Jump to content
    Cryptic
  • Author
  • 11,907 Words
  • 822 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Eclipsed - 1. Chapter 1

This story never happened and I was writing out of bored if you like cool. This is my first story.

He was moving for the first time or he thought this was a very elaborate prank his parents are doing to him. He didn’t care that his family was moving and leaving everything he knew behind, except the only thing he knew was the stuff past his childhood really. He actually felt really out of place from his old place. So he didn’t feel emotionally attached to his friends or his old house. He had what he needed. His family.

 

He was actually really bored from where he lived. Not to say he wasn’t popular or anything. He had, has, plenty of friends back at his old home. He was hoping to find his new home a place for him to belong or lose all the boredom he had at his old place. He had been on the rode for about an hour and the night driving was getting him extremely tired. He dosed off looking into eclipsing moon.

 

He woke about three hours later and the moon was finalizing its last stage of it eclipse. He woke up to an interesting conversation that his parents having. He stayed quiet to listen to what they were talking about.

 

“Do you think Felix remembers anything from this place?” His mother had asked.

 

“Sweetie if he remembered anything about our old place. He would have said something about it by now and surely Robbie doesn’t know cause he wasn’t born yet. Don’t you think?” His father replied.

 

“I guess you are right.” She said with out paying attention to what she saying.

 

“I’m always right.” Felix’s dad responded confidently.

 

Now paying full attention, Felix’s mother smacked her husband across the head and mumbled something incoherent to her self. Felix drifted back to sleep with the conversation playing over and over in his head. Apparently he had lived at his new old home before.

  

I woke up the next day to see a moving van across the street from my house. It was about time that house got sold… for the sixth time. It looks like the family still hasn’t moved it, since no cars are there other than the moving van. I hope these people stay here longer than the other families that have lived there before. If they do move I hope they give some type of warning unlike every family that has lived there before that has just upped and left with out warning. Ok, fine they did give a warning. The moving van and the “For sale” sign.

 

I guess I should stop peeping out of this window and head down for breakfast. Don’t want to be late for school or do I? Actually the only reason I’m heading down is for my mom wont yell at me to actually come down. It’s not to say I don’t get a long with my folks. It’s just that we have very different opinions on stuff but I love them and I hope they love me. This shouldn’t be a one-way street but it is.

 

My parents, well okay, my mom is very strict with having stuff in order and done but she is never mean. I don’t know how she rules with an iron fist of kindness but she has her ways of guilt tripping you till you are crying. My dad is way more lay back but 100 times stricter if he sets down a rule. Be afraid, very afraid if you break that rule of the month.

 

As I’m walking down the hall to head downstairs, I noticed that my sister’s room door is still closed. That’s one of my dads rule, if you aren’t in the room leave the door open so the air circulates. Crazy mumbo jumbo. I know.

 

I giggle to myself since she is going to get in trouble one way or another. From mom or dad. I don’t hate her. Don’t get me wrong. It’s just that having an older sibling that my parents are telling me I should be more like gets annoying. She’s 17 I’m 15. I thrive on her getting punished for the little things but I feel really bad when she gets in trouble for the big things. Go figure.

 

When I finally reach the kitchen or dining room. However you want to see it. I like calling it the “Ditching room” sounds cool to me. I see there is an extra head at the table, a blonde curly hair head. I know who it is with out even having to see her face. I sigh audibly so she can tell I’m in the room See, I don’t hate her. I don’t even dislike her. She is supposed to be my best friend, but lately, well always, it doesn’t feel like she is. I actually think she has a crush on me. Flattered and all that, but no thanks.

 

I’ve never seen myself with anyone. The only thing I’ve ever seen is myself with a child. A son. There has never been a wife in my future daydreams, its just my son and me. I’ve never felt anyone to be my best friend. I haven’t had that close bond to anyone well except when I was like 4 till 7 years old with the boy that lived across the street. My parents said him and me were born with a day between births at the same exact time. As I’m finishing these thoughts I notice that she is turning her head to look at me with a big smile plastered on her face.

“Hey Jamie” she says all bushy tailed and gleaming.

“James. Hey Cindy. How can you be so happy in the morning? What time do you wake up that you get here before I actually wake up?” I asked squinting my eyes at her.

It’s James. Not Jamie or Jay or anything of the sort. James. No one calls me anything but James. Not even my parents have the privilege.

“Geeees. James you say it like I have to walk 20 minutes to get here. I only live on the corner. And!!! I only wake up 15 minutes before you. How come you don’t let me use Jamie? I’ve known you for like 7 years now. We are best friends I should at least get to call you that.”

“Well Cindy. If you start calling me that then everyone is going to start calling me that. Then the name looses its value. I don’t want to discriminate either. My parents don’t even call me that.” I gave her that line of fat so she could get off it and not bother me for a while.

“Fine. Like usual, you are unfair but right.” She said with a pout and I had to laugh at.

“Sooooo? Did you see someone has bought the house across yours?”

“Really?!” I asked in a mock shock. “Of course I noticed. As it happens that the first thing I see when I wake up everyday. That house. I wonder how long these people will last in this house?” It really wasn’t a question to be answered but apparently she took it upon her self to answer.

“Well, we’ll find out soon enough but for now we better start heading out to school” she says this all while dragging me out the front door. ”Hey where’s your sister?”

I snort “Still in her room.”

“Ahhh. At least your mom and not your dad that is punishing her. I hope she leaves the door open when she gets out or she is in double the trouble.” She said sincerely.

 

***~~~***

 

School. That’s just what it was. School. Nothing interesting happened. Nothing boring happened. The only highlight of the day was the fight. It wasn’t even anything major. I wasn’t even around for it. I was stuck in the library during lunch working on my 6th period report. I’m a procrastinator. From what I heard some kid broke his arm in the fight and there was 3 cops cars. So if I have my high school gossip right, there was a fight. A kid got punched in the face. Broke his nose. And that was it.

 

While I was walking home from school. I hear someone calling out my name. I don’t even stop or turn around. I already know who it is.

“Hey Cindy.” I say as her foot steps fall in with mine.

“Didn’t you hear me calling your name? You could’ve waited. Why do you always do this?” She said tiredly.

“For one. I slowed down when you said my name. Second you are the one that’s always late. I told you I was only going to wait 5 minutes out side for you. Also if you look that way” I said pointing to recently sold house. “Looks like we have new neighbors. Want to drop by see what they look like? Oh and say hello.”

