Jump to content
    dkstories
  • Author
  • 5,959 Words
  • 6,920 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Mature story contains dark themes involving graphic violence and taboo topics that may contain triggers for sensitive readers. Please do not read further if this bothers you.

Rich Boy: Awakening - 16. Chapter 16

“I don’t get this.” Worthington whispered to Jamie as they sat outside on the edge of patio, looking down the hill at the city below him. The rest of the family was inside the house, talking in the upstairs living room. The point had been clearly made that Jamie and he were to wait outside while they talked. It had been several days since the largely internal battle, and while things had been tense at first, they had started returning to normal until just a few minutes ago when the two women and Richie had told them to go outside.

“Janus must have arrived.” Jamie said with a hint of sadness, not meeting Worthington’s gaze. The truth was, Jamie had confused Worthington a lot over the last few days, and poor Jeremy had been even more confused about things. His memories of that time were spotty at best, at least from the moment that the Worthington-geas had broken free of the prison. He didn’t understand why Michael was choosing to be called by that name now.

It was hard to explain, but at least Jamie understood, or at least Worthington hoped that Jamie understood. Certainly Richie had understood, and murmured his approval. Elizabeth had spent that night crying, and had not said more than a handful of words to Worthington, except to tell him not to apologize. She’d said “Don’t demean my son’s sacrifice by trying to take the blame for what he gave up.”

“Your next teacher?” Worthington asked, finally remembering where he’d heard the name.

“He won’t teach me now.” Jamie said, and there was a hint of sadness in his voice. “Don’t you dare say you’re sorry. It’s just the way things are.”

“I won’t.” Worthington grinned.

“What do you think about Lisa?” Jamie asked. Now that his relationship with Light-bound Sarah was gone as well (she’d never marry someone who wasn’t also Light), Jamie was listing all the girls he was going to date, in order of preference.

“She’s pretty enough.” Worthington granted. “Nice boobs. I hear she slept with Wayne, you know, that nice big lineman on the football team. He was pissed though, because she complained he had a small dick.”

“Well I won’t have that problem.” Jamie grinned.

“You don’t think this might be an overreaction?” Worthington asked his best friend, and half-brother in a serious tone. “I mean, just because you’re no longer a virgin doesn’t mean you have to sleep with everything with two legs that will crawl into your bed.”

“I don’t have to do it.” Jamie smirked. “I do want to though. You don’t understand, and I don’t know if I can help you understand. You know how you talk about how restrictive life can be for rich people like you? Show no emotions, allies and opponents, not friends and enemies, and all that crap?”

“Yes.” Worthington nodded.

“Well, the Light can be just as restrictive.” Jamie said and then he let out a big sigh. “I’m free of it though, and while I kind of miss it, well I know better than to just pine away for what I can no longer have. That future is gone for me. I won’t ever be able to have the things I would of if I had continued down that path. No, don’t you dare get that look on your face Worthington Michael Sinclair. It was my fucking choice and I made the right damn choice, damn you! It was the best fucking thing I’ve ever done with my life!”

“It was.” A strange voice said and both of them turned around, and climbed to their feet in front of the long-haired stranger. The man was short, and wizened, with white hair that fell nearly to the ground in a pony tail.

“Master Janus.” Jamie said in surprise. “We didn’t hear you come out.”

“Yes, I know.” The man said with a laugh. “I did not wish to leave without at least seeing you, both of you.”

Worthington felt something brush his shields, and he froze as what felt like sunlight streamed down onto him, probing him gently. It never moved past his shields, but he felt like he’d just been weighed and measured, and found wanting. The man’s eyes crinkled as he looked at him.

“What did you do?” Worthington asked sharply but the man ignored him.

“You did make the right choice, young one.” Janus said again to Jamie, but he was looking right at Worthington. “Never doubt that it was right. I only wish the Path of Light were less strict and I could still teach one as noble in spirit as you. As it is, I have only this advice to give. Remember that though you do not walk its Path, and are not bound by its rules, the Light will never truly forsake you.”

