Jump to content
    Graeme
    • Classic Author
  • 1,238 Words
  • 1,222 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

New Story - 1. New Story

Leo couldn’t believe he was running his hands over Euan’s muscular chest. He gazed in wonder at the nineteen-year-old Aussie Rules rookie, the closed eyes and murmur of contentment that escaped from the slightly open lips showing that Leo wasn’t the only one who was enjoying their encounter.

Lowering his eyes, Leo held his breath as he let one hand slip down towards the football player’s...

“Wotcha doing?”

Trent looked up, annoyed by the interruption. His boyfriend of seven years grinned down at him as he placed a cup of coffee on the desk. Trent smiled to indicate his appreciation, and then turned his attention back to the computer.

“I’m working on my new story. I’ve got this love scene that I wanted to get down while it’s fresh in my mind.”

Ken frowned as he ran a hand through his black curls. “Do you have to? It’s not going to be like that last story of yours, is it? I was so embarrassed by that one.”

That destroyed what was left of Trent’s concentration. Knowing he’d get no rest otherwise, he gave Ken his full, loving attention.

“What do you mean? How could you be embarrassed by one of my stories?”

Ken sighed and looked away. Trent could see him blushing.

“Well... I saw Steve and Paul down the street the other day, and they told me that they’d read the story. They then said that they’ve heard that writers do lots of research on what it is they write, and they wanted to know what I thought about all the orgies you must be going to.”

Trent tried to stifle a chuckle, but failed.

“It’s all right for you. You didn’t have to stand there with your mouth hanging open, trying to work out what to say. Then Paul had the nerve to ask me why they hadn’t been asked to help out!”

Trent couldn’t help himself. He fell off his seat, laughing. Paul was a real character with a talent for the outrageous statement.

When he finally regained the ability to speak, Trent asked, “And what did you end up saying?”

Ken grimaced, then gave his blonde boyfriend a bashful smile. “I told them they hadn’t shown up for the auditions.”

“Auditions?”

“Yeah, I told them we had all these cute guys come over and audition for the part of appearing in an orgy, and we picked the best ones for the story.”

Trent shook his head, grinning in disbelief. “And you say you found the whole thing embarrassing. How can you blame me, when you make up a story like that?”

“I had to say something!”

“What was wrong with the truth?”

“But that’s so boring. They wouldn’t be interested in that.”

Trent turned back to the computer, grinning broadly. “If it makes you feel better, the new story is about a couple who form a monogamous relationship. There are no orgies at all.”

Ken reversed a nearby chair. Sitting with his arms resting on the back, he stared past Trent to the screen.

“What’s it about? You haven’t told me.”

“You know I don’t like saying too much about them before I finish. It’s like a jinx, or something.”

“Come on. At least tell me about the main characters. What’s their names and what do they do?”

Trent considered it for a moment, then shrugged his shoulders.

“It’s a love story between Euan, a tall, rugged, handsome AFL rookie and Leo, a pimple-faced, skinny art student.”

Ken’s eyes narrowed and his brow wrinkled.

“Why is it that the nerds have to be pimple-faced and skinny and the jock is always tall, rugged and handsome? Let me guess, he’s also well-hung, too, isn’t he? Don’t you think that’s so stereotyped?”

Trent turned and contemplated his boyfriend.

“Well, it’s what people expect. You can’t vary too much from your traditional love story or the readers won’t associate with it. It’s the classic wish-fulfillment dream.”

“Bullshit! There are a lot of good-looking guys who play football, but there are a lot that aren’t. Making it sound like they’re all perfect catches just isn’t realistic. While I’m at it, there are a lot of non-sportsmen who look after themselves. Why don’t you try reversing it and making the whole story new and refreshing for the readers, instead of just another yawn?”

“Reverse it? How can I have a pimple-faced, skinny football player and expect anyone to believe it?”

Ken looked thoughtful.

“Why not change the sport? Go for something that’s still macho, but doesn’t require as much in the way of muscles?”

“Like what? Tiddlywinks? Chess? You name me a sport where the players don’t have to work on their bodies that people will still think as macho.”

“Okay. How about cricket?”

“You’ve got to be joking! Cricketers work hard on their fitness. They have to develop strong upper bodies, whether they’re bowlers or batters, as well as endurance for all the running they do.”

“Hmmm. Fair enough. I was thinking of how some of them let themselves get a bit fat at times, but you’re right. Okay, what about motor racing?”

Trent nodded his head slowly. “I can go with that one. A pimple-faced, skinny racing car driver would be believable. It doesn’t really go with the story I had planned, but maybe I can keep that one for the future.”

“Why doesn’t it fit the story?”

“I was making it a love story set against the backdrop of an AFL grand final, with all the fanfare that goes with it. I don’t really want to change that. Thanks, Ken, but I’m going to leave it the way it is. I’ll keep your idea for the future, though.”

“If you’re going to keep the stereotypical, unrealistic characters, then fine. But if you want to humour me, why don’t you add a character who’s based on someone real, like me. He’s not a sportsman, but is still incredibly good-looking and popular.”

Ken stood up and struck a bodybuilders pose. After a second he looked down, sucked in his gut and tried again.

Trent raised an eyebrow while fighting to hold back a smile at his boyfriend’s antics. “How about I make him Leo’s brother? By having Euan fall for Leo instead of his brother, it breaks the usual mold. What do you think of that?”

Ken grinned. He nodded his head. “Sounds good to me! Now, you keep writing while I go get us some cheese and biscuits.”

He took a few steps away, then stopped and looked back.

“Oysters are supposed to be aphrodisiacs, aren’t they?”

“Yes, they are. Why do you ask?”

“Oh, nothing. You keep writing. I’ll be back soon. Remember, the new character is tall, handsome and irresistible to almost everyone.”

Trent smiled as Ken winked and blew him a kiss. He then turned back to the computer to poke some gentle fun at his boyfriend. If writers write what they know, then that probably explained why he wrote so many love stories.

Leo was lying with Euan, his head resting comfortably against his lover’s shoulder. They were both exhausted and content.

The door opened to reveal Kevin, Leo’s big brother. Kevin was a happy, care-free soul that everyone loved. He also believed he was incredibly good-looking, but no one has the heart to tell him the painful truth.

Anyway, Leo thought, a beautiful spirit beats a handsome body every time.

Copyright © 2013 Graeme; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..