 

She didn’t even respond. Just nodded her head. Must be out of breath from the run. As we were approaching the new neighbors, I notice we weren’t the only people going to meet the neighbors. As we got there, there already were already 3 people talking to the folks. I only knew two of the people and hated the last one. One of the people being my sister, Joan, her best friend, Emily, and the one I hated, Mike. My sisters other best friend.

 

As we got there I could hear my sister very distinctively say. “That little boy walking next to the blonde girl is my brother.” I hate being called little. I’m not even little. I’m 5’7. One inch shorter than her, she just likes to rub that in. So just to piss her off I say to hello to everyone and pretend she isn’t even the group of people. I even said hello to Mike and she knows I can’t stand him. And from the look she gave me when I didn’t even say hello got me knowing that I was going to be hit when I got home or when the Lynx’s weren’t looking. Oh yea our new neighbors are Frederick Lynx and Michelle Lynx.

 

I just happened to get hit right about now when we heard a box drop from the inside. The Lynx’s said they would be right back that they were going to make sure that there son was ok. When the Lynx’s returned they asked me what happened to my arm since I was rubbing it so much. Just to cover up that my sister just punched me. I said I had a cramp. While I was mid talking with the Lynx’s which they insisted we call them Freddy and Michelle, Mike interrupted us with a question.

 

“Do you mind if I go inside and see if your son needs any help Mr. And Mrs. L?”

 

I thought of course you want to go see him. You want to see him naked too I bet. I don’t hate gay people. I have plenty gay friends. It’s just that Mike tries to get into people, no wait a guy’s pants way to often. The reason I really hate him, is that he likes to walk into the bathroom or my room when I’m in there. I’ve told, screamed and I’ve punched him once, plenty of times not to go in the bathroom or my room when I was in it.

Michelle replied, “Of course you can honey. And it’s Michelle. Would you like to go too James?”

“No thanks. I’m still talking to you and your husband.” And all 3 girls interrupted me again this time.

“Can we go in and see your house and son too?”

“Sure. And if you see my son tell him to give you the tour.” Freddy said jokingly.

While all 4 of them walking away seeming to be 10 times happier that they were away from us. Michelle asked.

“So why don’t you want to be with kids your own age?”

“It’s not that I don’t want to be with them. I’m just getting acquainted with you first since I saw you first. And actually you are the first neighbors to move in that I actually like off the bat.”

Freddy just laughed asking how many people have lived here.

“5. You will be number 6 and hopefully last too. I’m getting tired of remembering all these people to forget them again.” I notice there face expression was hard to read.

“So how long have you lived here James?” Michelle asked so I would stop staring at their face.

“All my life actually” there face went back to that look of perplex. “Hey I notice you said your son. How come there are 3 beds? Is that for a guest room? Cause I’d sure like to sleep there if it’s going to be that car bed. Or is your son 10?”

They laughed at this. “Oh honey I forgot to mention we have 2 sons. One isn’t with us right now. He’s at our parents’ house till we get everything settled in. He will be here on the weekend. Our sons are 15 and 7. Felix and Robbie.”

Now it was my turn to laugh. “What’s so funny?” they asked together.

“Felix Lynx. That’s what is so funny.” I said between breaths.

“What’s so funny about Felix Lynx?” they asked together sounding a little offended by their choice in their sons name.

“First you two need to stop that, it’s really freaky. Sorry. And Lynx is a type of cat. Get it? Felix cat.” As I finished saying that someone spoke from behind me and startled me.

“Wow you are the first person to know that.” Felix I take it was saying and his parents had a look that said “What?” on. “My parents don’t even know that our last name is a type of cat and probably don’t even know who is Felix the cat. I’m Felix by the way.” He said extending his hand out. I had to stop to take in what I was seeing you see.

Felix didn’t look like his parents at all. He was tall or at least for a kid his age. He was 5’10’’ with a tan, shaggy light brown hair and green eyes. While his parents were pale, black hair, and blue eyes.

“James.” I responded after my shock also with my hand out. “What happened with your gang inside?”

“Nothing I slipped out while they weren’t looking to get more stuff. Also it looks like I’m going to need to switch rooms since Mike said he could see my room from his bedroom window. Said he sleeps nude.”

“Ha! Yea he lives in the house behind you. Good luck.”

“Why didn’t you come inside with the rest of the people that came in to interrogate me?” He asked bemused.

“I saw your parents first. First come, first served. Also I knew if I went in there with them. I wouldn’t learn anything I would actually want to know. Let me guess they asked. How old are you? If you have a girl friend. Do you want one? And what is your favorite color?”

“Well yeah, in that order too.” His parents laughed at this. “How old are you? 13?” he said with a smile.

I got pissed at him right on the spot. If he was going to be my sister little tool there wasn’t a point in talking to him. Also I’m not that short. I don’t look 13.

“Nice meeting you Freddy and Michelle. Have a nice day. Hope you have fun with Joan, Felix.”

“Oh, um yes it’s been nice meeting you too James. I hope you come back soon.” Michelle tried to compose her self while she saw me walking across the street.

“Not likely” I muttered.

All the while Felix was standing there shocked, that he made me walk away just with the little joke my sister told him to play on me. He was about to say something when his dad cut him off.

“Why did yea have to go and do that now? I was having a nice talk with him. He was the best out of those kids. Reminded me of you a bit. Guess we won’t be seeing him anytime soon. You should head back in and keep the company, company.” His dad said as he lost thought.

Felix walked back into the house where his new old room was to be greeted by laughter and a sad look on the girl named Cindy.

“So how did my brother take the joke?” Joan asked through the laughing

“He walked away.” This just got everyone laughing even more. While Cindy got up and said good-bye to everyone. She looked at Felix and gave him a hug as a goodbye and whispered, “Told you not to do it. You probably just lost a really good friend.” All the while the group that remained was still laughing.

“He might look thirteen but he sure doesn’t have the plumbing of a thirteen year old.” Mike said.

“How do you know that?” Asked Joan a little skeptical.

“I’ve walked in while he was changing and in the bathroom before.”

None of this was helping Felix think so he did the best thing he could. Sleep. “I’m sorry guys but please head out I’m kind of tired from the trip here and the unpacking.” He said all tired like.

 

A round of yea sure, nice meeting you, feel better, and a, my room is that window right there from Mike. Everyone had left. The moment everyone left he moved all the stuff from his room to the room at the front of the house another 3hours, only took him 3hours the first time. He thought to him self, Robbie is only 7 he goes to sleep around 8 or 9 he wont be up to see him naked so it’s ok. He will be gone in 2 years, way before Robbie finds out puberty.

