Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
[Disclaimer] My stories are about erotic, sensual, and emotional connections between gay men. Albeit romantic, sweet, and uplifting, they also contain rough, sometimes edgy, or violent sex scenes between consenting partners. If that kind of sexual display is in any way triggering for you, I suggest you do not proceed with this particular story.

Brother in Awe - 6. Love Has Left The Room

James' nude body leaned against the glass window as he stared vacantly through it, his hands caressing his blond fuzzed legs. Every once in a while, he would look at Brian lying in his bed. His body facing up, his lengthy raven hair sliding over the pillow, his broad and muscular chest moving up and down as he breathed softly, his fuzzy legs stretched and relaxed, and his beautiful cock resting peacefully over his abdomen. James smiled in contentment. He still couldn't believe Brian was there, sleeping in his room. Brian's beauty was only comparable to the love James felt inside his heart. But whenever James would look back through the glass, into the street, and remember that there was a world out there waiting for them, he would feel a squeeze in his chest, and anxiety would kick in. As the morning light stepped in unannounced and stripped away last night's wonderment, a deep sadness overcame James. His heart had opened again, and Brian had declared his love for him. But were their unconventional feelings strong enough to survive outside those walls, James asked himself.

"Morning." Brian's voice called.

"Hey." James replied, turning his head to him and beaming.

"What are you doing over there?" Brian asked, turning his body sideways, his dick dipping over the sheets already semi-hard.

"I couldn't sleep." James responded, tilting his head to admire Brian's early morning disposition. "Brian..." He said, with a charming embarrassment.

"Come here." Brian sounded, his voice loaded with lust.

James immediately complied, leaping from the window bench, hopping on the bed in a childlike manner, and landing next to Brian with his perfect smooth peach facing up. James' face was now on top of Brian's as they gazed at each other with overwhelming intimacy. Brian's hand went up to meet James', touching it gently. James' eyes immediately locked as he savored Brian's passionate touch. He dropped his head on Brian's chest as the hand continued to move over his back, and the tip of Brian's fingers slightly grazed his skin, making it prickle. They descended into James' lower back only to swing up following the roundness of his cheeks, where it finally stopped. James could feel Brian's now hard 9-inch thick cock honing against his thigh, nudging it slightly as it pulsated.

"You're so beautiful." Brian stated as he looked into James' sparkling eyes. The boy giggled as he hid his face in the hunk's chest, embarrassed. "Come here." He commanded, and with a swift move, he grabbed James' hip with his big hand and ushered his ass towards his dick, locking the two together.

The boy sighed as he felt Brian's prick taunt his crack, coating it with a substantial amount of juicy precum. Brian began grinding his pelvis forward, pushing his dick along James' cheeks and parting them gently. James took his left arm and reached back, grabbing Brian's firm, smooth muscular ass, and steering it into him. Brian's hand released James' hip bone briefly to grab his cock and aim it at the boy's already-soaked sphincter. He quickly regained hold of James' hip, gripping his fingers on his skin as he pushed inside the boy unhurriedly. While doing so, Brian plunged his mouth into James' neck and kissed it passionately, with small pecks at the beginning, then gentle licks, adding his luscious lips into the mix by sucking on the boy's soft skin. Then, as his tip finally entered James' hole, he latched his mouth on him like a vulture, chewing on him and licking him. James' moaning increased in both rhythm and vigor. There was no denying it. They both knew at that moment that what they felt for each other was beyond their comprehension, and the ease with which they seemed to find their own sexual pace lacked words to express.

"Brian..." James sighed, taking his arm up and grabbing Brian by his hair.

"James..." Brian grunted, sliding his cock inside easily since it had now slavered the boy's pink hole with buckets of precum.

There was no crescendo. As soon as his prick was in, Brian was plowing his massive cock inside James. Taking it out to the tip, shoving it back in with a mighty swag. Five minutes in, Brian was pumping sweat as the slapping sounds of his damp hips hitting James' peach reverberated across the room. James' moans were leaving the tender territory and entering the pleasurable pain domain. The boy now whimpered in a high-pitched tone that only seemed to entice Brian even more. As the hunk pummeled his dick deeper, hitting James' prostate, the boy began biting down on his lips, trying to cage the screams that clamored for freedom. Noticing this, Brian lowered the pace, continuing the grind but keeping his pelvis closer by taking his arm and enveloping it around James' stomach. By doing so, the tip of his cock was grazing James' prone surgically, giving the boy's pleasure surges no time to respire.

