Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Song In My Heart - 2. Chapter 2

Did I mention I hate mornings? I didn't even realize I fell asleep on the couch until I heard my mother yelling that it was time to get up before I miss school. Worst thing in the world I think to wake someone up out of a restful sleep by an alarm clock or these things called screaming parents. Whoever invented mornings I would like to have a word or two with them.

Dragging myself off the couch I stretch and did my usual morning back bone cracks before looking at the clock and heading for a shower. I sadly had no time to take care of the normal morning wood business. There is nothing like a hot shower and a good jerk off session thinking about someone’s sexy body. I not a virgin, though I not a typical jock whore either. I've had about 3 girlfriends and all of them I've date for about 4 or 5 months before we went our separate ways.

By the time I got out of the shower my mother had already left for work. I only had about 10 minutes before I had to leave the house just enough time for bagel and cream cheese to eat on my way to the bus stop. This was the normal me, walking around without a care in the world, that I didn't even notice I ran into a person standing right in front of me at the bus stop.

“Shit man, talk about having my head in the clouds”

I reached down offering a hand to pick them up when I saw his face. SHITTTT! I was screaming in my head, my stomach was doing back flips because of all people it had to be him. That is when it hit me. The electric pulse that seemed to travel through both of us the minute he touched my hand. The world stopped at that moment. I swear there was not even a breath of wind blowing and all of time stood still right in that moment. All I could do was look into his golden brown eyes that seemed almost orange in the morning sunlight. I couldn't read his face, it was half caught in in the moment, half fear and I believe he felt it to. The pull….

He quickly pulled away from me and just as the moment it came it went away. “Watch where you’re going next time will you.” Was all he said as he turned to pick up his backpack and dusted himself off turning away from me. I myself was still standing there stuck just by his sheer beauty. The way his hair was still wet from what I assume was a morning shower and how it glistened in the sun. The square shape of his face and a tight jaw line that for some reason I just wanted to kiss.

Shaking my head out of the daze I took a step back and forced myself to turn away from him. Never has a single person in my life has had an effect on me like he dose and I still couldn't understand why. Thankfully before I even knew it the bus rolled in front of us and we both got on. I got instantly dragged into a seat with Rose as I watched him move to the back.

“Omg. Last night I was on the phone with Jackie and guess what…she and Chad are going out can you believe it! Chad of all people, man whore of the entire school. I tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn't listen to me, so I hope she doesn't come crying when he breaks her heart and...”

Rose stopped and looked at me. I was still in a daze doing nothing but staring at the bus seat right in front of me not even listening to a single word she was saying.

“Earth to Kris…come in” Finally snapping out of it again I shook my head to her waving her hand in front of my face. “Morning Rose”

“Yea…Morning.” She moved up a bit and looked in back and then turned and looked at me. “It happened again didn't it Kris.

“I was walking, in my own world as normal, I bumped into him and he fell over. I didn't know it was him until I reached down offering to give the person a hand getting up… and… his hand touched mine and…”

In reality I still felt the surge moving though me. I looked down at my hand and just smiled. “I never felt anything like it, it was like electric, it was cosmic it…”

“You’re in love Kristen” That’s all she said or if she said anything else I didn't hear it. Love. I never have been in love before so I didn't know what it was like or if it was even like this. I knew this was something powerful, something I didn't want to let go and I had to find some way to keep. At this point I didn't care if he was a guy; he had to be mine…my Chance.

 

Classes seem to go by in a complete haze. I honestly don’t remember a single thing anyone said to me all day. I didn't see him either. Not that I looked I mean…ok maybe I did but I wasn't like stalking him or anything just hoping he was in at least one of my classes. There were often times I would close my eyes and that jolt of electricity would run though me. I could still smell his light male scent in which then I had to force myself out of a daze to forbid an embarrassing hard on.

None of this made sense to me. I am straight. I mean I've dated girls, some pretty hot ones. I've even had sex and performed well you know. At least I think I performed well, I mean I never had complains only asked for repeats you know. I have never once thought of a male until I saw him, until the rain and his glowing orange brown eyes.

On my way to my last period I heard a sudden hit against my locker that jolted be out of my haze. I looked up and there was Rose with her classic Rose is very angry face.

“You been a Zombie all day Kris, would you snap out of it your scaring me.”

“I wish I could Rose…I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

“Look here he comes.”

Was all I heard her say as I turned around after closing my locker to see Rose run up to him and stopped Chance in the middle of the hallway pulling him towards me. ME! I wanted to bolt and run, I wanted to kiss him, and I wanted to take him to bed. Before I could even think fully about that last statement there he was standing right in front of me. He looked rather shy, a bit annoyed but behind those eyes it was like I could see his pain.

“Chance has a few classes with me Kris so I’d figured we all both be friends you know. He is new in town and what better way to get acquainted then to get to know the schools star player.”

“Soccer player”

I have no idea what made me even blurt that out but Rose gave him a little shove forward and without knowing it he kinda tripped into me and I swear right then and there I had a heart attack. I don’t know if I can even describe this or put it into words but when the person you can’t keep your mind off of falls into you and everything in the world seems to fall right into place, even things that you don’t even know was out of place fit perfectly together it’s the most unimaginable thing in the universe. I was sure he felt my heart beating against my chest and in the distance I was sure that I could hear Rose giggling in the background but it seemed to get further and further away.