 

Felix actually did feel like he lost a good friend. It felt like he lost him for a second time he didn’t even know why. He shouldn’t have opened his mouth to say that. He knew it was going to probably offend the kid. The kid, which he didn’t even know the last name of. All he knew was his name was James, didn’t look 13 more like 14 or a young 15, with hazel eyes a freshly tan skin and skaters hair due with light brown hair for his skater looks.

 

As he was recalling all of this he realized someone had turned on a light in the house across the street from his house. Low and behold it was me. Standing in my room only in pajama pants with my hair wet. Felix waved when he noticed I was looking back. The only thing that came to mind was. He cant stand Mike either. I didn’t wave back I didn’t even nod my head. I just turned off the lights and went to bed. All I know is that it didn’t seem to affect Felix since he didn’t drop his head in disappointment.

 

As I lay in bed. I thought about the families that have lived in that house. The first one was the only one I really did like. Felix kind of looked like the little boy that use to live here. Sad, I can’t even remember my first best friend name, but it couldn’t be him since the family that used to live here didn’t have 2 kids. Something else that was sad was that this new family was actually my second favorite family to have live in that house only after 1 day. Minus the son of course. It actually feels as if they belonged here. They are the missing piece to the neighborhood but I still feel empty. It’s the emptiness of not having that best friend. Even if I had Cindy.

 

Sleep didn’t come easy to me last night. I had a lot of thinking to do but in the end. I couldn’t blame Felix for playing a long and trying to fit in. Even if it was at my own expense. I just know he won’t be a close friend. Also I realized that I do hate my sister. I don’t understand how she could make fun of me in front of strangers. I’ve never done anything to her. I guess she doesn’t feel the same way as I do, did, for her.

 

Good thing today was Friday or else I would be miserable the rest of the week at school. The first thing that happened to me when I entered the school was to run into Mike. I knew this was an omen for the rest of day. He had a smile on his face that looked like it was trying to split his face in half.

“So how is the little teenager doing?”

“If you are trying to make fun of me Mike, you just failed horribly. Fifteen is still a teenager.” I said in an even tone while you could see Mike’s brain working in over time to just get what I said.

“Well…”

I didn’t even let him finished as I walked away and didn’t turn back to see if he was still talking. I guess you are thinking I am a little arrogant or mean. I’m not. I just really don’t like him. Who can like someone that actually tries to ruin someone day when it just started? Oh and yesterday with Cindy. She knows I don’t like waiting at school, I know I could’ve stopped and waited for her to catch up to me but that was the third time this week that she made me wait for her and I wasn’t going to wait again.

 

Upon reaching my locker, I saw something that looked vaguely familiar but shouldn’t be there. It was the Principle, Mr. Henasin, and Felix. As I approached my locker I was looking for Cindy so I could at least get to the locker with out having to talk to them. I cursed her wanting to be early today.

 

So I sucked it up and walked to my locker and said “Good day Mr. Henasin.”

“Ah. Just the person I was waiting for. Mr. Molly” that’s me if you didn’t get it by now “We have a new student to our school, Felix Lynx, this is James Molly. He is in your grade. Also he is on the swim team and in the top 10 percent of his class. James this is Felix Lynx”

I cut him off “I know sir. He just moved in across street. We’ve met but we never got a chance to get to know each other.”

“Why is that James?”

“I wouldn’t know sir. I guess something more important was going on.” I said all of this while looking at Felix. He hadn’t even said a word or looked at me the whole time.

“Well that’s good then I don’t really need to introduce you two. James if you could kindly please show Felix around the building and grounds while I get his schedule under way. Don’t worry I’ll let your teacher know you wont be heading in for first period. I expect you at your second period though.” He actually tapped my nose when he said that. Nice guy.

When he was walking away Felix finally said something, ”Sorry.”

“It’s ok. I understand you wanted to get in with the crowd and you figured 3 friends maybe 4 if Cindy was in on it too is better than having only 1 friend in a new place.” I said walking away and turned around when he wasn’t following me.

“Well are you coming or not? I need to show about this place.” He quickly came to my side.

“What are you into Mr. Cat?”

“Depends what you mean Mr. Preteen.”

I stopped. “I guess you want to learn the ins and outs of this school by yourself Felix.”

“Well if we are going to be fair. You started with the name calling it’s only fair that I get to make fun of you too.”

“Actually, you started first with yesterdays little remark about my looks.”

“Sorry.” He mumbled once again. I knew the rest of the period was going to be like this.

“So what do you mean? “What am I into?””

“Academics, Sports, or nothing school wise.”

“English, Track, and skating.”

“You didn’t have to respond to all the categories you know.”

“I just wanted you to know so we could head over to those places first.”

“First we will head to your locker so you know where to come on Monday how about that? Then we can head to the English hall, the track field and my favorite spots to skate. Since you responded in that order anyways.”

“That’s ok I’ve already been to my locker. Locker buddy.” He said with a smile and nudge. I groaned in response.

 

***~~~***

 

By the time I finished the tour and took him into the office Mr. Henasin was pulling out a schedule from the printer.

“Lucky me. Here you go Felix.” He said handing him the schedule and turning to me. “Sorry to do this you James. Since there is still a bit of time before second period could you show him where all his classes are?” I just nodded. Even though we’ve been together for the last 45 minutes we didn’t know much about each other but I felt oddly connected to him.

The moment we were out of the office I took a look at his schedule. “Oh I feel sorry for you. You have some of the worst teachers in the school and even worse kids” I could see his face dropping after every word I was saying. “I’m kidding you have the best teachers but you do have the worse kid in your class.”

“Who?” he gulped.

“Me of course.”

“You had me going there for a second. When is your birthday?”

“What’s with the random question? No lead in or anything.”

“I know I just wanted to know how old you are. No offenses. But you don’t look my age.” He said all of this looking down at his shoes. “Not that you look extremely young or anything. I just want to know if you just turned 15 or something.”

“February 28th, 1992.”

“WHAT? No way. That’s impossible. You are not older than me.”

I was laughing at his reaction “If you want proof I can show you my ID. Why when is your birthday?”

“March 1st, 1992.”

“Man. You had me thinking I was like a year older than you. I’m only older than you by the minimum of 24 hours and 1 minutes.”

“How would you know that?”