"Brian...fuck!" James hollered, a surprising rasp in his voice, almost animal-like. He went to scream, but anticipating this, Brian clenched his hand over his mouth.

"Baby..." Brian grunted into James' neck as the boy's muffled screams pushed from within his grip.

James' eyes rolled back as he felt the first shot of Brian's load enter him. It was warm and took no time to load the deepest recesses of his insides. With each twitch of his hips, Brian planted more sap inside, the strings becoming long and thick. To control his grunting, the hunk bit down James' shoulder, letting go of his grip on the boy's mouth. As he did, a sharp gasp broke from James' mouth.

"Oh my god!" James spat out, still holding on to Brian's locks, as the hunk's hips twitched with his orgasm's last convulsions.

"Oh fuck. That feels so good." Brian emitted, his body bucking as he let out these soft giggles.

Once he pulled out, James' taint queefed loudly, releasing copious amounts of batter that started leaking down his thighs. Curious to see it in broad daylight, Brian stood up eagerly and spread James' cheeks, exposing his loose, drooling hole as it puckered, trying to close again.

"Wow. Did I do that?" He noted, teasing James.

"Brian!" James uttered, burying his head in his pillow, mortified.

Brian returned, wrapping his legs around James and forcing him to face him again. The boy wrung his hands over his face, hiding his laughter. Brian laughed along with him, both enjoying the rush of euphoria. Once it subsided, James finally revealed his face, only to find Brian staring back at him, his green eyes shimmering as tears of happiness announced themselves.

"What?" James questioned.

"It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw." Brian stated, not an ounce of sarcasm or irony in his voice. He meant it. Brushing James' curls away from his face, he took his lips closer and kissed James with ardor. Their mouths locked, and their tongues danced inside as their moans and nose breathing mingled. They finally unlocked, James' insatiable tongue still chasing Brian's mouth as it pulled away. Brian halted, his head hovering over James'.

"I love you, James." He professed.

James gazed at Brian, and for a brief moment, words escaped him. His happiness at that moment was just overwhelming. Then, finally, his arms clung ferociously around Brian's neck, drawing him in for an embrace. And they lay there naked, for more than one hour, in the most restful silence. And for the first time in his life, James was late for school.

During the following days, things started to adjust to the new normal. Brian moved his stuff out of Vanessa's place. James chatted to George about Brian moving in, and he seemed eager to have another person join the gang. Despite their excitement, Brian declined as he had already gotten a room near the bar where he worked. And would regularly join Robert, his new roommate, for training sessions at the local gym. But it seemed Brian was using it solely to store his stuff, as most of his spare time was spent at James' house, specifically, his bed. James and Brian planned their days off so that they would have more time together. Their bond seemed unbreakable, and the thought of spending one second of their time away from each other was inconceivable. Their bodies were always touching, their hands always interlaced, and even George acknowledged that James was a more lively person since Brian started hanging around the house. They'd spend most of their time cooped up in James' room, but the boy made a conscious effort not to dismiss George's presence and would use breakfast, lunch, and dinner as an excuse to catch up with his roommate.

"Morning, love bird?" George welcomed with excitement as James exited his room, his eyes still struggling to spread, wearing only baggy shorts.

"Morning." James replied, his voice still raspy. "Can I have one of those?" He asked as he gazed at George's perfectly cooked French toast.

"Sure, dude." He responded, promptly standing up and turning his stomach towards the oven.

As he did, Brian exited the room, completely bare, his dick dangling between his thighs, that post-sex hardness showcasing the hunks' massive size. Brian had the most beautiful, perfect dick, James thought to himself, beaming at him as he walked in his direction.

"Morning!" Brian stated, leaning into James, sticking his tongue inside his mouth, and planting a passionate kiss on him so well executed that the popping sound of their mouths parting grabbed George's attention.

"Hey!" George said as he turned around. "Holy shit!" He uttered with complete surprise and shock as he peeked at Brian's cock, instantly turning around towards the oven. "Dude, you're huge!" He proclaimed.

James and Brian looked at each other and chuckled. Brian signaled James with his head, and the boy stood up. Brian sat down, and James took his rightful place on his lap. As soon as James' peach touched Brian's crotch, he looked at him and grinned. Brian was hard. Again.

