Jump to content
    Emraell
  • Author
  • 447 Words
  • 747 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Order - 1. Chapter 1

Year 2010
A global recession wreaks havoc in international markets.

June 2011
Famine and disease spread worldwide. First-world countries barely meet their citizen's needs.
In light of these events, the global populace turns to its only reprieve: solace within religion.

With its new members, the Roman Catholic Church slowly gains power and wealth. Using this amassed wealth,
it purchases farmland from ailing second and third-world countries, thereby providing for its members and in return receives their trust.

Along with land, the Church begins to research ancient texts.

Two months later, war enraptures the world. The United Nations is dissolved. Vatican City remains a crowded, yet safe haven for its citizens.

Year 2012
The war between the Middle Eastern Front, composed East Asia and Africa, and the European Union is brought to an end by none other than the Church.

In this decisive battle, both sides were annihilated. The Church reveals the product of its wealth and research and development: large mechanical suits piloted by people. At its heart: the Emotion Core.

Within eight months, the world is pacified by the new superpower: the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church along with its weapon: the Crusaders.

Year 2013


The Church is abolished. From its ashes arose the Holy Order. A group of radicals with their foundation on the Bible. At its head, the Holy father.


With the establishment of the Holy Order, countries conquered by the Church immediately surrendered their sovereignty and the Order placed Cardinals at the head of these satellite country's governments. Those who refused to surrender soon found themselves at war and severly outmatched by the Order's army.


In order to survive, these rebels banded their countries and lay down their differences to repel the Order. The Rebellion was born. Consisting of those who believed in true freedom could not be achieved when people are so bound by the words of the Bible.

Thus, the flames of war raged anew.

Four years after the collapse of the global economy, war still holds the Rebellion and the Order in stalemate. The Rebels recovered documents on the workings of the Emotion Core and crafted their own machines. With the Rebellion unyielding, the Order began a new campaign against those they saw as impure, those they saw as too different. They were given the title 'forsaken' for they have forsaken the Laws and refused to change their ways.

As such, families and friends willingly betrayed each other as soon as they realized who had forsaken the Laws. The forsaken were then taken to 'correctional' facilities and kept there, in the vain hope that they could be cured, or at the very least segregated from society where they can no longer encourage others to follow.

Copyright © 2011 Emraell; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..