“Because I was born at 12:01 so you cant past that time with out it being only a day.”

“You know the time you were born?”

“Yea my mom use to tell me it a lot when I was little and I guess it just stuck. Didn’t Michelle tell you what time you were born when you little?”

“Michelle?”

“Yeah your mother. You know Michelle Lynx.”

“I wouldn’t know. I don’t remember much of my childhood.”

“Sorry to say this but could you be adopted and that’s why you don’t know. You don’t look anything like your parents. Maybe your mom cheated on your dad with the milkman.” I said this as comforting as I could and Felix laughed in my face.

“No. I’m part of my family. I look a lot like my grandfather that’s where I get my looks. Funny thing is that’s the only thing I remember from my childhood is being called the milkman son.”

“I guess I don’t have to show you around since you are going to be following me around all day anyways. What do you want to do Mr. Cats?”

“Anything you want to do Mr. Tour guide. By the way, are you and Cindy an item or something? She told me not say that joke yesterday which I’m really am sorry for saying.”

“Nope we aren’t together and most likely not ever going to get together. Why are you interested in her? If you are you better not play with her.”

“Maybe. Just wanted to know since she was protective of you and apparently knew well enough to know what buttons not to push with you.”

“That’s what a best friend is. Knowing the limits of their best friend.” I said with a smile. I knew Cindy wasn’t in on the joke yesterday and this just proved it.

“Do you have a best friend Mr. Cats?”

“Nope. Never had one probably will never get one.”

“Why is that?” I asked truly wanting to know.

“I have never found a person that just fits the role of a best friend. Sure I had good friends back home and all that but none seemed to fit. I always got bored. Not that they were boring or anything. Do you think Mike would be my best friend?” He asked with a smirk

“Well it’s been nice knowing you Felix Lynx.”

“Hahahaha, I’m kidding of course I wouldn’t have him as a best friend. Sorry to say this the only thing he would want to fit is between my legs.”

“I see you didn’t move your room just to look at me. I was hoping you didn’t like the guy as much as I did. By the way if he ever gets into your house. Lock and put a chair in front of the door if you are going to change.”

“So I’ve heard. I also heard you have big pipes for your size from him. How many times did he catch you naked?

I blushed “2 times in my room changing, 3 times in the shower and one when I was um… how should I put this…. Cleaning out the pipes.”

“Hahahaha no way! He caught you spanking the monkey. Must have made his year.”

I responded “No way. I couldn’t have…” before I got to finish that sentence he said.

“I bet you did. You are cute looking. Swimmer and skater build. And apparently well hung. You must have had him drooling by the sight.”

I blushed “Flattered and all that. But if you would have let me finish I was going to say I couldn’t have made his year. Because this only happened last month.”

It was his turn to blush “oh.”

 

***~~~***

 

School passed with out any other incident. Felix was actually pretty smart. He apologized to Cindy for not doing what she said and that she was right. I don’t know what she was right about but sure became really happy. The three of us were walking home when a car passed us by and reversed. Cindy and me sighed and Felix just had a questioning look on his face but once he saw who was driving he sighed.

 

“Hey Felix. Want to head with us to Starbucks?” Mike asked, well basically begging him.

“No thanks. I’m going to stick with Cindy and James. Since it doesn’t seem there is enough space for the three of us. Right Jamie?”

“James.” Everyone said in unison but me.

“Huh?” asked Felix all weird out.

“Yup. James. No one gets to call me anything but James.”

“What do you mean? I’ve been calling you all sorts of names today.”

“Yea but you said them jokingly and didn’t change my name Mr. Cat.”

“Felix.” He said.

“Hmm?”

“If I can’t call you Jamie it’s only appropriate. Thanks again Mike but no thanks. Nice seeing you Emily, Joan.”

With that they sped off to the nearest Starbucks. I can’t stand coffee.

“I can’t stand coffee.” Felix said the moment I thought it.

“Me too.”

“I don’t know about you guys but I love it. Especially if there is a muffin with my drink.” Cindy said. “Bye guys we just pass my house didn’t even realize it.”

“Later Cindy.” We said at the same time.

 

“You know I’ve been calling you Jamie most of the time right?”

“Are you sure? Someone would have said something as you can tell. And I think I would have notice if you did.”

“Yes dude. Do you still have that note and drawing that I drew during 4th?”

“Um let me check. Yup I do. Why?”

“Read it again.”

“Man this class is blah blah blah …. The teacher looks like… Do you get what he is talking about Jamie?”

“See?”

“Meh. What do you know? That’s a first. But really call me James. I don’t like giving people special treatment. Cindy has been trying to call me that for about 4 years. My parents don’t even have a pet name for me other then the generalized ones.”

“I guess you are right.”

“Ha. That’s exactly what everyone else says. You are such a follower. Could I still call you Felix the Cat or Mr. Cats?” I said with puppy eyes.

“Who could say no to that face? I could that’s who. Jamie you can call me Mr. Cats it’s very original.” He said smiling.

“I’m going to let that one slid and thank you for letting me call you Mr. Cats.”

“No problem Jamie.” He said with the same smile.

“Whatever. I won’t call you Mr. Cats in public so you can’t call me Jamie in public. Deal?” I offered with my hand out.

“Deal.” He said as he tackled me into the grass of his front yard. Which was weird since we’ve only really know each other a day and I’m not a touchy feeling type of person but it felt right. The moment I hit the grass I heard his front door open and close and then there was an extra 70 pounds on top of me. When I looked up I saw a little kid that looked like a mini Fred and Michelle.

“Robbie?” I asked.

“How did you know my name?” he asked with a smile as we continue to wrestle.

“What are you doing here squirt? Aren’t you supposed to be with grandma?” Felix turned to say his brother but didn’t see me slip underneath him and start to get up. To be tackled to the ground by 70 lbs of kid.

“I got bored. Beside this is more fun. Mom and Dad are going to get blinds for my room.” I laughed underneath him when I heard that. “What’s your name?”

“James.”

“You’re cool Jamie….”

“James.” Said the Lynx’s that were stepping out of the house and Felix as he tried to lift Robbie off of me.

“Yea James, whatever. Not a lot of Felix’s old friends would let me play with them. They’d just tell me to bother someone else or to make my own friends.”

From the look on Felix’s face this was the first time he heard this and said what he was thinking.

“Good thing we left then. If they can’t be my little brother friends they can’t be my friends. Right James?”