"Thanks, man." Brian stated, chuckling at George, who proceeded to dip the bread in the egg sauce.

"Look, I'm not gonna pretend I didn't hear you guys fucking like animals for the past week." George stated. "But damn, J," He said, turning around and carefully placing the toast on James' plate, "How in the hell do you fit that thing inside your butt?" He asked with a genuine and almost scientific interest. Brian, who was about to chug a glass of juice, spat it out, laughing.

"Geez, is this what you guys talk about over breakfast?" He questioned as he preened his mouth with a napkin.

"George likes to keep himself informed, right?" James stated, winking at George, who nodded back in agreement. "To answer your question: I don't know..." James said, turning his head to face Brian, "I guess...it's just the perfect fit." He noted, unfurling his beautiful plump red lips into a smile.

Brian stared at him in complete surrender. He dropped his head slightly, touched James' neck with his nose, and took a big whiff as he closed his eyes, enjoying the boy's scent like a fine delicacy. He then planted a wet and noisy peck on his skin. James turned around to find George staring at them, his mouth slightly dropped.

"Dude, I want that." He uttered, immediately realizing the awkward nature of his statement. "I mean, I wish I had that." He explained, rolling his eyes at himself.

"Right, I'm out." Brian informed, slapping James' ass, making him flinch from his lap. " Going to my place to grab my gym gear. I'm meeting Robert in about an hour." He said, running to the room and grabbing his keys. "I'll see you later, after school?" He asked James.

"I have a double shift today." James informed. Then he paused, mustering the courage to ask. "But...I can stop by the bar after...maybe wait for you, and we can come here together?" He shot, waiting eagerly for the result.

"Nah, it's ok. Text me, and I'll meet you here. Later!" Brian fired, planting a disturbingly formal kiss on James' cheek and flying out the door.

As the door slammed, a somber silence took place. Then, finally, George took it upon himself to generously break it.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asked with a concerned look.

"No." James said, smiling at George and clearing him of any responsibility as he began clearing the dishes.

George wanted to comfort James, but he sensed his friend just needed to be alone, so he got up and went to take a shower. James was left alone in his solitude, which he knew too well. The easiness of Brian's presence and the comfort of their intimacy diminished every time James attempted to stretch their love beyond the walls of that apartment. James wanted to be understanding. After all, this was as new to him as it was to Brian. Maybe he just needed time, James thought. But as he stood in front of the kitchen sink, James realized that he was reverting to his old insecure self, managing his expectations, waiting for people to change. And he couldn't do that anymore. Because despite his present happiness and his love for Brian, that's a mistake he was determined not to repeat.

Later that evening, James got off work and went straight home. He texted Brian that he was home and taking a hot shower. Brian texted him back as he got to his room, still wet.

"One hour. Can't wait to hold you. B." It read.

James' heart raced. No matter how many tricks his mind would play on him, what he felt reading that text was the only truth his heart accepted. Brian loved him. He lay naked on the bed, his smooth body grazing the washed sheets. There was no better feeling. Completely relaxed, he fell asleep. He drifted into a slumber, with sounds in the distance of George playing on the console, a door opening, and a shower running. Finally, he felt the bed shifting and Brian's heavy body pressing inside. He could feel his naked body cuddle him from behind, but he was too tired to react, eventually losing consciousness.

"James?" Brian asked softly, waiting for a response, but the boy was asleep. "I'm home." His voice whispered privately.

Brian kissed his neck, sniffed his skin, swathed his muscular arm around him, took a deep breath, and held James in the dark like an immeasurable treasure.

Weeks went by, and the mood was steady as James and Brian grew closer and closer. Their intimacy was overwhelmingly boundless. The deeper they went, the more space they conquered, and that room seemed like the only thing that existed in their lives. They would talk about their day, stand in silence gazing at each other for hours, and lay naked in the bed, their bodies interlaced like strings of wool to where they couldn't even tell where one ended and the other began. James would draw Brian from time to time while he read or slept, the tips of his fingers dirty from all the chalk, trying to do it without Brian's knowledge. He always thought Brian became even more beautiful when no one was watching. However, for Brian, being looked at was commonplace.

"Don't move." James ordered as Brian lifted his head, attempting to speak.

"I need to pee." Brian stated, teasing him.

"Hold it in. Let me finish this first." James continued with a stringent and surprisingly authoritarian tone.

