Jump to content
    faust
  • Author
  • 2,258 Words
  • 6,172 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2008 - Spring - Living in the Shadows Entry

Almost - 1. Story

Almost

-Faust

 

 



Oct. 31st

Local Teen Wanted in connection to Murder of Shipping Tycoon Leonard Yu

A manhunt is underway tonight for a local teenager suspected to have knowledge about the violent murder of alleged Mafioso and Shipping Magnate Antino Abruzzi. The young man now identified as Anton Rizzi is also wanted for questioning in the assault and disappearance of two other men whose identities are unknown, and the disappearance of a police officer. According to witnesses Rizzi opened fire on a room full of guest at the home of Abruzzi, and as Abruzzi attempted to escape the suspect made multiple lacerations to the victim with a knife plucked from one of the many tables in the room. Police advise anyone who may encounter Rizzi to be extremely cautious as he is suspected to be armed. Story Cont’d page 3.


 



Nov. 3rd

I have been here for over 4 days already. If there’s one thing I can say it’s that now everyday seems like the last. I just want to go back to the days when I was invisible to everyone. Now I dare not leave my hiding spot. I know Croxificcio is waiting for me, biding his time until I decide to show myself. I don’t know how much longer I can stay here. SHIT! I should have just run. And it doesn’t help at all that my face is plastered all over every newspaper and television channel. What the fuck did I get myself into?


 



Nov. 5th

He was just outside my hiding place not even a second ago. I don’t want him to find me. I feel like I’m slowly losing my mind. I have to get out of here, but it’s as if he never sleeps anymore. I have to try. I can’t help but get the feeling he knows exactly where I am and that’s why he comes to the same spot every few hours.


 



Nov. 6th

I think he’s found a way to get in here. I heard scraping and banging on the only locking door of the room. I can’t sleep because I’m scared he’ll come for me then. I have to move and fast.


 



Nov. 9th

I think I’ve finally lost him. He appears everywhere I go and even I don’t know how he keeps following me. It’s not like I am a beginner in tracking people down. I have an idea, but it’s just my imagination right??? I’m in the public library now. I haven’t run into anyone else but I could have sworn I heard someone crying earlier. I’m going to explore a bit more but first I have to gather some supplies. I think I’ll wait till after a nap though.


 



Nov. 11th

I definitely know someone else was here now. I was sitting in the tower watching the street when he appeared and made a beeline straight for the front of the library. I heard him stomping around down below followed by a loud scream. I don’t know who it was but I know I wasn’t mistaken when I saw three more people walk into the library and drag a large bundle out. I’m still trying to determine when this turned into a cheesy crime drama. Yet it scared the shit out of me. You know the bad part? He knows without a doubt that I’m here. He’s been talking at the door for the past hour. I have to get away. That way he won’t be able to follow.


 



Nov. 16th

Woman Missing! Police, Family suspect Foul Play Leonard Yu

Police are baffled and a family is in grief tonight searching for missing college student Rachel Bridges. According to witness Croxificcio Abruzzi, Bridges was last seen in the stacks at the Parkdale Library on November 11th. According to Abruzzi, son of Antino Abruzzi, and heir to local shipping empire, Bridges was at the information desk in the Parkdale Library when he entered the Archives for information on a class project. Many other witnesses report hearing screams and seeing a young man exit the library several minutes later. Story Cont’d page 9.


 


 



Nov. 21st

I haven’t seen Croxificcio in close to two weeks now. I couldn’t wait any longer after he started standing outside the library for hours on end watching the windows where I had so frequently watched him. This was not good. I gathered all of my gear while he stood watching. I started standing just outside of the windows range and began to pace back and forth. To this day I am still not sure if he could see me but he followed my every movement with his eyes until I took three steps back and placed my gear near the door. I’ll have to wait until it gets light and he disappears for a few hours before I attempt to leave. Now on to the exciting wait. Great only 5 hours to go.


 



Nov. 22nd

I know where he goes when he disappears for hours during the day. He stands outside of the door waiting. He’s known that I was here but now he’s trying to get me to turn myself into him. He got so far as to lock his cold clammy fingers around my upper arm trying to snatch me right out of my hiding spot when I attempted to slip out of the door and get away. Imagine it. I’m trying to be all stealthy and slip away while he’s disappeared, and end up running straight into him. That’s how I found out about him being in the hall. He’s still out there. Right now he’s softly tapping on the door mumbling something. I don’t know what he’s saying but I keep hearing him mention something about getting hungry. You know I don’t remember him going to take any breaks today. He’s gotta take a piss sooner or later, and when he does I’m so outta here. Well, back to patrol duty.


 



Nov. 26th

He’s stood outside this door for 4 days now. 4 days and he hasn’t given up yet. I’m beginning to get cabin fever. Can you get cabin fever while not in a cabin? The more you know right. I tried fighting him off to force my way out of the room but he’s way too fast, and A LOT stronger than I remember. I wonder why he doesn’t just break the door down. I won’t go back. I’d rather die first. Where’s my knight in shining armor now? Ha! I’m still waiting on him. I hope he’ll come soon. I wish. Today is actually Thanksgiving. I want this nightmare to be over. The phones have been disconnected though. Every number I’ve called has gone unanswered and was immediately followed by the emergency broadcast system. Now that you mention it, his friends haven’t really been eating either. I would say they’re vampires or zombies but common sense and logic rule them out immediately. I’m not crazy right!?