I looked at Felix with a pain look. “Sorry Felix, I guess I can’t be your friend …” I started to turn around and I heard Robbie sniff like he was about to cry. I ran up to him and tackled him to the ground. “I can’t be your friend cause Robbie is my BEST friend. Isn’t that right Robbie?”

I started to tickle him. He squirmed underneath screaming yes and to stop that or he would wet him self. When I got up, I saw that Fred and Michelle were moved by my display and started to turn red. What really got to me was the look on Felix’s face. He seemed so proud. I couldn’t take it and said I should be going home to do homework and what not. Felix said he would walk me over.

When we were out of distances he said “Thanks Jamie. That was real nice of you. You don’t have to give him special treatment or anything. Just don’t disrespect him like my old friends did.”

“I meant what I said. I’m sorry Mr. Cats. Robbie just replaced you.”

“I wasn’t your best friend so how could he have replace me? Was I?”

“You were not anymore. You really know how to kill my joke you know that? But I will always be your brother’s friend even if we aren’t friends. You can count on that.”

“Thanks. Thank you for today. See ya later.”

“Bye.”

 

***~~~***

 

Seeing Mike wasn’t such a bad omen I guess. Maybe I could find a good friend with Felix. That’s a first, me going back on my word. While in my room listening to music and going over what happened today at school. I heard the front door open and close. Must be my mom home from work. Sounds like she brought groceries. Better go down before I get “asked” to come down.

“Hey. Thank you for coming down to help.” She said this leaning her head over the groceries bag so I could give her a kiss on the cheek.

“No prob. I just didn’t want to get a million questions why I didn’t come help you later.”

“Well that was smart of you. I’m going to need your help today for diner. I’ve invited the Lynx’s to come and eat here today. Me and your dad need to get re-acquainted with them.”

“Re-acquainted?”

“Oh, um… yea. We knew them from college. Your father and I, you know.”

“Actually I didn’t. That’s funny they didn’t say they knew you yesterday when I was talking to them.” I said as I was heading off to car to get the rest of the groceries.

 

***~~~***

 

Well with food almost done, I started to head up to take a bath. Yes I know how to cook. I made the salad, desert, key lime pie, and the chicken core dun blue. Fancy name, easy to make. Ok not that easy but whatever. When I reached the top of the stairs my mom yelled to tell me that Mike and Cindy were coming for diner too and to hurry up. With that warning I went into my room grabbed a chair for the bathroom.

 

In the shower, I could hear people entering the house. First it was Cindy. Got to hurry up so I can at least keep her company until the Lynx’s get here. The second person to enter was…. Mike. I could hear him asking where my sister was and of course she was up stairs in her room. Which happened to be right across the bathroom. And it never fails he tried to open the bathroom door.

“James?”

“Yeah?”

“Open up I need to use the bathroom.”

“No Mike go use the bathroom downstairs.”

“Come on. We are both guys, not like I don’t know what you are packing.”

“Yea well there is a difference when the guy that wants to come into the bathroom wants to see me naked and gets off by it.”

“Fine.”

After that incident. My shower went off with out a hitch. The water didn’t even turn cold. When I stepped out the shower I notice a big mistake I made. I forgot my clothes. After drying off, I stuck my head out of the door to make sure no one was in sight, Mike, especially. I could hear everyone’s voice downstairs so that was a good thing. So I walked as quietly to my room so Mike couldn’t hear I was out of the bathroom.

“Oh um. Hey I didn’t know you were well just in a towel. Your parents said to come get you. Mike offered to come up but I said I would since I needed to talk to you.” Felix said all this looking at his feet.

“Oh that’s ok. Well? What did you need to talk about then?”

“Nothing I just know you didn’t want Mike to come up here to see you naked so I tried to save your ass the only way I could. By the way, your towel is open. Your goods are being shown. Mike was right though.” He still hadn’t looked up from the floor.

“Oh shit I’m sorry.” I responded by readjusting the towel “Well since you are up here want to see my room? And don’t worry I’m on the swim team. People see me naked most of the time. You are in track so you must do the same.”

“I know I just didn’t want to embarrasses you since we’ve only known each other a day. I’ve already seen your room it’s ok.”

“When did you go into my room?” I said a little indigent.

“Never, really. I live right across from you I can see clearly into your room. And it looks like I’m going to need blinds too or I’m going to go blind as well.”

“Shut up. Oh crap. You saw me this morning changing? Sorry. You can’t see my room from all the way over there. I gave you the tour of the school might as well give you the tour of my room.”

“Alright but make it quick. We have to go downstairs so we can eat. Your mom made Key lime pie and Chicken core dun blue. I love that.”

“Hahahaha, did she say that? I made the food, why do you think I had to take a shower. Well this is my room nothing special.”

“I could’ve told you that. I saw that from all the way in my room.” He joked.

I went to push him for making that comment but when I released my towel to push him it kind of fell to the floor and I tripped on top of him. Not smooth at all. He just stood there shocked.

“Uh yeah thanks for the tour I’ll see you downstairs.”

He left my room and closed my door. I was so embarrassed that happened like that. He probably is going to think I did that on purpose. While on the other side of my door Felix was standing there all red trying to get him self-together so he could go downstairs.

After getting dressed and heading downstairs and not finding anyone in the living I figured out they were at the big table. The one we use when we have special guest or a lot of people are coming over. I become aware of the sitting arrangement, it was my dad at one corner of the table with Freddy in front of him and his wife beside him as my mom was beside my dad. Next to my mom was Joan then Felix who looked a little red and beside him was Mike. Poor guy. He is probably red cause Mike squeezed his leg since only 1 hand is on the table. Robbie was next to Michelle and then there was a space for me then Cindy.

I asked Cindy if she’d like to switch with me, so she could sit in front of Felix. I was trying to get them to get together I don’t know why. But Robbie said he wanted me to sit next to him. So I did.

“Ah. In between both of my best friends, while Felix is splitting up the other best friends.” I said. Cindy had a look of not understanding the plural in friends. “Hey Felix why don’t you switch sits with Mike so he could sit next to person he should be next to, since he is here for my sister not you.”

“That’s a good idea, Go and switch with him Mike.” My mother insisted. The look on my sister face wasn’t a too pleasant one. “I hope you guys like diner. I cooked it.”

“You cooked?” Freddy actually looked a little afraid to eat now “The last time my son cooked he burnt the water. I hope you know what you were doing to be cooking such a hard dish.”

“Wait until you taste it then repeat what you said if you don’t like it.”