"You know I get hard when you're sketching like that." Brian taunted, his dick showing the truth in his statement. Yet he obeyed, keeping his head in his book.

"You're always hard." James said as he pursed his plump lips, trying to get that perfect angle in his hand.

"Are we doing this for fun?" Brian asked.

"Hum...no." James uttered, reluctant. "The gallery called me back. They want me to do another show." He said, his eyes hovering over the sheet of paper, digging for Brian's reaction.

"Fuck, can I hug you?" Brian fired, holding his head in place with a mighty effort.

"Just a sec. I'm almost done." James replied. Then he stopped, holding the drawing board, still concealing his face as if shielding him from what was to come. "I want you there."

"Of course, I'll be there." Brian said with no hesitation.

"As my date." James uttered, followed by silence.

"Like prom?" Brian teased.

"Brian, I'm serious." James replied, blowing the extra chalk over the sketch and placing the board on the desk beside him. His naked body was now on full display. Brian raised his head, and as soon as he looked up, his eyes scintillated with enchantment.

"You're so beautiful." He said as he gazed at James' smooth body and his pink, perfect dick resting peacefully between his thighs.

"Stop doing that." James retaliated.

"What?" Brian said with a mischievous grin.

"You always do that. Whenever I ask or suggest something. Stop shutting me off with sex." He argued. Brian chuckled.

"Is that what you think I do?" He asked, attempting to control his laughter.

"Yes..." James replied, questioning himself. He turned his head to face the window.

"Hey...look at me." Brian asked, his laughing tone now sobering up. James obliged reluctantly. "What are you afraid of?" He asked bluntly.

James looked outside again as his eyes glistened. Brian pulled himself forward.

"I'm...I just...I'm afraid we'll never be able to have this...out there." He said, his voice cracking. Brian's eyes closed. Like he had just felt James' pain at that moment, and he did feel it.

"What we have...it's not meant to survive out there. It would kill us. It would kill what we have." Brian argued as he reached closer to the edge of the bed.

"You don't know that..." James muttered, scraping his nail on the desk's old wood. "You're just afraid..." He continued as his voice got vigorous. "You're afraid of what people will say." He stated, now turning his head and facing Brian's eyes. Those beautiful, deep, green eyes. And when he did, he discovered them glazed with tears.

"Brian..." James whispered, stretching his hand to touch Brian's face, caressing his beard.

"I...wish...I could..." Brian uttered, his voice clawing its way out of his throat.

But James didn't let him finish. He loved Brian too much to see him aching. So instead, he ushered over to him, scissoring his legs around his waist, their cocks frotting.

"Shut up and fuck me." James invited.

But Brian didn't oblige.

He didn't fuck James.

That afternoon, Brian made love to him.

And together, the two men uncovered new depths of their infinite intimacy.

A month passed, and James spent most of his time sketching and painting. By now, his and George's small flat was starting to look like a storage room for James' work. The show was a week away, and George could feel his friend's anxiety build. Brian tried to spend less time in James' room since the boy often isolated himself when finishing a piece. So he ended up spending more time with George, and they started bonding more. Maybe it was the straight thing, even though neither was a conventional straight guy. Or perhaps it was just their laid-back attitude. Whatever it was, there was a bromance developing. James sometimes would catch them sharing porn videos or commenting on some chick's tits on TV, which James thought was particularly arousing. As the closeness between the two began to solidify, and having only one piece left to close the show, James took it upon himself to enjoy a night of dinner and drinks in the company of Brian and George. They started with some cold beers, but an hour in, they had cracked one of Brian's whisky bottles he brought from work.

"This is some good shit. Get the glasses, baby." Brian told James, who promptly grabbed them from one of the top cupboards.

"On three?" George teased, knowing full well the game at hand. James sat down as Brian filled the glasses like a seasoned pro. "One, two, three." George counted as all men chugged the small shot glasses into their mouths.

Brian poured three more, but James shook his head in disagreement. He got up and walked to his room. Brian and George looked at each other, shrugged, and chugged another shot, bumping their fists afterward.

"Dude, your arm is so wide. You should get a tattoo right there." George suggested pointing his finger at Brian's forearm. Brian lifted his arm and examined it. "Wait a sec." George said as he got up and ran to the table in the living room, grabbing a black marker. "Here, give it to me." He said, extending his hand to receive Brian's muscular arm. Brian offered himself and placed his arm inside George's hand.

