Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Triple Play - 1. Chapter 1

Waking up in the morning was always hard, but now it just seemed harder. I was getting close to returning to school for my second year of studies, so I was trying to wake up earlier in the morning so that I wouldn’t be late for my classes. A great idea, except I’d gotten used to staying up late to run or enjoy the rest of my summer. It didn’t help that I was also sleeping in late because I didn’t have to go to work waiting tables until the evenings.

Dad was already at work by the time I got up, but I checked outside to see if any mail had arrived. I didn’t expect any, but it was worth looking just to make sure. When I stepped outside and got to our mailbox, I was surprised to see that the box had been closed up and the sign pointed up, indicating that we did have mail for once. I opened the box and found an envelope addressed to me from Whitman.

I wonder what the school wants that they had to send me a letter and didn’t just email it to me.

I took the letter inside and opened it in the kitchen, expecting that it would be something having to do with registering courses for the upcoming year.

“Dear Mr. Williams;

Upon your return to campus, you are required to meet with an academic advisor to discuss your athletic scholarship. Please ensure that you book an appointment with an academic advisor as soon as possible to discuss funding for your upcoming academic year.

Whitman College looks forward to your return.”

I re-read the letter to make sure that I read it correctly. Breathing in sharply, I collapsed into a chair in the kitchen and tried to control my breathing, making sure to try and lengthen my breaths and prevent myself from hyperventilating.

They were taking away my scholarship because of how little I had played last year. That was the only thing that made sense. It wasn’t my fault that I hadn’t been able to play. It wasn’t my fault that I got attacked partway through the season, and it wasn’t my fault that Coach Finnegan didn’t want to give me playing time compared to the other players.

Once I’d gotten a bit more control of my breathing I set the letter down on the table and changed into some shorts. I needed to get away and go for a run to try and make sense of this, and I didn’t want to be in the house until i’d figured out what I was going to do about this loss of scholarship. I didn’t have enough money to go back to college just from waiting tables over the summer; I’d thought this was going to be a bit of spending money to help make things more affordable at home, and now suddenly this was going to be the only way for me to pay for school. I couldn’t ask Dad for help, things still hadn’t turned around for him and we weren’t even saving for anything like this.

I slipped into some grey sweats and a t-shirt, and then slipped my armband on to plug in some tunes for the run. I was glad that I had a bunch of Theory of a Deadman to jam to on my phone ; it was perfect for a time like right now. Once I was ready and stretched I started jogging towards the field. Baseball was the cause of the problem, so maybe if I run to the field I’ll find a solution there that will make it possible for me to go to school this year and not lose out on everything.

Everything looked darker now that I’d read the letter. I’m sure it wasn’t real and was only about my frustration at having to deal with the news, but nothing seemed to look as crisp as it had yesterday. It seemed like there was more grey and the clouds even seemed darker. They also looked much more threatening, and I realized if I didn’t get going on this run soon I’d be doing it in the rain.

By the time I got to the field it had started drizzling. I rushed under the dugout to try and think without having to get soaking wet. I looked up and realized that I’d run to the home team’s dugout without even thinking about it. This was where I’d always been, and I went there on autopilot because it’s where I’ve always been when I came to the field for baseball.

Except it didn’t feel like home very much anymore. I was still fighting with Alex. At least I think I was. He hadn’t said anything to me since Christmas of last year, and I hadn’t tried to contact him. The first time I tried to say anything when I saw him over the Summer break, he’d turned around and gone the other way without responding to anything I’d said. No one from school talked to me either because everyone knew about how things had been with Alex, and I wasn’t surprised to see that almost no one was supportive of a gay relationship around here. Most were quiet about it, but Parker and Annabelle had been driving me crazy all summer, and I was thrilled that I’d be leaving later tonight to go back to school. Well, I would be, but now I have to figure out what to do with my financial situation.

That scholarship was supposed to make sure I didn’t need to go crazy with my student loans, and at this point I didn’t know how much of it was going to be left to me, or if there was going to be anything left at all to help with my tuition and housing. I knew I’d be staying at the fraternity with Bryce, but that wasn’t fair for him to cover the cost of housing for both of us, and that still wouldn’t help with my tuition problems that I was going to have.

I was already working a restaurant job right now, I’d have to see if there was anything available on campus to try and pick up some of the extra costs that I was going to have to pay, and I’d have to consider getting more student loans once I knew exactly how much of a problem I was going to have. I hated having to do that since I already had some from last year and this year, but I’d have to ask for more money now that I was losing my baseball scholarship. I didn’t like it, but there wasn’t any other choice that I could see, and I was going to have to make the best of it. I didn’t know what I would do in January when the baseball season started taking up more of my time; I was sure that there wouldn’t be any jobs I could keep doing then, but I had to deal with this semester first before I could do anything to help fix my problems in January.

It was starting to rain harder now, so I decided to head home as quickly as I could and hope that I wasn’t too badly soaked by the time I arrived home. I knew that I still had to pack and that Dad would want to head to Whitman as soon as he got home so that he could get home somewhat early in the night. Naturally, the rain picked up the moment I started heading for home, and it was too late for me to go back and hide under the dugout for it to stop raining.