“Oh man Jamie, this is so good mmmm.” Came from Felix and everyone else’s mouth said “James” I had to smile at that. I really have good followers.

“Is Felix hard to train?” I asked.

“Yes, very hard.” Said Robbie giggling.

“You could say that. It took him a while to get potty trained.” Michelle said with out taking her eyes off of her food. But if she had looked up she could see that Felix was beet red after that.

“Ha. That’s funny the little boy that use to live in your house when I was little had the same problem. He couldn’t sleep over much since he wasn’t that well potty trained.” I was saying all this with a smile. “Mom what was his name again? The little boy that used to live across the street?”

“I don’t remember sweetie, but eat your food you haven’t eaten 1 bite” I noted that she had the same look the Lynx’s had yesterday and I knew she was lying and didn’t want to tell me the boy’s name.

Felix broke my thought process by saying “I didn’t know I had a problem being potty trained how come you never told me? What time was I born?”

“What? Why the sudden question?” Michelle asked.

“Well Jamie knows what time he was born he knew that his neighbor had a problem with the bathroom, it wasn’t even his own life and he knew. I’d like to know.”

“James” everyone chorused and Robbie actually giggled except this time I didn’t smile or think it was funny.

“I can careless what his name. I’d like to know what time I was born. Well? Are you going to answer?”

“12:01”

“And how the hell do you know that Jamie?” he said with anger in his voice.

“Cause the little boy that live a crossed the street was born with a day between my birth and was born the exact time as me.”

“But my birthday isn’t March 2nd it’s March 1st remember?”

“We were born on a leap year.”

“Is this true?” he asked anyone in general hoping to get a response that this wasn’t true. His parents kept their heads downs, while mine were trying there hardest to not even look in his direction. Since no one even responded he got up and left the table I heard the front door slam shut. I started to get up to follow him when Cindy said to hold up she was going to come with me.

As I stepped out side of my house I didn’t have any clue where to find him but Cindy sure did. All she did was point across the street and there in the porch light was Felix, with his arms crossed over his knees and his head on them. You could see his back hiking up and down as he was crying. When we reached him he said go away of course we didn’t.

“I’m sorry.” Was the only thing that came to mind.

“For what?” he looked up and wiped his eyes.

“I don’t know it just felt appropriate.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“Hahahaha, your food was really good by the way. So what else do you remember about my, well yours and my childhood?”

“I rather not go into that right now. But I can tell you that you and me didn’t get a long at the start. Just like your first day back here. You know when weren’t even 1 years old.”

“You remember all the way back then? Wow.”

“No, hahahaha. My mom use to tell me it was a miracle that me you ever became best friend and so in separable after being together the first 2 years. It was so hard for her to take care both me and you and Joan at the same time especially us two she always said.”

“How come it took you so long to remember it was me?” he asked sadly.

“I’m sorry I had forgotten your name and when your parents said you had a little brother I ruled out your family to being the first family there since it was only me and you.”

“It’s ok. I’ve forgotten everything from our childhood. It seemed like a nice childhood. How long did we know each other?”

“Up till we were 7.” I said.

“And you?” he was looking at Cindy.

“Oh we’ve never met till yesterday so you never forgot me.” She said smiling. I guess she thought it was funny but Cindy was being really insensitive so I did the best thing I could do.

“Cindy why don’t you go back to my house and tell them we found him and continue eating and we will be right back.” I said this with a small smile so she wouldn’t know I was trying to get her to leave.

“Ok. I’ll tell them you are going to be there in a 15 minutes.”

“Thanks.”

We waited till she was gone inside the house. “Is there anything else you want to tell me?” he said without turning his head.

“Yea actually I do. I think I knew all a long that you were the little boy that use to live in your house.”

“How?” he asked skeptically.

“I lied. I realized the whole time you were calling Jamie. I never fixed it cause it always felt right. You were the only one that ever got to call me Jamie when I was little my sister would get really pissed off when I told her that name was only for you.”

“Oh. Did we ever get in other fights? You know after when we grow up a bit?”

“Plenty. I remember one time I called you milkman’s son and you ran home crying. I started to cry cause I thought you didn’t want to be my friend anymore but 30 minutes later we were back in my backyard playing on the swings thanks to our moms.”

“I guess I do remember you in one way or another. Since that is the only thing I remember from childhood. I remember crying when I was called that. Do you know why I can’t remember anything from my childhood?”

“No, I’m sorry. But I can help you remember it if you want. We were always together I can fill in all the blanks.”

“Thanks but I think it’s time that we head back to your house.”

Upon reaching the house everyone was dead quiet waiting for the Lynx’s or Felix to break the ice. Well Felix broke the ice. He broke it with a sledgehammer.

“Why can’t I remember my childhood?”

“You fell one day coming down the stairs and bumped your head. You had a mild concussion. When you came too, you couldn’t remember the past only that you were Felix Lynx and we were your parents.” Michelle said softly.

“Why did we move and why did I have to wait 8 years find out not by you but my old best friend none the less that was 7 at the time?”

“The doctors said we should move you near the hospital that was by our old house so we could get treatment for amnesia. You remember all the times we went to the doctor when you little right sport? Well after a year the doctors said you wouldn’t have any problem remembering anything from the future on out. We asked if we could tell you about it. They said not to cause it could cause repercussions and you might have a mental break down if you found out that you lost 7 years of your life.” Freddy was trying to inform his son.

“I don’t think I could stay with you guys tonight. Jamie can I stay with you?” He said abruptly.

“Jam…” Robbie stopped right there when he realized no one else was going to say my name.

I looked to his parents for a sign and I got one from Michelle who had tears in her eyes but Mike cut in really quick.

“You can stay with me if you want.”

“That’s ok Mike he can stay with me.” I said as nicely as I could at the moment. My mom was about to interject when she felt Michelle’s hand on hers and saw her nod her head that it was ok.

“Why don’t you let him decided James? Maybe he doesn’t want to be next to you since you remember so much about his past.” Mike said in irritated tone. He was trying to get Felix to sleep with him. I was going to retort but Felix was much quicker.

“Our past.”

“What?” Mike said, confusion written across his face.

“It’s our past. We were both there. And if you ever think I’d choose you over Jamie you are wrong.”

I heard a snort coming from my dad who was trying his hardest to stop from laughing while Mike looked so mad that he was going to cry. As for me I felt sorry for Cindy cause I finally found that bond that I was looking for. Someone that finally fit with me.