George began drawing carefully on Brian's skin. He was so committed and concentrated that his tongue swelled out his mouth most adorably. Brian caught this and chuckled to himself.

"I'm no James, dude." George noted.

"It's cool. It feels good. Relaxing." Brian said, reclining his back on the chair and exhaling deeply.

"Skin ASMR." George mocked.

By now, James had come back from the room. The boys hadn't even noticed as he sat on the couch facing the kitchen table, his sketch board in hand as he began to capture the moment. A few minutes in, he extended his arm to the side and shut the light from one of the lamps.

"Perfect." He mumbled, resuming his work, sliding his slender fingers across the paper gracefully and confidently. James was mastering his craft at this point. Brian finally caught a glimpse of James and turned his face to meet him. "Don't move. Go back." James ordered.

"Now?" Brian asked, slightly annoyed.

But James was getting into the flow of things, and Brian knew he wouldn't stop until he finished. George remained focused, drawing on Brian's arm. And for a couple of minutes, all three stood in complete silence, enjoying the freedom of serenity. As James stood there, contemplating that sight, trying to capture its voyeuristic essence, he got emotional. James realized that what he was feeling was happiness. Fleeting and elusive as time itself. That moment would never happen again. He had been chasing a rush all this time, only to realize that happiness isn't a perpetual state of mind. It's a sudden rush of blood to the head, a sprinkle of life, a note on the fridge door, a text in the middle of the night, a pen sliding on your forearm, chalk skating on a sheet of paper, a lustful look and a passionate touch. Perhaps Brian was right, James taught. Maybe love was like happiness. Fleeting and just barely noticeable in the greater scheme of things. Maybe Brian just wanted to protect it. James' tears began to plunge on the drawing paper, and as they did, he would use it to smudge it, creating shapes and shadows with commanding artistry. The wonderment James felt was pouring into his work, literally. A sense of peace and serenity enveloped him as he drew the finishing touches on the sketch, about the same time George finished his.

"Done." James sounded.

Brian looked at him, tilting his head sideways, trying to scan James. Then, finally, their eyes met, and they both smiled. At that moment, James felt alive, more than he had ever before in his life. Brian was his happiness, the thing he was always chasing. And he was finally there, within his grasp, shielding him from the perils of the outside world and tending to his needs like a private gardener of a rare and delicate flower. And for that, James could afford to give him time to adjust.

Two days left until the exhibition, and James had stayed in his room, trying to finish everything in time. And as far as Brian is concerned, he knew exactly how to make James relax whenever he took a break from work.

"Brian..." James sluggishly moaned.

"What?" Brian asked, his deep voice muffled, his face shoved inside James' crack.

"We need to get out of this room." James suggested as he tried to control his voice, tensing his body in pleasure as Brian's tongue swirled around his taint.

"Now?" Brian teased, pulling his head away from the boy's sphincter to ask, then unfurling his bubble cheeks, spitting inside and going back in, tongue out.

"I mean...After you finish what you're doing." James replied, giggling into his pillow as he lifted his ass into Brian's face.

"You like this, baby?" Brian teased, knowing full well he was sending James over the edge. The boy wailed in agreement. "I could eat your ass all day. It tastes so fucking good." Brian confirmed, his arms enveloping James' waist, his hands pulling the boy's ass into him.

He slurped greedily, sliding his tongue from the ball sack into James' hole, sticking his tongue inside, loosening it, and savoring the boy's irresistible musky flavor. His beard sanded on James' smooth skin, reddening it. The boy would moan with each sputter which teased Brian even more, making him slap James' ass with vigor.

"I need to be inside you." Brian stated as he stood up, knees on the bed, bending over James, inclining his body, and sliding his dick inside.

James arched his head back, compelling Brian to brush his fingers through James' blond curls, grabbing onto them as he initiated his pounding. His thrusts were moderate as he patiently waited for James' hole to adjust. Once he felt the hole loosen, his shoves became more aggressive and prevalent. But James' whimpers begged for Brian's alpha energy. And Brian would never disappoint. He began ravaging, pushing inside with brutal force, making James' body propel forward on the bed, the only thing holding it being Brian's firm grip as he held on to James' hips. Both men lost track of time as Brian fucked James' hole for over twenty minutes, sweating profusely as the strings of salty water trickled on James' back.