I was completely soaked when I got home. Once I got back to my room, I rummaged through my dresser to find something to wear for the trip back to Whitman. At least with the dresser open it would be easier for me to start packing. While I was packing I could hear the rain continuing to pour down outside . Gathering everything that I needed for school was more of a challenge than I thought. Dad had been telling me for weeks to clean up my room, and now I understood why. I couldn’t find anything that I was looking for.

At least I’m getting a workout from looking for all of my stuff. Packing isn’t supposed to be hard, is it?

When Dad came home, he didn’t talk much. He focused on making dinner, leaving me alone to finish packing. I guess he didn’t want to deal with the fact that it was already time for me to be going back to school, and that he wouldn’t be seeing me for another few months. I knew how he felt. Every time he dropped me off it felt weird that I was going to be gone for awhile and basically on my own. I had people on campus I would be around, of course, but it’s not the same as having family around. Instead I would have Bryce, the team and the frat guys who weren’t on the team.

Dinner was quiet, I was already thinking about the courses I’d be taking this semester, and what would happen to me this season for baseball. I was looking forward to getting back on the field, and I knew that we’d be having some of our practices in September and October, right along with the tryouts for the season. I’d be living in the fraternity, which was going to be different. I would miss rooming with Vincente, but he’d be in the other fraternity and it wasn’t like he’d be far away if we wanted to hang out. Besides, I might get lucky and end up rooming with Bryce. That would simplify things if we didn’t have to sneak around, though I’m sure the brothers wouldn’t want us rooming together just for that reason.

Once we finished dinner, I went back to my room and grabbed all the stuff that I was bringing with me. I would have preferred to make the drive to campus tomorrow morning with most of the other students, but Dad had work tomorrow and couldn’t take the time off to drive me, so we were going to go tonight and get me settled. Besides, I may as well get everything figured out early, while the rest of the students were still trying to get themselves moved in. I could get everything registered and not have as much stress for the rest of moving week.

It was still early when we started to drive out, and the sun was only beginning to set on us. I thought about taking a quick nap in the car while Dad drove, and it seemed like a good idea since he wasn’t going to say anything. Dad and I had already talked about everything that could be talked about before starting the semester. Still, it was awkward to spend the whole drive not talking to each other. Neither of us were any good at this I guess.

At least we’re not talking about Alex again, or those idiots Annabelle and Parker. I thought, knowing that Dad just wanted to protect me, but it wasn’t necessary.

 

I’d been sleeping better too, not as many nightmares, especially about Sean. Those must have been from the stress of baseball season and the end of term exams, not to mention the trial and everything else from the Spring. This year there wasn’t going to be any of that, no distractions, I’d be fine.

It wasn’t hard for Dad to find parking by the time we’d arrived on campus. The sun had set, and most people had either left campus or were home in their dorms by now. Dad helped me bring all of the stuff that I was bringing back with me, and we walked to the fraternity houses. I had my baseball stuff with me in my baseball bag, and a couple other school bags while Dad carried my clothes and other amenities that I was going to need for the semester. When we got to the complex Dad gave me a hug and left me with my stuff. I left most of my gear on the sidewalk and knocked on the door.

I was unsurprised when Miles was the one to open the door. Summer had been good to him, although he was going to have to work off some of that home cooking if he wanted to keep his place on the team. It’s an old stereotype that catchers are supposed to be stockier, but new age catchers have to be able to run up and down the lines to cover overthrows, so Coach wanted to make sure that our catchers were as fit as anyone else. Bryce wasn’t having any problems with it, and I knew that Miles wouldn’t either, even if he needed some time to get back into baseball form. Miles’ dark brown hair was plastered to his face, which told me he was at least starting to work on the problem and had recently been working out.

“Devin! It’s about time you got here, Bryce has been going crazy waiting for you to show up. Come on in, let me help you with your stuff. You should head upstairs, Bryce is waiting for you and he’s got something to tell you.” Miles said, opening the door and ushering me in.

I heard Miles grabbing at my stuff and carrying it inside the house while I made my way towards the stairs and up to where the bedrooms were. As I got to the second floor I could see Bryce pacing back and forth. When he saw me his eyes lit up and he sprinted towards me.

“Hey you, long time no see! I got some great news, where’s all your stuff?” He asked, almost vibrating with excitement.

“Miles has it all, he said he’d bring it in while you told me your big surprise. So, what is it?” I said.

Bryce’s smile got bigger. “You, my friend, are going to be my new roommate, go grab your stuff, and I’ll show you where our room is.”

I turned around and Miles was there with my bags, I guess he had been waiting for this moment to bring everything up. I grabbed everything from him and followed Bryce, except he didn’t go to the room he was in last semester. He went further down the hall and to the last room on the right side. It was bigger than the other room, and instead of two double beds there was one queen size in the corner of the room.

I wonder why we only have the one queen size bed. That’s not normal for a college.

“Come on, let’s get you unpacked, we’ll have plenty of time tomorrow to get everything put away properly. But we both have a lot to get done tomorrow, so we should head to bed early tonight.”