“Thank you, master.” Jamie said politely and the man nodded at them before turning and leaving. Worthington watched him enter the house, and didn’t fail to see the worried looks turn to relief on the faces of Stacy and Elizabeth. Hopefully whatever had gone on had eased the burden on them. He still felt he’d raped their son, and being forgiven for it so easily made him uncomfortable.

“Oh get off your high horse.” Jamie snorted, having picked up the last thought. That happened more and more now. They had always been close, but now they were even closer. Worthington wasn’t sure whether they were best friends, brothers, lovers, or all three. When you threw in the way that he loved the mundane Jeremy, things got really confusing.

“I know, I know, it’s not possible to rape the willing, and you were willing.” Worthington finished for him and Jamie laughed.

“That’s right, so the next time you find my cock beating at your mouth when you wake up, just swallow it and don’t protest.” Jamie teased him, and Worthington actually blushed. Jamie had seemed to greet the end of his virginity with a great deal of passion. Just this morning Worthington had woken to find Jamie sitting on his chest, beating his hard cock gently against Worthington’s mouth until Worthington opened up and swallowed the thing. Brandon had complained last night of finding Jamie following him into his room and begging Brandon for sex.

Worthington’s soul-bonded friend had been more than happy enough to acquiesce, but had been shocked at Jamie’s enthusiasm. He’d expected Jamie to want to be on top, but Jamie had wanted something else, and while Brandon was more than happy enough to oblige, it had unnerved him. Worthington laughing when Brandon told the story hadn’t helped much, and Jamie had not looked the least bit embarrassed. He hadn’t yet had a chance to conquer any females, but from the moment they’d been told to go outside, Jamie had been planning his conquest of the female gender.

“Maybe you should stick to guys.” Worthington said aloud and Jamie frowned at him.

“What makes you say that?” Jamie asked.

“With the way you’re hopping from bed to bed, you’re going to get some girl pregnant.” Worthington teased and Jamie shrugged.

“Well, I have to have kids to inherit the Bradwell family fortune?” Jamie said. “I’ll marry whoever I get pregnant and that’ll be that.”

“What if you get all of them pregnant?” Worthington tried to tease but failed because Jamie shrugged and smiled.

“First one to pop out a boy, a boy who is gifted that is, that’s the one I’ll marry.” Jamie said with a bright smile.

“Good Lord, who the fuck are you and what have you done with my brother?” Worthington joked and Jamie faked an evil laugh.

“I am evil Jamie, come to replace the no-good do-gooder!” Jamie laughed and Worthington decided it would be fun to run around, screaming like a girl while Jamie chased him.

“Good Lord, save us.” Richie chuckled as he came outside and they ran past him.

“Shit.” Jamie stumbled to a stop, clutching his side from laughing while running and trying to sound appropriately evil. “What are you doing out here?”

“Moms sent me out to make sure you sex perverts weren’t putting on a show for the neighbors.” Richie laughed. There was no sign that anything had changed between him and his brother, but then Worthington, who was heading back towards them thought the Earth would stop revolving around the sun before Richie treated his brother any differently.

“Did you hear that, Worthie?” Jamie cackled. “The lesbos sent their only remaining virgin out on the patio with the sex perverts! Do you think we can de-virginize him?”

“Try it and you’ll find out.” Richie wiggled his eyebrows, and laughed with Jamie. Worthington was almost jealous of their easy relationship, but they had been brothers far longer than he had known them, and would always have a special relationship, no matter what else changed.

“So, seriously, we allowed back inside yet?” Jamie asked.

“Yes, the evil non-light mages are allowed back in the house now.” Richie said theatrically. “I don’t know how our humble home will survive the onslaught, but you may enter.”

“Gee, thank, bro.” Jamie deadpanned and skipped inside. “I forgot my damn phone in the room and Jennifer was supposed to call me!”

“Shit.” Richie said with a shake of his head.

“You’re not going to go hog-wild like him when you break your virginity, are you?” Worthington asked and Richie shook his head.

“No, I’ve already been through my Ceremony.” Richie laughed. “I’m just waiting until I finish my apprenticeship and meet Ms. Right. It’s a choice for me, not what it was for him.”

“Oh.” Worthington said and then felt uncomfortable for a moment.