"Fuck baby, you're gonna wear me out." Brian puffed out, his breath erratic, maintaining every ounce of his stamina.

"You're loosening me up so much..." James wailed, his voice buried inside the pillow. "Don't...stop...fucking...me." He cried out, his hands gripping the sheets, his wailing cut short by the violent thrusts.

"Fuck!" Brian bellowed, sliding his hands down James' back and pressing them into the mattress, making the boy's ass stick out even more.

He held James' hips, halted to catch his breath, and resumed his ferocious plowing with complete resolve. Between James' sobs, wails, and the jiggling of his ass cheeks as Brian battered them, there was little recollection of when both came. But they felt it at the same time. Brian slapped James' peachy bum as he unloaded his jizz inside the boy's ass. And as the loads diminished, his body collapsed on top of James' now flaccid figure. Brian lay there, his large body covering James in a shielding embrace, his muscular ass still fidgeting as he unloaded the last shots of cum.

"Brian..." James mumbled, his voice dragging and frail.

"I know..." Brian stated, his cinnamon breath surrounding James as he breathed on him heavily, his sweaty body adhering to the boy's back. "That was the best fuck of my life!" He uttered, positively beaming as he rested his head on James' smooth back.

They fell asleep, their breaths escorting each other into a dream state as the room became enveloped by the scent of sweat, fresh paint, and leather frames.

Two days passed, and James' exhibit was all set. George had planned an after-party at the local club to commemorate James' achievements. In turn, James felt surprisingly calm that day, exuding a charming confidence that Brian couldn't help but comment.

"You're even more beautiful than usual." He stated as he stared at James, fixing his white shirt with gold pleating on the mirror. The boy looked back at him through the reflection and chuckled.

"Hurry up. I don't wanna be late." The boy ordered. Brian hooped from the bed, put his leather jacket on, and as he did, James could feel the scent of cinnamon slide through him. "Brian?" He said. "I'm glad you'll be there by my side." The boy declared, his eyes glistening with emotion. But to his dismay, James' comment was met with a vacant look. Something he had forgotten Brian had in him. "We should go." He said, trying to shake the sense of insecurity washing over him.

They left the apartment, James texted George, and they caught an Uber. During the twenty-minute ride to the gallery, Brian didn't utter a word, and for the first time since Brian left Vanessa's house, James felt the distance between them widen. Finally, they left the car and stood outside the door to the exhibit. A large and wide panel with the show's name was right before it. And there, it read:

"B."

"Is that the show's name?" Brian asked. James nodded, and as he did, he stretched his hand to Brian.

James stood there, his hand reaching out. But Brian halted and took two steps back. James' heart sank to his stomach as he felt a cold wave rush through his body. The two men stood there staring at each other. They both knew, deep down, that this moment was inevitable. They had felt it every time they stepped out of that room, the place they had erected to shelter and protect their love.

"I'm sorry..." Brian said, stumbling to utter the words. "I love you. But...I can't." He stated, tears running down his face.

"You promised." James replied, his voice breaking. "You said you wouldn't leave." He uttered, his lips shaking as the words departed his mouth.

Brian couldn't reply. The pain and disappointment on James' face were overpowering him. And for the first time in his life, Brian felt powerless and feeble. And before he could attempt to correct his wrongdoing, James turned around and walked inside, leaving him alone on the sidewalk. He stood there, watching James being greeted by his friends, teachers, and art collectors, finally reaping the bounties of his hard work and talent. And Brian wasn't there to share it with him. He had boycotted himself out of that experience. His fear took hold of him, snatching any chance of happiness away and probably severing James' love for him permanently. He turned around and walked away, his broad silhouette fading on the street's horizon.

Inside, James mingled and took in the fruits of his labor. He was gradually becoming a prominent local figure in the cultural art scene. Midway through the night and he had sold all his work. After being rented for most of the night since all who attended wanted a piece of his time, James finally found a quiet moment to breathe. He hid behind one of the panels, holding an empty cocktail glass. He started to breathe heavily, and as he did, he could feel it returning, the hurt and disappointment. The sadness and melancholy. Was he too hard on Brian? Should he have waited for him? All these thoughts raced through his head so quickly that he felt dizzy and had to hold himself to the panel, not to fall back. Then, as he tried to collect himself, he heard a voice.

"Did you buy this one?" The male voice said.

"How could I not." The female voice said.

James' heart stopped. It was Vanessa's voice.