With Bryce helping, I was able to get everything put away and my half of the room put into order quickly enough. It was a lot different than when I was living with Vincente and I didn’t know him yet. This time my roommate was my boyfriend, and I couldn’t have been more excited.

Bryce was right, I did have a lot to do tomorrow and I was getting tired from the drive over. But I didn’t think he was serious when he said we should go straight to bed. Once everything was unpacked he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards our bed. I latched onto him and leaned my head on his chest, letting him pull me along until we both fell onto the bed with a thud.

We both undressed and packed ourselves under the covers that Bryce had brought with him. It didn’t take long for him to reach over and start touching any part of me that he could, and I turned over so that we were facing each other. As soon as I was comfortable I pressed forward, closing my eyes and searching out his lips with my own.

I moaned as I was rewarded with the familiar touch of his lips against mine, and his tongue insisting upon being allowed entrance to my mouth. I parted my lips and he slid his tongue inside, searching and exploring while his hands pulled me in closer.

I helped him sit up on the bed and reached my hands under his shirt. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled it over me, and I reached up to help him take my shirt off entirely before lifting his shirt over his head. His head dove towards my abs, nipping and kissing along my body and causing me to shudder.

Reaching down, I grasped the hardening length in his shorts and I squeezed, prompting Bryce to work me over that much more quickly. Squeezing and palming him through his clothes caused him to buck forward, knocking me back onto the bed and landing on my back.

I heard him climb off the bed, and the sound of his shorts being unzipped and falling to the floor caught my attention. Bryce was naked, and his being naked made me feel overdressed for the moment, something Bryce immediately worked to fix. He grabbed my jeans and pulled down hard, pulling them off my hips without unbuckling or unzipping them.

Bryce pulled my legs apart and dove in between them. I was surprised at the ferocity of his movements, as he licked and bit the insides of my thighs and held my arms down at my sides. I tried to reach up to run my hands through his hair, but he growled at me and pushed back down harder on my wrists. After making clear that he didn’t want me to move, he climbed closer to me and kissed me, biting down on my lower lip. I closed my eyes, trying to process all the sensations going through my body.

“You’re all mine Williams. Your ass is all mine, and I’m going to enjoy this.”

I bolted upright with enough force to throw Bryce off of me. I shook my head and looked at him.

“What?” I asked. “What did you say?”

Bryce shook his head and looked back at me. “I said I’m glad school started so we can share a room together. What did you think I said?”

I shook my head, not wanting things to get weird or start another fight. Instead, I reached out and pulled on his arm, bringing him back to me. As he climbed back towards me, I flipped over onto my stomach so that my face was right in line with his cock. I felt him shuffling on the bed, and the head of his cock steadily crept forward towards me. I wanted this, and as his hardness reached me I opened my mouth and invited him inside, relaxing into the moment.

I strained to look up at the muscled physique and the raven hair that I remembered from the Spring. Bryce was filling me up, and with his left hand he rubbed my back gently, encouraging me to keep going. He kept his right hand in my blond locks, grabbing and fisting what he could of them to pull me down deeper, further than I thought I could take right now.

Bryce’s breathing became quicker and more shallow, and I knew he was getting ready. He surprised me, rather than releasing where he was, he pulled out and showered me from above, covering me from my head to my back in his juices. My own hardness was straining against the fabric of Bryce’s sheets, and I knew it wouldn’t be long before I lost control.

Without thinking about what would happen to his sheets, Bryce flipped be back over onto my back and engulfed me with his mouth. I groaned and bucked my hips forward, driving deep into the wet warmth and ignoring everything else around me. I wanted to feel what I’d given so many times before, and I was taking it. Before long, I could feel a surge within me as my orgasm hit me, and I spilled directly into Bryce’s mouth.

I thought he would be mad, I didn’t warn him or give him a chance to breathe, or do much of anything other than swallow my come. I couldn’t read the look on his face as he curled up around me and straightened the bed out.

When he kissed me with the taste of my seed still on his tongue, I melted into him and realized he was okay with how things went down. We both looked at the mess on the sheets, and I grimaced as I felt Bryce start to rub some of himself off of my back.

We’ll have to clean those tomorrow. Not to mention cleaning myself. Too bad people would notice if I snuck out for a shower.

I tried to find a more comfortable position as Bryce helped pull the covers over top of us. I drifted off to sleep, in the arms of my boyfriend.

This is how I wanted college to be. Nothing is going to go wrong this year.

Copyright © 2020 Hunter Thomson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Thank you for reading, I hope you've enjoyed the story so far! I do read the comments, and try to respond when I can, so feel free to let me know what you like and don't like!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

16 hours ago, wenmale64 said:

Great start. I wonder what will come of the scholarship meeting...  Nice to have you back Hunter!!

It's good to be back. This story has been a very long time coming, and I hope I'll be able to update it with the regularity it deserves. 

Link to comment
On 12/27/2020 at 2:27 PM, James B. said:

I agree can't wait to see what's up with his scholarship. Can't this poor kid catch a break.

Recent history suggests he cannot catch a break of any kind. :P 

At this rate, the only break he's going to get is in a bone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..