“You’re going to have to stop that.” Richie said in a very serious tone. “Jamie knew damn well what he was doing, and I don’t care how seductive you think you are, your powers at their most powerful would not have seduced him. He let himself be seduced, he let it happen, knowing it was the best chance to end the whole evil-Worthington/Good-Michael divide and bringing you back together, Worthington Michael Sinclair. We’d all be happier if he hadn’t made that sacrifice, and if I’d been here, I’d have done it for him, and for you, even though it wouldn’t have been as big of a sacrifice since I went through the Ceremony already. It still would have been enough. I wasn’t here though, and he was, and we’d much rather have you than the alternative. So, instead of apologizing every damn time someone or something reminds you of what Jamie did, just say ‘Thank you’”.

“Thank you.” Worthington said and Richie smiled.

“Oh, and do me a favor?” Richie said as Worthington moved to go inside.

“Yes?” Worthington asked.

“Make sure he’s not bringing a parade of people home.” Richie sighed. “I don’t know if the Moms are up to counting the potential babies as they walk by.”

“I’ll try, but there’s little hope of that.” Worthington laughed as he went inside and made his way to his own room.

He’d left his phone in his room too, and looked at it from habit. A quick check showed that the call he’d missed had come from Josh, and he listened to the message on his voice mail. The invitation to join the group for a ride was tempting, and he decided he’d do it. There was still time to meet up with them, and he hurriedly changed into his riding gear and left the house. When he walked by Jamie’s room, he could hear his best friend on the phone, and it sounded like he was talking to a girl. From the sound of it he wasn’t wasting his time, and for someone who had recently been a virgin, he was talking a good game, playing up the heartbreak from his so-recent break up with Sarah.

He left word with Richie on where he was going, and soon enough was zipping down the streets of Scottsdale. Already he was too late for the rendezvous at the regular meeting spot, but he found the group near the McDowell Park, and was soon enjoying himself in the easy camaraderie that came with this group. An hour later, they were all leaning against their bikes, chatting about nothing as they drank sodas or sports drinks.

“Things better at the house?” Brandon asked as everyone began to get ready to head back on the road. They were going to head down the freeway, and terrorize the neighborhoods around the South Mountain Resort before heading back home. “I had to get out of there earlier. Those women were just too tense.”

“Yeah, things are better.” Worthington smiled. “So, any luck with Tom?”

“Not yet.” Brandon frowned and headed back to his own bike. The object of his affection was waiting for him, revving up his green Ninja even as Brandon got onto his very similar bike. Worthington was all smiles underneath his helmet as he followed the group towards the freeway.

When he pulled up to the house later that night, it was quiet, for the most part. Brandon was staying the night at Tom’s house, hoping tonight he’d get lucky. The only noise in the house was the feminine moaning from Jamie’s room, and Worthington smiled again. It sounded like Jamie had successfully gotten one of the girls on his list, and even better, no one was in the house to know what was going on. He lay on his bed, trying not to think of the sex going on in the next room over, and turned on his television to distract himself.

“I thought I felt you come in.” Jamie’s voice from his doorway surprised him. Jamie was nude, and was standing there with a silly grin on his face.

“Where’s your girl?” Worthington asked in alarm as Jamie shut the door behind him and crawled onto the bed next to him.

“I sent her home after we were done.” Jamie grinned, picking at Worthington’s shirt. “Aren’t you hot in all those clothes?”

“I’m wearing shorts and t-shirt.” Worthington snapped. “Look, you just fucked your first girl, aren’t you satisfied?”

“It was fun.” Jamie said with a shrug. “I don’t want to have sex right now.”

“What do you want?” Worthington asked.

“Hold me.” Jamie said in a lost voice, and Worthington felt his heart break. He wasn’t going to say this was his entirely fault, but he took off his shirt before wrapping his arms around Jamie.

“It’s going to be okay.” Worthington said as Jamie leaned against him and started to cry gently against his chest.

