Jump to content
    Devereaux
  • Author
  • 496 Words
  • 926 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Caramel Apple Spice - 1. Chapter 1

"Tall caramel apple spice? Here you go." A smile slid across my face at about same time my hot beverage slid across the pick-up counter. Although, I must admit, my smile was nothing compared to his. His smile was like one that a five-year-old would give to himself right after he finds the perfect hiding spot. This barista's hiding spot was in his eyes. I was pretty sure that beaming grin and sparkling look in his eyes was something special- something meant only for me.

My hopes were crushed, though, when he turned to the girl behind me and asked to take her order with that same stare and that same gorgeous smile. My momentary depression quickly subsided when I saw his eyes break away from the customer and glance at me. Again, he was mine. Now, perhaps, you can compare the smile I had walking out of that shop to his.

I've found that every Starbucks has one. A hot barista. I'm not even going to take the time to explain the type of guys they are. You can just picture the one at your favorite store. The one you try to strike causal conversation with while he's making your drink just to listen to his voice a little while longer and try to figure out if he is gay or not. Well, I decided that wondering wasn't good enough for me anymore. I added him on Facebook and my suspicions were confirmed. Interested In: Men.

A few days later, after class, I decided to visit Starbucks again. I knew they would be closing in minutes so I ran in, spotted Ryan and, with the most poutful gleam I conjure up, asked if it was too late to get a pastry. "Never too late for you," he said. Inside my organs curled into a ball and exploded with butterflies.

A girl working with him left us alone as she entered the stock room. "So..." I stumbled for words.

"So?" He opened the pastry cabinet but didn't take anything out. He just waited for my reply.

"You like working here?"

"You've asked me that before."

"Oh. Guess I have." Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. "What do they sprinkle on top of the hot chocolate? Is that nutmeg?"

"You'ved asked me that before too."

I laugh. What an idiot.

"Why don't you ask me something that you haven't before, huh?"

"Like?"

"Like if I want to hang out sometime." He grabbed a raspberry muffin from the cabinet and handed it to me.

"Thanks...Do you?"

"Well, since you asked so nicely." We both laughed. Damn. There was that smile again. "Sure."

I left him to finish closing up. I walked out into the cool night air feeling so accomplished. Really I hadn't did anything. I suppose fate played a bigger part in what I hoped would be a long lasting relationship with Ryan. As I strolled back to my dorm I tossed my muffin into a nearby trashcan.

Copyright © 2011 Devereaux; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..