"He is talented. You probably didn't need to pay for it, though. I mean, he's your brother, after all?" The man commented.

"All the more reason." Vanessa replied.

James brushed his face with his hand, trying to calm himself, and went around the large panel to meet his sister. As he cornered it, Vanessa's head turned to meet him, and she smiled. Not a warm smile, but welcoming.

"Hey." James greeted reluctantly.

"Hey, Picasso." She said, teasing him. James smiled and glanced at the handsome man next to her. "This is Stewart, my colleague at the firm." She declared, introducing him.

"Nice to meet you, Stewart." James said, extending his hand to greet him. Stewart returned the gesture with a firm shake.

"Can you give us a sec, hun?" Vanessa requested, subtly indicating for Stewart to leave them alone.

"Sure." Stewart said, kissing Vanessa on the mouth. "It was a pleasure, James." He said, stepping away towards the front door.

Vanessa and James stood there in silence for a brief moment before she finally took charge and broke the silence.

"How have you been?" She asked.

"Good." He replied, his voice weakening. "Ok." He said.

"Liar." She uttered. "Did he bail on you?" She asked. James' eyes widened in surprise. He shook his head reluctantly. She took a few steps over to him, nudging her shoulder into his. "Brian is just scared." She said as she looked at the painting before them, depicting her as she sat on their old sofa, reading a book. "Don't be too hard on him." She advised, looking at James, whose eyes were watering. "He'll come around." She declared.

"How do you know that?" James asked, his voice becoming softer and serener.

"Because he's in love. And people do stupid shit when they're in love." She stated. "Trust me, I know." She voiced, almost to herself. "Don't expect everything to be perfect, James. People fuck up." Vanessa declared.

"I'm glad you came." James said, finally lifting his head and looking at his sister, who beamed at him.

"Me too. I'm proud of you, kid." She declared, winking.

"I'm not a kid anymore." He said jokingly.

"No...you are not." She agreed, kissing James on the cheek. James stood there smiling as he observed his sister walk away, relieved they had started mending their wounds and glad she finally seemed happy again.

James wrapped up his business that night and joined his friends as they headed to the club. On their way there, George frowned.

"I didn't see Brian..." He questioned, forcing James to divulge the meaning of his absence.

"He didn't come." James responded. Suddenly George stopped. "What?" James asked, intrigued.

"Shoot, I forgot my phone in the gallery. You go ahead. I'll meet you guys there." He said, reaching for every pocket in his jacket with his hands.

"You sure?" James questioned. George nodded in agreement. "Ok. See you there."

George stood there, waiting for James to turn the corner before raising his arm over the driveway and hailing for a cab. He jumped inside, drove straight home, ran into the building, up the stairs, and opened the door to the small flat to find Brian, with a backpack on his shoulder, ready to leave. George was panting as he stood there looking at Brian, an anxious look on his face.

"Dude, what the fuck are you doing?" He said, visibly upset. Brian looked at him for a while, sinking his head, almost ashamed. "You can't do this to him." George yelled, desperate.

"You don't understand, George," Brian argued as he sloped against the bedroom doorway. "James doesn't stand a chance with me." He stated, his deep green eyes glazing over with tears. "I'll just hold him back." He concluded. George looked at him, stunned.

"If you leave, he'll be miserable." George noted.

"He'll eventually get over it. And move on." Brian said, his voice barren and soulless.

"How fucking stupid can you be?" George contested heatedly. Brian lifted his head with surprise. "You still haven't learned." George conveyed, and without pause, he stepped forward, snatched the backpack from Brian's tall shoulder, grabbed his face with both hands and looked the raven-haired hunk straight in the eyes. "He's always waiting for you. He'll always wait for you. YOU'RE HIS FUCKING SOULMATE, DUDE!" He yelled, furiously frustrated.

Brian's eyes twitched as he grasped the meaning of George's words. It was all there. That boy, who had only experienced a fraction of what his love for James could offer, conveyed to Brian all he needed to hear. And suddenly, he understood just how profoundly mistaken he was.

"What the fuck have I done..." He said, his head still held by George's hands.

"I know, dude!" George uttered, showing a slight relief. "Let's fucking go!" He ordered.

"What?...what do you mean?" Brian said, bewildered.

"Get the fucking car keys. He's at the club. We still have time!" George ushered, grabbing Brian's coat and pulling him towards the door and down the building's main stairs.