Robbie broke the awkward moment the only way a child can. “James can I sleep over too?”

“No, Robbie. I don’t think it’s wise.” Michelle said.

“It’s ok. He can if we wants to.” I said.

“Are you sure? Is there any room for him and Felix to sleep over?”

“Yea sure we can all camp out in front of the TV tonight. Tomorrow is the weekend so we could stay up a bit and watch.”

“If you say so.”

“Yes!” Screamed Robbie, he jumped out of his chair and into my lap to give me a hug. I’m going to need to get use to that. I can tell he is really touchy feely.

“Well, thank you Mrs. And Mr. Molly for the night it’s, been interesting. Nice seeing you again Michelle, Freddy. Mike do you want to walk home with me?” Cindy said all while getting up and hugging everyone at the table.

“Uh, no thanks Sandy. I think I’m going to stay here with Joan tonight. Isn’t that right Joan?” Mike said.

“Her name is Cindy. And if you want to spend the night you have to ask my parents.” Joan said. She actually did one of those “I’m sorry he’s an idiot smiles” towards Cindy.

“What? Robbie didn’t ask if he could sleep over. I’ve never had to ask if I could sleep over before.”

“Well those times, two people weren’t already sleeping over. You have to check with my parents. They pay the bills. If they want a house packed of kids it up to them.” You could tell by the look Joan was giving our mom she was pleading with her to say no.

“That’s right. Sorry Mike, but you cant stay tonight. How about another night?”

“Fine.” With that he got up and looked at Cindy “I guess you can walk me home if you want to.”

“Wait Cindy. Don’t go yet I need to ask you something. Come up to my room.” Joan said this quickly and started to drag Cindy away before she could refuse. Once on the stairs you could her scream out “Bye Mike.”

Finally Mike left. Alone. My dad started to laugh at this. I guess I wasn’t the only one in this family that doesn’t like him.

“Man. Finally he is gone. At least he is over you.” My dad said pointing at me. “Now you. I feel sorry for.” Now pointing at Felix. “He is going to be your shadow for some while Felix. If I were you double lock all your doors. That kid has actually walked in on me showering and had the nerve to say I was “Hung like a horse” but when I said to get out he said “We are both guys so it doesn’t matter.” I started laughing at this and throw in my own 2 cents.

“Ha. He did that to me before about 5 times. I hope you really add more locks to our bathroom. I’m getting tired of bring a chair into the bathroom when he comes around.”

“I guess you and your dad are a lot alike.” Felix said out of nowhere.

“What do you mean?” My dad asked.

“Well… Mike said. How should I put this? If you are hung like a horse. Then Jamie has to be hung like a pony. If you get my drift.” My dad started laughing until out of breath.

“Why don’t you say what you saw?” I asked.

“I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary upstairs. Sure it looks big on you but mine would look like a garden hose on you.”

My dad was raising his hand up and gesturing us to stop so he could get his air back while Freddy had a bemused look on his face while both moms walked out of the room when they heard where this conversation was heading. Robbie was still in my lap loving the stuff that was going around.

“You wish. The first thing you said was that thing was huge! And turned completely red and said you wish yours was as big.”

Freddy cut in. “Wait when did he see you naked?”

“Oh about…” I look at my wrist even though there isn’t a watch there I pretend to read the time “45 minutes ago.”

“We had just got here and you were in the sho… Oh I see. Do you not have a towel or something?”

“Oh I did. I’m just so big I couldn’t wrap my towel around it.”

“Sounds about right.” My dad said.

“With that little boy body a wash cloth could wrap around you.” Freddy said.

“Sounds about right.” Said my dad again.

“Felix, why don’t you and your brother go home shower and come back here when you are done?” he handed him the house keys “Me and your mom are going to be here a while getting back to know Anna and Brandon.” (My mom and dad.)

 

***~~~***

 

An hour later Felix and Robbie had settle into the living room with their sleeping bags and Robbie’s teddy bear. They had argued over in what order we should sleep in. In the end it was going to be Robbie in the middle. We were watching a scary movie when we heard someone stepping down the stairs. Robbie freaked out and jumped on me. The lights turned on and guess who it was.

“Didn’t you go home an hour ago?” I asked.

“Well I tried to but your sister made me stay. Isn’t that right Joan?”

“Yea. I wanted to apologize to her for what Mike did to her and about going against her yesterday. She is going to stay the night. I’m sorry Jamie for making fun of you.” My sister said. But everyone still said James together even I did.

“You are never going to let me call you Jamie? I hate you, and I hate you too.” Joan said pointing from me to Felix.

“Why what did I do? I haven’t done anything to piss you off. If anything you should be happy I did what you asked yesterday.” Felix said

“I hate you cause you can still call him Jamie and he doesn’t care. I guess that name really only belongs to you.” Joan said.

“What do you mean?” Cindy asked.

“Felix is the only person that gets to use that name.”

“Why?”

“Cause they were and I’m guessing still are best friends.”

“I’m James best friend. I don’t get to use it. How come I don’t get to use it James?”

“Well… you see… I sort of dubbed that name for Felix when we were little he was like the sibling I always wanted so I let him have it. You have to understand this was at the age when my parents were giving my sister all their attention since she started school and I gave it Felix cause he was the only family that gave me go me attention and that way it really pissed people off, as you can see.” I nodded my head in my sister direction.

“It’s still not fair. It’s not my fault mom and dad gave me the attention.” Joan pleaded.

“Yea but you didn’t have to flaunt and say that they loved you more than me. And that the only person they love is you.” I said quietly hoping no one else heard that.

“We were little, gees grow up.”

“I wasn’t little last month was I? When you said the same exact thing now was I?” I yelled.

Cindy cut in on me “That doesn’t explain why your best friend can’t call you Jamie.”

“If you were ever paying attention or listening. My parent’s idolize you more than they like me. They’ve gone to more of your drama plays than they have gone to my swim meets. I believe they’ve only gone to 3 of my swim meets.”

I know what you are thinking right about now. From what you saw today at diner we must be a loving family. Well we aren’t well to the extent of me. The only reason I’m in the top 10% of my class was to impress my parents. Which didn’t work out since my sister is going to be valedictorian. Since that didn’t work I tried to at least get on my dads’ attention by joining a sport. Much good that did me with my height the only sport I could join and do well enough was swimming.