“You don’t understand.” Jamie said in between sobs, and his shields parted while he drew Worthington into a gentle rapport. What he felt surprised him, no, it shocked him. Jamie was crying from happiness. He’d had sex with a girl for the first time, and he had been so worried before it had actually happened. Up to then, his only experience in any way had been with guys, and he was worried that what had happened with Worthington, and with Brandon, had changed him so that he’d no longer be able to function with females. He knew he was attracted to them, although he’d never realized just how attractive a guy could be until he’d enjoyed first Worthington and then Brandon. Now, though, he’d had sex with a girl and found that he was just as capable of enjoying the female body, and he was happy.

They fell asleep like that, curled together, and neither of them complained even when they woke up in the middle of the night with stiff necks. Without saying a word, Worthington finished taking off the rest of his clothes, and climbed under the covers with Jamie, holding his best friend in his arms. This time they fell asleep and didn’t wake until morning.

“Brandon, what’s wrong?” Worthington asked as he woke up the next morning to find Brandon standing beside his bed. Jamie murmured something and rubbed sleep from his eyes as a furious Brandon opened and closed his mouth several times. Worthington began to grow worried as he could feel the fury growing inside Brandon.

“What the hell is wrong with you people?” Brandon’s voice was halfway between a shout and a hiss, which Worthington did not believe was possible. “What is fucking wrong with you? Do you all look at me and go ‘oh poor abused little boy! Let me show you that you can be a real man!’? Is there like some great conspiracy from all of you to make me feel better or something by trying to make me into a total fucking top?”

“You have got to be kidding me.” Jamie groaned, and then started giggling. It took Worthington a moment to figure out what was so funny, but when he did he was laughing too. So, Brandon had finally caught Tom, only to find out Tom didn’t want a bottom, he wanted a top.

“Stop laughing at me!” Brandon yelled. “Is it too much to ask that one fucking guy in this town be man enough to fuck me?”

“Oh shut up.” Worthington said as he continued to giggle. Brandon glared at him. “Look, if you want to get fucked so bad, you got two big dicks in this bed. Jump in here and we’ll both shove our cocks up your ass at the same time. That should shut you up.”

“Hey, that’s a good idea.” Jamie grinned, and threw back the covers to reveal a morning erection. He leered at Brandon as he stroked it twice.

“Never mind.” Brandon said with slightly wild-looking eyes. “You guys are a little crazy this morning.”

“Damn.” Jamie pouted, and Worthington was almost surprised to find he was serious. “Do you think we’ll ever find someone willing to take us both at once?”

“Jamie, I think you need to calm down before you break something.” Worthington said, edging his way out of bed. Jamie’s laughter chased him to the bathroom, but he was still worried that some part of Jamie had been serious.

This was getting out of hand!

When he returned from his shower, pulling on a pair of running shorts and a tank top, Jamie had gone back to his own room. Richie knocked on his door though, and poked his head inside long enough to tell Worthington that he was wanted in the workroom. Worthington didn’t waste time, slipping his feet into a pair of flip-flops and headed down to Stacy’s workroom in the basement.

“Oh.” Worthington grunted in surprise as he entered the workroom and found that Stacy wasn’t in there. Elizabeth was standing against the far wall, arms crossed against her chest and staring at the concrete like it held the answers to the universe.

“Come in.” She said in a voice that wasn’t exactly friendly, but wasn’t angry either. Worthington shut the door behind him and went to stand in the middle of the room. His Aunt didn’t turn around, but lifted a hand to trace something she saw in the rock. “Two born of the same father, both pledged to the Light, One shall heal by sacrificing his purity, so that Evil will not ascend, together they shall strive, seeking to preserve the balance.”

“What?” Worthington asked in confusion.

“When we first started thinking about having children, Stacy and I went to an Oracle.” Elizabeth said sadly, and turned to look at Worthington with sad eyes. “That was the answer we got, and we knew we were going to have two sons. It wasn’t until I learned about the trick that…your father pulled with Jamie’s birth that I began to doubt the Oracle’s prophecy. You know about Oracles, right?”

“Cryptic messages that don’t really tell you anything of value until it’s too late.” Worthington said with scorn in his voice and Elizabeth laughed.

“Yes, well I suppose your side would see them that way, but if we hadn’t heard the prophecy, Stacy and I might have stopped at one child.” She said. “Then where would we be right now?”