But then I felt something or rather heard something I didn't expect. A wince. Was he in pain? Did someone hurt him? My mind was racing at this point as I slowly and gently made sure he was steady. I cleared my throat though I didn't want to but if I was going to speak with a full voice then there was no other choice. Chance looked back at Rose like he was giving her the evil eye and that made me laugh to myself a bit. Putting on my best act I could without completely falling apart and confessing my feeling I stuck out my hand.

“Hey man call me Kris, everyone else dose and yea umm…welcome to our great city?”

Yea, I was kicking myself a bit, such a lame introduction but that’s all I could muster up.

“Nice to meet you Kris.”

His voice was so small and fragile that it was making my heart melt. I probably had one of those dazed love sick looks on my face right now but I didn't care at all at this point. I saw him look behind him like he was looking for an excuse to get away. He was so shy, fragile, and he seemed lost or that no one even ever took the time of day to talk to him. I really didn't know what to do or much of how to handle this situation without seeming awkward but I guess this is why Rose is my best friend as she can read me like a book.

“Hey why don’t we all hang out after school? We can all meet up at Kris place since his is the closet and just you know watch movies spending our Friday night doing what teenagers do?”

I both wanted to kiss her and beat her all at the same time and I swore a long time ago never to hit a woman but Rose has it coming. I was not sure if I could even handle a night with Chance rather or not she was there or not. Chance on the other hand seemed a bit timid by the idea. He started to speak and then stopped and then started to speak again looking behind him as if he just wanted to run away.

“I….I can’t…I mean thank you for the offer but...”

“No, no, no Chance there is no getting away from the all mighty Rose. You’re coming after school even if I have to drag you there myself.”

Rose and her threats I tell you. They seem to really scare him because he jumped. She had some force behind her voice but nothing that you would not just laugh off normally so this concerned me greatly.

“Hey man don’t listen to her if you can’t you can’t we understand.”

“He can…can’t you Chance.”

She looked at him with what I like to call the Rose eyes of death. The eyes of if you say no an almighty wrath would come to you to swiftly that you would never see it coming. I could see Chance conceding in himself like he didn't want to disappoint her. He simply nodded just as the final bell rang for us to attend our final classes.

“Great. You and Kris can ride together on the bus; I have to do a small after school thing so I will be there maybe 30 minutes late.”

With that Rose gave her classic bright white smile and bounced away down the hall. I saw a small smile on Chance’s face and my knees nearly went weak. It was so small, probably not even noticeable to anyone else but it was there and if that small smile made me weak then a full one would surely kill me.

“I’ll um…I guess see you on the bus them. You don’t have to sit next to me or anything we umm, get off at the same spot so I can just wait for you….”

Before I even could reply he ran off down the hall. It was the way he said wait for you that had me hanging as the second bell ranged. I wanted to curse it I swear. I started walking to class not in any real hurry as the freak out and panic begun to take hold. HE IS COMING TO MY HOUSE! I felt sick and then decided instead of going to my final class I made my way up to the roof top of the school. I was thankful for when I get there that there are no stoner kids hanging out smoking weed on school property so it was just me I made my way to the farthest corner of the building and leaded against the bring ledge. Thankfully it was tall enough to prevent anyone from accidentally tipping over and I’m able to rest against it letting the cool brick rest against my back and neck. I closed my eyes just letting the cool breeze kiss against my skin. So much has happen in the last 2 days and none of it I was ready for. I was content with my simple life and now, I don’t know if I ever was really content.

Shaking my head I reached in my backpack and pulled out the song I have been working on since I met him. Normally songs just pour out of me but this one…this one is special and isn't coming as easily. Closing my eyes again I see his face. His golden orange eyes and the fear behind them, his fragile nature, the way his lips were thin but made his jawline more interesting. His jawline, just that thought alone made me giggle. Sharpe, square and kissable. And then the ugly words “I’m Not Gay” rear its ugly head and I sigh. I never once in my life felt this way for another person let alone a guy. Not a fantasy, not a quick glance in the locker rooms, nothing. But the site of Chance almost brings me to tears.

Hearing the first bell ring knowing it was time to start making my way to that bus and usher the love of my life into my home all why trying to keep my cool. Love of my life…it is really almost comical.

I got a song in my heart, as it bleeds for you, it sings for you

I got a whisper in my soul; calling your name….it screams your name

And I never felt a love like this before…

 

(Chance POV)

A pulse. A draw. A pull. So power, so intense, intriguing. Wrapping around your body like a snake, choking, squeezing yet electrifying. The more you fight it the more it consumes you until it’s not just your body it’s your heart, until it’s not just your heart it’s your mind, until…it’s not just your mind…it’s your soul. You can’t breathe. You can only feel.

That pulse, that pull, ran through my body the moment he touched my hand. It grabbed me, choking its way into my heart, worming its presence in my mind and taking over my soul. I have to get rid of this but I don’t know if I can because I didn't know if I could survive without it….without…him.

Thank you again so much for reading!
©Copyright (2014) (EverlastingSong); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow...talk about love at first sight. I can't wait for the next chapter. Let's see where life (and Rose) takes Kris and Chance!!!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..