Don’t think I learnt how to cook just for my personal gain. It was again so my parents could be proud of me. Much good it did. My mother uses my cooking and doesn’t even give the credits that I was one that cooked or say I did it. As you saw during diner.

“Is that the reason you won’t let me use it? Because your parents like me more then they love you? That’s really mature of you. I have no control over what other people feel James.” Cindy said.

“No it’s really mature of you Cindy to come and bask in my parents love and then go home to your perfect family where you get more loving then you need. I can see it in your parent’s face that they love you and don’t like that you are around me, I’ve heard them say for you to stay away from me “that I’m not good people.” Your parents don’t even know me. Do they know you had an abortion last year? While I’m stuck not getting anything and trying to give it all to everyone. All I wanted was to feel loved and to love someone back. Didn’t even have to be love. And I had that for 7 years and I lost it. The sad part is that I always hoped the little boy across the street would come back and after 8 years and he finally did come back. And yet again life fucked me over because he did come back but he is just as an empty shell of what use to be there. One look and I know it’s not there anymore.” A single tear dropped from my and I hadn’t realized that Robbie was still in my lap from before.

He wiped my tear away and did the best thing a child could do at the moment. “I love you Jamie.” He said it like he wanted me to believe it and he kissed my cheek to seal the deal. I broke down in the arms of the 7 year old. I said I love you too Robbie while I cried but he probably didn’t hear it over my sobs.

I must have passed out after that, because when I opened my eyes I was laying down with Robbie next to me. The TV was still on and I could see someone sitting in Indian style looking over the two of us. I prop my self up on my elbow and let my eyes focus on who it was. It was Felix. When he noticed I was awake he said he was sorry.

“Sorry for what?” I said rubbing my swollen eyes.

“I took away the only thing you had in your life that meant something to you and now you have to look at me everyday and know it’s not there anymore.”

“Hey, it wasn’t your fault. It’s ok.”

“Yea but if you felt like that how do I know I didn’t feel like that? What if I lost the only person that cared about me and now I won’t ever have it back?” He said even toned.

“You have plenty of people that care about you. Your parents. And your brother idolizes you. You have that and you’ll get new friends and we can be friends again of course.” I offered.

“You made me sound perfect.”

“You were. You probably still are, you never know.” I smirked

“Can you… Can you tell me about how I was when I was little so I can give you your old best friend back?”

“No.”

“Why don’t you want your best friend back? I’d like you to be happy and doing this will make you happy. It will also make me happy knowing I remembering my past.”

“No. But I will tell you about your past. You don’t have to do anything for me. There was a reason you lost your memory so don’t try to revert.”

“Ok.”

After about 2 hours of reminiscing. I started to want to know the Felix that moved and had 8 years I didn’t know about.

“Can ask you some questions about after you moved away and until now?” I asked.

“Sure if you let me ask you the same.”

“Well since Mike, and the girls already asked you this I don’t want them to know you more than I do. So… How old are you? Do you have a girl friend? Do you want one? And what is your favorite color?”

“I’ll answer the same way I answered them the other day. My birthday is March 1st, 1992. No I don’t have a girl friend. Maybe. And green. Same questions back to you.”

“February 28th, 1992. Nope. Not really. Gray.”

“Why not really? Are you gay? Do you secretly like Mike?”

“I’ve never seen my self with a woman in all my dreams it’s always me and my son. I wouldn’t know. And I should punch you in the face for even saying that. Who do you like?”

“What do you mean?”

“You said maybe. So that means you are most likely interested in someone.”

“No it doesn’t.”

“Fine. I’ll rephrase it, do you like anyone?”

“Yes and no.”

“What do you mean yes and no?”

“Well I do like someone but that someone doesn’t like me.”

“Why not?”

“I wouldn’t know.”

“How do you know they don’t like you?”

“They said it.”

“Oh, Well that’s to bad maybe you can find another girl? You know Cindy is available. I can try to get her to get with you. And you saw earlier she is pretty easy.”

“Yea I notice you keep trying to throw her into my arms, like at diner. Are you trying to get rid of her?” He laughed.

“Well yea. I have a feeling she has a crush on me and I don’t like her that way. But since you moved in and are better looking maybe she will go after you.” I smirked at this.

“Oh really?” he smiled.

“No. I’m kidding, I’m better looking I just was hoping to get her out of my hair.”

“Yea you are.” He mumbled.

“What I didn’t hear you?”

“I said yea you are trying to get her out of your hair.” He smiled.

 

After another hour of getting to know each other. Well the present us. We yawned simultaneously. It was around 1 am by now.

“Is there anything else you want to know about me Jamie?” he said this all through one yawn.

“Nope. I know enough.” I yawned at the end. Damn things are contagious.

“Did I really wet the bed?” he asked out of nowhere.

“No, I wouldn’t have let you sleep in my bed every day if you did. You were just very ticklish and wet your pants easily.” Through out this whole conversation I didn’t realize Robbie was now on the outside and I was in the middle. Something else I didn’t notice was I hadn’t taken my eyes off Felix’s green eyes. When I became conscious of this I turned away and mumbled a good night.

“Night love you.” He whispered

That word jarred me awake like a cold cup of water in the face. “What?” I asked while he just looked down at the covers on the floor.

“Nothing.”

“No, it’s not “nothing”. What did you say?”

“I didn’t say anything.”

So I did the best thing I could think of. I leaned and kissed him quickly on the lips. “Are you sure?” I knew he wouldn’t be angry cause I heard him clearly say it.

“Yes I’m sure.” He had tears in his eyes.

“I never said I stopped loving you.”

“Yea and I’ll never be that little boy you fell in love with when you were little. I’m just a constant reminder of him.” He sniffed while trying to hold back tears.

“No you will never be him.” A tear ran down his cheek when he heard that. “Cause you are him. Through the whole night you have always been him you were better than him. You never lost it. You just had to remember it. You made me feel like I was the center of your universe.”

“That’s cause you are. I’ve only known you for 2 days. But it feels like I’ve known you all my life. In which I basically have known you half of my life.”

“Well let’s try to make it all our life?” I smiled.

“Ours?” he questioned.

“It never has stopped being our life.” With that I leaned in and kissed him again. “There has always been reason why I never dreamt of having a wife.” I said with my lips still pressed against his. “That’s because I always pictured us together. With a little Felix running around on the beach.” I kissed him again and put our foreheads together. He broke down with that. I did the best to console him through the night. The only way I could. Holding him and saying it’s going to be ok I was here now.

Copyright © 2011 Cryptic; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..