“In trouble.” Worthington admitted.

“We had two sons because of the prophecy.” She said. “We thought it would be Richie saving Jamie, and when you came along, we thought it would be Richie saving Jamie from you. Then you and Jamie would balance each other out. He’s not quite as powerful as you, but then your Gift has been active longer. He may still grow in power more than you. Something inside me thinks the two of you are going to be a lot closer in strength by the time everything is over with.”

“It would be interesting.” Worthington admitted. “But you won’t teach him now. Don’t you think it odd that the Light is so restrictive that you can’t even teach him anymore? I don’t truly follow the Dark path anymore, I won’t, but a Dark Path mage still teaches me.”

“The Light has always been strict in its requirements.” Elizabeth said with a frown as she turned around to look at Worthington. “With great power comes great responsibility. The Light insists that those who use its powers understand responsibility and be worthy of trust. My power didn’t manifest until after I left home, after I had met Stacy. She helped me decide to set my feet on the path of Light, and it accepted me. Jamie was born to the Light, which has different requirements, and he didn’t meet one of them. Even though his reason for it was noble, he still failed and so he will not be trusted. It is the way of things.”

“When I first came here, I thought everything seemed so free, unrestrained.” Worthington said slowly. “In many ways it was, but there were other restrictions than those I was used to seeing and it took time to realize they were there.”

“Every path we walk in life has its own restrictions, even the one you and Jamie will walk now, between Light and Dark.” She said. “I suspect as smart as you boys are, you’ll realize the potential of teaching each other what you know of the different paths of magic, and work together to find new ways for yourselves. Both of you are Adept potential, and Adepts have an uncanny ability to twist spells to new uses, or even create new ones out of whole cloth.”

“I’m sure we will.” Worthington said slowly, not letting anything show in his voice. Her eyes told the story, though. She knew they hadn’t thought of that, and it was a good idea. He and Jamie were both in the same boat now, and had to find their own way, even if Byron Jones would still teach him. His hands began to tingle at the idea of what he and Jamie could accomplish together.

“Take care of him, Worthington.” Her voice was as solid as stone. “I’m still his mother, and I worry about him. Stacy says it is normal for him to go a bit wild after what has happened. She says we mustn’t interfere with it, that doing so will only push him further away from us, and I trust her judgment. Her older brother went through something similar.”

“What happened to him?” Worthington asked.

“They tried to convince him to live by the old standards he’d complied with before.” Elizabeth’s mouth twisted as she spoke. “He killed himself after a year. I do not want to see that happen to Jamie!”

“It won’t.” Worthington said just as fiercely as her last sentence, and their eyes met and they reached a silent agreement.

“That is what I wanted to talk to you about first.” Elizabeth said. “It seems you understand we don’t blame you for what happened. Jamie knew what he was doing, he had the right to make the decision that he did, and it was the right decision. Now we all have to pay the price of it, including you.”

“Jamie is my brother and my best friend, all rolled into one.” Worthington said with conviction. What he didn’t say was something he still didn’t quite understand. “I will always be there for him.”

“We know.” Elizabeth smiled. “I have some good news on other fronts, of a sort.”

“What is it?” Worthington asked.

“Your Uncle is offering us a deal.” She said. “I think he fears that even if he wins at the trial court level, we will win on appeal, or be able to stall the case for years until you are eighteen. Either situation leaves him with nothing, and he wants to walk away from the table with something.”

“What does he want?” Worthington asked.

“A seat on the Board of Directors for several of the Sinclair holdings.” She said. “That will give him a voice in the direction of those companies, and quite a bit of influence in several areas. Each of the seats he asks for also come with a sizeable stipend, and considerable benefits.”

“Which companies?” Worthington asked and she told him. His Uncle was no simpleton. The companies he wanted a seat on were all healthy, profitable businesses in key sectors of Defense, Health Care, and Manufacturing. It would be easy to use those positions for political as well as financial influence. “What do you advise?”