 



Nov. 30th

He’s been talking to the door for hour’s now non-stop calling for Anton. I won’t acknowledge anyone searching for Anton, as far as everyone knows he disappeared on Halloween and he ain’t coming back. I guess this destroys the zombie suspicion, but vampires are completely capable of speech. Although he was in the sunlight in the hall and didn’t explode into ash; guess that one’s out too. He keeps jiggling the door knob and trying to pick the lock. Now that you think about it, I’m so glad I barricaded myself in or he would be in here already. I think it’s about that time to be getting out of here. Maybe I can really lose him this time.


 



May 14th

Sorry I haven’t written in a while but escaping from an extremely stalkerish maniac with possible sexual deviant tendencies jockeyed for the forefront of my concentration and wouldn’t you know it won by a landslide. I left him high and dry talking to an empty room back in Spokane, and I haven’t looked back since. That is except for this morning when I looked directly into his face outside of a coffeehouse on campus. He didn’t recognize me with the changes I had. Who would? Trent Lowen (you didn’t actually expect me to keep my name did you?) seems to be just another run of the mill athlete. Nobody’s going to figure out my past. But he was mighty interested in the clientele of the coffeehouse. I’m going to have to be extra careful. I’ve worked too hard to get away from my old life.


 



May 15th

I finally figured out how that stalker perv keeps finding me. A tracking chip placed under the collar of my jacket. Ok, here I am coming back from the bathroom, and when I look up this perv is holding my jacket up smelling it. At least that is what I think until I see him snatch something from under the collar and replace it with an almost identical something. Of course I wanted to know what it was, and as soon as I returned to the table, I discovered the tracking device and very promptly dropped it into my cup of cold sludge. This is getting out of hand. I have to disappear completely from everyone’s radar. I’ll write again when I can. Goodbye journal my old friend…


 



Oct 31st - 4:00pm

Local College Student killed in Dorm Room Blaze Sharon Hughes

AP-Early yesterday evening the body of local college diving star Trent Lowen (19) was found in his dorm room. From police statements and reports we have gathered that the student burned to death in his bed as he slept. As of this morning police are classifying this as arson and have declared his death a murder. There have currently been no arrests in the case and police are asking anyone with information to please come forth to bring his murderer to justice. Story cont’d page A8.


 

Can you see the pure genius of that shit?!? That was such a rush of adrenaline that I didn’t even remember if I was coming or going. Finally after a year, yes count it a year, this nightmare is finally over and I can get on with my new life. I have been creepy stalker guy free for a little over 6 months now and with my extensive surgery, a gift from the poor schmuck who never made it out of my dorm room; I am literally a brand new person. Finally free, feels damn good to say that.


 

Whoever would have thought Anton Rizzi, the poor little street kid who grew up to be the top enforcer of the Abruzzi family would make it out of that life outside a body bag? I still think it’s too bad Croxificcio was only interested in killing me at our last meeting, I do still love him but it will never be now. I probably should have left his father alive in my bid for freedom but the less Abruzzi scum there is to lay claim to the empire the better. But right now I got a date with this guy from my advanced psychology class. We first met last week, after I confronted him about following me around campus. We talked for a while and discovered we are both from the same borough in New York. He said he’s attracted to the history he can see in my eyes. I just think he’s full of shit, but he did ask me out so here I go. Wish me luck!


 



Oct. 31st - 8:45pm

Ok, so he is almost too good to be true. He’s a perfect gentleman, that’s ok for now but I’ll have to break that habit later. He just got up to go to the bathroom a few minutes ago and he should be back any second. I feel like I’ve known him forever. His name is Michael Cross. There’s something about his eyes that seem so familiar to me though, it’s like they can read my every thought. When I am around him, it almost seems as if I’m talking to Croxificcio again. It’s definitely the eyes. Kinda makes me feel like I never ran. I think I’m going to see where this goes. I just hope he


 



Nov. 1st

Local Student Gunned Down in Suspected Mafia Hit Lilia Pitman

Reuters- In local news a student was shot to death late last night while dining at the Cambridge Cafe in the 4600 block of Cordova Drive. According to eyewitness testimony, an unidentified man dining with the victim was seen leaving the table heading to the restroom, while the victim was seen writing in what sources believe to be a journal. About 5 minutes later, witnesses claim the unidentified man walked up to the victim and said ‘Almost’ at a high volume before opening fire into the chest area of the victim. An ambulance responded to the call, but the victim, whose identity is being withheld, was pronounced dead at the scene. Police have disclosed that the victim carried identification which happens to belong to one of the most violent and dangerous teenage criminals rumored to have been employed by now deceased suspected mob leader Antino Abruzzi. Police are asking any witnesses who may have knowledge of the whereabouts of the now missing ‘journal’ used by the victim to come forward. Story Cont’d Page B2

End.



 


 

Thank You so very much to Moonwolf for beta and proof reading.

Ok. I love feedback. Seriously. How about you just let me know what you think? rogue.cell@yahoo.com

Copyright © 2010 faust; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2008 - Spring - Living in the Shadows Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a riveting story, and turn of events. The twist right on. So glad they featured this story today. Great job!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..