Jump to content
    Devereaux
  • Author
  • 553 Words
  • 658 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Perception - 2. Chapter 2

"Sure is dark out there today." 34-year-old heavily lotion-coated hands drew the curtains of a cluttered office and sat a white ceramic coffee mug with a chip in the handle onto their boss's desk.

 

"Thank you, Janeen. Are you coming to the party tonight?"

 

"Of course, Sir." Her 40-year-old ass, not quite as firm as it used to be, molded onto the flat surface of the desk as she sat on it's corner. As her boss took off his overcoat, Janeen unbuttoned her thrift store blouse reaving 42-year-old shoulders splattered with freckles. A wave of fear ran through her tired body as she realized that this time he may notice. If he happened to run his hand along her back he might discover the award-worthy stitch work that laced her together.

Thick, jet back thread began just below her neck on her back and weaved in and out of her sagging skin.

 

Regardless of the act his body was taking part in, in his mind the bossman could only think of his party. Everyone who was someone would be there and his wife had better make sure the place was spotless. This was his last chance to impress before re-election.

 

By the time they had finished the thunder was more prominent. Quick yet softly, like the seeds of a dandelion being plucked from an open bract by the wind, the velvet curtains of the office rippled into the air. Janeen thought to herself that when she closed them the windows had been shut. Business in the main building just beyond the mayor's door that separated them started picking up. If she didn't return to her usual station someone would inquire about her disappearance. As she left, an unraveled thread from her skirt caught her eye. Reaching down and twirling the thin material around her finger, Janeen gave it a tuff pull. 'Ouch,' an immense pain jolted up her spine.

 

****

 

By the time the first wooden stake pierced through pink, juicy flesh, the wind had picked up to a phenomenal speed. Alice stuck the last toothpick into the appetizers she prepared. Repulsed by the sight of them, she thought back to that morning when she had cooked the bacon. The hog was stubborn. As she held him by the hind legs, which she had bound together with twine, he squealed uncontrollably. Face first, his snout sizzled as she lowered him onto the frying pan. She shuttered and tossed the greasy package the bacon had been purchased in into the trash.

 

"Yumm," Danny attempted to swipe a piece of the meat off the try. With a swift hand Alice stopped him.

 

"Those are for your father's guests. The wind has picked up; go out and make sure those campaign signs are sturdy in the ground."

 

Danny followed instructions. With the smack of the screen door slamming against the wooden frame, explosive thunder ripped throughout the afternoon sky. A few of the mayor's yard signs shook from the wind and Danny secured him deeper into the ground. From the corner of his eye he noticed the boy from across the street. There, between the drive and the shrubs, nude and motionless, he stood. The desire within him propelled Danny in the boys direction.

Copyright © 2011 Devereaux; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..