Jump to content
    jkeele777
  • Author
  • 556 Words
  • 689 Views
  • 2 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A letter to Billy - 2. The next letter, two months later...

Billy,

 

Can I just say, without being a total asshole, that I'm still so pissed off at you that I wish I could punch you in the face? And I find it terribly unfair that I can't. But, slowly but surely I am learning to curb my anger, at least where other people can see it, or can see my face. Of course, that only works for people who know me, and can hear my bullshit, even on the phone.

   

It has been two months since you killed yourself, and I am still mad at you, but I never could stay mad at you for long, and my guilt and grief and just fucking blah to everything fucking depressed attitude won't let it go just yet......fuck, man, how could you do that to us? It still just strikes me as a little surreal that you aren't here. Although, I suppose that surreal feeling could be the massive amounts of narcotics I have consumed in the last sixty days, but one never knows about these things, does one? I don’t blame you for the drugs, I was already doing that, but I'll say I have done a steep increase in intake since then. Again, not your fault for being dead, but mine for being fucking stupid.

 

So yeah, fuckhead, I forgive you. And I still love you. And I probably always will. And I haven't drank any of your scotch yet. I will, though, the first time I think about you and be happy. I don't think that should be an angry drunk - I kind of think of it as my goodbye to you, since I did not attend the services. Well, I could have, but I, well, I just couldn't get in the car. I don't regret it, though. Mick told me it was very much NOT you, and you would have been pissed. I would hope you were too busy getting high with Jerry to attend your own funeral. I mean, where are the perks, if you can't do an eightball with your idol, right? Anyway, kid, it's five a.m., and I should get some sleep (ha!) since I have much to do on the morrow. I love ya, kiddo. Be well, wherever you are.

 

Love,

Jeremy

 

 

PS

I just thought you might like to know that your sister handled this all with a great deal more strength and poise than I ever believed possible. She was strong enough to handle your parents grief, mine and everyone else, along with her own, and never let it drag her down. I couldn't even handle my own well enough to come to the funeral. I hope someday I have that kind of grace.

 

I'm at the point now that I have to stop with all the bullshit and face the facts. You are gone, and I'll never get to see you again. No more stupid drinking games, no more Dr. Who marathons, no more finding you passed out on the living room floor, because you rolled out of your chair and just couldn't give a shit enough to get back up. I'm gonna miss you like crazy, kiddo. Wherever you are out there, save some for the rest of us.

Copyright © 2014 jkeele777; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Anger takes a long time to get over. Two months is not a long time at all. It's especially hard since you will never know why Billy did what he did and you need closure so you can let the anger go and just remember the good times with Billy.

 

Of course Billy wouldn't want you to be angry or sad - he would just want you to be happy. He didn't do what he did to upset you; he did it because for some reason, he couldn't face whatever pain he was going through anymore. Yes, it certainly was selfish but he must have felt that there was no other way.

 

Again Jeremy, I'm really sorry for your loss.

Link to comment
On 09/27/2013 02:12 PM, Lisa said:
Anger takes a long time to get over. Two months is not a long time at all. It's especially hard since you will never know why Billy did what he did and you need closure so you can let the anger go and just remember the good times with Billy.

 

Of course Billy wouldn't want you to be angry or sad - he would just want you to be happy. He didn't do what he did to upset you; he did it because for some reason, he couldn't face whatever pain he was going through anymore. Yes, it certainly was selfish but he must have felt that there was no other way.

 

Again Jeremy, I'm really sorry for your loss.

Thank you again for the kind words. I think you are correct about the not knowing. I think thats why I have had such a tough time letting him go. But if I am ever to climb out of this pit, I have to forgive him and move on.....harder than it sounds, but not impossible!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..