"He agreed!"

With that settled, I get us a snack, before we do our lessons, After finishing, we watch some TV, while we sit on my bed and chat. Next thing I know, it grows quiet, I look over to see he fell asleep. Therefore, I cover him with a blanket.

Finally, I crawl under the covers. Closing my eyes, my last thoughts are of my boy, Eric.



 
 

©Copyright 2010 Arkaea; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I saw your status update that you were doubting the verasity of this story so I decided to take a look at it and see if maybe there were some background problems keeping it from being as popular as you thought it would be. I am by no means an expert but, as a reader of all kinds of literature and a writer myself, maybe I can spot what is going on.

 

The underlying plot and premise are really good in this, but the over abundance of unnecessary commas makes the flow seem choppy and hard to settle into. I suggest going back over it and rewording the sentences to get rid of most of the commas that aren't needed for readability and to take out the commas that don't need to be there in the first place.

 

Such as:

 

She worked very hard(,) holding down several jobs(,) just so we could escape.

 

And:

 

She finally got a great job, which led us to move to an upbeat neighborhood in California(,) about two weeks ago.

 

 

Another thing ... the overall length of this chapter quite put me off, too. It's been proven that the average attention span of someone reading a story and absorbing the content is limited to 3500 to 4000 words before everything starts overwriting what was read before that. I would suggest cutting this one down and making two chapters out of it, maybe a prologue for the first part of Brandon and his mother and a complete chapter of his school exploits.

 

Everything transitions so fast, too. It was hard for me to know when he left home and arrived at school because it was limited to just a single sentence to change the scenery. Detail can be your friend if you use it wisely. There isnt much at all in this to give the reader an idea of what Brandon is like, where he lives, what his school looks like, or what anything looks like really.

 

We get a brief, generic view of the secondary characters, which is limited to hair color, eye color, and them being labeled as "hot" like Brandon is on the prowl for a bedmate right away. It's a very fast moving chapter and covers so much groundwork that it makes Brandon's thoughts and interactions seem like they pass in a lightning flash.

 

My suggestion is to slow it down and let the characters get known by the reader. Keeping up with the multitude of characters thrown at me in this first chapter was daunting and I'm sure it would be for others, too, since everybody is just thrown into the mix without any time to intro them. I had questions popping into my head the whole time I was reading it, too. Such as:

 

Vynse admitting to Brandon that he is bisexual and finds him hot. He just met Brandon and this IS high school after all. Why would he jump right in and say something like that?

 

There seems to be a conspiracy by the author to underscore exactly HOW popular Brandon is, how hot he is, and how much everybody falls for him right off the bat. This is a turn off. Nobody is perfect, not even characters ... unless they are Mary Sue (Gary Stu in this case).

 

Conflict can be your friend and put characters through situations that can cause them to grow, reflect, and become more than just single dimensional beings on a computer screen. This is not meant to hurt your feelings, nor is it meant to discourage you from continuing with the story. This is pure con crit and nothing more. You have a good thing going here and you have the potential to carry it off, but it could be better. :king:

 

 

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..