Jump to content
    Invnarcel
  • Author
  • 750 Words
  • 279 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Triton Prism - 8. Epilogue

CHAPTER NINE: EPILOGUE


Downstairs the four crushers sat around with plates of food. Various salads in trays with small amounts of meat. The meals were rather luxury, and for a taskmaster like Lysander this was basically a pizza reward day. Their elemental would never give them junk food. Nope, to him it was always healthy eating and training at dawn. Douglas forked through a bunch of leaves, olive and white cheese. Popping it into his mouth and chewing thoughtfully.

"So you're not grounded from missions?" Zao asked, sitting beside the quietly-running indoor waterfall.

"Doesn't seem like it." He took a sip from a healthy grapefruit drink.

"You're so lucky Doug!" Shari was sitting cross-legged on a square leather footrest of the couch, picking at strips of turkey.

"He fought Reburn alone." Yura was curled up by the window "He's lucky to be alive."

"…Gloria's still out there." He paused eating to stare up at the roof.

"…Think she'll try to come for us?" Shari asked.

"No," Douglas returned to eating "No I really doubt she will. But that doesn't mean we'll never come across her again. She's a hitman, I think her only motive is to complete missions."

After a minute of contemplation Zao spoke up "Lysander's been taking his time, hasn't he?"

"He's getting the new crusher ready. I won't be the baby anymore." Yura smirked.

"You've come a long way with your training." Douglas told her.

"I know."

When their elemental arrived most of them had finished their plates and Shari was going back for seconds. The blonde man turned to them, arms behind his back. Smiling and crinkling his different colored eyes.

"I hope you've left some for the newcomer." As he said it they could see a figure was lingering up the stairs.

"There's enough for ten people, Lysander." Shari piled the food on.

"Not the way you all eat. But I suppose I work you all quite hard." He dipped his head. "I want you all to meet Oscar."

Peeking over the stairway railing was a boy with straight, chestnut hair. He blinked at them with brown-yellow eyes, gave a little wave.

"Hey." They greeted their new sibling with smiles.

"I gave him Elise's power." Lysander said.

Douglas dipped his face to his food thoughtfully, scraping up the last forkful of his meal.

"Makes sense." Shari commented.

"I do want to study the development of these powers, that by no means is saying my new crushers will be replacements. Power ideas always come from somewhere." The blonde man stated.

"He doesn't look much like Elise anyway." Douglas spoke up with a smile.

"Suppose I'll take that as a complement." Oscar answered and descended the stairs. When he joined them Shari stepped away from the food and offered him a plate.

"Dig in."

They all went for seconds and ate together, reminiscent of a family.

"Whatever you kids don't eat I'll be sure to feed to Lucifer." Through the sliding glass door they could see the black dragon napping in the sun by the tree.

"Lysander, how's Titania activity been in the city?" Zao asked through a mouthful of chicken and lettuce.

"Inactive. But if they start organizing themselves again I'll be sure to let you all know." He wandered away from them, past the granite counter and stared thoughtfully at the wall clock. "I hope the city can take care of itself for a while… because actually, I got the strangest message from other elementals this morning."

"Who?" Douglas asked curiously, popping a cherry tomato into his mouth and chewing.

"Chris and Blake. They're about a hundred lightyears away. Messaging me a very curious proposition. A congregation of all the known elementals in the galaxy to a space-bound school for crushers, Satellite Academy."

"Woah… are we gonna leave Haphestus?" Douglas asked as food pieces fell from the mouths of the listeners.

"I'm seriously considering it." Lysander turned his head to eye them "Nothing is more valuable to elementals than elemental research. To be able to work with so many others is like the chance of a ten-thousand year lifetime. Chris and Blake are actually well over ten-thousand years old, the knowledge they would've attained must be remarkable…"

"So when do we pack?"

"A few days at the earliest, there's still some back and forth, things to figure out before we leave."

The five teens looked up at the ceiling as they sat around and ate. Daydreaming about travelling through space, a new adventure.

Copyright © 2020 Invnarcel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..