Brian felt numb as they drove twelve blocks over to the club. He hadn't been fearful about anything in his life. But his heart was pounding so much he felt he might faint. Finally, they parked the car and ran inside, George signaling the usher to let them through. As they entered, the music was thumping, and the place was packed. The strobing lights made the mood even more hectic as Brian scanned the room for James.

"There!" George said behind him, pointing to the center of the dance floor.

Brian turned his head, and there he was. James. Looking the most beautiful Brian had ever seen him. Dancing as his golden locks soared freely above his head, his body moving in slow motion with an overpowering sensuality. Brian walked around the main floor, sipping every bit of James' movements. Suddenly, two attractive men approached James and circled him. Brian's eyes became transfixed on the events. They started grazing their hands on James' body, driving their bodies into him, following the music. James' body seemed to radiate a gravitational pull, compelling every man around him to engage. Brian was entranced. He didn't think he could love James more. But every swing and bounce of the boy's body opened more space inside his heart, surging it with unlimited, unconditional love. He finally stopped a few feet from the steps leading down to where James was. As he moved forward, Brian felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Hey, Brian!" A male voice uttered, the voice muffled by the blasting music. Brian turned around.

"Robert..." Brian replied, stunned by the strange coincidence.

"Haven't seen you at the gym. What the fuck are you doing here?" He asked.

"I...came looking for someone." Brian responded, looking at James, who had the two gorgeous men grinding on his ass and pelvis. Robert looked in James' direction with slight discomfort.

"Fucking queers, right?" He said with disdain.

Brian looked at him briefly, glancing at George across the room, who smiled and gave him a thumbs up. Brian smiled back and winked. He turned around, removed his jacket, and threw it on Robert's hands.

"Can you hold that for me, Robert? I need to go meet my boyfriend." Brian declared, turning his back and walking towards James. As he did, he crossed his arms, brought his hands to his waist, pulled his shirt over his head, and tossed it to the side, exposing his fuzzy, broad chest and muscular upper body and his long, raven dark hair wrapped in an untidy bun. And his ripped, skinny jeans hugged his sinewy ass as it bounced while he walked. There was a collective inaudible gasp on the floor, and as Brian drove towards James, every woman and man turned to look at him. There was no denying it. Brian was perfect. But his sight was laser-focused, and as he began to reach James, he stalled, finally coming to a stop.

"Hey, Bud." He sounded. He didn't even make an effort, yet the deepness and intent in his voice reached James, who turned his head to face him, his body latched inside two strangers. Brian tilted his head, signaling the men to leave. His face must have meant business because, despite their prior efforts, as soon as they looked at Brian, their chances of scoring with James vanished, and they proceeded to leave. "So this is what happens when I leave you alone for one minute." He said teasingly. James' smile stretched for miles as he beamed at Brian.

"I was just killing time. Until you came back to me." He said, with a cocky attitude. Brian beamed.

He walked over to James, moving his body to the rhythm of the music, and rang his arms around him. Then, pulling him over, he took his mouth to the boy's ear.

"You are my best friend. My brother. My lover. My light. My reason to live. You are my soulmate, James." Brian professed, his words lost in secrecy, protected under the thumping sounds heard around the dance floor. James lifted his head and looked Brian in the eyes, beaming, his arms grabbing the hunk's massive back.

"Ditto." James murmured.

Brian cradled James' head in his hand and pulled him towards his mouth for a kiss, their luscious lips locking as their tongues swirled inside, interlacing in a vibrant and growing melody.

That night, James and Brian danced together like it was their last day on earth. Their bodies moving as one. Two souls merging in complete surrender to each other. No fear. No pain. Just lust, rapture, and euphoria. And everyone at that club gazed at them in awe as if no purest form of love had ever existed. Did James and Brian live happily ever after? Who knows. But when love like this comes your way, you better seize it! And they did.

They absolutely did!

THE END

Copyright © 2023 CasualWanderer82; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 19
  • Wow 1
Thank you for allowing me to take you on another one of my journeys. I hope you continue to enjoy reading as much as I did writing. I encourage you to share your comments, feedback and hit the recommendations to help my work reach more readers!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome story. Thank you George for getting to Brian and getting them back together!

  • Love 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, VBlew said:

Awesome story. Thank you George for getting to Brian and getting them back together!

George is the GOAT 🐐 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..