“Give him everything but the Manufacturing sector seat.” She replied with a shrug. “You can always renegotiate later, when you reach your majority, and as your guardian I will be claiming a seat on each of those until you come of age. On issues I care about, I can counter his new influence, if I take the time and make the effort. How will you feel about this, though? He did kill your family, and tried to kill you.”

“Killing my family set me free, in the end, and he didn’t succeed in his attempt to kill me.” Worthington said, and realized that was the truth. He didn’t have any animosity towards his Uncle, really. Let everything else be water under the bridge.

“So do you agree?” She asked.

“You could do this without my agreement.” He reminded her.

“You are old enough to be involved in these decisions, and probably understand the implications as well as I do, if not better.” She laughed. “You have been prepared for being the head of the family since you were born.”

“That is true.” Worthington frowned as a host of memories welled up inside of him. There had been many long talks with his father, both under the geas, and without it. Those memories were all his, now though, and he understood them even better than he had ever before.

“Very well, I will contact your Uncle’s people and see if a compromise can be reached.” She said with a smile. “Now, while I have you here, I wish to do something I haven’t done in a while.”

“What is that?” Worthington asked, and raised an eyebrow as mage power gathered in her hand.

“I haven’t practiced combat between mages in a long time, and I’ve been feeling a lot of aggression lately.” She smiled. “Care to practice against a Light mage?”

“I think that will be possible.” Worthington smiled as he summoned high magic energies and prepared a shield. He’d never really practiced this kind of thing with a Light mage, and was intrigued by what he might learn. It was a good thing he’d prepared the shield, though, because his first lesson was that a Light-mage didn’t hesitate to strike the first blow. The blast that rang against his shield was strong too, stronger than he expected, and sweat began to bead on his forehead.

He was soaked in sweat by the time he bowed formally to her in defeat. With raw power he might have beaten her if this was an actual fight, but she had years of practice behind her magic, and a great deal of cunning. It had been her skill, and her cunning that had beaten him in the end.

“Not bad.” She said with a smile. “I feel a lot better now. Thank you.”

“I thank you for the lesson, however unintended it might be.” Worthington smiled and she nodded. With that, he left and made his way back up to his room, where he took another much-needed shower. It was nearly lunchtime now, and he had an appointment, or rather a date. For this he dressed in a nice polo shirt and a pair of slacks.

Michael had hated the slacks, polo shirts, and dress shirts that were the regular attire of Worthington Sinclair. Worthington-geas had hated the casual attire of shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops that Michael had preferred. He’d really hated the tanned skin as well, fretting it would ‘age’ him prematurely as his mother always warned. Michael had slathered on skin-care products recommended by Jamie and enjoyed the healthy glow the tan gave him. Worthington Michael Sinclair didn’t care. He dressed for what he was doing, either casually or more formally depending on the situation. The separation of his psyche had been about more than good or evil, light or dark, it had stretched into all areas of his life, but now he was whole again, or rather whole for the first time in his life.

“You look nice.” Jeremy said with a smile as Worthington pulled up in front of the trailer. Jeremy was dressed in a pair of slacks that were starting to fade, but were still nice, and a dark brown dress shirt.

“So do you.” Worthington smiled, and was happy that there did not seem to be as much tension between them as there had been the last time they’d seen each other, that night where all hell had broken loose. They’d talked on the phone since then, but Jeremy had said he needed time to sort things out in his head.

As soon as Jeremy was seated and had buckled his seat belt, Worthington was taking off, heading out of the trailer park and east, up into the mountains.

“Mike, thanks for being patient with me.” Jeremy said calmly.

“Thank you for not dumping me after what happened.” Worthington said with a smile. He didn’t try to explain about his name, how Mike no longer really fit him. After thinking about it some, he had decided to let things go as they had been before, for the most part. Whether people called him Worthington or Michael, or Mike wasn’t all that important.

“It’d take more than that to make me stop loving you.” Jeremy said after a long moment of silence, and Worthington’s heart did a flip-flop in his chest. “I won’t lie. It hurt for most of the next day, and there’s still so much gunk in my head that sometimes I forget they’re your memories and not my own.”

“I can help with that, if you want.” Worthington offered. “You know what I mean.”

