Jump to content
    bren s
  • Author
  • 508 Words
  • 531 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The world in my eyes - 1. Yellow eyes

This story is told in such a way it is read like you would tell a story at bed time. Its about companionship and love. The only reason Im publishing it on its own is because I know a few people who really enjoyed this one bit and I wanted to share it. Its a quick read and I hope you enjoy it

When I was a wee little lass this cat was just the size of a kitten. My mother told me this cat was born with the strangest of gifts. He would only age a year every seven years, with the power to live forever.

Now when I was a little girl this cat was actually thirty-five years old but physically it looked no older than five, he black fur was only just maturing, it was bushy and well groomed, the cat took excellent care of himself. His bright yellow eyes shined brightly like the stars at night setting himself apart from the other cats.

It is said that this cat was a gift to a white witch in her youth from her parents before they were separated by the wars of the kings. It is assumed that the cat was bestowed a gift from the white witch upon his adoption by her, she gave him the gift of immortality and to age slowly with her throughout their lives.

It was unfortunate that she would be so wrong, she thought she would live the life entitled to a with, an immortal life, alas it was not meant to be. After only twenty years together the white witch had come completely into her magic and the war between the kings had ended a year previous, many people had fell victim to the war, but she had helped them all. When she was around no one died that she trusted, that fought alongside her.

One day whilst alone she was confronted under the accusation that had begun practising dark magic, this was a lie, but the accusation resulted in a quick and final execution of the good white witch who sacrificed herself many times for the people of the land.

In the new king’s land those accused of dark magic, whether guilty or innocent, even if they weren’t of wiccan ancestry were automatically sentenced to death, without a trial she was executed in front of her friends and her betrayers.

Now her cat, her little boy, knew of her innocence and he didn’t agree with the execution. He meow’d long into the night every night, making people weep before they slept. They could hear his broken heart play in the night.

One night he meow’d that loudly, he awakened a strong force, the white witches spirit. She rose for a brief time from her rest and said to her little boy:

Forever you and I shall be

I made one mistake

I do not deny

Not again

In the light of your eyes

And the dark of your fur

I shall live

I shall guide

I will help

And I will bring happiness to all

 

It is now said that her soul now lives inside the cat and they travel together, forever; their story with them.

This cat is now said to bring good luck to all, just stare into the witches yellow eyes and see there souls and in that moment you will never be more alive.

Leave a review smile.png thank you
Copyright © 2016 bren s; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..