“Yes, you can erase those memories, but I don’t want that.” Jeremy said firmly. “That’s why I had to have my own time, to really think about things, and to remember who I was. I understand you better, now, too. I mean, I know they aren’t all your memories, just some of them, but I think I understand what’s made you the person you are.”

“You need to understand something else, too.” Worthington added. “I’m not the geas, and I’m not the same Michael you knew before. I’m Worthington-Michael, all of me, combined as we should have been.”

“Do you still love me?” Jeremy asked in a weak voice.

“That hasn’t changed at all.” Worthington said.

“Then that’s what is important for me.” Jeremy said. “Everything else, well, my Mom and Dad say that even after twenty years together they’re still learning new things about each other. It’s not that big a deal if I have to get to know you a little better again.”

“You are too good.” Worthington said with a little bit of awe. “Most people wouldn’t even think about being half as accepting as you.”

“I’ve given my heart to someone who does things most people can’t even imagine happening.” Jeremy laughed. “You can make a person forget anything, or remember things that never happened, you can tell what I’m thinking if you want to, and I know you won’t do that unless it is really necessary, and you can blast a person with magic if you need to. The really funny thing, I’m not scared by all that. What I am scared about is losing you, losing your love.”

“You won’t.” Worthington assured him.

“Not even to Jamie?” Jeremy asked and Worthington nearly ran them off the road as he froze with surprise. He jerked the wheel, got them back on the road and took several deep breaths while Jeremy started laughing.

“See.” Jeremy laughed, but there was a look of pain. “I told you I’ve been thinking, and remembering things. Maybe before what happened between you and him were just best friends, and this whole ‘brother’ thing just blows my mind. Your dad was a real asshole.”

“Yes, he was.” Worthington chuckled in agreement, hoping they could change the subject.

“But after what happened, there’s a connection now between you and Jamie.” Jeremy said. “I know there is, I could feel it happening. It’s deeper than friends, or brothers, it’s closer to what you feel for me, and I think he must return those affections. Add in that you’re both mages, strong ones too, and I’m just a mundane, well I won’t stand a chance, will I, in a war for your affections?”

“There will be no war for my affection.” Worthington said firmly. “I’ve been trying not to think about it too much, but you’re right, my feelings for Jamie go deeper than they did before, but they haven’t changed how I feel about you, either. I don’t know what’s going to happen between Jamie and I to be perfectly honest. It’s not like we’re obsessed with each other sexually.”

“Although you two have been doing it while I’ve been thinking, right?” Jeremy asked and Worthington was faced with a decision. No, his relationship with Jeremy would be based on the truth. Anything else would poison it.

“He’s a fucking hornball right now.” Worthington groused, deciding he’d be more than honest, he’d share everything and see how Jeremy took it. That was the only way this was going to have any hope in the world of working. “I swear, he gets done fucking a girl and the next thing he’s doing is crawling into my bed.”

“Did it make you jealous?” Jeremy asked with a little laugh. Where was that damn restaurant, and why did he pick one that was such a long drive from home?

“No.” Worthington said immediately. “I think the only thing that would make me jealous is you and him doing it and liking it better than being with me.”

“Whew.” Jeremy breathed a sigh of relief. “So you think him and me would ever get together?’

“You have two legs, don’t you?” Worthington laughed. “Right now Jamie’ll do it with anything with two legs that drops its pants.”

“We’ll work this out, somehow.” Jeremy said in a quiet voice as he put his hand on Worthington’s knee. That was enough to get him hard as a rock, and he was torn between stopping for lunch and finding a secluded place to show Jeremy how much he appreciated that. Well, the mine wasn’t too far away from the restaurant. They could head up there after lunch. Yes, that would work.

“We will.” Worthington agreed.

Copyright © 2012 dkstories; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 39
  • Love 8
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

i am trying to accustom myself with the change in jamie and understand the working or light and dark in this world, but my heart bleeds for jamie as it did for W B S when i thought he couldn't be trained.

Link to comment

The aftermath of a hard decision made in the heat of battle. Ah consequence and overly rigid rules. How is it everyone isn't a fanatic with such unbending tenants?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..